[RP] Pokemon: Opal Version - Episode 1: "Warm Welcomes"

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Pokemon: Opal Version - Episode 1: "Warm Welcomes"

Post by Sleuth »

As all of her friends gathered on the docks, Isabelle Olive quickly passed out the Xtrancievers to her friends-- Indigo Blue for Roland, Velvet Red for Velvet, Jade Green for Jade, and Raven Black for Merle.

With all four of her subje-- I mean, friends, ready to go, Isabelle raised her own olive-colored Xtranciever and quickly synchronized their watches with a click of a button. The watches blinked to life, and Isabelle's eyes lit up with excitement.

"Testing, testing," She said, speaking into her wrist. Her voice echoed out of the four other watches, confirming that they did, indeed, work.

"Yes!" Isabelle cried, pumping her fist. "Alright, guys, everything's golden. Keep in touch with these Xtransceivers, and soon, we'll have all 8 Badges in no time!"

With that, Isabelle and Professor Olive stepped aside, and the rest of Castellia City comes into view. The city stands before you, and behind it, all of Unova. A new land, unknown to these four heroes. Will they manage to win fights and stuff? Who knows.

But for now... Let the journey begin.
Spoiler : OOC :
prologue done, feel free to go

Characters beginning in Castelia City are free to appear. This includes NPCs and Gym Leaders if they so wish. The first episode has begun and will continue until the players defeat the 1st Gym Leader, Chilly Winters.

have fun
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

In the distance, you can see something moving quickly, almost tripping various times. When the object got closer you can see a silhoutte.
What is that? Is that a jigglytuff? An Audino? A new specie? No, it's girl with pink hair. She reaches her trajectory in front of the group before she falls to the ground at some point.

"Nyahaha!" The girl laughs with her loud voice. "I finally meet you, group Opal..." She makes a pause." But before you ask, let me tell you who I am..." She is closing her eyes." I am the beautiful, mysterious,intelligent and young... Boo Kristal!" The girl makes a dramatic pose while she introduces herself. "I heard that a new group of trainers would come to this region, and I couldn't resist the urge to meet them face to face." She inspects everyone from head to toes."So I decided to came here to search quality trainers who help, ME , in my super-duper-ultra secret mission." The girl adjusts her multicolored sunglasses.

And that's how Boo meets the group.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Castelia City:

Roland eyed this new girl about as hard as she eyed him. It had to figure as soon as he set foot in this region, the eccentrics would naturally come flocking. Roland thought he escaped all that when he left Kalos. Maybe these people were everywhere. Maybe he was the crazy one. Either way, Roland had a hard time taking this "Boo" girl seriously. Maybe it was the pastel getup, maybe it was how she was blabbering like she was some kind of secret agent, or maybe it was just the name Boo getting to him.

"...That right? Well, if you keep talking like that, I doubt it'll be a secret for too much longer... Still, I'm slightly intrigued by what your definition of "quality," might be..." Roland trailed off and adjusted his glasses.

Blister made a few clicking noises. Just Blister things, really.
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

Castelia City:

Boo started talking to her multicolored XTranceiver. "Boss, I have a problem, they didn't ask me what was my secret mission... WHAT?! That I need to erase them?! but they are "quality trainers", I can't do that... What?... Ok. El Psy Congroo." Even if it looks like Boo was having a conversation, her XTrainceiver was actually turned off all the time.

"Well Roland, for someone to met my standards of quality trainers, they need to be passionate and have a great sense of justice, they need to understand what a pokemon battle they need to be really attractive and last but no less important, the need to win a match against me!" Boo makes a dramatic pose. " Come on Roland, show me what you got!" She takes her pokeballs out.
Spoiler : ooc :
Ok, the whole purpouse of this is to initiate a pokemon battle, I hope it works.
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Castelia City

After receiving her prized Xtransciever, Velvet was admittedly uncertain what she should expect next. She simply had to accept whatever it was that Fate dealt her, and claim it as her own.

The first development turned out to be an... eccentric girl that appeared to be putting on a secret agent act of some sort, babbling to some imaginary superiors. Before Velvet could engage in pleasantries, however, the girl said things that were clearly meant to instigate a battle, and Roland took the bait. She turned to the strange new girl.

"You know, if you want that ruse to work, you should have the Xtranceiver on." Velvet said casually, as though commenting on the weather. "Well, regardless, enjoy the battle."

She then sat on the ground, shifting her gaze to Roland, and waited for the clash to begin.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Castelia City:

"Heh. Guess I'm roped into this, now, aren't I?" One could see a grin crawling onto Roland's face. "Figures I get to have the first battle of our Unova career. Career? Journey? Nah, that's too cliche. Whatever. You all get what I mean." Roland waited for the docks to clear up, giving ample room for battle before calling on his first Pokemon.

"Elizabeth, you're first. Make me proud." Elizabeth just turned to stare at Roland, her eyes flashing crimson. Roland laughed. "C'mon, we both know that doesn't work on me anymore. Now, get out there, or we aren't going back." Elizabeth feared the change ahead of her. She had made that fairly obvious with how vocal she was when the boat leaving for Unova took off. That, and Roland knew Elizabeth hated when things changed in general. Elizabeth climbed off Roland's shoulder, and stared down Boo, ready for whatever Pokemon she would send out.
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

Castelia City - Roland vs. Boo:

Boo just seemed bothered by Velvet comment. " Well, it looked like it was off because normal people can't see my Xtrainsceiver unless you have one pair of multicolored sunglasses."

She waited that Roland let his pokemon out, an Snivy named Elizabeth "Ah Snivy? That is named like the queen of England?" Boo just let a small laugh, and then threw her pokeball. " Go charmander! Show them our burning passion." The charmander was dressed with a custom made tuxedo. "Ladies go first, right Mr.Nolastname?" Boo said with a confident smirk. " Charmander use scratch against the queen of England!"
Last edited by Hesseldahl on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

"I was planning on ladies first anyways, so this works out rather nicely, doesn't it?"

And so it was Charmander. It was always Charmander, wasn't it? Roland understood why Charizard was such a sought-after Pokemon, but still. There wasn't too much time to dwell on that, though. Boo had commanded a scratch from Charmander. Roland could call a tackle from Snivy...

Yes... Roland was absolutely certain this would trade favorably. Seventeen pounds of tiny snake should beat out some tiny lizard claws any day...

"Elizabeth, meet it with a Tackle, if you will." Elizabeth was more than ready to pummel this guy. Charmander thought it was so fancy with its tux or whatever. There was only room for one posh Pokemon on this dock, and Elizabeth wasn't giving up her position any time soon! With a slithering start, she lunged with all the might her tiny legs could give her at the tiny fire drake.
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

Charmander receives the tackle, he doesn't seem that hurt, he justs fixes his tuxedo. Boo seems relieved that her pokemon's clothing is fine.
"Nice try Mr.Nolastname, but let me tell you that my passionate charmander is going to defeat your small monarch." Boo says.

"Come on charmander, use your mighty and loud growl!" The charmander takes some air and releases his growl, hoping that the queen of england is intimidated and reduces the force of her attacks.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

"Heh. Left yourself open, there. Tackle again, Elizabeth."

Snivy shook off the scratch she took tackling the Charmander the first time. Pokemon battling was a constant war of attrition, and at the rate things were moving, Roland had a huge advantage after the opponent started letting up. Her resolve shaken slightly, Snivy lunged again at Charmander.
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

Castelia City-Roland vs. Boo:

Boo looked annoyed." Do you know anything about a pokemon battle?! Now your Snivy tackles are less damaging to my precious charmander." More than annoyed, Boo looked pissed.

"Charmander use scratch at that pokemon!" The charmander received two tackles, but one of those, was less hurtful than the other, maybe the charmander still has hope of winning the battle. The fancy lizard released a scratch at the royal lizard.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Roland remained silent as Charmander's claws once again struck Elizabeth. She was breathing a little heavier, now, but still raring to go. It seemed like Roland was processing something, although he was doing that cliche anime thing where the light reflects off his glasses and no one can see his eyes. It was impossible to tell what he was thinking... At least until he spoke up.

"You must take me for some kind of fool. Tackle once more, Elizabeth, posthaste."

Although, now that he thought about it, Roland was probably inside Boo's head at this point. Now he just had to stay there...
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

Castelia City-Roland vs. Boo:

Boo was being serious? " Mr.Nolastname, I can't fully judge you for the moment... Show me who you are through this battle!"

Determination fuels Boo " CHARMANDER! USE SCRATCH AT FULL FORCE."

The fire lizard received another tackle from the grass lizard, both seemed tired. The charmander received orders from her trainer, the small pokemon obeyed and used scratch with all his power at the the other small pokemon. Probably the attack wasn't as hard as the pokemon tried.
TAR, who do you think should win? Charmander or Snivy?
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Spoiler : OoC :
I remember us discussing in Xat that this battle was a foregone conclusion, with the matchup ridiculously in my favor. Either that, or I'm slowly spiraling into complete and utter insanity. Either way, I'm fine with Snivy going down with your next attack.
Castelia City - Roland vs. Boo

The Charmander's tiny claws once again started ripping up the royal grass snake's perfect form. Under normal circumstances, she'd just shrug it off like she had been, but taking blow after blow was really wearing her down, especially with the force commanded out of that last one. It was obvious to Roland that Snivy wasn't winning this one, so might as well set up.

"Elizabeth. Let's have a Leer, and brace for impact." Panting, Elizabeth glared at Charmander menacingly, her eyes flashing crimson, exactly the way they did before she set foot into this battle.
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

Yeah, I think we did...Or maybe I'm just saying this so you don't notice that you are already mad.
Castelia City - Roland vs.Boo

The charmander was exhausted, he had been attacked again by the other pokemon and he didn't take the hit that well.
"Charmander, give the royal pokemon the coup de grâce." A weird feeling comes when hearing Boo's tone of voice really monotone, it sounds almost creepy.

The fire lizard walks to the snivy, he hugs the monarch, and then uses scratch. He walks off from the poor, beautiful and elegant grass snake who has been damaged for the last time in this battle .
" Some pokemon aren't made for the battlefield." The pink haired girl words seem to be hurtful.
Last edited by Hesseldahl on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.