and you are called to his mansion by his family
to solve the mysteries he has left behind.
Will you see through the tricks and find the truth
or wander forever in the labyrinth of deception?
Discord link here.
Welcome to the Den of Deception, a new mystery RP! For those of you who remember Althorp Manor, it's basically that... but with everything improved. You will be in a mansion with mysteeeerious things going on, and it's your job to explore, investigate, and solve the case!
Den of Deception has been designed for three players, which... is kind of a problem, since that's less than even Althorp Manor, which had more people that wanted to play than could. So to solve this, I will be running three copies of Den of Deception at once! (...H-Hopefully.)
There's no application process; if you're interested, just post saying so. You also can think about who you want your character to be. It can be anybody, but there are two restrictions: (1) they must be "realistic," and (2) they must be an amateur detective of some renown. For (1), you can still do silly stuff like crazy pink anime hair, but it just means it has to be done with hair dye and lots of hair gel, not natural. For (2), their job can be some sort of private investigator, but it doesn't have to be; they could just be one of those people that just happens to run into (and solve) crimes wherever they go, like Kindaichi Hajime or Miss Marple. (Also note that this RP is intended to focus on the plot of the mystery, not the arcs of the player characters; your character is really nothing more than an avatar.)
Here are the ground rules:
- I'm the GM, and my word is final.
- You are free to do whatever you want within the RP (but actively trying to screw things over may invoke the wrath of god)
- Actions that happen within one room are visible to all player characters in that room (unless you want to hide it)
- Do not share information OOC; when you regroup, if you want to share your info, you should do it in-character (and manually, not just copy-pasting stuff!)
- DO NOT LOOK AT ANYTHING NOT MEANT FOR YOU. Not tags for other rooms, and especially not any other game threads. We're running on the honor system here, but the fun of the game is trying to solve the mystery yourself; if you cheat, you're cheating nobody but yourself (and ruining the game for your teammates).
- Relatedly, I ask that you essential treat all OOC discussion of the game in other places (like discord) as spoilers. It's a mystery, and so learning plot events beforehand from OOC discussion can ruin it. However, once each group has encountered a major plot event, I will post an announcement that all teams have encountered that plot point, from which point on you can deem it "safe."
- No-GM tags are fair game! Use this if you wish to theorize together and surprise me with the result~
Anyway, if you want to play, make a post. This game is built for--and relies on--three detectives investigating the case, so please apply only if you think you can be consistently active for the entire game. That doesn't mean at least 10 posts a day, but it does mean at least staying up-to-date and sometimes posting. Since it's pretty difficult to replace people in this, if you leave midway, you're ruining the experience of your fellow players as well. If you think you'll likely have lower activity, please say so; lower activity is totally fine as long as you're still consistent, and I'll probably group people like that together (since the game will likely work better if the players are all going at the same pace).
My computer is getting sent in for repairs in a couple of days, so I'm planning on starting the game hopefully once I get it back. And if more than nine people post... I'm just going to pick the people, sorry ^^" (If there's enough interest, I may run more sessions after these are done, but I think 4+ is just too much at once.)
Deluxe Reserved VIP Entrants: