[QUEEN] The Den of Deception

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Toatali
Spoken languages: English

Re: [QUEEN] The Den of Deception

Post by Toatali »

The Colonel pockets a pill bottle. After doing that, he removes a first generation iPhone from his inside jacket pocket and proceeds to look something up. The others can see him visibly strain working out how to do something as simple as google the word 'carasil'. As he read, he mumbled some select phrases from the article. 'Patients that present with carasil usually experience neurological abnormalities by their 20s or 30s and strokes upon reaching their 40s... Many patients experience some form of mood changes, personality disorders, and or dementia. Hmmm... so that's carasil.'
Turning to look at Erik, the Colonel asks 'Ah, so... who's the shrine for?'
Read my blog (it's really good (well, not really good, but... (it's alright, to be honest (Look, it's shit, but do me a solid, ok?))))
toatalireviews.wordpress.com
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

"Oh er... I think it might be his wife, or even his mother. I admit I didn't pay much attention to the facial features."

As he said that, Erik jumped off the armchair, and went and took a closer look at the photograph. He tried to remember Daniel's face as hard as he could, and compared that to the woman's face.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

She... doesn't strike you as a close blood relative.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma scowls. "Then let's start simple. What in the world are you doing taking a random bottle of the man's medication?!"
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Just as Erik was about to say "It's his wife", he heard Paloma. He turned and looked at the Colonel with his eyes wider than usual, and said, "Please tell me you haven't done that in every room..."
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Toatali

Post by Toatali »

The Colonel looked taken aback by Paloma's questioning, but responded quickly and with a hint of annoyance. "Hmph. It's not like it matters; the man is dead. If anything, the medicine is the one thing he won't miss. I simply thought that having one bottle might come in handy. You never know when these things end up being useful."
Read my blog (it's really good (well, not really good, but... (it's alright, to be honest (Look, it's shit, but do me a solid, ok?))))
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma glares directly at the Colonel. "Do you mean when or if?"
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Toatali

Post by Toatali »

The Colonel attempts to glare back, but his eyes move around somewhat nervously. "I mean, let's just see what happens. It's not hurting anybody taking this bottle."
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

I'll let those two work it out... it's no use arguing with either of them...

He, stepping like a cat, went to the dressers, and, after looking at Paloma, took a look inside the drawers.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma's gaze is unwavering, and you can see the muscles in her face start to tense up as she raises her voice. "A man died. Doesn't that deserve some kind of respect?"
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Erik opens a drawer, but slammed it shut before he saw the contents. Without turning, and angrier than usual, he said:

"If we had to show respect, we wouldn't touch anything in this room, or even be in here at all. Consider this, however; what if that 'something' is here? Would you still go 'show respect, people'?"
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Toatali

Post by Toatali »

The Colonel shifts slightly to one side to avoid Paloma's gaze. After Erik's outburst his voice sounded almost subdued. "People die every day. Besides, I'm not pissing on his grave, I'm simply taking one pill bottle."
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Erik seemed to relax a bit, despite still having his back turned. "Exactly." He turned to face Paloma. "Granted, I don't fully agree with pocketing stuff, but it's impossible not to move them and whatnot. But, you don't go overboard with that either. I didn't ckeck the urn's contents, because I have a pretty good idea of what's in there, and I showed some respect." Erik seemed to grin a little.

Finishing that, he re-opened the drawer he had slammed, as well as the other ones.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Erik finds some clothes.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma now directs her ire towards Erik. "And a detective should also be in the habit of paying attention to--"

She closes her eyes and takes a breath. You can see her opening and closing her hands, balled in fists and then not, several times. At least she is making an effort?

"When did I ever say we couldn't touch anything?" she asks. There's still a tinge of tension in her voice, but also complete sincerity.