Whodunnit: 12 Puzzles of Christmas Edition (Answer!)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Trybien
Spoken languages: English

Whodunnit: 12 Puzzles of Christmas Edition (Answer!)

Post by Trybien »

Whodunnit: 12 Puzzles of Christmas Edition
This Round will be played between 12:00 P.M. - 10 P.M. EST

He sees you when you are sleeping. He knows when you are awake. He silently laughs over your bloodied corpse. No, this is not the jolly Kris Kringle that is joining us tonight! Our guest of honor on this night of treachery is the murderer who plans on massacring each and every one of you. As blood drips through the cracks of time on this Christmas night, ask yourself this, have you been naughty or nice this past year? Judgement shall be passed on this holiest of nights.
Spoiler : Map :
Backstory
Dear Miserable Lonely Reader,

Spending Christmas alone sucks, doesn’t it? Well there is no reason to fret, because I can guarantee that this Holiday season will be the most thrilling one you have ever experienced. As an enthusiastic puzzle connoisseur, I have constructed an exciting labyrinth of puzzles to help celebrate these jolly times. Consider it a present from me to you. And hidden inside this labyrinth, there is one puzzle holding a secret prize that belongs to whomever can solve it. I hope to see you here, and have a happy puzzle hunting!

Sincerely,
N. O. Treal

Returning Rules
The GM has all the normal GM rights. If something goes wrong, the GM can fix it. For instance, if it turns out that there are way too many rooms, the GM can magically close some of them off.
This mystery cannot be solved without clues that are not presented! In other words, while you are playing as you, you still can't use clues another person found until he/she tells you about it.
The killer's must've at least seen tools he uses to pull off his kills. If he has seen them and taken them with him secretly, then he can just use them at the time of the killing. If he has seen it but not taken it, he has to incorporate how he was able to get the weapon in his description of the crime.
At the start of each round, I will select a player I will call the 'detective'. That person has the right to use three secret actions. (In other words, do something that the other players and the killer himself is unaware of.)
The killer has the right to select an accomplice. This accomplice does not have to be revealed in the revealing of the solution. This accomplice cannot kill.
This accomplice is allowed to stay alive at the end (in other words, the killer doesn't have to kill him).
The killer has 12 Hours to kill everyone.
Time won't move in real-time, obviously. (In other words, I'll decide when I believe time should move forward.)
From the start, the killer has the right for ONE blackout per hour.
When the clock reaches the 12th hour and the killer failed to kill everyone, the killer has lost. However! During this time, other members will be forced to make their choice of the killer and explain the mystery. Should their answer be incorrect, nobody wins.
During one blackout, the killer can only kill ONE person.
The killer is allowed ONCE per game to kill TWO people in one blackout.
The killer's actions MUST be possible within his physical limitations (you can't just get out of a locked room like a magician...)
Label your actions with green, please. It would make things much easier:

Code: Select all

[color=#008000][b][/b][/color]
All of the entrants, please keep your online status hidden while playing.
The culprit cannot pickpocket during the blackout.

The killer can't god-mod. In other words, you can't magically knock 5 people out in one room. Nope. Sorry, pal, doesn't work that way. No sir.
Secret actions such as pickpocketing will be informed to the person on the recieving end (in other words, they WILL notice). This can also apply to certain situations in that sense (a secret action that I, for example, find extremely obvious or something similar).
There cannot exist more than 1 secret passage. These bastards have pretty much screwed you over in the past, and really gave a killer WAY, WAY more advantage than it should've (I'm looking at you, Round 2!)
If a body has yet to be found within an in game hour of its death, a hint of its existence will be given. (This onlly means existence, not location).
All text while inside a secret passage must be in spoiler tags.

Killer is strongly encouraged to choose inactive players as victims (Making no attempt to participate by either saying so out loud or by missing two in game hours.

Devil Rules
A major change will be brought to the survivors. While a detective with three secrets actions will still be in place:
Each survivor that doesn't posses any of the roles mentioned above has the right to ONE secret action during the round.

At the beginning of the game, all survivors are given a special... "power". They have a shot to throw ONE blue truth at me per round, the game master. For those of you who don't know, a blue truth is a theory or a hypothesis the player makes in trying to solve the crime. I, the game master, will respond to that blue truth, with a red truth (in other words, I will truthfully respond to it, either shooting it down or confirming it). Of course, simply saying "incorrect" is not acceptable. In other words... yeah - I will have to explain why that isn't correct. Remember, you get only one per round. The reason this is one - the killer can be extremely vague and not leave enough clues, leaving the survivors to lose in the end because of one incorrect detail and two, because it will force the killer to come up with a clever and out-of-the-box way of killing his or hers victims.

Ghost Investigation Rules:

-Ghost Investigation may be called at anytime after more than 50% of players are dead under GM discretion.
-Players can only become ghosts if they are dead and their body has been found.
-Ghosts have free reign over map to investigate.
-Ghosts can walk through walls.
-Ghosts CANNOT interact with physical objects (That means pulse cannot be checked and items cannot be picked up or moved.)
-Ghosts can only interact and talk with other ghosts.
-Ghosts can come up with theories, but they do not count towards victory.
-Ghosts can lead players to evidence and theories through apparitions.
-Apparitions take the place of blue truth, and can only be used once as long as blue truth has not been used.
-Only ghosts can see ghosts unless ghosts use apparitions.
-Ghosts cannot perform secret actions.
-Secret passages should still be in spoilers (at least for this round).
-Ghosts appear where their body is found, not where they died.
-Accomplice may become a ghost to help through the investigation off in the event they died.
-After last victim is killed, ghosts can present theories for an unofficial victory (that means they can examine the body/ies of the last victim/s.
-Game will end 24 hours after last murder when ghost investigation is put in place.
-Ghost actions should be in purple.
-Ghost responses will be in italics.

With that said, Only join game if you can guarantee being active during specified hours.

New Puzzle Rules
Throughout the round, puzzles will be available and may be attempted to be solved by the players.
Attempting to solve a puzzle counts as an action
Players may use their blue truth to automatically solve the puzzle.
For the sake of fairness, the killer may use a blue truth, but only to be used on puzzles.
Detective may automatically solve one puzzle without using blue truth, but they may still use their blue truth to solve another.
Before the round, the killer will be given the option to have the answers of all the puzzles containing weapons; however, they will not be able to open any non-weapon puzzles. (Any attempt to solve these puzzles will result in an "Incorrect")
Puzzles may not be solved during a blackout.

Game is scheduled to Start on December 21
Players (in order of apperance)
"Silent Night" Rune
"Ain't Gettin' Nuttin' for Christmas" Player
"Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" Raichu
"Baby it's Cold Outside" Raynor
"Deck the Halls With" Reecer6
"Little Drummer" Hat
"Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer" IN COURT
Last edited by Trybien on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:46 am, edited 27 times in total.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Re: Whodunnit: 12 Puzzles of Christmas Edition

Post by Blackrune »

Oh hey.
Gotta join them all.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

rune im coming for you
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Because I haven't learned my lesson from last time, I'll do it.
Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Post by Jim Raynor »

Excellent! I'm in as well. Make this my fifth round so far! : D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Deck the halls with pictures of me because I'M IN
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Just as a few notices:

1. Signups officially close Noontime EST Sunday December 20th

2. The round will take December 24th and 25th to let players spend the Holiday as they wish. (The same will be for New Years and New Years eve depending on if the round continues till then.)

3. Depending on work schedule and how frequently I can make responses during those days, there will more than likely be extensions to the play time either at the end of the current hour or in the morning of the next.

If there are any questions or concerns, please post them. One of my top priorities is to make this schedule as accommodating as possible.
TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

Move aside. I'm in!
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

10 hours per day is pretty long. Not sure if I can always be active for all of that, depending on what kind of pace you expect this to go at.
That's my only concern though.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Blackrune wrote:10 hours per day is pretty long. Not sure if I can always be active for all of that, depending on what kind of pace you expect this to go at.
That's my only concern though.
Well, the three reasons I decided on 10 hours is so it allows a somewhat slower pace, allows a more consistent time schedule so I can eat and shower without adding on too many extra hours, and to try to make it accessible for as many users as possible.
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

... I'll bite. Count me in.
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

It's time for Logic!Sponge to take the stage again! Sign me up!
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Just a heads up to anymore planning on signing up, 8/13 spots are filled. Either once the spots are filled or Sunday noontime hit, sign ups will officially close.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Quick reminder: Signups end tomorow 12 noontime! This is your last chance to join the fray! Murderer and detective will be recieving their messages later tomorow night!
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Actually, nevermind, just realize I probably won't have the time to play after all. Scratch me.