Spooky's House of Whodunnit (Answer and Epilogue)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

The Ash Raichu
Spoken languages: English

Spooky's House of Whodunnit (Answer and Epilogue)

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Spooky’s house of Whodunnit
This round will be played from 6:30 PM to 10:30 PM MST.
This round will not be played Thursdays and Fridays.

“I am Spooky… and this… is my home…” *scare chord*
Spoiler : Maps :
Notes:
Red padlocks indicate doors that are locked. These may or may not need a puzzle solution to open.
Note: No knowledge of the game Spooky's House of Jumpscares is required to play this round.

Can you, humble players, survive for twelve hours in my mansion, with a murderer run rampant? Can you find who the killer is? Or is there even a killer? 'Cause… I don’t really know… Anyways… just… just go. *scare chord*

Backstory:

For as long as you can remember, legends have been told of the derelict mansion atop the hill that casts a blanket of shadow over the town. The history of the house is virtually unknown, and even the town’s oldest residents cannot remember the mansion’s origins. Although no one seen going in ever comes back out, it seems the mansion’s owner has invited several guests... including you... over for a “game” of sorts...

Returning Rules

The GM has all the normal GM rights. If something goes wrong, the GM can fix it. For instance, if it turns out that there are way too many rooms, the GM can magically close some of them off.
This mystery cannot be solved without clues that are not presented! In other words, while you are playing as you, you still can't use clues another person found until he/she tells you about it.
The killer must've at least seen tools they use to pull off their kills. If the killer has seen them and taken them with them secretly, then they can just use them at the time of the killing. If they have seen it but not taken it, the killer needs to incorporate how they were able to get the weapon in their description of the crime.
At the start of each round, I will select a player I will call the 'detective'. That person has the right to use three secret actions. (In other words, do something that the other players and the killer is unaware of.)
The killer has the right to select an accomplice. This accomplice does not have to be revealed in the revealing of the solution. This accomplice cannot kill.
This accomplice is allowed to stay alive at the end (in other words, the killer doesn't have to kill him).
The killer has 12 hours to kill everyone.
Time won't move in real-time, obviously. (In other words, I'll decide when I believe time should move forward.)
From the start, the killer has the right for ONE blackout per hour.
When the clock reaches the 12th hour and the killer failed to kill everyone, the killer has lost. However! During this time, other members will be forced to make their choice of the killer and explain the mystery. Should their answer be incorrect, nobody wins.
During one blackout, the killer can only kill ONE person.
The killer is allowed ONCE per game to kill TWO people in one blackout.
The killer's actions MUST be possible within their physical limitations (you can't just get out of a locked room like a magician...)
Label your actions with green, please. It would make things much easier:

Code: Select all

[color=#008000][b][/b][/color]
All of the entrants, please keep your online status hidden while playing.
The culprit cannot pickpocket during the blackout.
The killer can't god-mod. In other words, you can't magically knock 5 people out in one room. Nope. Sorry, pal, doesn't work that way. No sir.
Secret actions such as pickpocketing will be informed to the person on the receiving end (in other words, they WILL notice). This can also apply to certain situations in that sense (a secret action that I, for example, find extremely obvious or something similar).
There cannot exist more than 1 secret passage. These things have pretty much screwed you over in the past, and really gave a killer WAY, WAY more advantage than it should've (I'm looking at you, Round 2!)
If a body has yet to be found within an in game hour of its death, a hint of its existence will be given. (This only means existence, not location).
All text while inside a secret passage must be in spoiler tags.
All players get one blue truth per round. A blue truth consists of a theory or hypothesis about the crime. I, the game master, will reply with a red truth either confirming or denying. The red truth will explain why the blue truth is incorrect, if need be.

Killer is strongly encouraged to choose inactive players as victims (Making no attempt to participate by either saying so out loud or by missing two in-game hours).

Ghost Investigation Rules:
-Ghost Investigation may be called at anytime after more than 50% of players are dead under GM discretion.
-Players can only become ghosts if they are dead and their body has been found.
-Ghosts have free reign over map to investigate.
-Ghosts can walk through walls.
-Ghosts CANNOT interact with physical objects (That means pulse cannot be checked and items cannot be picked up or moved.)
-Ghosts can only interact and talk with other ghosts.
-Ghosts can come up with theories, but they do not count towards victory.
-Ghosts can lead players to evidence and theories through apparitions.
-Apparitions take the place of blue truth, and can only be used once as long as blue truth has not been used.
-Only ghosts can see ghosts unless ghosts use apparitions.
-Ghosts cannot perform secret actions.
-Ghosts appear where their body is found, not where they died.
-Accomplice may become a ghost to help throw the investigation off in the event they died.
-After last victim is killed, ghosts can present theories for an unofficial victory (that means they can examine the body/ies of the last victim/s.
-Game will end 24 hours after last murder when ghost investigation is put in place.
-Ghost actions should be in purple.
-Ghost responses will be in italics.

With that said, only join the game if you can guarantee being active during specified hours.

Also, there’s something concerning this round in particular. There are a multitude of NPCs scattered all throughout the manor to interact with. The killer may not kill these NPCs.

Sign-ups are scheduled to end March 16th.
Game is scheduled to start March 19th.

Players:

Jim Raynor - A sDEecAuriDty guard with oversized hands
Blackrune - The floating head of an infant
TinyHat - A bug-eyed cow dangling from the ceiling
DSY - Your aDEveAraDge, orDdEinAaDry, evDeryEAdaDy lizardman
Hesseldahl - A poDsEsesAseDd bodybag
Spongesonic - Nothing more than a bDroEnzADe statue.
Last edited by The Ash Raichu on Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:24 am, edited 43 times in total.
Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Re: Spooky's House of Whodunnit (Sign-ups)

Post by Jim Raynor »

I'm in. Ready to make references and jokes. : D

.ready is body mY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Added to the OP.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Added.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

As my current schedule stands, the round runs a little to late for me to be an active participant. However, I wish you guys an awesome round and I absolutely will be following it :)
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Come on, Try, I was depending on you.

Looking at things, I might be able to push everything an hour back. Is this suitable?
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

The Ash Raichu wrote:Come on, Try, I was depending on you.

Looking at things, I might be able to push everything an hour back. Is this suitable?
Just to better explain my schedule, my latest available time to play is 10 p.m. est (8 pm mt) giving me an hour and a half which doesn't account for work days where I get home after 9 pm and school days where I can get home anywhere between 8 P.M. est an 9:30 P.m est. In which afterwards I tend to prepare for bed. On a good day, I'd have about an hour to an hour and a half max assuming I get home from work and/or school early.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Aww, sad face. Well, then, good luck.
TinyHat

Post by TinyHat »

I'm in.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

You're added.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Put me down for a maybe. I've never done this before so take that for what it's worth.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

You've been added to the OP. You've now signed your soul away to me, mortal.
DSY

Post by DSY »

So I get to be in a Whodunnit RP and you get my soul? Clearly you've been ripped off. I'd ask for a refund if I were you.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

I'll enter.