[QUEEN] The Den of Deception

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: [QUEEN] The Den of Deception

Post by Bad Player »

Anne gave a small nod. "Yes, CARASIL vastly increases the sufferer's risk of stroke, and at a much younger age. Unfortunately, while CARASIL itself cannot be treated at this point in time, we can still alleviate the some of the symptoms, such as with anti-stroke medication. Mr. Levine was naturally receiving such medication. While we obviously cannot stave off the inevitable, a stroke this early in the disease while receiving proper treatment is... quite strange."
Toatali
Spoken languages: English

Post by Toatali »

The Colonel got out his mustard coloured notebook and flicked through the pages. "Hmm, you're lucky to have me and my note taking skills. I don't know where this team would be without me." [The Colonel knew exactly where the team would be without him, he was just too scared to admit it.] "Now, let's see.. the Mermaid statue in the Great Room faced to the east... the Chimera in the pub was on the Eastern Wall, although I don't have which way it faced, I'd presume to the West... the Cerberus in the Breakfast room faced north, while the Pegasus in the kitchen was in the corner of the room, but I don't have notes as to which way it faced.

I hope this was of some use to you, although I can't quite see the value in it."
Read my blog (it's really good (well, not really good, but... (it's alright, to be honest (Look, it's shit, but do me a solid, ok?))))
toatalireviews.wordpress.com
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma, unsurprisingly, winces at the interjection. "Had he undergone any kind of testing recently that would suggest he was at a higher or lower risk for a stroke?"
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Anne hesitates a moment, as if she doesn't want to answer the question, but then shakes her head and says "No, he wasn't tested."
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Paloma nods slowly. "Hmm. So there was no reason to suspect anything abnormal... Is it possible that the cause of death could have been some complication other than a stroke?"
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Anne shakes her head definitively. "No. It was a stroke," she states.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

"Alright then."
Spoiler : Inner Monologue :
"That's... said too much like a matter-of-fact, not a conclusion. I want to question her more on this, but if there is something amiss, it would be best not to get her suspicious."
"It would also help if you could tell me about your movements on that day. Given the incident... I can't help but be interested in where people were."
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Erik opened his mouth as if to say something after Anne mentioned the lack of testing, but he chose not to.

Before Anne had a chance to reply, Erik spoke. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but I'd like to ask one last question about Daniel's state, if you don't mind... You mentioned earlier that his memory problem occurred relatively quickly after the symptoms were established. Is this unusual? I mean, was he supposed to have this 'dete...rioration' ", Erik struggled a bit with that, "later in, or was he supposed not to have this at all?"
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"That sort of mental deterioration was normal," Anne tells Erik, "Although the rate at it which it occurred was faster than is usual..."

"Today, I went to the wake in the morning. After that, I have mostly been in here, closing Mr. Levine's file and preparing to leave here and return to my research hospital, with the noticeable exception of when the... explosion occurred."
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

"Research hospital?"

Strange, thought Paloma. A researcher becoming a caretaker?
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"Yes, that's where I usually work, but Mr. Levine hired me to personally manage his treatment," Anne explains.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

"And were you here full-time? Pardon my curiosity, but I find it a bit strange that you would leave your research."
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"Yes, I've been here, but as it turned out, my research happened to be in a stage where I could do most of what needed to be done remotely," Anne explains. "My colleagues, the Levines, and my hospital have all been extraordinarily accommodating in getting this situation to work."
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

"If you don't mind my asking... What is exactly your research about? You've made me quite curious." Ok, that did not sound like me, much... "O-Of course when I say 'exactly' I don't mean you should analyze everything."
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Anne replies with a long string of technical-sounding medical jargon. Seeing the confused look on the detectives' faces, she clarifies, "I study neurological diseases, with a focus on inherited conditions."