[RP] Across the Stitches (Randomizer RP)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: [RP] Across the Stitches (Randomizer RP)

Post by GuardianDreamer »

With their target assigned, Monty knew that the logical first step was to try to hunt him down and challenge him to a dance-off. Or anything else, really, as long as it didn't involve anyone dying. Really, what was the point of killing your opponent anyway? Wasn't it a lot more satisfying to shake hands afterwards and encourage each other to train harder? Of course, he had to keep in mind that he was surrounded by people from many different dimensions. Perhaps some of them saw killing as a way of bonding somehow. Maybe... Just maybe... And he hated to even consider the possibility... MAYBE in some of these dimensions, dancing and style didn't exist somehow! The thought made him shudder with fear.

Alright! For some reason he still couldn't tell what everyone else's Style Level was, but that was fine! He'd just run in some random direction, and that would lead to stuff happening. It wasn't like just standing around was his style anyway (no pun intended). So Monty closed his eyes and spun around in circles for a bit, then suddenly stopped. The direction that he stopped in was the direction that he would run in, because that was clearly the most fun way of doing this.

"Awesome, looks like we're heading over there! Here we go!" Monty said, a bright smile on his face. And so, he rushed to Stargate Square.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Virasqual muttered a series of words under her breath. "Magic. Prince. Right. Probably there." She promptly turned and fled off to Empire City.

Meanwhile, Ikiba stayed put. While she also wanted to get done with this game quickly enough, she figured going after a very specific person out of this entire city would be near impossible alone, especially given such a vague clue. And hey, didn't the witch mention more than one person could get a point from defeating a target?

She coughed loudly in order to attract the attention of anyone immediately around her before orating, "Would anyone be interested in forming a pact within the bounds of this game? It seems working in unity could only help our individual situations."

And it would be more fun too, she briefly thought.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

Empire City - Floodgates Hotel:

It seemed to be perpetually night in Empire City, where the city's lights filled the air and made the starlight shrink away in shame. Spotlights waved through the air and the sound of speeding cars and scattered voices filled the night, as humans and other such creatures made their way from building to building, passing by buildings stolen from time, no two alike. There was little order to the array of buildings and streets that had been stitched together-- One might walk down an alley in Venice, then turn a corner to find themselves in Chicago, only to step into the Dil Pickle Club and find the ghost of Upton Sinclair arguing about capitalism with a twelve-headed horse.

From her window in the penthouse, all the way up on the top floor, Stephanie Moria could see it all-- The mismatched, cobbled-together city of kings and elites that she now called her home. Luckily, she found a place where her currency took, though she wondered how anyone spent money with this many worlds all shoved together. But no matter what time, place, or dimension, the great Stephanie Moria would not be living in anything lower than the highest quality of living.

It was irksome, she thought, to think that there was so much not under the control of her Great Masters. That so many worlds, so many dimensions, lived free from their order, their dominion, their holy doctrine. It was bad enough that her own world had worthless rebels to be cleansed-- But soon, very soon, that would all change. With her "wish", she would make sure that ALL worlds knew the wonderful horror of the Great Masters.

And it would have to be rather soon, yes-- Little Angela had her soccer tournament coming up, and she'd rather not have to miss that again. She needed to be there for her step-daughter to see her accomplishments, support her when she failed, and poison the other team's water cooler. It was hard work being a mother.

A knock at the door interrupted her thoughts. "Room service!" Came the call.

Stephanie opened the door and in walked in a young man, pushing a cart filled to the brim with succulent meats and dishes. A full, three-course gourmet meal delivered right to her room. The young waiter gave a bow and removed the covers with a flourish, giving a friendly smile to the lovely lady.

"Bon appetit, miss." He said, pausing expectantly, trying to wait tactfully for his tip.

"Mm, very nice," Moria said, examining the plates. "This is everything I ordered, yes?"

"Yes indeed, ma'am," The boy said, nodding, "Prime rib, fillet of tilapia, (an excellent choice might I add), lobster bisque, and escargot. All as you requested."

"Excellent," Moria smiled, reaching into her pocket. "Then there is only one thing left."

The boy's eyes shimmered expectantly, as he stood, trying to hide his anticipation for the tip. Moria's hand emerged with the beautiful rustling of cash, and the boy's eyes widened as he saw the triple-digits on the corner of the paper; No, surely, she couldn't be tipping THAT much? Could she?

"For a job well done," Moria said, handing over a crisp hundred dollar bill. The boy blinked with hesitation, before deciding to simply take the money while he still could. His hand met hers, and the cash was in his hand-- But as he took it, he felt something sharp run across his finger.

"Ah!" He cried, wincing a bit, but taking the money nonetheless, "Y-your ring got me a bit there, it seems."

Moria glanced at her hand gently, examining the beautifully-cut diamond. "Oh, my apologies."

"Y-yes," The boy said, tucking away the money and rubbing his wound, swallowing as suddenly, it was getting difficult to breathe. "Luckily, it's just a small cut. Anyways, please enjoy your meal."

Moria nodded, picking up her fork and knife, glancing down at the steak-- But she did not touch it.

"...I apologize," Moria repeated, glancing at the sweating, gasping young man, his knees beginning to shake. "Normally, I would have killed you much faster."

With that, she approached the young man, his eyes growing faint as his mouth tried in vain to scream for help, and reached into his pocket, procuring the hundred dollar bill. With a smile, she slipped it back into her wallet, as the boy's lungs breathed their last. He tumbled to the ground, motionless, a fine white froth spilling from his mouth.

"Ten seconds," Moria muttered, glancing at her watch impatiently. "Far too long. I'll need a more potent solution. But in the meantime..."

The Stepmother snapped open her makeup kit and pulled out her compact. With her other hand she picked up her steak knife and drew blood from the poor boy's neck. Spreading the blood onto the compact like jam to toast, the Stepmother brushed the concoction onto her face, and within moments, the woman staring back at her in the mirror was now a spry young man, in good shape and fair stature. Wrinkled skin faded into smooth, youthful skin, and a dark tan had overtaken her pale, indoor complexion.

"And here I was, worried that I'd lost my touch," Moria murmured to herself as she changed wardrobe to complete her disguise, donning a stylish jacket and reading glasses. "I guess some things never change."

With that, Stephanie Moria embarked from the hotel, leaving nothing behind but a "Do Not Disturb" hanging off the doorknob.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : @DLA and DSY :
@DLA: Accepted, enjoy the rift.

@DSY: I'd like some clarification on something, mostly regarding Yu-Yu. Yu-Yu's abilities work very strangely so I just want to kind of figure that out. What I gather is that Yu-Yu can cause pain but not physical damage, Yu-Yu can't hurt people Uni doesn't want it to hurt, and the biggest question mark, being impervious to most types of attacks. Basically, I need some clarification on this point; do attacks not hurt the bird or do they not hit it entirely? Does it reel back or is it unfazed? Is it blockable? Even if it only can cause the sensation of pain, it can still be unfair to fight if there's no way to counter it. So basically, I need clarification on A) what doesn't effect Yu-Yu, and B) what can be done to counter Yu-Yu. The rest seems fairly solid, but I just want that cleared up before I accept it.
Limbo Plateau

Esmeralda crouched down by Ahmy as she tried to take a nap. "Ooooh, I like this one!" she said about the girl. "So sassy! That kind of no-care-given attitude...it's so unexpected that I almost expected it!" She started poking Ahmy on the cheek curiously. Some of the crowd around her reacted with unease, some seemed indifferent, some left quickly to find the Target. She simply grinned and messed with the sleeping girl.

The Witch's attention was stolen, however, by a man approaching her. She stood as he gave a bow, and she let out a chuckle. She cleared her throat and took an overdramatic bow of her own in response. In a jokingly posh voice, she responded, "Ah, Sir Kendo Okami, alas! What, perchance, doth that wish to know of me?" She straightened up and gigged to herself as she looked towards the swordsman expectantly.

----

Klub Kounty

The district is full of contrast. The buildings and the streets are dark shades of gray, purple, and blue, but the lights are all dazzling shades of neon, causing the entire area to practically glow. There's a constant beat pounding through the air, and from every corner, you could hear different songs in different tunes. There was an opera house on one corner, a rave on another, and independent street performers lining the street. Just about every kind of music was represented here, with screens atop buildings showing off idols, rock bands, orchestras, and more. Cafes and rest-stops were strewn about as well, many with in-house entertainment of their own. The entire city seemed to be alive with the sound of music; the people who took up residence here seem to have been largely satisfied with their containment in Riftopia, despite being plucked from their own dimensions.

----

Stargate Square

Cold steel seems just about everywhere here. The entire district seems practically to be made out of metal. Hovercars fly about, buildings are equipped with top-notch security, robots, scientists and soldiers wander the streets next to sleekly-dressed citizens. There's a certain aura of stress in the air. The military seems to have a significant presence here, based on all the guards wandering the streets with high-tech uniforms and weaponry. There seemed to be a general air of...distrust.

Among the citizens walking about was one man, seemingly a middle-aged scientist, who looked particularly frustrated about something. He kept one eye closed, but his open eye darted towards Monty as he entered the district. He seemed to be keeping an eye on the gate in general. He watched Monty for a moment, then looked away again as he muttered something under his breath.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Kendo sensed the mockery in her voice, but did not bother to respond to it. Instead, he just lifted his head and asked his question, "In the rules, you stated that you would grant a wish 'to the best of your ability,' but did not clarify the extent of your ability. For instance, can you-" he paused as he strained to find the words he was looking for. "Can you… return someone to their previous life… without undoing the catalyst that took it away?" That sounded about right. Although it could've been a little too vague. This entire situation was so unusual and unprecedented to him that anything relating to it was difficult to describe.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Limbo Plateau

Ahmy's eyes shot open and her mouth instinctively frowned.

"Hey! Who's poking me!?"

She searches the area, still on the ground to find the culprit, only to see the witch of stitches talking to an armed blonde man in a red coat, which prompted her to innocently look away.

"Oh-uh. Never mind."

Ahmy, having not gotten up, decided to watch the conversation unravel from bellow.

Maybe one of them would let slip a hint of some sort that would get this game over with faster.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Limbo Plateau

Esmeralda tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Hmmmm...Perhaps? But perhaps not. I could do it with ease, but..." She smirked. "...it may require some creativity."

She twirled her sickle and pointed it towards Kendo. "I'm not a genie in a lamp, you know. I don't wave a wand to grant wishes. And I can't just change the rules of your world or the personalities of those around you. I'm a Witch of Stitches, after all! I don't have magic, just this sickle. So rather than simply casting a spell and making everything alright, I merely hop around the interdimensional planes and grab what I need. There's an alternate dimension for every possibility, you know. Some are rooted deeply in their pasts. What if magic was discovered in the stone age? What if magic was never discovered? What if this species became the dominant one? What if this country won this war, or what if it lost? These create the drastically different universes many of you come from! Where the rules have changed to the point of unrecognizability from one another. But then new alternate dimensions sprout from just about every little action you take! Whether you had cereal or pancakes for breakfast, whether I told you this information or not, whether you tried to kill me now or kill me later...whether you're shunned or accepted. The multiverse has infinite possibilities, as it's always expanding for every possibility imaginable!"

She brought the sickle up to her face, caressing the blade with her fingers. "And this sickle is what allows me to go to all of them. At any point in time, in every possible outcome. And that's where your wishes come true! If you're dying of disease, I could bring the greatest scientists of the multiverse together to find the cure over the course of five years, and return in seconds with it. If you want millions of dollars, there's more than enough in the many universes...I could even pluck a dollar from each and have more than enough to return to you. If you want to change someone you love...well, I can't fix them in your own universe, but I'm sure they have millions of potential counterparts that can fit your whims."

She smiled sinisterly from behind the blade, staring directly into Kendo's eyes. "My wishes require effort and a vast multiverse of material to make true. If you push it too far, you'll just have to accept what I give you. If you're unhappy about it...that your own wishes aren't 'good enough' because you want some miracle even the infinite cannot change..." She lowered the sickle, and her smile grew quirky again. "...You'll just have to deal with it~!"
Spoiler : EDIT:@DSY :
Your app has now been accepted. Enjoy the rift.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

VGBM

Post by VGBM »

He took a minute to mull over Esmerelda's long-winded response. While it didn't provide a concrete answer, it did make him think more about his question. Truthfully, Kendo didn't know what he wanted. Did he even want his master's acceptance if it wasn't really them? Did he even want his master's acceptance at all? Why did he want to return to the person who had humiliated him? Would it be better if they weren't the exact same person, or worse? He had a lot to think about.

"Thank you for your time." He said with another quick bow, then began to leave, but first stopped in front of the girl who had been laying down near them, but was clearly awake. It didn't take a werewolf's keen senses to see what she was doing.

He looked at her sternly, said, "It is impolite to listen in on others' conversations," and continued on his way.

Even though Kendo didn't know what to wish for, or even whether to play, something he overheard during his conversation gave him an idea on what to do in the meantime. He walked in the direction of the voice that earlier was just loud enough to catch the attention of his wolf ears. He approached Ikiba. "Excuse me, are you the one looking to 'form a pact' with someone?" he asked.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Limbo Plateau

"It's not eavesdropping if you include me in it." Ahmy says, smugly dismissing the red coated man.

Totally necessary response done, Ahmy looked up at seemingly nothing and angrily bit her lip.

"So, the witch of stitches doesn't have magic? Its all parallel universe stuff?"

She closes her eyes, mumbles a bit, "Talk about a let down." and eventually says:

"I'm going back to sleep, someone wake me up when you find that target guy."
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

Limbo Plateau

Ikiba's mouth had slowly arched down into a frown as seconds steadily passed and no one seemed to be interested in teaming up. It just seemed like the logical thing to her, as the rules Esmerelda had set down almost lauded teamwork. Still, she steeled herself. Maybe, just maybe, once a few more lone wolves filtered out, someone might take her up—

Oh, the irony. Just as she was thinking of that idiom, some sort of wolf man approached her!

"Why, of course!" Ikiba answered the man, her smile reappearing. "I'm glad you're interested. By working together, we can double our efforts and leave this game in no time!"

"Although, it doesn't just have to be some one," she gestured with the hand holding the lantern. "Ideally, I'd like to see a nice team of operatives who could progress through these targets with some degree of efficiency... but even just two is better than one!" She chuckled lightly. "I presume you're taking my offer?"
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Kendo smiled politely as he listened. "It sounds like you already have it all figured out," he inquired, it would certainly be a new experience to be part of a big team. Or would the word "pack" be more appropriate? He did a quick scan of the plateau, it looked like the vast majority of the initial crowd had already dissipated, "however, it looks like you just have me for now. Oh, and that's a yes," he said as he just remembered that last part.

The slightly flustered man took a step back and gave the woman a formal bow. "Allow me to properly introduce myself: I am Kendo Okami, sword for hire."
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

Limbo Plateau

Not wishing to offend Kendo's conventions, the woman took a bow herself before speaking resoundingly, "I am Ikiba. Please follow me to your new doma-"

She halted suddenly, her eyes shooting open and a hand shooting to her mouth. Seconds later, she loudly giggled under her palm, her posture suddenly losing a sort of prominence it offered previously.

"Sorry, I don't usually introduce myself to the living!" she explained through a smile. "I am the second of the nine advisors of Belofuren, and it's nice to meet you, Kendo Okami!" As if that statement needed absolutely no clarification, she shifted the topic. "So, do you have anywhere in mind to investigate first? I was thinking over there myself,"—Ikiba pointed to the Empire City district—"but this target fellow could really be anywhere..."
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Limbo Plateau:

A set of beady, grey eyes wanders from person to person, being to being, watching from atop their perch. One by one, the crowd filters themselves out into the various realms sprawled haphazardly throughout this dimension, but one figure remains stock still, a living statue. She's clad in an orange and black outfit far more revealing than her apparent age should justify, and her red eyes bring an unnatural aura about her entire person. The majestic purple bird atop her shoulder occasionally rotates its head, peering into yet another soul trapped in this twisted game world.

Krea kept her attention toward the conversation currently going on between two people. One seemed a sort of benevolent spirit that guides many through their deaths. The other introduced himself as a "sword for hire," and seemed to be some sort of werewolf. They both seemed quite serious about this affair. It would be difficult, but perhaps worth it to keep an eye on their movements. Krea resisted the urge to preen herself, intently focused on what was going on between those two. After all, she was just a bird.

Though, even discounting the werewolf, Krea had noticed she wasn't by a long shot the only non-human here. Not too far away, a large shark glided through the air, circling a short, teenage girl with enigmatic pink eyes, and... perhaps a little too much makeup on. Yuko could be seen petting the shark like a tamed beast, but it didn't seem like it cared all that much.

"So... we're gonna get a wish, huh? That sounds pretty chill, I guess. Any ideas, Fuka?" The shark remained silent. "Yeah. Me neither." Yuko merely shrugged. "Guess we'll figure that out when we get that far." The shark once again failed to respond to Yuko. The girl withdrew one of her katanas, as if checking to make sure nothing had happened to them. Sheathing it again, Yuko started to climb atop the shark. "What did she say again? Land of magic or something like that? I can get down with this. Fuka, spin around. We'll go through the door behind and to the left of us." With a few gentle kicks of her heels, the shark swam through the air, through the door Yuko requested.

Which left the reserved-looking woman with the denim apron. Her orange bangs kept getting in the way of her face, and brushing them aside revealed the orange paint stains on her skin that wouldn't seem to go away no matter what. Laura's amber eyes shifted constantly, not knowing what to make of her new surroundings. More importantly, why this Esmeralda person(?) had to take her of all people. She didn't have anything special that she could do, other than make pretty pictures. Even given her nature, there had to have been some reason, right? Laura opened her mouth to speak, but couldn't find the words. She grabbed one of her wrists, stroking the pastel pink cuff she wore there. Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to try to wish herself good luck, but Laura hadn't gotten to where she was by fretting about superstition...

...Although perhaps if she did, she wouldn't be able to blame herself for it.

Laura took another look at her surroundings, and at all of the labelled doors. There was one with a label that intrigued her, mostly because she had no idea what it would hold inside. Laura took in a deep breath, and slowly strolled toward that door, expecting the worst.

Krea and Audrey remain in Limbo Plateau.

Yuko and Fuka move to Centaur Park.

Laura moves to Kawaii Court.
songotenman
Spoken languages: English, Danish

Post by songotenman »

Limbo Plateau
"Why are we just standing here?" Leo had been standing still for a while now, and Faizorn was getting impatient. Leo had a habit of standing still when he was thinking, but it usually only took a few seconds. "Dont we need to find the target?" Leo nodded his head. "Yes. I am ready."

Leo started thinking about where the target could be. It seemed that, lucky for him, most people hadn't been listening to Esmaralda when she mentioned where the target was last seen. According to the Witch, the target had been last seen "in a land of mysticism and magic". Leo took a look at the labels above the doors. Only one of the areas had a name that seemed to match the description the Witch had given. Centaur Park. Leo started walking towards the door when he saw a strange girl being followed by a shark. Leo waited for the girl (and her shark) to go through the door, then followed her through the door, making sure to stay out of her field of vision. Faizorn followed, hiding in Leo's shadow.

Leo and Faizorn move to Centaur Park
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Limbo Plateau

"And it is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Ikiba," Kendo responded, choosing to ignore her little snafu out of courtesy, and failing to notice her comment about "the living" as a result.

On the topic of where to go, if Kendo remembers correctly the clue they were given says that the target was last seen "in the land of mysticism and magic." The most logical step would be to look at the names above the entrance to each district, however, "I'm afraid half of these names are unfamiliar to me, so I'm of not much help. I'll just follow your lead instead," he said despite the fact that the place she suggested was one of the names he recognised, and he didn't see the connection between that and the clue. But hey, if in miss Ikiba's world, the word empire took on a more mystic meaning, who was he to judge? Still, he would've liked if this place used a more universal language, he knows what a "star" is and what a "gate" is, but not what those words could mean together, and also what the heck is a kawaii??

While lost in thought, Kendo's senses picked up on something. Those were something he could always rely on. As subtly as he could (which isn't that much), he moved closer to his new partner so he could speak in a more hushed tone. "By the way, I think we're being watched," he warned her.