[RP] Flytrap Canyon - A Steampunk Western

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Flytrap Canyon - A Steampunk Western

Post by Sleuth »

Flytrap Town Out And About:

The goats smelled danger-- a new, and unfamiliar creature had settled in on their land. Some small, fuzzy creature seemed to be sitting on their turf. It was like Goat, but Not Goat. Where were its hooves, its horns, its lovely odor? The goats were curious.

"Should we bite it?"

"Maybe."

"Should we bleat at it?"

"Maaaybe."

"Should we stare at it until it moves?"

"Yes. Let us do that."

And so, the goats continued to stare at Socrates, unmoving, unblinking, save for the soft sound of munching as they ate... something. What might they do next? It was a mystery known only to goatkind.

"...Good. Thank you." Was all Goatman said in response to the lawyer's cheerful reply. A third participant in the conversation had arrived, and Goatman had seemed to have stopped talking faster than a goat chomping on a piece of wood. He merely gripped his cane, as if trying to root himself in place while some unseen wind blew by and threatened to bowl him over. He seemed to be done talking, yet also wasn't going anywhere at all.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

The Hideout

"Heh. Wormbait. A solid 8.5/10 for Seagull. Nice..."

He took a second to appreciate Gull's wordplay, chuckling to himself. Truth be told, Worm appreciated having Gull around. Partly because of the fact that he was the only other person around his age there. But, more than that, he appreciated Gull's sense of humour... And, also, Worm appreciated irritating him. That was always amusing. Worm, personally, felt that they got on quite well for two guys who spent a lot of their first meeting mentally deciding whether or not to kill the other, there and then... In any case, Worm took a second to appreciate the nickname before moving back to his point.

"Ah..." Worm sighed. "Looks like the votes unanimous, and I don't care enough to argue the point. Don't say I didn't warn you when the time comes, though."

He said those last words with a half-hearted... uh... laugh, blurring the line between whether he was serious or seriously bad at telling jokes. With that having been said, he retreated to the space he'd cleared out for himself in the hideout. A hammock made of bedsheets and other miscellany strung between two metal poles protruding from the bunker floor. Resting on it, he opened up one of his journals and began flipping through. Reading.

Meanwhile, some of the group departed and the rest... Well, they were squabbling like, well, they were children so that wasn't surprising.

From the side of his reading material, Worm turns an eye to the group.

"Though, uh... Not that it's my place to judge or anything, but you're kinda proving my point."

He shrugged.

"But, hey. Could you at least keep it down? Some of us are trying to read?"

Flytrap Canyon Grade School

"Revise pages 25 through to 60 in your textbook, Children, and report back to me tomorrow."

Thin fingers finely completed the chalk number upon the blackboard. A soft power staining their already bone white tips even whiter.

"Yes, Mr. Graves."

The children responded in unison. A chorus of students turned robotic soldiers under the strict and effective disciplinary styling of Mr. Blackwood Graves. Not that the other teachers, nor the parents minded. Whatever Graves was doing, it worked. And kids can be a rowdy bunch so the quieter they are the better.

It probably didn't help that Blackwood Graves facade exuded a sickeningly false warmth. Like looking at a smiling mask. Sure, there's an expression of joy upon it's face but you can tell there's no empathy or humanity tucked behind it's hollow eyes. Not that Graves was known for untoward behavior within the community. Beyond a sort of... unsettling feel that he gave off, he was always soft spoken and ever so polite. A surprise a man of his age and general nicety wasn't already married. Though, then again, just a while back he was an utter milquetoast, timid thing.... Quite a surprise to see him so confident these days.

But that's not relevant right now. No, all that is relevant is the paper in his spindly hands. The paper he calmly reads as the classroom empties.

He already knows what it says, for he is the one who wrote it in all it's cursive glory.

A reward. But more importantly, a challenge. An amusing distraction. Maybe more.

"And it all starts today."

He spoke matter of factly to himself, his enunciation present with all the fluency of a professor of Her Majesty's English (though with a slight American accent.)

"How fun."

He pushes back on his chair, slides it back in, and puts on his black tweed jacket. Chalk, and what seems like faint stains of viscera from his other job, stains the cuffs and shoulders. He'll need to get it cleaned soon. But not today. Today is an important day.

With that in mind, he heads to the center of Flytrap Town. The heart of the canyon, and where his... associates, the "Hunters", shall more than likely be situated for this pleasurable intellectual diversion of cat and mouse.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Canyon Mouth

It had been quite the journey, but she was finally getting close. After pulling off the robbery with the other bandits, Sonia had gone back to her hometown to meet up with her little gang. She had informed them that she had pulled it off, and that soon she would return with the money. She then proceeded to ride out to Flytrap Town to meet with the other bandits. She was exhausted, as was her horse. "We're almost there, uh... I don't think I actually ever named you. Hmm... Let's go with Alexanderer, that makes sense, right?" she asked the horse, dismounting to look him in the face. "Alexanderer it is!" she declared. The newly named Alexanderer looked utterly indifferent to his name.

"Now then, first order of business, buddy! We gotta get in there, figure out where the rest of the squad is, and find out where we'll be hiding out. But first, we gotta go into town. We can't just barge in there, they might have people lookin' for us. I've got an idea!" she shouted, turning away from the horse. She dug around in her pocket, and pulled out what appeared to be a poorly made fake mustache. "We gotta get disguises! I'll be Ace Totallynotabandit and you'll be Shady Alexanderer. With names and disguises like these, no one will suspect a thing!" she stuck the fake mustache on and hopped back on the horse. "Alrighty, Alexanderer! To town we go!" Sonia exclaimed, the horse taking off through the forest into the town.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Spoiler : OOC :
I was going to post as Alexis, but apparently Gombarry wants to talk to her so I'll wait for that post first. For now, more Kenneth just so I can not delay DSY as much.

And here's a quick note: I am going to try to have fun with Kenneth's "darkness" and such. While I do intend for his posts to be a bit bleak, this is a guy who will be narrating the exact same way even in the most comic of circumstances. That's meant to be funny in its own way. Sort of like being comically serious, I guess...? Here's hoping it works out. I like poking fun at how edgy Kenneth was, especially his original incarnation. I might shift him to more "narrating in this serious/dark way in silly situations" writing if that's the tone the RP takes, though he'll always have serious posts. Basically I'm saying that I don't know what the future will hold in terms of tone and I'm experimenting a bit.
Kenneth - Bandit Hideout

I had to admit that I hadn't expected the coward to be the one to volunteer, but then again, I'd pretty much been prepared to go by myself if that was needed. Worm was too lazy to move anywhere, Tia was quiet enough for me to not be sure whether she'd be the type to volunteer or not, and Natashi was greedy enough to not move away from the gold... Or so I had thought. Interesting. The thought of losing all the gold seemed to motivate her, and she had enough common sense to realize that staying with the gold would be pointless if a bunch of bounty hunters showed up and filled everyone with holes. ... Yeah, sure. This worked. She was pretty unlikely to stab me in the back, though it was my natural instinct to never turn my back on anyone and always be cautious. There were cases when people weren't at all what they seemed to be, after all.

"Alright... Let's go. Prepare for the worst. We're doing something pretty risky, but I guess that's how we got this far. Might as well see where this road leads, right?" I asked, though it was obviously a question I didn't expect an answer to. I realized how dangerous it was to just walk into town. The truth was that I welcomed the danger. I was hoping that someone had made a wanted poster with my face on it so that I could enjoy the rush and danger of death. Let them try. The outcome was win-win anyway. Though of course, if I actually did get into a situation like that... I knew that I'd try to flee, that my self-preservation instinct would kick in. That's how I've lived my life. There's something wrong with that, I know it, but I don't ever want that behavior to be corrected. How could I give up on a feeling like that...? The idea seemed impossible.

Maintaining a relatively neutral expression, I made sure that I had all of my gear, and then left the hideout without another word, followed closely by Natashi. The journey does not deserve description, aside from the obvious mention of the bugs that infested the area. Now, I could insult the Hunters by comparing them to the bugs that surrounded us, but the truth was that all of us died just as easily. It wasn't a clever comparison or joke in the first place anyway.

When we arrived in town, I took a deep breath, my senses heightened due to the fear of death. Would a Hunter immediately recognize me and shoot me from far away? Or would they be more merciful than that? The possibilities interested me. I was eager to see what would happen...

So, of course, fate -if there is such a thing- decided to mock me by making my first encounter be with someone who most definitely wasn't a Hunter. While I did recognize her, I wasn't sure why she was wearing a fake mustache. Nor did I think the reason was a particularly good one. And... Was she escaping from someone? Had she already caught the attention of the law? ... No, wait, why was she even still alive? I had thought for sure that she had been caught and executed already.

"I can't wait to hear the explanation for this... Where did you go, why are you here, and how much are you charging for your circus act? Are you trying to attract attention? ... That aside, I honestly thought that you had gotten yourself captured and gutted like a pig. I guess that was off the mark..." I said to her. My tone expressed much more confusion than I would have liked it to, but I honestly hadn't expected to see Sonia ever again, with the possible exception of seeing her name on a gravestone somewhere. I wasn't sure what Natashi thought of the situation. Maybe she found this less confusing than I did.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Post by Gombarry »

Molov Peiric - Flytrap Town

It had been a long week, but we had finally made it to the apparent site of the Bandit hideout; A town called "Flytrap". The words "This looks familiar" pop into my head as we pass the main entrance of the town and pass onto Main Street. Of course, when you're as old and as well traveled as I am, you can almost barely tell the difference from town to town. You still have your general stores, your quack doctors offices, some Saloons, and smack dab in the middle of it all the town hall.

The only things you could say that was different about this town were the faces, and it's Namesake landmark: Flytrap Canyon. The Canyon was the only thing I really liked about this town. It was quiet, peaceful, and no one could hear a peep of what you were doing down there. Honestly the best place to keep a hideout. It didn't surprise me one bit when the Pinkmans gathered us around and told us the info they had given us.

And now here we are, in the Middle of Flytrap town about to get are supplies. Some had already gone. As I was about to say my temporary adieus, A girl in our group, her name was Alexis or something of that nature, suddenly turned about face. Eyes full of pride and concern, She presented a first aid kit to us and with a strong smile said "Hopefully it will be unneeded, but if any of you require it, I brought a first-aid kit with me on this journey. As your comrade, do keep in mind that I am willing to help any of you to the best of my ability. With justice on our side, we will not fail!"

A small smirk crawled upon my face. Justice? If she really thinks that this rag-tag bunch of Vigilantes were the epitome of Justice, Her idea of Justice is rather warped. We're criminals being paid to do criminal things. Where's the justice in that? The delicious Irony. While I may be rather twisted in this, taking a token of kindness as maybe something more than it actually is. I decide to keep these thoughts to myself and play along. Nothing wrong with a bit of delusion every once in a while.

"Why, thank you Miss... Alexis, was it?" I say trying to maintain a polite air of myself "While I appreciate the thought, we're going to need more than just that simple thing. Especially when it comes down to things such as major lacerations and near fatal gunshot wounds. I'm actually about to stock my Warehouse here with some Elixirs, ammo and whatnot. Perhaps anyone would want to come with to help us stock up?"
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Weapons Shop- Rachel

Upon hearing the fate of Connor's "fellow" Hunters, Rachel turned her gaze to her feet, her expression downcast. "I... see. That's terrible. I can't imagine what I'd be like to see something like that." Rachel had known that she'd been blessed, privileged even, to not have to deal with bloodshed her entire life. So it always hit hard when the fact that she was surrounded by people who did was made clear.

Rachel wasn't sure what to say at the moment, despite the fact that they were nominally addressing her, she was really a third party to the whole exchange. So she stayed silent.

Bandit's Hideout- Tia

So, it had been decided that they would find the turncoat. Tia honestly had a good deal of objections to the plan, but what was done was done. It's not like they could just hide out here forever anyway- they had to make a move at some point.

And if they were making their presence obvious at this stage, there really was no point in not heading to town herself. She decided to bring her weapon- they seemed to be abandoning subtlety to a certain extent, she didn't trust the people here as far as she could throw them, and a fight might be just what the doctor ordered to get rid of this nervous tension.

That determined, Tia grabbed the knife from her bag (which she pocketed), picked up her weapon, and followed Kenneth out of the cave and into town. Seeing that Kenneth seemed to be in conversation with a comrade that had arrived late. Deciding to let Kenneth take the lead in the endeavor- splitting up would hardly be an intelligent decision when she knows there were Hunters on the prowl, Tia merely stood in the background, waiting for the conversation to end.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
DLA

Post by DLA »

Margot - Flytrap Town

"Ah, many thanks, Mr. Copper. I would very much appreciate that." she replied. He seemed to have gathered a bit of an idea of just what kind of business she was running. But that also meant he might know about her run-ins with the law. If he knew about those, he could use them as leverage, and yet he didn't seem to be letting on any sign of knowing. He really was a tricky one, this one. She'd have to watch her back, maybe he would get them to charge her taxes on the land she used to set up camp.

Socrates then turned his attention to the goats, staring intently back at them. "Do you have a problem, gentlemen? I'll have you know I have claws I can use if you so much as dare get near me." He purred, then spun around and began to lay down again, still staring back. "If you will be excusing me, my journey here has left me quite weary, so I think I shall be taking a look at this tavern establishment. I bid you a good day, and hopefully we are meeting again." she tipped her hat, then began to pull the wagon behind her in the direction of the tavern.

Sonia - Flytrap Town

"Eh? Who are you, young man? I am merely El Cuervo- I mean, Ace Totallynot- aw, whatever!" she said, attempting to put on a deep voice to disguise hers but failing. She climbed off Alexanderer. "I blame you for not remembering the names." Alexanderer continued to look utterly indifferent. She turned to Kenneth. "Anyway, here's the deal. I rode out to my hometown to let my gang members know the robbery succeeded, and I'd be back with my cut of the cash soon. I knew you guys were somewhere near this town, but nobody ever told me where the hideout was. I decided to ride into town here with the intention of finding one of you guys, but I figured they must be looking for us, hence the disguise. El Cuervo always accounts for all the possibilities when making a plan." she whispered.

This Kenneth guy frightened her. He seemed like the most experienced of the bandits, and thus the most dangerous one. She couldn't exactly say the same for Natashi, who seemed like the least experienced of them. She doubted that she even had any combat experience, and while Sonia didn't have much, she did rough up troublemakers when she needed to. She didn't trust either of them, regardless of how dangerous or not each one was. "Now that I've explained myself, would either of you mind telling me where the hideout is? This disguise is starting to get itchy, and I'm not sure it's a good idea to hang around here longer than needed to."
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Alexis - Flytrap Town

My fellow hunters had mostly already gone their separate ways. I felt a tinge of embarrassment since my words hadn't earned a direct response at first, but this was not a bad thing. As long as they knew that I was willing to help, that was enough. This was far from a bad situation to be in... I needed to prove my worth to my fellow hunters so that they would feel more comfortable relying on me. Just being a Lockswell was not enough. Respect is something to be earned, not a birthright. It was then that one of my fellow Hunters directly spoke to me, though I decided to say something to the others in any case.

"Thank you for listening to my words, and thank you again!" I shouted, admittedly a bit louder than I had intended. I then turned to Molov. I had to admit that my guard was instantly raised for a moment, though that went away once I realized how rude that was. The truth was that I had heard about Molov's reputation... Some people suspected him of being a vampire, or perhaps even worse. Still, I couldn't let that cloud my judgment of him! There are many tales of heroes with bad reputations for one reason or another, and to assume that he was a villain just because of some idle gossip... Really, what was I thinking? I offered him a smile, then pondered his words.

I had been told similar things in the past. 'Justice' by itself could not carry someone to victory, though I truly did believe that it helped greatly. It was true that there were cases when heroes fell before villains, though I believed that evil would eventually be vanquished by another hero. Still, to say that justice alone was enough would be an insult to all the heroes who had fallen in battle.

It was then that I realized that I had misinterpreted what he had said when he spoke more. Oh dear... I had rushed to conclusions. I had assumed that he had been talking about 'justice' due to being told something similar by other people in the past... But he had just meant that my first-aid kit would not be enough for all injuries. I was suddenly very grateful that I hadn't spoken until I had thought about it more. Making a blunder like that so quickly was rather clumsy of me.

"Ah, quite right. While I am not sure if I will need to buy anything, I shall accompany you. Perhaps I will find something that interests me, and if nothing else, it will be helpful to better acquaint myself with the townspeople," I said, nodding in affirmation. I waited to see if anyone else was joining us. Either way, I was prepared to get a closer look at what the town had to offer.
-----------------------------------------------
Kenneth - Somewhere else in Flytrap Town

It took me a while to notice, but eventually I realized that Tia had apparently decided that following us was fun or something. She hadn't said anything, and for all I knew it was possible that she hadn't been trying to conceal her presence... I'd need to be more careful. We were allies, but there was no telling if that would ever change. Her ability to remain hidden was both kind of creepy and reassuring at the same time. Right, as long as our alliance remained, her skills could only help. Though if we ever did get into a fight for whatever reason... That'd be kind of interesting. Best not to think about it anymore though. Thinking about it too much would probably turn it into a self-fulfilling prophecy somehow.

Sonia had apparently decided that insulting my intelligence by pretending to be someone else was a good idea, but she thankfully dropped it just as quickly. She kept the mustache on anyway though. This only served to make her look absolutely ridiculous when she tried to seriously talk about her plan. ... I'd just ignore it and pretend this wasn't as ridiculous as it was. I didn't need more reasons to be annoyed at my comrades. As for her explanation about what had happened... It sounded kind of ridiculous, but I would tolerate it since it meant that we had another person to help us. Considering our situation, we needed all the help we could get, even if that help did come in the form of someone who'd place herself in a situation as ridiculous as this. When she asked for an explanation, I decided to answer.

"One of us can show you the way later. For now, we've got something else to worry about. Namely the possibility that our 'friend' John might be selling us out as we speak. We're trying to look for him now. ... Don't suppose you've seen him? Also, keep your voice down. You never know who might be listening in..." I asked, though it was a long shot. If she absolutely insisted on being told the directions to the Bandit Hideout, I would tell her, but I was hoping that she'd join us in our search. I wasn't particularly fond of her way of attracting attention, but with a horse, we could cover more ground...
Spoiler : OOC :
Just as a quick note: Gombarry has my permission to have Alexis auto-follow Molav in his next post, just so I don't have to write a post that is literally nothing but "Alexis decides to follow".

As for Kenneth & Pals... I don't know if actually finding John is a good idea or not. What does everyone else think? On one hand, it'd have a bunch of people in one scene, and most of them would be Bandits, which might be bad if we prefer to have more Hunters to talk to. On the other hand, it could make for a good scene. I guess it depends on what everyone else prefers to do. (Basically: I should actually set up some plans so I have an idea of what to do.)
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Flytrap Town:

The Goats watched the cat. The Goats kept watching. The Goats saw all.

The Goatman watched quietly as the Minerva girl moved on, gripping his cane tightly until she left.

"Newcomers..." The Goatman murmured. "...There will be more now."

But it was time to make his rounds now. He blew his whistle, and the goats fell into line. The Goatman gave a small nod to Harvey, as he began to walk off.

"...I will speak more of this later..." He said. "Nice day."

With that, the Goatman strode off, taking his herd with him.

It was back to the farm for the Goatman, to pick up his bottles of goat milk, load them into his cart, and bring it around town. His daily deliveries were always on time, and he had never failed to bring his customers satisfaction. This may be in part due to the fact that he was the only milk provider in town.

The Goatman hitched his cart up to his goat pack, and with a blow of his whistle, they were on their way. The goats bleated excitedly as they waddled off into town, the milk bottles jangling in their frosty glasses as the cart moved through the town.

It wasn't long before Goatman caught sight of a familiar face-- The usually meek schoolteacher Graves. If there were anyone in town who could use a refreshing glass, it'd be him.

Goatman blew into his whistle, and the goats came to a stop just before the teacher. The cart clattered to a halt, trembling as though it threatened to fall apart at any second, but held itself together through sheer will.

"...Morning." Goatman grunted, gesturing to his cart. "Milk?"
DLA

Post by DLA »

Sonia - Flytrap Town

"Nope, I've only just arrived. Haven't seen hide nor hair of him, though I do have an idea of where he could be... Where does one usually find all sorts of villains, ne'er-do-wells, and overall unpleasant people?" she stood there, thinking for a bit. "I've got it! He might be in the saloon. I think I'll go and search there, if that's not a problem." she said, tipping her hat. "El Cuervo out! If you need to find me, you know where I'll be." she led Alexanderer after her as she walked away, definitely searching for John and not just trying to get away from her scary team members or anything.

She tied up Alexanderer at the post outside so he wouldn't escape, much to his dismay, and entered the bar. She tried not to attract much attention, but the jangling spurs, the hat, and the fake mustache did a good job of ruining that. She strolled up to the counter and put a few coins on it. "Apple juice on the rocks." she said, once more trying to put on a deeper voice to disguise her own but not doing a good job of it. She looked around the tavern. No sign of John amongst the other troublemakers. Her attention turned to the other figure at the counter, specifically the badge.

This guy had to be the town sheriff or something like that. If he was looking out for her and recognized her, it was all over. Jail forever, or death, or something equally scary. But if he was the sheriff, it'd mean he kept watch over everything that happened, and probably would have seen John. She would have to hope her disguise worked. "Ahem, excuse me there, young man. I am Ace. I'm looking for my son, you see. He's about yea big, scary-lookin' type, basically carries around a whole armory on him. You wouldn't happen to have seen him, have you?" she asked, adjusting the fake mustache.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

The Tavern:

The Sheriff glanced up from his paper, glancing over this... "Ace" fellow. A new person in town-- Nice mustache, but it didn't match their hair... Could it be...? A wig! Aha! Nothing got past Sheriff Kidd.

"A big fellow with lots of guns eh?" The Sheriff said, scratching his stubble. "Well, my friend, that could describe a number of the peculiar and odd people that live in this town-- You'll nary find a person here who ISN'T packing heat! Hell, even this lovely bartender--"

He leaned in towards Ace conspiratorially.

"--Could be packing a twelve-gauge shotgun just behind that counter!"

Kidd scooted back, exiting the cone of silence.

"But you're in luck, because in this instance of sheer luck and circumstance, you stumbled on to the exact most capable person for your job; The Sheriff of Flytrap Town! Call me Kidd."

He tapped the gleaming star atop his hat, which inexplicably glinted on cue.

"I was just about to go on my daily patrol, sussing out those bandits that are rumored to be here." Kidd went on, swirling an invisible drink. "Tell me more about this fellow, and I'll let you know if I spot him."

Meanwhile, he threw a cocky grin at Vikki, as if to say "See? I CAN do my job."
songotenman
Spoken languages: English, Danish

Post by songotenman »

The Mouth
"Hurry up, Ingolus. We're already late as it is."
Michael was getting annoyed. Not only had it taken forever to pack all his stuff, Ingolus was moving at a snails pace.
Michael sighed. This was not how he had figured his first mission as a hunter would have turned out.

Michael got an idea.
"Okay Ingolus, you know what, why don't you continue walking towards town at a snails pace. I'll just scout up ahead using my hoverboard, and we will meet up in town later. Do you still have the map I gave you earlier?"
Ingolus nodded.
"Good." Michael quickly checked that he had everything he needed for now. Hoverboard, check. Flamethrower, check. Badass Goggle, check.
"Oh Ingolus, before i leave, make sure that the water storage unit keeps following you, okay?" Ingolus nodded again. "Good. Well, see you later." After he had said that, he stepped up onto his hoverboard, and took of towards town.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Weapons Store

The Drifter remained silent as the other two talked. Even when John directly spoke to him, the hunter opted for silence. It was impossible to tell what the man was thinking behind that mask. He just watched(?) the two have their discussion, not moving his metallic hand from John's shoulder. Finally, though, he spoke up.

"....So, 'friend'," he said to John, in a rather...unconvinced tone. "Why don't we celebrate your good health with a drink at the tavern? I was just headin' there myself, and y'know what they say 'bout drinkin' with company. Unless,'course, you've got better places to be right about now." His grip on John's shoulder tightened a little. He stared(?) at John expectantly.

----

Flytrap Town

Harvey smiled at Margot and the Goatman as they parted ways, then wiped his glove on his pant sleeve. "They better not shake with the hands they feed those mongrels with..." he muttered to himself. He quickly regained his composure, however, straightening his coat and plastering a new smile onto his face. "Well, that's one of those hunters down! Mustn't dilly-dally, though, I've got a lot of headway to make! It's important I make a good first impression on the local heroes as they start pouring in...One never knows what connections will come in handy."

With his latest deal set, Harvey continued to make his way towards the front of the town, hoping to run into any other hunters to officially greet them as soon as possible...
Spoiler : OoC :
Harvey's open for any interaction again.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Weapons Shop

Rachel frowned. She didn't like the way this conversation had developed. There was a certain... atmosphere in the air. A certain subtext to their exchange. Rachel was certain at least one of the men knew something they weren't telling her.

The Huntress took a deep breath. Well, moping about it wouldn't do her any good. If it was important, she had to have faith she'd figure it out eventually.

"Hey, mind if I join?" Rachel chimed in, a smile once again gracing her features. "Not much of a drinker but would love to hang out with you guys!" There was a pause. "... And talk strategy and stuff." Rachel added as an afterthought.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
DLA

Post by DLA »

Margot - Flytrap Town

Margot pulled the wagon until she reached the front of the tavern. Plenty of unsuspecting marks ought to be wandering around here. Now all she had to do was play the waiting game.

"I say, I may have lost my prototype, but *hic* I can still make it, you see! Archibald Heifer never gives up! Soon, *hic* I shall be running my own corporation! Heifer Industries! *burp* We'll make millions!"

A young man with bright red hair, mutton chops, and a bowler hat came stumbling out of the saloon, more than a little bit drunk. This was the man she had stolen the organ grinder from. It seemed after losing his invention, he went west to seek investors, and when that didn't work out, he turned to the drink. What was she to do? Would he recognize her? Would she steal from him yet again?

"Ahem, excuse moi, monsieur! How would you like to purchase a bottle of Madame Minerva the Magnificent's Magical Elixir?" she asked, flourishing her hat.

"What flavor is it?" Heifer asked, fiddling with his facial hair. She looked a bit confused. "Flavor? This is elixir, it's not supposed to have a flavor. It just works magically."

"Is it grape flavor? If so, I'm not interested. Good riddance!" he shouted, wandering away. She couldn't make anything off him this time, but at least he hadn't recognized her. Perhaps next time?

Sonia - Tavern

Sonia stumbled back a little bit when the sheriff said the bartender could have a shotgun. Her disguise seemed to be fooling him, but he was still not one to be messed with. Still, he could be a valuable ally. He wasn't working for the Pinkman people, so he wouldn't get anything if he were to turn her in. "You need more information, you say? The boy's name is John. Tall guy, sunglasses, whole bunch of ammo across his chest, short hair, pinstripes. That oughta cover it, I think." she said, fiddling with the mustache again.

"So, you're the sheriff around here, huh? You must know law enforcement, so have you ever heard of the mysterious El Cuervo? She's some sort of vigilante that protects this little town not too far from here, and does a pretty good job of it, I've heard. She's really cool and everyone likes her and stuff. Nobody knows who she is, though. Complete and utter mystery. Few have ever looked her in the eye." she said, looking Kidd right in the eye.