Somehow, she roped you into it. You've only just begun your Pokemon journey, and already you're sailing out to a whole other region! But you know that friends will be there.
You've all planned this for months. You're worried, but also so exciting! The four of you, in unfamiliar land, taking on the ultimate challenge. It feels like so long ago you were all sitting cozy in front of your computer screens just chatting about it. You never thought you'd ever do it-- You were all just kids!
But you weren't kids anymore. Now you were Team Opal. Ready to take life by the horns, she'd gotten you all together for one big chance. The ship is getting closer-- You can see the skyscrapers piercing the horizon. It's nearly time. You'll all meet in mere moments and then... The challenge of a lifetime will begin. The boat pulls into the harbor. You set foot on the docks, and breath in the fresh air. A little bit away, you can see her, grinning and waving. You have arrived.
Welcome to Unova.
Welcome to Pokemon Opal Version, an RP based on the Pokemon franchise. This RP is set in the Unova Region (5th Generation) post-BW2. We're using the most recent games (ORAS) for reference as far as movesets, gameplay, and features.
The RP follows the adventures of a group of young Trainers known as Team Opal, as they venture across Unova in their quest to be the very best. Along the way they will encounter villainous teams, powerful Gym Leaders, worthy Rivals and true companions. Will you join Team Opal's quest to win all 8 Gym Badges? Or will you crush their dreams beneath your heel?
Team Opal will consist of 4 main characters, though others can tag along and join the group. Team Opal's adventures are the focus of this RP, and the adventures will all revolve around their quest to win 8 Gym Badges. Other Players will be Gym Leaders, Rivals, Villains or just other Trainers. The story will take place over 12 Episodes, each taking place in a new city, which end when the main party defeats the boss of the area. There will be 8 Gym Battles and 4 Non-Gym Bosses. In between will be 2-3 events to spur interaction and yield some small rewards, like rare Pokemon or more LP. Once all 12 Episodes are completed, the game is over.
This map here is also a good reference to keep handy.
Marked Map Of Unova Region
"So Wait, Is This A Sequel To PokeRP1?"
For the sake of players who'd want to continue/reuse their PokeRP characters, we're saying this is a separate timeline AU whatever from PokeRP. You need no knowledge of the first game to be involved with this one and it won't really touch on any of the plot. However, if you wanna throw in PokeRP references, go nuts!
This RP does borrow heavily from PokeRP, but the major difference here is that PokeRP2 is focusing on a main storyline with a beginning, middle, and end. That's not to say that players still can't do their own thing-- However, we will be driven along as we go, sorta like a road trip. You can either be in the car going along, or one of the strangers they meet along the way, and there's no one stopping you from leaping on or off the car either.
As the main group driving the plot, it's up to you to stop the villain team, make friends and rivals, and tell the story of your character as they grow, evolve, and battle. The party is free to split, but will take on most big challenges as a unit. This group essentially is the star of the show, and the game will progress with them.
But Team Opal might not even stay together-- New members can join and members can fall out. Team Opal is merely the start of this story-- By the end, perhaps they'll have gone their separate ways.
- Players can switch in or out of the party at will, so long as there is room or a willing replacement.
- NPCs are able to tag along with Team Opal, or become full members of the party. However, there cannot be more than 6 members.
- NPCs that choose major roles, such as Villain Boss or Rival, cannot join the party.
- All roles are played by NPCs, but not all NPCs need a role.
- Players can app multiple NPC characters, but cannot app multiple roles. I.e. You can app two NPC twins, but you cannot app for both Gym Leader and Villain Leader.
- Players can play an NPC as well as a Main Party member, but can only have one of those characters in the Main Party.
- NPCs can join the Main Party provided that there is a free spot, and both parties agree to the change. It's first come first serve, so ask if anyone will be willing to trade spots.
Now, to detail some of the bigger roles.
- Gym Leaders have no set teams, and access to every Pokemon of the type they specialize in. If a Gym Leader joins the party, though, their party is limited to 6 max.
- Gym Leaders in this game are not bound to the Type the canon leaders chose. (i.e. Just cause you're the Nimbasa Gym leader doesn't mean you have to be electric type) Go nuts!
- You can totally detail your own Gym and cover it with pictures of Quagsire.
- First come first serve-- Whoever gets the Boss role can name the Team, their motivations, and mascot Pokemon.
- Villains are free to cause trouble however they like, and thus can begin anywhere.
- Their hideout is somewhere in Unova, but nobody exactly knows where.
- There's technically no difference between "Admin" "Exec" and "Commander". But they sound cool.
- There can be up to 3 Rival characters. They don't necessarily have to act together, but they all are against the Main Party. But if you wanna make a Rival Squad...
- The Rival has the same goals as the Main Party, but is acting against them and trying to get the 8 Badges first.
So for this RP, we get to play by ear. Go with what feels right and what you think works for the character or Pokemon. If we have to bust out concrete levels, keep a general level in mind and we'll work it out from there.
When all 12 episodes are completed, the game is over.
NOTE: It is HIGHLY recommended that you create a Google Docs record of your character. Even if you are not part of the Main Group, it's easier for the GMs to help you and keep track of the Pokemon.
Episode 1: Castelia City - Warm Welcomes
Episode 2: Nimbasa City
Episode 3: Driftveil City
Episode 4: Mistralon City
Episode 5: Icirrus City
Episode 6: Opelucid City
Episode 7: Lacunosa Town
Episode 8: Undella Town
Episode 9: ??????
Episode 10: Viribank City
Episode 11: Floccesy Town
Episode 12: Aspertia City
Generally, GM duties fall to "advancing the plot with narration/update posts", "posting TRs and WPs from the Generator", and "solving disputes between players".
Where GMs will probably most be needed is RP battles can get pretty messy and though I trust people to generally police themselves, sometimes it can be a bit tricky to decide if things were fair or not. This is where I'll need GM help to discuss and determine if that Magikarp really SHOULD have been thrown or not. If such a situation arises, we GMs will discuss which course of action we think is best and rule whatever needs to be done. GMs will only step in when there's need for it.
Please let us know if you're interested in being a GM, and we'll send you the GM doc and link to the Generator (thanks again to Kwando).
Jade Ita (Kwando1313. The Original Opal)
Roland Nolastname (The Ash Raichu. It's Pronounced "No-Lahst-Nah-May")
Velvet Rose (NihilisticNinja. Thus Kindly I Scamper)
Merle Hazel (DetectiveLukeAtmey. Who You Gonna Call)
Rival: Alexander Nathans (Alnar. From An Alternate Dimension To Fight You)
Boo Kristal (Hesseldahl. A Girl On A Mission)
Arthur Maxvellian (Songotenman. A New Challenger Appears)
Salaryman: Sadie Yankovitz (Calvinball. The Pride of Silph Co.)
Regan Krueger (Calvinball. Spooky Scary Skeletons)
Erwing (enigma. Buy Erwing Brand Soda. It's Mildly Okay!)
Merry Winters (DSY. Retired Gym Leader)
1st Gym Leader: Chilly Winters (DSY. Ice Ice Baby)
2nd Gym Leader (Nimbasa City): Chesterton (Detective Luke Atmey. A Mansion of Mystery)
3rd Gym Leader (Driftveil City): ???
4th Gym Leader (Mistralon City): ???
5th Gym Leader (Icirrus City): Zeth Etherflame (ZetaAzuel. The Spirits Awaken)
6th Gym Leader (Opelucid City): Nyanko (Enigma. Nya.)
7th Gym Leader (Viribank City): Aya Radiata (The Ash Raichu. A Steely Resolve)
8th Gym Leader (Aspertia City): Cosmo (Dave. A Legend Reborn)
Villain Team: Team Connect
Team Commander: Glare (DSY. Eyes On The Prize)
SS Sleuth (A GM Robbed Of His Free Time)
Kwando (A Technocrat Who Made This Generator)
Alnar (A Rival Wearing A Hat)
- Code : Tout sélectionner
[b]Name:[/b] (What Was Your Name Again?)
[b]Age:[/b] (You Look About 10. Always.)
[b]Role:[/b] (As In, "Time To Rock And")
[b]Starting Location:[/b] (For Main Party, this is Castelia City. N/A for Villain Team. For NPCs, your location determines when you appear in the story. Please check above for details.)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Tell Us How Ugly You Are)
[b]Bio:[/b] (All The Junk We Care About)
[b]Pokemon:[/b] (For Main Party only: 1 Starter Pokemon from any generation, including Pikachu and Eevee, and 1 free Pokemon from any generation, minus legendaries. Both must be at their basic level. Other roles may PM their teams to the GMs if they wish to keep them a surprise.)