Red Truth Riddles

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Re: Red Truth Riddles

Post by enigma »

Are these men part of a bikie gang?
Are all of these bikes upright? Have any fallen over?
Are the bicycles motorbikes?
Calvinball
Spoken languages: English

Post by Calvinball »

Spoiler : Blue Truth :
I've heard riddles with a similar wordplay bend (a favorite involves the death of someone with a mint in a dish), so I might be considered to have an unreasonable advantage. Of course, that's assuming I got it right.

The "bicycles" are Bicycle brand playing cards. 53 cards means that there's either an extra card that someone snuck in or a missing card that someone took out if they play with Jokers. In other words, someone was cheating.

Disgruntled at being cheated, one card player shoots the other out of anger, killing him.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Upon advisement from the referee, I need to further clarify two previous red truths.

#1: If the number of bicycles was 52, the murder would not have occurred. If the number of bicycles was 54, the murder may or may not have occurred depending on the nature of bicycles #53 & #54. However, if the number of bicycles was 55, the murder would have definitely occurred.

#2: Before shooting the victim's, the fact that 53 is a prime number did not cross the killer's mind. However, 53 being a prime number is not entirely unrelated to the killing.

The original red truths have been updated to reflect this.

Q: Are these men part of a bikie gang?

Neither the killer nor the victim belonged to a biker gang.

Q: Are all of these bikes upright? Have any fallen over?

At the time of the murder, all bicycles were lying down flat.

Q: Are the bicycles motorbikes?

The bicycles cannot be considered motorbikes, motorcycles, or any other two-wheeled, motorized vehicle. This includes electric scooters.
Calvinball wrote:
Spoiler : Blue Truth :
I've heard riddles with a similar wordplay bend (a favorite involves the death of someone with a mint in a dish), so I might be considered to have an unreasonable advantage. Of course, that's assuming I got it right.

The "bicycles" are Bicycle brand playing cards. 53 cards means that there's either an extra card that someone snuck in or a missing card that someone took out if they play with Jokers. In other words, someone was cheating.

Disgruntled at being cheated, one card player shoots the other out of anger, killing him.
Blue truth... EFFECTIVE.

Calvinball, since you have successfully broken the illusion of the Riddle Master, you are now permitted to become the next Riddle Master. You may pose your own riddle to the audience, and all rights and responsibilities of the Riddle Master are now passed over to you. Also, if anyone else still wants to solve the previous riddle by themselves, you are permitted to use the gold truth, since you have proven yourself to understand the riddle's true nature.

However, if you'd rather not become the new Riddle Master, I can pose a new riddle in your place if you prefer. Players can still try to solve the riddle of the 53 bicycles, but all further truths will be repeated in gold instead of red upon the new riddle's unveiling.
Last edited by TheDoctor on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Were all the bicycles lying the same way down at the time of the murder.
Was the "murder" accidental. (Worried that this one may be a little broad, you be the judge.)
Would the murder have occurred if there were 106 or 2809 bicycles in the room.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Were all the bicycles lying the same way down at the time of the murder?

Side X of at least 10 bicycles was facing up. Side X of the other 43 bicycles may or may not have been facing down "Side X" refers to the same side of the bicycle for all bicycles.

Was the "murder" accidental.

The killer shot the victim with intent to kill. It was the killer's shot that proved fatal to the victim.

Would the murder have occurred if there were 106 or 2809 bicycles in the room.

Whether or not a murder would have occurred if the number of bicycles was 106 would depend on the nature of bicycles #105 & #106. 2809 bicycles is far too many bicycles to begin with, so the events that led to the killer shooting the victim would never have taken place.
Image Image Image
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Do these bicycles have two wheels?
Are these bicycles able to be used by humans as a transportation device?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

kwando1313 wrote:Do these bicycles have two wheels?
Are these bicycles able to be used by humans as a transportation device?
The most common design of this form of bicycle has no less than two visible wheels on each bicycle. However, the nature of the wheels and the bicycles themselves makes it impossible for humans to use them as a transportation device normally.
Image Image Image
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Is this place a bicycle factory?

If I looked at this bicycle, would I immediately recognize it as a bicycle under normal definitions?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

TheDoctor wrote: The bicycles in question do not refer to what people might usually think of as "bicycles."
However, if someone was familiar with this form of bicycle, they would recognize it as a bicycle, but not as a bike.

The location is not a bicycle factory.
Image Image Image
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

I need some time to consider the Riddlemaster position. I'm a little swamped right now, so I'll get back to you.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

You know what, I had some questions here, but I'm confident enough.
Even if this means nothing because it's already solved, I'll have a go!
Spoiler : Blueitude :
The bicycles are playing cards. The murder occurred because the victim had a possibly literal ace up their sleeve, and brought in an extra card.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

* How close would someone "familiar with this form of bicycle" have to be to the bicycles to recognise them as such?
* Is the side the bicycles are lying on relevant to the killer's motive?
* Were the bicycles used as part of the murder method?
* Is there any way that someone from outside the room could have seen inside?
* Would the murder have occurred just the same if it were two women (or one woman and one man, you get what i'm getting at) in the room instead of two men?
* Was the murder premeditated?
* Would you like to be swamped with any more questions.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Reecer6 wrote:You know what, I had some questions here, but I'm confident enough.
Even if this means nothing because it's already solved, I'll have a go!
Spoiler : Blueitude :
The bicycles are playing cards. The murder occurred because the victim had a possibly literal ace up their sleeve, and brought in an extra card.
Blue truth... EFFECTIVE.

Since Calvinball has not officially accepted the title of "Riddle Master," since you were the second to understand the true nature of the riddle, you may become the next Riddle Master should Calvinball decline.

----------

* How close would someone "familiar with this form of bicycle" have to be to the bicycles to recognise them as such?

If the aforementioned "Side X" of the bicycles was facing up, it would be very difficult to say with certainty that the objects in question were, in fact, bicycles. However, if Side X was facing down, they could be easily recognized within 10-20 feet depending on the observer's eyesight.

---

* Is the side the bicycles are lying on relevant to the killer's motive?

At the time of the murder, the murder could have occurred because the killer counted 53 bicycles, or because he noticed Side X of two the bicycles were identical. The second is more likely.

---

* Were the bicycles used as part of the murder method?

It has already been stated in red that the killer shot the victim with a gun, and the bullet fired from the gun caused the victim's death. The bicycles were not part of the murder method.

---

* Is there any way that someone from outside the room could have seen inside?

Possibly, but that's irrelevant to the motive.

---

* Would the murder have occurred just the same if it were two women (or one woman and one man, you get what i'm getting at) in the room instead of two men?

The sexes of the killer and victim are irrelevant to the motive.

---

* Was the murder premeditated?

The murder was not premeditated.

---

* Would you like to be swamped with any more questions.

I don't mind, however, since it's unrelated to understanding the riddle, I won't say it in red.
Image Image Image
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Hm.

Do the first 51 bicycle's side Xs all appear to be different from one another?
Could the killer have seen that side X of bicycles #52 and #53 were the same from the opposite side to side X. (If the object even has a side opposite to side X.)
Last edited by Reverie on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

I'll accept the position if calvinball so declines , but I don't exactly have a riddle right now. Probably in an hour or two, though. I will be deeply researching until then.

You know, if he declines.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!