Spooky's House of Whodunnit (Answer and Epilogue)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

TinyHat
Spoken languages: English

Re: Spooky's House of Whodunnit (Ghost Investigation)

Post by TinyHat »

Spoiler : theory :
Rune is the killer. There is no accomplice.
Raynor was knocked out and dragged to the playhouse hallway. The killer used the four digit code on the fourth arcade machine to open the chute door. Raynor was put into the chute and ended up in one of the deer cage.
For the second murder, DSY was knocked out and his sword taken. The needle stabbed his eye, the axe caused the gash on his shoulder,and he was stabbed with the sword. The sword was returned. He was dragged to the ??? restroom. A key was used to lock the door from the inside and was left in the keyhole. The door was closed behind the killer.
DSY was knocked out with a wine bottle. He was placed in the bed in the mental health clinic. He was stabbed and had his leg removed.He was hidden there. while the killer created a blood trail. He was moved to the creepy temple and burned. The bed was destroyed. Rune hid in a crate from the flooded room hidden in the office.
Boo was knocked out and moved to the office. A noose was created. Boo was hung but actually asphyxiated and was stabbed in the stomach.
TinyHat was knocked out and was stabbed. A cleaning rag from 100% BEEF was used to cover the wound.
Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Post by Jim Raynor »

Spoiler : Theory :
Rune is the killer, no accomplice needed.
I got knocked out in the WO, dragged to the Playhouse Hallway and was thrown into the deer through the hidden passage.
Sponge was knocked out, stabbed by Dsy's sword (Dsy was KO), dragged him to the ??? Bathroom, used the needle to make his eye bleed and use the axe to put a gash on Sponge's shoulder.
Dsy was knocked out by the empty wine bottle, had a big X on his body, dragged to the Mental Health Clinic, his leg was dismembered and hidden until the next blackout. The next blackout had him be moved to the Creepy Temple, Rune got some books, puppets and some wine bottles to make some fire to either throw Dsy's dead body in there or before putting all those in the way.
Hess/Boo was knocked out, moved to the Office, Rune put the noose on him by putting it on the ceiling and putting the knife in his stomach while he dies by getting choked with the noose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Sponge: Blue Truth Recieved!

The axe was not the murder weapon. Rune killed you by pushing you into DSY's drawn sword.

TinyHat: This theory is a bit better, but the order of events is still a bit shaky. You added in some details, but are still missing some vital ones. I rate this theory 8/10. Your theory is INCORRECT!

Raynor: Again, there's a pretty basic grasp of the events here, although there are plenty of details missing. Also, you completely neglected TinyHat's murder. I rate this theory 6/10. Your theory is INCORRECT!

Ghosts have failed to come up with a winning theory! It's an absolute victory for the killer!
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

The Ash Raichu wrote:Sponge: Blue Truth Recieved!

The axe was not the murder weapon. Rune killed you by pushing you into DSY's drawn sword.
Spongesonic IN COURT wrote:Was Rune's axe the murder weapon in DSY's murder?
That's a funny way to spell my name...
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

I am the best GM and you know it, Sponge.
WARNING: LONG POST INCOMING.
Well, all great things must come to an end. I'm a little disappointed that not all of the secrets were found, but hey. I suppose there's only so much one can hope for with only six players. Speaking of which, it's a tradition (I don't know if it actually is, but we've done it the two other rounds I was in, so I'm keeping it going) to give out awards and achievements to all of the players that made each round so great. But first, let's give a big hand to...

THE SPECIMENS!

This round certainly wouldn't be the same (or possible, in fact) without them!
Spoiler : From least to most influential to the round :
Specimen 7:
For being a complete oddball that the GM couldn't cram anywhere into the map.

Specimen 9:
Who the GM thought about putting in the map, but decided against it.

Specimen 8:
Who could've showed up under the right conditions, but didn't. Thanks for not hurting the deer!

Specimen 3:
For just kind of hanging out in the Specimen Holding Chamber and doing its own thing.

ImageImage
Both Specimen 10s (not to scale):
They also hung out and did Specimen 10 things. The old one (on the left) kind of died, though... Poor Old Specimen 10.

Specimen 6:
Didn't do much, but played very minor roles in some of the murders.

Specimen 1:
For spooking TinyHat. Yes, that is more important than murders.

Specimen 2:
For being part of the solution to a puzzle... that didn't get solved.

Specimen 5:
For providing an entertaining, if short, fight scene with Rune.

Specimen 13:
For being in possession of one of the eleven reports scattered around the mansion.

Specimen 11:
For reliably being there for all your addictive fast food needs!

Specimen 12:
For acting as part of the map! The Mansion Entrance, Obligatory Library, Winding Corridor, and Wine Cellar? All this guy.

Specimen 4 - AKA Ringu:
I mean, seriously...
Okay, now that's out of the way, we can move on to congratulate the actual players! Sorry, Ringu, believe it or not, you don't count. We're doing this by handing out awards and achievements, so here we go!

AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:

Spoiler : Raynor :
We hardly knew you: Be the first to die.
Metalhead: Recited the lyrics to One by Metallica.
Indie Inspiration: Become one with nature by being a deer. Be on the lookout for Deer Simulator 2016!
Eiffel 65: Use a Blue Truth.
Secret Investigator: Discover the secret chute!
Sucker!: Get duped by the chain of notes.
Spoiler : Sponge :
Smart-Aleck: Never failed to sass the GM when he publicly slips up.
Friend to Ghosts: Befriend Ringu.
Eiffel 65: Use a Blue Truth.
Break down this wall!: Break the fourth wall.
Spoiler : DSY :
Addicted: Eat a burger from 100% BEEF!
Leader: Formed a party with the rest of the group.
Reporter: Be the first to find a Report.
Spoiler : Hessel :
Adventurer: Unlocked many of the originally inaccessible rooms in the mansion.
Fangirl: Have a dream about Daniel Craig.
Break down this wall!: Break the fourth wall.
Doesn't know what she's messing with: Threaten an NPC.
Stop the Red: Be the first to remove a red padlock.
Spoiler : TinyHat :
Dedicated: The most active of everyone.
Friend to Ghosts: Befriend Ringu.
Hard Heart: Destroy the soft things and unveil the secret chute.
Green means go: Be the first to remove a green padlock.
We must go deeper: Unlock the Lower Floor.
Hoarder: Take a lot of things. Like, a lot of things.
So Scary: Encounter an instance of Specimen 1.
Addicted: Eat a burger from 100% BEEF!
Spoiler : Rune :
Hard Mode: Win without accomplice.
Enlightened: Complete the cat's journey.
'Fraidy Cat: Try to exit the mansion.
Deep sleep: Fake your death... TWICE.
Doesn't know what he's messing with: Threaten an NPC.
This is all well and good, but it's finally time to get to the meat of this whole ending shebang. The solution to the mystery! Here are the PMs that I got from the killer, reworked to the final plans. Yes, this includes all of the mistakes I made resolving these things. Because TAR is the most perfectest GM you've ever seen. Let's see how good your guesses were, shall we?

SOLUTION:

Spoiler : Roles :
The killer is Blackrune.
There is no accomplice.
The detective is DSY.
Spoiler : Raynor's murder :
I'm afraid the roulette has chosen Jim Raynor to die.

...Well that's pretty straightforward considering I'm right there in the room with him. I knock him out, using the book I took from the library if needed. (totally legit) I also steal his key.

I then walk through the Dark Hallway, remove the barricade to the Deer Sanctuary (I hope that's possible. Haven't been there yet so stop and correct me if it isn't.), walk all the way through Temple and Library back to the entrance hall.
From there, I enter the school hallway with intentionally loud steps to make it obvious I came from that direction, and knock out sponge too.
Then I carry Jim upstairs to the playhouse hallway and throw him down the secret chute. (I think nobody upstairs is currently in the way?)
Might as well get that one out of the way if you provide it to me. Presumably he gets eaten now.

I then go to room 44 and use my chalk to write
"Jim Raynor's life -E" on the blackboard.

And then... okay I couldn't think of a good one yet. I'll place the key inside the lock, but not all the way in so I can still lock it from the outside.
Oh, I'll also place some tables near the door to make it difficult to just open (with the good old trick of leaning some tables and chairs against the door that then fall and block it a little more as the door is closed). Then I lock the door from the outside and hope they'll break in and think the key was actually properly in the lock on the inside.

I then reconstruct the barricade between the Dark Hallway and the Deer Sanctuary and return to my position.
Spoiler : Sponge's murder :
In the ensuing chaos of the blackout, DSY draws out his sword again and backs off against one of the arcade machines. I run and swing my axe at sponge. This causes him to not only suffer severe injury, but also made him fall right into DSY... causing him to get impaled on the sword. The impact of this is so hard that the back of DSY's head just hits the arcade machine and he's temporarily out.

I then take the needle and book from sponge's inventory. I stab the needle into his eye.
Being done with this, I drag the bloody corpse, sword, needle, and axe still stuck in it, to the ??? Bathroom... which I haven't been to, admittedly, but what's inside isn't really that important for this.
I make a quick dash for the lockers with the school supplies to get a pen and a notebook. I use the pen to write "DO NOT OPEN" repeatedly on all pages in the notebook I stole from sponge. Okay, now I'm assuming the bathroom is also locked with a key, in which case I'll do the following:

I remove the sword from the corpse and stab it into the door. Then I take all of sponge's keys (forgot if he had one or two) and place one of them in the lock, just so that it's about to lock the door if it's turned just a little more. I take the needle and stab it through the book. So now I have a needle in a book. I stab the tip of the sword into the door, just deep enough that it'll stay in there horizontally.
Then I take my needle-book and put the needle part of it through the head of the key that's in the door, and balance the book on the sword. I then head outside and caaaaaarefully close the door. Then I repeatedly pound against the part of the door where the sword is stuck on the other side really hard, which should eventually push the sword out. The sword falls down, causing the book and needle that were balanced on it to fall, turning the key the needle ran through in the lock, resulting in a proper locked door with key on the inside this time. O.o
The needle-book then probably falls on the floor after reaching the angle where it just slides out of the key.

I return the pen to where it was and return to the hallway, kinda pretending I got knocked down in a similar way to DSY.
Spoiler : DSY's murder :
I visit the Creepy Temple West Wing to get that doll I guess, and steal his tunic. (there was one there, right?)

Then I go to the ??? restroom and smack DSY from behind with multiple bottles, breaking some in the process. I also take another pen from the School Hallways. Then, I cut his leg off with his sword. With the bleeding limb, I pour a blood trail from the ??? bathroom all the way into the Creepy Temple, and then just have it stop in the center of the room. I guess I can place the remains of the doll I used there. I'll resort to lots of toilet paper to make sure there won't be any blood dripping from the wound while I move him to the Mental Health Clinic.

I get a knife from 100% beef and drag his body to the Mental Health Clinic. I use the knife to cut a hole into the bed from whatever side is the least visible and stuff the body inside. I cut up the doll's tunic until I get a solid thread out of it. I'll use the pen to make some holes in the bed and just put the thread through it with my hands. Like a very bad improvised needle to sort of fix up the hole in the bed again.

After that I return the knife and pen to where they were.
Spoiler : Rune's "murder" :
I knock out Tinyhat.

I take a knife from 100% beef once again. I also take the papers from the office and head to the Mental Health Clinic. There, I completely destroy the bed.

I carry both parts of DSY's corpse all the way to the creepy temple. Then I get all the puppets except Boo's and Hat's. I take the clothes from my puppet and rush to the restroom to make them wet. Then I put them on DSY's body, and also switch my entire inventory with his. I pile the puppets up on top of DSY, and also add the papers from the office. Then I go to the library, take some books, and also throw them on the pile. Then I use one of the torches to set the whole thing ablaze.

Presumably that burns him up badly enough it's impossible to tell who it is, but the clothes might still be somewhat recognizable cause they were wet.

Oh yeah, I stole the sheet from the pillow of the bed. I'll cut two holes in it and wear it over my head just in case somebody finds me. I then go hide in the forest in deer sanctuary forever, presuming the trees there are actually large enough for me to do so. If they're not, plan B is to hide under the demon's desk in the office.
So yeah nobody actually dies in this one.

And I'm totally setting up this whole fire while Hess is in the same room.
Spoiler : Hessel's murder :
I come out of my hiding spot and get to work. I knock out Tinyhat and drag her to the deer sanctuary.

The first step of business is to visit the storage chamber. I stock up on a few things there, namely a box, a hot glue gun, and a rope.

Then I go to the school lockers and get myself a pen and notebook. I also take some parts of what used to block off the deer sanctuary (presumably wooden boards and nails)

I also get a knife. Again. I'll also retrieve my axe if possible. If not possible, I'll just get a second knife.

Now we're ready for action.

I ambush Hess and strangle him from behind with the rope. But for now, I'll leave him there and head to the deer sanctuary again
I stick a note on a tree right in front of Tinyhat that reads:
"Question 1: How did Jim Raynor lose his life inside this cage? Please head to room 44."

In room 44 I add the following to the blackboard:
"Question 2: How was the door to this room blocked by chairs?
Write down your answers, then head to the ??? restroom."

In the ??? restroom, I leave the following note on sponge's body:
"Take a look at the door to this room."

I stick the following note to the inside of the door, using a little glue if needed:
"As you can see, there is a key on the inside. This is why you were unable unlock the door.
Question 3: How did Sponge die inside this locked restroom?
Head to the Temple."

I leave the following note near the mess in the temple:
"Question 4 and 5: How did Rune die? Where did DSY's body go? What about the blood trail? Head to the Mental Health Clinic."

In the Mental Health Clinic, I leave the following note near the bed:
"Take note of the destroyed bed, then head to the Winding Corridor."

In the Winding Corridor, I leave a note on the table:
"Please take a deep breath, then open the wardrobe."

In the wardrobe, I leave another note:
"Just kidding. There is nothing here. You actually followed these? Please return to the office."

Okay now we get to the important part. I drag Hess's body to the office. I make the rope I strangled her with into a noose and use one of the nails from the barricade or glue to get it to hang from the ceiling. Then I put the body in the noose. I mostly want this in a position where it LOOKS like he could have jumped off the table in order to hang himself.

I then use the remaining parts of the barricade on the door, boarding it up from the inside.

I write a final note that reads:
"Last question: Who am I?"
I hold this note in front of the dead Hess' stomach and stab the knife through it into the body.

Finally, I hide under the box and move under the desk. Presumably, that makes it impossible to lift the box up because the desk is above it. But I'll go further. I use the hot glue gun to glue the box to the floor from the inside, and if anybody still finds a way to feasibly try to force it out, I'll hold against it.

(if by boxes you meant cardboard boxes, I'll just to the flooded room and get one of the wooden ones from there. I obviously want something more reliable than cardboard, at least a wooden crate.)

Oh yeah I keep wearing my perfect pillowcase mask.
Spoiler : TinyHat's murder :
I knock out Tinyhat. I then take my remaining knife and break off the blade from the handle, using the axe or something if really needed. I stab the broken-off blade all the way into Tinyhat's back, making sure to keep the clothes perfectly intact.
I put one of the cleaning rags right on the wound to make sure the blood doesn't leak out. (Seeing how I leave the blade stuck in the wound, there shouldn't be that much blood leaking out anyway.) I put the clothes back over it to conceal it and lie her down at the mansion entrance, face-up.

Ideally her cause of death is not apparent at all this way.

Then I go to the wine cellar and write a final note:

"Did I do everything in my power to end this cycle? I do not know. I only know that I failed. Sincerely - blackrunE"

I place this on the ground and lie down next to it. Then I pour lots of wine over my chest and the floor near me to make it look like a bloodstain. I put the bottle back where it was and stab the handle-part of the broken-off knife through the part of my clothes I just poured blood on. I glue it to that with my glue gun to make it stand upright and actually seem like I got stabbed. Not like ghosts can really pull it out to see.

I don't know if ghosts can smell and realize it's not real blood, but the fact it's in the wine cellar should cover that up. I guess the location might make it obvious anyway. :v

Without moving needlessly I arrange the remaining items in my inventory next to my body for everyone to inspect, then pretend I'm dead forever.
Spoiler : Rune's actual murder :
Spooky just kinda showed up and machete'd him of her own volition. Nothing too complex there. You didn't need to get this one in your theory, but still. It probably would've bugged me if I didn't include it.
Now that that's out of the way, I believe there's one last thing to do. We need to tie up a few loose ends, and quite possibly make some more, who knows. Either way, this story isn't quite complete yet.

EPILOGUE:

A disturbing silence hung all around the mansion. No signs of life were left, other than the various monsters shambling or floating around. Suddenly, a familiar voice is heard echoing through the barren hallways and dirtied rooms. It's the cute ghost girl that got all of you into this mess.

"Attention, newly dead ones! Spooky here! I need you all to meet up at the entrance for a little pow-wow!"

And so you all meet up with her in the Mansion Entrance, including Ringu, who refuses to make eye contact with anyone. Somehow, though... something seems different. It's the ??? door. It no longer has the tiles needed to open it. Did Ringu solve the door's puzzle? Or is there other trickery at play here? Spooky decides to speak first.

"Alright, everyone. I'm sure you're all wondering why I had you show up here in the first place." She makes a somewhat discreet gesture towards Sponge. "Well, the answer lies just beyond this door here, through the express tunnel! Four, open the door."

"Er- that's not really-"

"Four. Open. The door." Ringu lets out a resigned sigh as she slowly opens the door. You see a long, dark corridor in front of you, with the words "EXPRESS TUNNEL" written in white block text every so often along the walls. As the six of you travel, you hear Spooky's voice ring out.

"You all died. Pretty tragically, too. But this isn't the end! We're just getting started! So buckle up, soldiers! I think we finally have enough troops to invade!"

As you reach the end of the tunnel, you're met with a gigantic room, filled with souls lost inside the mansion. Other ghosts who fell to the rogue Specimens, or possibly shared the same fate as you all did. Either way, there are a LOT of ghosts here. A huge monitor lowers itself from the ceiling. Spooky's face soon projects itself onto the monitor.

"The time has come, my loyal troops! No longer shall we be called 'cute,' or 'adorable!' No longer will we be disregarded and ignored! Soon, we shall become the most feared army in the world..."

HEY, DID YOU REALLY THINK IT WAS GOING TO END SERIOUSLY?

All things said, I actually really liked this round. Maybe it was the nine months of planning and waiting for it to come into fruition. Either way, comments would be much appreciated. Thank you all for such a great round! Good night!
Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Re: Spooky's House of Whodunnit (Answer and Epilogue)

Post by Jim Raynor »

Lol, TAR. Amazing round even though there was mistakes in it. I'm glad I was able to sing the One from Metallica and of course, temporarily possessing a deer. : D

Anyways, is anyone planning to host another round?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein