[RP] Alone in the Universe

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Re: [RP] Alone in the Universe

Post by Alnar »

The Torghan had forgotten that he was on a flat expanse of frozen water. He rubbed his face in contemplation, looking about as annoyed as he could be with the situation he was in right now. How was a dwarf with a fatal reaction to cold, sustained by the flames on his arms, supposed to get a big ass hunk of droid off a floating block of ice in the middle of freezing waters?

Wait, of course. How could he almost be as stupid as this droid?

"Have you tried paddling?" he said nonchalantly.
DSY
Spoken languages: English

Post by DSY »

Black Forest

The dense over brush of the black forest, lie resting in forced silence until a moment ago, when a new prisoner was cast into the stinky abyss.

Stuck in the treetops, another cell door breaks open, walls falling to greet their new resting place in the tar bellow.

The cell however, seems to have no occupant; but instead, a table?

Resting on one of the corners of the table is a Red Top hat, and in the middle is the same starter kit all other prisoners have, the owner of such items seemingly absent from the cell.

As it appears this cell was thrown in by accident, the story should logically move on to somewhe--

*Thunk*

....The table is gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------

<Lord Table's Perspective>

"What a simply dreadful place. All that money it took to make this giant cage and they can't even bother to keep it clean!"

The angry ranting of a seemingly British old man can be heard from from a seemingly unknown source. Inside the monstrous prison is what most would consider quiet and unusual sight.

In the dense bushlands, a table of all things seems to float around, with an angry voice criticizing the workings of the prison around it's proximity.

"Dreadful simply dreadful."

It was at this point that the magical floating table, suddenly paused mid flight and changed directions, now headed for a human girl standing around some trees. Was he looking around and happened to see her? Where are his eyes anyway? Which side of him is his front? The side with the hat probably. And it was with Hat side first that he approached the woman and inquired to her.

"Hello mam, what are you doing here?"

Without realizing he was transmitting the message to another individual above him at the same time.
Spoiler : OOC Lord Tables Telepathy :
For Lord Table's telepathy, I sorta imagined that it would feel/sound like someone was talking to you, but there would be no actual voice. And you would 'hear' his 'voice' like, in your ears, as if there was an actual voice, but there isn't. At least that's how I envisioned it would work so, take that for what it's worth.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

"i have been standing here for approximately 17 of this planet's hours," Perry replied nonchalantly, wiggling his large robotic fingers, which had already begun to freeze over. "And sadly my hands lack the hydrodymanics necessary. also if i move too much i will likely sink to the bottom of the sea, at which rate i will be unable to pull myself out of the surface in time to escape the planet's upcoming destruction."

"wait did you say that last part out loud"

"no i dont think i did. you would have caught me."

"oh ok."
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Molten Peaks:

"Grull no know." The orange behemoth spoke flatly as Zeluix oozed his way across the rocks growing out of his back and onto his shoulders. Grull took a good look at his surroundings. Lava pools and charred landscape as far as Grull's tiny eyes could see. Well, there was only one thing Grull knew to do in this sort of situation: the Minecraft method of exploration. Keep walking forward until the scenery changes.

And so Grull started pressing forward, seemingly unconcerned with anything Zeluix had to say.

...He left his supply kit behind...
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Ruined Ruins

"HELLOOOOOOOOOO~! IS ANYONE OUT THERE?! HELLOOOOO OUT THEEEEEERE~!"

It appeared someone else had ended up in the same hellscape as he had. Perhaps it would be best to investigate. He trudged up the hill of sand and looked off into the distance to where the sound appeared to be coming from. "Subject is human, or at least humanoid. Doesn't appear to be armed, but must remain cautious nonetheless. Last time I didn't, that blasted idiot with the taser put me out of commission for a week. I wonder if he's here too, then I can deal with him properly. But I digress, I got more important fish to fry right now." Tweed slid down the hill, approaching the humanoid figure.

"Howdy there! Hello!" he waved his hat and sported a smile. "Good to see another face around these here parts!" he said as he drew closer. The figure appeared to be human after all, didn't seem like a particularly hardened criminal or anything. What could he possibly be in for? "The name's Tweed, m'boy! Depending on where or where you're not from, you may or may not have heard of me, but I'm kind of a big deal! First robot mayor! Don't mean to brag, but I was pretty damned good at it. Now then, who the heck are you?"
The Final but not so ending chapter.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Molten Peaks

"Wait, this isn't right! You left behind your supplies! At least let me have them!" Zeluix said, the last part somewhat greedily. It wasn't like he WANTED to deprive Grull of anything he needed, but if there was any chance he could eat all of Grull's rations and not feel guilty about it, he'd totally take it. However, it didn't seem like Grull was interested in anything that he was saying. So that was a thing that Zeluix had to deal with.

He then realized something else. Something very important.

"Huh? ... Are you just going to keep moving forever, or are we eventually stopping? This is scary! What if we're heading for MORE LAVA!?"
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

This droid just won the award for most incapable robot servant. If and when the dwarf managed to get the hunk of metal on dry, not frozen and deadly to Torghan land, he was going to have to do some modifications to the droid. At this rate, it looked like the Torghan would really have to come up with some ingenious way to get the robot off the block of ice without killing himself in the process.

Wait a minute, what did the robot say? Planet's destruction?

"Hold on, back up a moment there, scrap. What do you mean planet's destruction? Is this planet going to explode? And how in the frozen hell do you know this? I wasn't informed about this place blowing up!"
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Subs, you have failed me again.

"It would appear that you were not informed," Perry said, speaking more hastily as he felt the ice began to shift underneath him. "Though I imagine your jailers did not see much reason to inform you, as imprisonment on this planet is tantamount to a death sentence. But yes, according to my analysis and various machine powers, I can say with 94% certainty that this entire planet will die within a matter of days. We have very little time to find escape."

And speaking of having little time...

"My sensors also indicate," Perry continued, his robotic eyes glancing down at the ice floe he stood on, "That me being stuck is detrimental to both our situations. I recommend we work together to prolong our continued existence until our natural termination, as opposed to the premature and involuntary end we otherwise face."
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Black Forest

Eleanor heard the girl below claim her crime, fraud. She couldn't help but sneer at that. Here she was, imprisoned for something as heinous as assassination, and yet she was caged in the same place as petty thieves. This was the kind of place for people like Eleanor, not for girls like this. She sounded young, couldn't be older than Eleanor herself. Even if what she did was wrong, she was probably scared. This was a lot of punishment for a little crime, after all.

Eleanor grabbed onto the tree branch she was standing on and slowly began to lower herself. Her camouflage began to drop, and she could briefly be seen by Nicole. She looked about ready to jump down...but something caught her attention. A voice than rang through their heads suddenly asked a question, a voice different from either of theirs. Eleanor's eyes shot wide open with shock, and her dark camo returned as she shot back up into the branches. Rustling could be heard above as she readjusted her position. She called back down.

"Who goes there?!" she shouted to the mysterious new voice. She scanned around Nicole for anybody else there, but didn't see anything but trees, tar, and...a table? She grew more paranoid, and she prepared her sharp nails for an improvised weapon. "Show yourself, now!"

----

Ruined Ruins

Tatsuto saw the robot man approaching. As the robot spoke, Tatsuto looked up to him in awe. He smiled as Tweed finished his introduction. "Hello there! Me? Hmmm..." He glanced away for a moment, seemingly thinking of his word choice. "Ah, I'm Tatsuto Ayaba. I'm just a nobody! Haha! Nice to meet you!" He bowed politely, then observed the robot man. "I don't think I've ever heard of you. Though you remind me of my best friend back at school! She's a robot, you know. I have to help repair her a lot! But enough about her for now, haha."

Tatsuto crossed his arms sternly and gave a warm smile. "Do you know how to get out of this desert, by the way? I've figured this place's layout pretty quickly, but I think I got lost. I'm such a klutz!"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DSY

Post by DSY »

Black Forest

"Show myself? I'm not hiding!"

Mm. Someone hiding in the forest here, could be trouble. Could not. Hoping for the not.

"If your friendly the come out here so we can talk. And if your not friendly, come out here anyway!"
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Black Forest

Nicole... Well, she couldn't help but be confused by the new voice that she heard.

After all... Well, there were only the two of them there, right? I mean, she wasn't super adept at finding people, but still, she couldn't possibly be that bad, right?

She gazed around. Icky black goop. Icky dark trees. A table.

Wait... What? A table? What on earth was that doing there?

That... That couldn't possibly be the source of that voice... Could it...?

"E-Err... A-Are you somehow... Hiding in the table, or something...?"

Oh gosh, if she was wrong, she was going to look like a total idiot...

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Ruined Ruins of Ruin

"Good to meet ya, then, boy!" he seemed like a reliable enough chap, though perhaps not too bright. Keeping him around for now seemed like a good idea, though he would still remain cautious. Even if he didn't look particularly dangerous, he had to be imprisoned for something. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to ask just yet, but he would remember the question for later. "I haven't looked around too much, but I don't really think there is much to look around at, if you get my meaning, and what there is looks pretty much all the same! That said, I do have this here map!" he said, reaching into his pocket and taking it out. "Can't say I know where exactly we are right now, but it's probably worth a shot anyway."
The Final but not so ending chapter.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Black Forest

"Hiding in the table? Madam, you have quite the active imagination."

I mean, how could anyone hide 'in' a table? You'd have to be pretty small... or a termite. *shiver*, termites.

"No no no dear mam, I am the table."

"Hiding inside a table, pah, what a silly idea."
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Ruined Ruins

Tatsuto glances at the map for a moment in shock, then burst out laughing. "Oh man! I didn't realize we had maps! Hahaha! Guess I really am a klutz!"

He went back to glancing over TWEED's arm to look at the layout. "Hm...We probably want to go somewhere we think we might find more people, don't we? Getting a big group to help survive this place seems like it'd be a good idea. And maybe..." He clenched his fist. "...We may be able to get home..."

He was silent for a moment...the bounced back to cheery, putting his fists on his hips and looking up to his robot pal with a smile. "So where do you think we might other people, hm? I'd decide myself, but I have terrible luck, so I'd probably just land us in a predicament!" He laughed as he awaited TWEED's answer.

----

Black Forest

Eleanor looked down at the two beneath her with a newfound sense of unease. She was already paranoid about this punishment, but this was...something else. A mostly average young woman...and a sentient table? Something seemed very off about this. It didn't mesh well with how she understood things.

...Although...

All sorts of clients visited Eleanor's old master for criminal requests. Some were humanoid. Some less so. Some were creatures so bizarre that she couldn't put descriptions into words. He dealt with work from any corner of the galaxy, after all. So...could inanimate objects be...animate in some of those corners? This prison didn't seem to discriminate what kind of lifeforms it took in, so perhaps this was some strange alien life even she had never encountered. And something about his voice seemed to bother her. It didn't seem...physical. She couldn't really track it to a source by ear, despite her being rather sure of where it came from. It just felt off, somehow.

"....You," she shouted down from the trees, "the table. Assuming you're telling the truth. Where do you come from? And perhaps more importantly...do you have any supernatural abilities?"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DSY

Post by DSY »

Black Forest

"Can't say I do have any 'supernatural' abilities, miss. I mean, don't ALL tables walk and talk!?"

*snicker* That one always gets 'em.

"No, but seriously, it's not hard to guess that neither of you two have ever met a talking table before."

"I'm all for being friendly, but I wouldn't want to tell you more than necessary if you aren't planning on getting out here. I'd like to trust you but I have hard time doing that when I can't even seeya."

"Unless you're a tree."