[QUEEN] The Den of Deception

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [QUEEN] The Den of Deception

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma looks briefly at the face of the second woman. "I really can't get a feel for his taste in paintings... Still, this seems to be the only other floor to this house, and given the lack of bedrooms downstairs, I imagine there are several of them here."
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Erik noded. "Yeah. We will have to get into one of them sooner or later, though; I suppose we should search every room that won't cause trouble for anyone, first."

Erik looked at the painting carefully.
Spoiler : BP (action) :
He checked for any details that match the paintings in the Foyer, and whether the faces resemble people from the crowd after they went outside.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : Nicky :
Nope, no photo-realistic faces in this one.
Toatali
Spoken languages: English

Post by Toatali »

The Colonel ignores the painting and heads straight for the Master Suite.
Read my blog (it's really good (well, not really good, but... (it's alright, to be honest (Look, it's shit, but do me a solid, ok?))))
toatalireviews.wordpress.com
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Turning his gaze at the last moment, Erik went after the Colonel.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma reaches on to her pocket to grab something. When she pulls out a pen, she catches what the Colonel is up to and runs after.
Spoiler : Super Secret Spoiler: Not Even BP :
Did I have this on the entire time? I'll just know to ignore the last part of this.

Paloma turns off the recorder.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

The trio enters a large yet surprisingly simple bedroom, that is decorated mostly in white. The bed has a white bedspread, and is facing a TV on a white shelf against the opposite wall. The shelf has some thin, colorful vases on top, and a couple of large potted plants and blue armchairs are around the room. Next to the bed are some nightstands, which have several types of medicines and pieces of medical equipment on them. On the west wall are some dressers, along with a shelf that has some books on it, along with a potted plant and a statuette. In one corner of the room is a vanity, which now has a sort of shrine on it. The shrine consists of some flowers in a small vase, a photograph of a familiar-looking woman, and an urn with the lid’s handle made in the shape of a four-leaf clover. Near the ‘shrine’ is a traditional American kotatsu.
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

"I can't say I'm not surprised. I expected more." said Erik.

He then went and took a closer look at the books and the statuette, resisting the urge to look at the potted plants.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Toatali
Spoken languages: English

Post by Toatali »

The Colonel examines the bottles of pills on the nightstand. As he does he talks, addressing no one. 'Ah, recently I've been prescribed more and more pills to fix my various ailments. I wonder if we share any medication.'
Read my blog (it's really good (well, not really good, but... (it's alright, to be honest (Look, it's shit, but do me a solid, ok?))))
toatalireviews.wordpress.com
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma cringes as she sees what the two are up to. "You do understand that the owner of this room had his funeral today, yes?"
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

"I... don't see how this prevents us from detective-ing?" said Erik, without turning to face her.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

There are various medical devices and medications, and, without medical training, the group can't figure out exactly what they're for. However, the prescriptions were written out by "Anne Namad" for "Daniel Levine," and from looking at them, it seems to be for the treatment of a disease called carasil.

The statuette appears to actually be a trophy for something called the Magician's Grand Prix. The books are various books on politics, history, and psychology.
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

"Ah, the Magician's Grand Prix. I would be worried if he hadn't won at least once."

After saying that, Erik went and took a closer look at the vanity.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

The vase is white, and has some elegant white flowers inside. The urn is pale green in color, and has a lid with a handle in the shape of a four-leaf clover on top.
Spoiler : Nicky :
The woman in the photograph appears to be the same woman as in the painting in the foyer.
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Spoiler : Spoiler-y thought (BP, Spectators) :
Hmm... that woman from the painting in the foyer.
I guess it's someone he truly loved, having reserved a place for this shrine.

Turning around to face the others, Erik said "Say, after seeing this urn... did you know that the leaves on the four-leaf clover mean 'faith', 'trust', 'love', and 'luck'? If only everyone had those..." Erik's voiced turned into a reminiscing one, like he was talking to himself, "...my cousin lacked trust when it came to outsiders... and love..."

Erik seemed a bit sad. A moment of doing nothing won't hurt... He hesitantly sat on one of the armchairs, his face returned to normal, and looked at what the others would do.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage