[RP] Town of the Extraordinary (RP Start!)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Re: [RP] Town of the Extraordinary (RP Start!)

Post by Hesseldahl »

Bean Lately:

Bitter and dark, these words weren't normally the correct words to describe Althia's feelings, but right now, that's what she felt, bitterness towards the situation she had gotten, and while some people would suggest that only feeling and not reacting was a problem, the thing is, Althia could only cry, she was a victim, not a hero.

A sweet drop of milk cleaned Althia's thoughts when Sara came to calm her, her bitter tears stopped, but the pain in her hand remained, despite that she smiled at Sara, who was patting her head.

"Look-"

Look at what?

"I'm sorry."

Are you? Or are you just trying to excuse yourself?

"So, uh, sorry."

I don't truly care, just get out.

"But..."

But what? Yes I didn't react properly, but I'm still a teen, you should have managed the situation better.

Leon was the first person who made Althia experience bitterness, and that made Althia angry in many levels, but she wouldn't show it, even if her thoughts weren't clear, at least she would try to maintain her image.

"I'll...pay for your coffees or something. As an apology or whatever. And, uh, to agree we never talk about any of this again."

Althia turned to Leon.

"Don't worry, I myself wasn't planning on ever bringing this situation again. Just pay your own coffee and let's get out before someone calls the police or something."

And like a jynx, someone appeared to intrude the situation, it was clear this woman was someone with medical knowledge, this calmed Althia until the woman said.

"She should be taken to a professional immediately to have her hand examined and taken care in order to prevent permanent damage."

Althia started hyperventilating, she feared that her parents would discover the whole situation, that she had powers. She stood up, clearly worried, and tried to put her glove back, but when she tried, she just hurt herself, letting a small scream.
DSY
Spoken languages: English

Post by DSY »

Bean Lately Coffee Shop

If there's one thing Sara can understand, its pain.

Physical, mental, all sorts from all walks of sucking the joy out of life.

And this girl just got hit with a truck load of pain..... much like the wall she punched.

Crying on the ground, surrounded by strangers, and now some new guy showed up saying she had to go get medical stuff gong down to?

Sara bit her lip.

All this pain, over some goddamn coffee.

I gotta do something Sara thought frantically. Patting her sure isn't cutting it.

Why didn't she stop Althia? Why did she have to talk to her in the first place? This all could have been avoided if not for Sara's careless offer.

But her panic was soon interrupted, by the girl rising up and..... apologizing!?

After some stammering some words, she seemed to begin panicking.

Not hard to understand, Sara thought concerned, I'm freaking out and i didn't even do anything.......

Sara bit her lip. She hadn't done anything. Not stemmed this girl's pain. Not helped prevent it. She needed to do something, but no matter what she thought she just couldn't think of anything that she could do anymore.

In a panic of her own, Sara moved without any sort of thought.

And in that quick moment.

A split second later.

Sara was hugging Althia.

It was all she could think to do.

It certainly felt strange too, it even kind hurt.

Hurt her left hand...... felt like it was bleeding even.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Outside St. Martha's - Soul:

"Wait, if they hurt, then why would you get multi-"

This girl's hands popped off. Why her. Why today. Soul stood in silence, eyes widened the tiniest bit. It probably would've had more impact had she not just spoke with someone who also came apart. It was kind of peculiar, now that she really thought about it. Surely, there weren't that many Supers going to school with her. She was used to being a bit of an outcast, but this was just... odd. And how come all of them just fell apart? How was that useful...?

Soul shook herself back to the conversation, and her facial expression had returned to her resting not-quite-scowl. "Don't you have a bakery to get to?"

With Caralyn - Anabelle:

From behind her mother, Anabelle could be seen cocking her head to the side in confusion. "Mu-Mehhr... see? What's that...?" She had started to peek out, though hid again when the strange lady petted her head.

When Caralyn asked if any of them had gotten injured, Mr. Michuru let out a nervous chuckle. "Heheh... Well, not really. Had a couple of close shaves, though!"

"Ugh... That sounds about right..." Mrs. Michuru chimed in, moving to cover Anabelle's ears again. Annie herself simply stared at the ground. "The first thief decided to try to steal my husband's wallet, and threatened our daughter here with a knife..."

"Um. Yeah... though nothing else important really happened, and I got my wallet back! So I have that going for me." Mr. Michuru shifted in place a little, deciding to leave out the part where he had ice cream thrown in his eyes, and it seemed like it got across relatively smoothly, considering the lady had just introduced herself. "Ah! Caralyn! I'm Hideki Michuru! I'm just an office bumbler! This is my wife, Linda," He gestured toward her, "and my daughter, Anabelle. Say 'hi,' Annie."

"Uh... hi! Mehhr-see!"
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

An abrupt end to cleansing hour:

In Prima's long, long career, she could count on one hand the number of times she's been left speechless, especially on air, but nobody could've predicted that.

After what was probably 10 seconds, she finally responded, "Well, *ahem* it seems that call had taken up all our time. I'm sorry I couldn't reach as many of you as I usually do, but I'm hoping watching that at least cheered you up." Queue audience laughter. 'There's going to be a meme of that,' she thought to herself, whether it was a prediction or just an assumption, she decided not to think too hard about.

Of course, the rest of the show went off without a hitch. When it was over, Madame Psiya exchanged congratulations with the staff on another job well done, changed into her much less flashy clothes, and then headed out the door. She hadn't taken a car to the studio today, which meant she wouldn't be taking one back. She often liked to travel on foot which, considering her celebrity status, worried her bosses and coworkers to no end. Madame wasn't worried, however. She'd know if there was a chance of real danger, or if that chance was just very small.

Once she cleared the studio gate, she began walking down the streets toward her house, or perhaps somewhere else. As good as she was at predicting, Prima Mission wasn't very predictable herself.

These streets have been through so much:

Mimi wasn't sure how this man managed to turn it around so quickly, but somehow now he was the one scolding her. It kinda hurt too, since aside from the mask, she was just wearing her average everyday clothes (although, now that she thinks about it, this shirt had gone through a bit or wear n tear over the years). And now what was he thinking, comparing her to heroes who have clearly been at this for a lot longer than her? Was he just mocking her?

"So let's try this again, shall we?! Start from the top, and really try to impress me this time!"

Wait, no! He was challenging her! And Mimi Queue was not going to back down from a challenge. She stood up straight, puffed out her chest, put her hands on her hips, and with the hammiest voice she could muster, said "Why THANK YOOOUUU, kind citizeeen! It's aaaaall in a daaay's work! Although I HOPE this experience teaches yooouuu to be more CAUTIOUS in the futuuuuuure!" She also repeated the finger was from last time.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Downtown Proprius Street Corner:

Oscar wiped the ice cream from his face as he legged it across the street, gritting his teeth in frustration. Goddammit. He was so frustrated and mad that I cant write it because it'd use too many of AAO's naughty words and then i'd have to like censor them all and that just looks silly. Why bother. I'm lazy.

While you were distracted by reading my nonsense, Oscar Fishlips Jones made it into an alley, slinking into the shadows like a sea slug of evil. He disappeared into the back alley and quickly slipped into...

Frosty Dave's Snow Cone Shop:

Frosty Dave stood at the counter, a dead, empty stare out the door as cars and passengers passed by. Ever since that Doux Dimanche Ice Cream Parlor had come to town, his snow cone shop with three tables and a fake Hawaiian tiki hut had been barren and empty, with only his employees smoking the weeds out back to keep him company. There were funeral parlors livelier than Frosty Dave's right now; the place was dead and everyone knew it, but Dave struggled to hold on for just a bit longer. He looked solemnly at the pristine cases of snow, the still-full boxes of cones. Frosty Dave briefly considered impaling himself on one of the empty cones and ending it all-- But no. He had a family. This was all he had.

Then. The bell jangled. Dave's eyes widened in shock-- Someone was in! Holy crap a miracle! Dave didn't want to waste any time; even if they'd only stumbled in by accident, he had to make the sale. He walked up to Oscar Jones.

Oscar Jones took a seat, panting and heaving as he stumbled into one of the wobbly chairs near the door. He flipped out a black cellphone-- He had to call his partner. What was his name again? Bolpo? He'd just say "hey, you". That was less awkward. Why wasn't he picking up? Suddenly, Oscar felt his own pocket begin to vibrate, and he remembered. Oh right, I took his goddamn phone.

So he was alone, and partner-less. No weapons. No ride. And sitting in a Frosty Dave's. It was the last part that sobered Oscar to the fact that he'd hit rock bottom.

"Hello, sir, would you like anything today?"

Oscar slowly turned to the Dave.

"...You got a car?"

A week later, Frosty Dave would be found in the Frosty Dave's Freezer Room. Curiously, the autopsy revealed the death to be food poisoning from the deadly Fugu dish. His car was missing.

St. Martha's Academy - Requiem:
"Attention, students. There has been a supervillain incident in the city square today. Although the situation has been dealt with, for the student body's safety, classes will be cancelled for the rest of the day. Please have a nice day."

"Thank god," Izzy muttered, slinging her backpack over her shoulder and producing an iPod from her pocket. She popped in her earbuds, contemplating if she should really be happy that lives have been endangered and potentially lost now. They pulled the "supervillain incident" about every week honestly, and she'd gotten desensitized to it by now. The words "supervillain incident" were so common to her now... People could have died, property was DEFINITELY destroyed. Was it really okay for things to continue this way? Another attack could happen at any moment, and she could be squashed into paste by debris before any superhero could even leap into costume. And then some other girl would get out for the day, thanking god for another supervillain attack. Not even Volt Maxim could protect everyone. This whole city was a time bomb waiting to go off, and sooner or later, there would be some disaster and the ones paying would be the civilians, helpless to protect themselves. That was their fate as weak, powerless humans caught up in an endless struggle between-- Hey, was that Leslie?

"Hey, Leslie!" Izzy said, pausing her music as she approached her friend, sitting on a bench with her head down, writing in a book. Studying? Leslie? That was a first.

"Wow, I've never seen you study before," Izzy said, peering over, "Who are you and what have you done with--"

Leslie suddenly turned around, allowing Izzy to see her left eye and left hand both missing from her body. "Huh? Sorry, couldn't hear you, my left ear's busy."

"JESUS CHRIST," Izzy jumped before remembering who she was talking to. She glanced down at the book, which, far from any school-related books, was filled with names and brief scribbled sentences, too illegible to read. Izzy looked at her friend, a steely look of concentration in her eyes as she gazed at nothing in particular-- This was the most focused Izzy had ever seen the usually frazzled girl.

"I'm doing some recon work." Leslie explained, gesturing at her hand that wasn't there. "Lefty has my eye and ear and we're following that girl I ran into earlier... 'Soul Sachikawa' is her name."

"Isn't that like. A crime?"

"What?" Leslie's body shook.

"Yeah, invasion of privacy? I dunno why don't you just ask her?"

"Because I'm a mess of anxiety and spying is easier." Leslie said, scribbling down some more words.

Izzy tilted her head around awkwardly. "Oookay, but just so you know... This, what's happening here? Sorta creepy. Just saying."

"I-I'm not like! Creeping!" Leslie tried to defend herself, "This is just! You know! Recon!"

"Recon for what? Are you gonna fight her?" Izzy's eyes lit up. "Holy crap please fight her. I will film it and we'll make so much money."

"Who would want to see that? Two supers fighting for little to no reason?"

"There's big money in that! People will pay good money to watch hordes of supers punching each other."

"I'm not going to fight her!" Leslie said, "I just need to know her abilities and powers and stuff... Just... in case I guess? I don't know, my mentor told me to!"

"Why? She sounds paranoid to me." Izzy said, sticking in her headphones. "I wouldn't worry too much about her, Leslie. You could be non-creepily checking out way cooler people. Like me. I'm cool."

Leslie lowered her gaze. She stared down at the notes she'd taken wearily, uncertain of what to do. After a moment, a hand suddenly climbed across the ground before leaping back onto Leslie's arm. From there, an eye and ear reformed, slotting back into place on her head.

"Maybe you're right." Leslie said, shutting the book. "Wanna arcade or something?"

Izzy grinned. "Now you're talking."
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Bean Lately

Leon's head was face-down on the table, hands clasped on head. What did I do to deserve this? he asked himself. Random strangers on the street were now coming along with medical advice, a girl was hyperventilating, now people were hugging...Dammit, I just wanted a coffee! Why can't this stupid city just let me get a coffee?!

Raising his head, Leon looked over to the two girls. "Look, I'm sorry! I didn't think a stupid accident would snowball into...into..."

Something was wrong. The injury on that shouty girl's hand...it was now on the quiet girl's. Leon stared in quiet disbelief for a moment. He glanced to the front counter...the barista had snuck into the back room amidst the commotion. He looked towards the new woman in the room, just to get an eye on him. He then proceeded to pull his tie out from around his neck.

"Here," he said, handing the tie to Sara. "Wrap this around your hand. You should get it checked on soon, but this'll at least help for now."

----

Outside St. Martha's

Maria let out a large sigh. "Well, that was disappointing..."

Her hand scuttled up her leg, up her back, down her shoulder, and eventually back to her wrist. Some black, thread-like strings shot out from the wound and snapped to the hand, before pulling itself together and stitching itself up. The process was...a little disturbing to look at, but Maria herself wasn't shaken up by it.

"A shame, really," she said. "Some people just don't appreciate a good joke!" She shook her head in disappointment...until her head literally spun around on the neck 360 degrees and snapped back into place. "Ah well," she said, nonchalantly.

Upon Soul's question, Maria just waved it off. "Yeah, yeah, I'll get to that, but this is much more exciting! If you're not shocked by this kinda thing, you must know some Supers yourself, right? Or maybe even beeeee a Super?" She quirked an eyebrow and grinned her sharp grin.

Suddenly, Maria held out her arm with an open hand, for a handshake. "They call me Maria!" she said. "Maria Nette! Super pleasured to meetcha! I promise my hand won't pop off this time."

----

The Streets

The man in black shrugged. "Well now you're just trying too hard," he said.

Suddenly, the man dispensed a card from within his coat, and handed it to Mimi. "That said, you do interest me, young lady. You don't exactly strike terror in the hearts of good and evil alike or anything, but my...that power of yours certainly seems most interesting. I would be honored if you'd ever care to give me ring and we might perhaps...chat about where you would care to proceed with this little super-career you seem to be building up."

It was a black card with white text - "THE DELIGHTFUL DR. MALUS - Searching for Supers ready to change the world! Interested? Call at (555)555-5555 for more info!" - and a cartoonish logo with a monocle, top hat, and the man's shark-like grin.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Bean Lately

Seeing Sara hug Althia made the situation a bit more awkward for Borealis. She shuffled back the tiniest bit and looked away. Perhaps it was a mistake to approach, but there was no turning back now. Now, she had to talk the young girl into making her way to the hospital.

It is unfortunate that I know the best doctors for this kind of injury.

Borealis then noticed that music was still playing in her ears. She took the ear buds from her ears, unplugged and then put them away in the white purse she had with her. Looking back at the girls, she immediately noticed something was different. It seemed that Leon had noticed as well, giving Sara his tie to stop the bleeding that was now on her hand. Pulling herself together, Borealis spoke up once more.

"It seems to me, miss," Borealis said, looking down at Sara, "that you are the one in need of medical attention now. I can suggest to you an excellent doctor that could help you. A doctor that has dealt with similar if not the same type of injury numerous times." Borealis lifted her cell phone in her right hand. "I could even call the hospital ahead of time, if you so wish."

That very moment, Borealis's phone lit up and blared out a generic ringtone. Looking at the screen would show that the call was coming from one known as "Demonic Bastard." Borealis glared at her phone before refusing the call.

"As I was saying..." She quickly faked a cough into her free hand. "Only if you would like me to."

Ivory Cliffs Apartments

Azyai frowned when his call was dropped. Knowing Borealis, she was probably busy either helping someone else or doing some personal project of hers.

"I guess I'll find out later."

Pocketing his phone, Azyai stepped into the apartment complex he and Borealis lived in, Ivory Cliffs. He waved to the woman working a the front desk, who happily waved back, before hurrying to the elevator to take him to the top floor.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Bleed Lately

What?

Tie up....what?

Doctor? Me? What?

'Confused' was one word.

'Perplexed' another, 'bewildered' was Sara's personal favorite.

Or even, 'uncertain'.

Like Sara was uncertain how her hand had come to be bleeding.

Uncertain why the angry red head was wrapping his tie of all things around her hand and uncertain if she should tell him to stop because it hurts like hell.

Uncertain why the guy from before was pushing her doctor friend at me.

The only two things Sara was certain of was that somehow she had started bleeding and that she really, REALLY did not need this today.

A thought which she had also picked up, that probably everyone else was thinking that too.

Sara quickly refused the offer for the doctor as few things are more suspicious that his awkward proposal.

And medical bills? Now? She still needed to fix her phone when Miss Ice Cream comes back...........*sigh*

If she comes back.

All this mess and somehow she was still hugging the small girl, Sara guessed it must be a weird day for everyone.

She stopped Leon before finishing tying up her hand and proceed to get up. Still facing the group, Sara slowly backs away from the others, throwing her hood over her head to cover her blushing face. Until she was suddenly surprised by the arrival of another barista and his distaste for the previous one's actions.

"Sheesh! You're always runnin back into the break room whenever some big guy comes in! I thought I told you, we do service, with, a, SMILE. Not a scream!"

Sara sighs, face returning to normal, and slowly slides over to the counter. Hood still on her head, body still facing the others. Until she reaches the counter, pulls a napkin from a holder and a pencil from her bag and scratches out her order:

[3 coffee's and 1 hot chocolate]

The barista reads the napkin and shrugs, "Coming right up."

A minute or 3 later Sara returns to the group, drinks in hand and places them on the table with another napkin:

[I think we all could use a drink right now.]
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

James Lark's Unusual Escapade

James had decided to take the walk back to the City Square, wondering what his options were for getting in. That was when he saw man walking his way, coming from the same street as his office. It was Bob, one of James' coworkers. He noticed the ID hanging from Bob's collar, and an idea came to his mind. He didn't like resorting to it, but he had no choice.

"Hey there Bob." James said, calling out to the man. His sights were focused on the ID. Just as James made a beeline for his acquiantance, he felt a weight on his shoulder.

"Ah, hey James. Any luck - Huh? What? Where'd you go?" Bob said, looking right at the spot he had heard James from but not seeing anyone there. James initially found this strange, but then he noticed the whole world had that camouflage pattern to it again and a voice whispered into his ear just like earlier.

James clutched the side of his head with his hand. What was this strange energy he felt? And why did Bob not see him? Had James... turned invisible? And why was there a large muscled man right by his shoulders, standing near him?

"Is this the manifestation of my fighting spirit with a pop culture song title, [KARMA CHAMELEON]?" he said, his eyes shaking. One could almost imagine a menacing aura enveloping the area as he looked to the ground. Bob, visibly shaken, decided this was the best time to exit.

"Wait, those don't exist here. Supers do." he realized, brushing the hand off again and looking at the general area of where the man should have been.

"Any reason you're stalking me like a pervert and offering to help while shirtless?"

With the Michuru Family - Caralyn

Caralyn almost died from cuteness overload. She patted Annabelle on the head and giggled.

"Hmhm~ That means 'Thank you!' in French, little gumdrop Annie!" she said, wishing she could take the adorable girl and hug the cuteness out of her. She resisted the urge. She turned back to Hideki and Linda.

"Really I can't thank you enough." Suddenly Caralyn's eyes lighted up as an idea came to mind. "Ah I know! Why don't you all drop by my shop later? I'll give you all a free dessert on the house. There's no finer ice cream in all of Proprius than from the Doux Dimanche!" The cheery look in her eyes as she said this only emphasized her sweet demeanor towards everything.

"Oh, but there is something I must do. I borrowed someone's phone trying to locate mine, but I'll see you all later yes?" She looks for confirmation from the family before she runs back towards the coffee shop to return Sara's phone.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

In front of the school - Soul:

When Soul saw Maria's hand pop off, she only widened her eyes in shock. When she saw her hand being stitched back on, she wrinkled her nose in visible disgust. When her head spun around, her forehead started wrinkling along with it as disgust turned into slight annoyance. "Your parlor tricks don't amuse me."

Yet despite that, the girl still had the gall to accuse her of being a Super (not like she was wrong...) and attempt a handshake. Soul glared at Maria's stitched-up hand. She promised it wouldn't come off... "Yes, you've proven to be quite reliable in that regard..."

Soul's tone bit harder than her frost ever could.

Soul sighed what had to be her tenth foggy sigh that day, and accepted. Soul's clammy, albeit smooth, skin was almost painfully cold to the touch.

And as the physics class Soul kept inexplicably falling asleep in tells us, for every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction. Which meant to Soul, Maria's skin was almost painfully warm to the touch, and she quickly retracted her hand with a whispered, "Haah!" She breathed out a shaky breath, and her face turned into a grimace. The girl had given her name, so now she must give hers, and act friendly with her... curse social conventions.

"You may call me Miss Sawachika. I hope you realize this doesn't make us friends."

With Caralyn - Anabelle and Co.

Anabelle's already tiny figure shrunk back further when Caralyn reached out to pat her head again. It also looked like she squeezed Moshi a bit tighter in her arms. Even after Caralyn's explanation of what mehhr-see was, she fixed her gaze to the ground again and let out a "Mmh."

"Don't mind her too much. She's just shy is all." Linda offhandedly told the cheery ice cream woman... who had just offered them more ice cream... for free... after that had happened.

"Uh... heh heh," Hideki chimed in with a nervous chuckle. "Sorry. I think after that incident, we're kinda ice creamed out for a good while. Maybe some time nex- OW!" He suddenly felt a sharp pain in his side, and looked toward the likely source. His wife met him with a stern glare, confirming his suspicions. She had elbowed him just above the hip. Figures she'd try to shut him up. Linda wasn't the type to resist a good sales deal, and this time would be no exception. "Uh. S-Sure! We'd love to see you! We'll see you later tonight! Annie, what do you say to the nice lady here?"

"...Th-... Mehhr-... Um. Thank you," Annie mumbled out. In truth, given what she had just learned, she didn't know which response she was supposed to go with. Her eyes darted around a bit, hoping the choice she made was okay.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Outside St. Martha's

In spite of Soul's sour response, Maria happily gripped her hand. "Nice to meetcha, Miss Sawa!" Her hand was rough and scratchy. There were more stitches across her hand, including along her fingers and along her palm. It felt a bit clammy and stiff, too. But despite all that, her grip was...surprisingly firm.

"Heh, your hand's a little chilly," Maria commented, pulling her hand back. She stared at her palm. "W-Woah. I think it frosted up a bit..." She shook it off with a chuckle. "Heh heh...my nerves are kinda shot, so I guess I didn't notice much." She grinned again. There was something...devious, but not malicious about her smile. It may have just been the sharp teeth giving that impression, but her open personality just kind of...clashed with her offputting air.

"Anyway, I know we're not friends or anything," she said with a shrug. "That'd be pretty shallow to pretend we're friends that quickly, if you ask me. Buuuut I like you! You seem pretty cool. Er, no pun intended. Well...maybe a little."

She started to walk in the direction that Soul gave her, but stopped and span back around. "Hey, Miss Sawa. You wanna tag along? To be honest, I've already forgotten the way there. I'll buy you whatever you want if you lead me there, though!" There was that odd, mysterious smile again.

----

Bean Lately

Leon stared at the drinks Sara brought, and his face went red. "Tch...geeze..." He shuffled through his pockets for a moment before bringing out a wallet. He fished out a few dollar bills, enough to afford the drink, and slammed it onto the table in front of Sara.

"T-Thanks," he said, avoiding eye contact as he took a sip from his drink. When he put the cup back down, he let out a sigh, and lowered his voice to avoid being overheard.

"Look...I'm going to just cut to the chase here. I think we've all figured out what's going on by now." He glanced up to the others. "Which of you is a metahuman?"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Bean Lately - Borealis

Borealis stared at the offered cups of coffee. Silently, she brought out her wallet from her purse and took out money that would pay Sara back for the coffee and then some. She was about to hand the money to Sara when Leon slapped his own money onto the table. While momentarily surprised, Borealis just moved around the group to place her own money on the table.

"Well, if I can't be of any help," Borealis mumbled more to herself than the others and turned to leave, "then I will-"

"Which of you is a metahuman?"

Borealis paused mid-turn. She whipped back around and glared at Leon. Without even thinking, she spat out, "I'd prefer not to be accused of such a ridiculous thing. And given that you were the first to question us, maybe you are the metahuman."
DSY

Post by DSY »

Bean Lately

.....................................................................................SPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPWWWWWWWWWWWWWFFFFFFFTTTTT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah nervously stared at her feet, the tips of her shoes slowly touched each other before moving apart again and repeating.

Blood ran down the fingers of her broken hand and fell to the floor, but not at to consistent a rate.

I should probably put something on that when I get home.

She thinks, eyes turning to her hand.

If nothing else, it seemed like the coffee had sort of calmed things down, the red haired guy was at least drinking some.

Sarah ignored the money on the table.... well actually she just didn't see it in her shaken attempt to grab her own cup for a drink.

Maybe things could finally be getting better. Sarah thought, taking a sip of coffee.

"Look...I'm going to just cut to the chase here. I think we've all figured out what's going on by now. Which of you is a metahuman?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that was how coffee had somehow found its way all over the place.

...SPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPWWWWWWWWWWWWWFFFFFFFTTTTT.....

Sarah coughs, choking back half swallowed coffee while the rest in had gone flying out of her mouth, along with an incomprehensible noise,

"PLAAHFEGAHS!!"

Sarah recoils back, covering her mouth with her injured left hand.

What the-!? She thinks, reaching to the table for some napkins, N-no! No chase cutting! You can't just ask like that!

In her mad grasps Sarah grabs some napkins and wipes her face. She takes a long deep breath and shakes her head to try and snap herself alert again.

During that time it seems that the doctor recommending person had made plans to leave but had not yet executed them.

And Sara just wondered why.

Why a lot of things really; Why had the guy asked, why was the guy so defensive, and why did this have to happen to me?

Sarah sighs, not calm yet but mostly over the surprise.

She turns to the red haired man and holds up a napkin for him to read; [Why do you ask?]
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

In front of the school - Soul:

Miss Sawa.

Miss Sawa.

Soul couldn't exactly put her finger on why she found that as humiliating as she did. Nonetheless, it didn't seem like Maria had any intention of stopping anytime soon. Oh. And she was insisting on having her accompany her to the bakery. Soul's irritation was apparent by her facial expression. She didn't want to have to talk to this Maria person for longer than she had to, but it would be quite unladylike for her to just ditch her here and now.

"...Fine. I suppose. Though let's make it quick. I have other places to be."

Said other places happened to be her house, avoiding everyone else, but she'd keep that unspoken.

On the road - Captain Continent:

Given the Captain's character, one might assume that when he's on the road, the road is his. He absolutely floored it as hard as he could on the way over to the battle with Blockade, after all. Although now, he was being quite conservative with his van. While he still saw no signs of Volt Maxim, the Lucy's Lovers van plugged along at a comfortable rate. Given the state of the vehicle itself, maybe not such a bad idea, but still. The van was driven with more care than expected with Molotov behind the wheel...

...Until an ice cream truck decided to blow right in front of him.

The Pumice Punisher laid on the horn, and stuck his head out out of the window to the best of his ability, ready to shout.

"HEY, F***WIT! MIND THE DAMN SPEED LIMIT, WOULD'JA?!"
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Arcade:

bitgirl and izzy went to the arcade