The Butterfly Effect

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Trybien
Spoken languages: English

The Butterfly Effect

Post by Trybien »

Welcome to The Butterfly Effect, a new forum game inspired by Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi.

Here is the game flow:

1. The first poster posts a scenario in which someone dies.

2. The other players are sent back in time 5 minutes where the goal is to prevent the victim from dying. They can either make a post detailing how they prevent a person from dying or make a request for more information about a certain element in the scenario.

3. The user who first posted scenario then responds to the other user's answers and inquiries.

4. When someone makes a satisfactory response in which they save the victim as well as prevent themselves or anyone else from dying, the scenario poster responds letting them know they have won.

5. The winner posts the next scenario.

6. Rinse and Repeat.

Rules:

1. All important elements to the solution MUST be included in the scenario. (This means all people, objects, etc. that either are involved in killing the person as well as all objects that are meant to be used to stop the death.) However, it is not required to specifically state who the victim is, just that you show the person who becomes the victim.

2. If a response is wrong, the scenario poster must explain why the answer was wrong.

3. There may be more than one dead body in the scenario: HOWEVER, only people who have died in the last 5 minutes must be saved.

4. To win the round, you must satisfy the conditions of saving the victim, making sure no one else dies in the process, and that you are alive at the end of the answer.
Spoiler : Here's an Example of Play: :
Billy: You are walking home from school with a carrying a backpack full of textbooks and a few pencils. As you walk, you pass by a drunkard who is waddling on the sidewalk. A few minutes pass and you see a truck speeding down the road and then you here a screech and a crashing sound. Suddenly, you are sent back 5 minutes.

Bob: I wait for the truck to pass to watch the crash as it happens.

Billy: You see the truck crash into the the drunkard who waddled into the street.

Bob: I strike up a conversation with the drunkard to give him some time so the truck can pass so he doesn't get hit hit.

Billy: Fail - Even though the truck passes, the drunkard just gets hit by another car when he is done talking to you.

Bob: I wave down the truck to try to get its attention. If that doesn't work I throw my textbooks at it to get said attention.

Billy: Success! You got the trucker's attention and got him to stop before hitting the drunkard.
With that out of the way, I will throw out the first scenario.

Scenario: You are having a delicious meal at your aunt's house. The other guests (besides you and your aunt) consist of two cousins, your mother, and a step-brother. The feast is comprise of roasted duck, cream of mushroom soup, biscuits, and steamed vegetables. You then get up to go to the bathroom, and just as you go to relieve yourself, you here a gagging sound and some screams. All of a sudden, you are sent back 5 minutes.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Re: The Butterfly Effect

Post by Blackrune »

I stay at the table and eat biscuits. :chew:
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

@Rune: As you chew on your biscuits, you notice your step brother take a bite out of a biscuit. Then he starts to gag and fall over. All the guests scream.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Do I/we know the heimlich maneuver? Or is this an anaphylactic reaction because of a serious allergy the person I/we are know he has?
since 2008!
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

@Ami:Yes you know the heimlich maneuver. You are are a Mary/Gary Sue/Stu after all. Your step-brother also has a known shellfish allergy.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Was there any shellfish in the food? If so, I/we search for an epi-pen on my person or his (or, you know, ask anyone if they have theirs). If found, inject it into him properly.

If not, heimlich.

If none of those work, pretend to be a magician and rip the table cloth from under the meals, ruining lunch entirely.

If THAT doesn't work, then just don't go to the bathroom. Soil myself/ourselves if I have to.
since 2008!