[RP] Town of the Extraordinary (RP Start!)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

VGBM
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Town of the Extraordinary (RP Start!)

Post by VGBM »

Not too far from City Square, on one of the streets connected to it, is a series of shops, one of which being the Bean Lately Coffee Shop. Inside, sitting at one of the tables with her laptop in front of her was Mimi Queue. She’s actually an employee, but she wasn't starting yet, and when she isn’t working there, she’s using the shop's free wifi.

Suddenly, a distant “BOOM” could be heard, followed by a short tremor not strong enough to spill a drop of coffee in the establishment. Curious, Mimi closed her laptop and peaked her head out the front door. It was hard to tell from this distance, but there was definitely something going on over at the square, and knowing Proprius, Mimi had a good guess for what that something was.

She checked her watch. Yeah, it was still a while before her shift started. “Hey Finnick, I’m gonna go for a walk,” she called to the guy currently behind the counter, “mind covering for me in case I come back late?”

The co-worker just grinned and shook his head.

“Thought so,” she replied as she put her laptop away, before exiting the shop.

Although Mimi never told him directly, he knew it was no coincidence that she “went for a walk” every time some super conflict was going down, or about to go down. She liked to watch super fights, and she especially liked watching them up close. He would’ve suspected her of being a super herself if there wasn’t a different hero (and obviously a different villain) in every fight she went to.

Finnick was right that she only went to watch, but there was still something he didn’t know. Mimi jogged lightly with a skip in her step as she made her way to City Square.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Near the Town Square - Doux Dimanche

The Doux Dimanche Ice Cream Parlor, a place where people of all ages could enjoy a delicious cold treat that brings joy to their hearts. A family business owned by French immigrants, the parlor sits along the road to the town square, near shops like Icington Bakery and the Wayne and Kent's. On a busy morning like this one, the shop had a good number of customers just waiting to get their hands on the famous ice cream sundae served here, the Sweet Sourire. Many say the treat was so deliciously sweet that it put a smile on their faces and brightened their day, but who wouldn't enjoy a cold scoop of ice cream on a hot day?

It is here where we find Caralyn Melanie Dimanche, owner of the establishment, getting ready to begin her day in the staff room. A tall, beautiful French woman with strawberry pink hair styled into several miniature sundae swirls flowing downwards, Caralyn is as sweet as the ice cream she makes. With a smile that can brighten even the saddest of days, Caralyn checks herself in the mirror to make sure she's ready to face the outside world.

"Mmm, such a great morning! I can't wait to start!" Caralyn says as she adjusts the name tag on her uniform. She ties her chocolate brown apron to her waist and puts on her cherry red jerk hat, carefully placing it at the perfect angle so that it still stays on her head with it falling off. Satsified, she smiles at herself in the mirror. It was her shift at the town square today so she had to look her best for all the people who she would be seeing.

"Bonjour, everyone! Let us all start this day with a smile in our hearts!" she exclaims as she comes out from the staff room to greet everyone in the shop. The staff workers she had working today all greeted her back with a smile, as did a few customers who happened to notice her. She makes her way towards the counter, striking up conversations along the way.

"Hello Claude! Is that a new tie? It suits you very well! Ah, Elisa, is that your daughter with you? She's so adorable! Hey there, I'm Caralyn, Enchantée! Go have whatever flavor you want dear, it's my treat!" By the time she makes it to the counter, Caralyn had already greeted half the people in her parlor with a smile and a small conversation, just like she does everyday without fail. She enters the counter and cleans her hands at the sink. She wipes them dry and grabs a paper cup. With the speed and precision of a diving falcon, Caralyn's hands begin to work on creating a sundae. She puts the cup underneath the soft-server's nozzle and creates a perfect vanilla ice cream swirl. She grabs a spoon and takes a generous amount of melted caramel and carefully pours it over the sundae, letting the thick syrup flow from the spoon. Finally, she takes a cherry and gently places it on top of the sundae. It was a quick job, but she was satisfied with her creation: a caramel sundae with a cherry on top.

"Magnifique!" she exclaims with joy. She holds the cup in her hands and faces her employees.

"Alright everyone! I expect you all to keep up the good work. Berry, remember the proper way to serve toppings. Graham, don't be so stiff, move naturally and the rest will follow! And Apple, don't be a klutz and fall over tripping again, be careful! And everyone, what's the most important thing for you to remember?" she asks, her eyes filled with expectation.

"Service with a smile! Doux Sourire!" eagerly shouted all three workers in unison. Caralyn claps her hands like a proud parent happy for their child's accomplishments.

"Parfait! Now if you excuse me, it's my turn at the truck today. Take care everyone!" she says, waving goodbye with her free hand. The bell chimed as she left the parlor through the swinging door. Caralyn makes her way to the small ice cream truck parked right outside the shop. The pink and white truck had a cherry on the top of the roof with a sign reading "Petit Dimanche" on the side. She unlocks the doors and gets in from the back to do her daily pre-shift inspections. She checks the station inside to make sure she had everything ready for today and takes a seat in the front as soon as she sees everything in place. The truck's engine comes to life and a happy little jingle plays from the speakers outside. Caralyn hums the little tune as she stepped on the gas to move forward just a little bit. Caralyn poked her head out the window to greet her neighbouring baker, Barry Bonum, who was outside his bakery.

"Bonjour, Barry~! Catch!" Caralyn waves the caramel sundae and tosses it in Barry's direction as her truck passed by. "Bon apetit!" she says with a giggle before she drives away. As soon as Barry was out of sight, Caralyn sighs softly. "Ah Barry, mon chéri. How I wish I'd fall into those big strong arms of yours." Before she could daydream any further, her cellphone rings from the pod it was placed in on the dashboard, causing her to snap back to reality.

"Bonjour, Caralyn speaking!" she says as she answers it. It was her sister on the other end, so she happily began to chat away while paying careful attention to the road. "Oh, sis! Ma chéri, how are you? Did you just finish your morning exercises? Yeah, I did my warm-ups and went straight to work. Mhmm~! You know how much I love my job! Why don't you stop by? I'll be at the town square today since that's where most people will be at this time of day. Oh, you're already late for work? My my my, sis, you better get going then! I need to focus on the road anyway, au revoir~!" As Caralyn ended the call, she winced and brought the truck to the side of the road with a halt. She had just arrived at the town square, but she felt a chill run down her spine, as if someone had dropped a popsicle in the back of her uniform. It was that feeling again, that feeling of dread she gets when she feels like something bad was about to happen. Did she see police cars parked ahead of her? And was that store up in smoke?

The sound of gunshots ringing out in the air confirmed her fears.

"Mon Dieu! And it was s-such a good morning too. Quelle malchance..." she says with a sigh shaking from fear. Turning the truck around, she drove down the next street away from the square for a bit before stopping once more. She was still near the square, and even though the feeling of dread seemed to lessen, Caralyn ensures her truck is completely sealed and that no one could see the inside.

Caralyn took a deep breath and calmed herself down in the safety of her truck. She opened the freezer with all the containers of ice cream and began scooping up several flavors into a paper cup. She sits down and checks her pockets for her pills, finding reassurance in the smooth glass container that contained her lactose intolerance medicine. Looks like she could have a serving without worry. She takes a plastic spoon from a nearby cup and pokes at her ice cream with it.

"I hate it when this happens... I need to get to work." she says, eating a spoonful of ice cream for comfort.
---
Town Square

Some time passes from the moment when the Petit Dimanche Ice Cream Truck drove by the square in a hurry. As the police officer and car door went flying back, a figure stepped out from the rooftop of on of the building at the corner of the same street as the parked truck. With the sun directly behind the person, it was hard to see their face or what they were wearing, but the shadow was most definitely feminine, sporting what seemed to be a cape right over her shoulder. She was holding something in the left hand, several round objects placed on top of a cylindrical cone. The figure smiled as she listened to the boastful monologue of the armored man terrorizing the square.

"Why yes, this should indeed be fun, mon chéri." called out a sweet voice speaking with a French accent. The figure stepped out from the glare of the sun and leapt from the rooftop. Falling towards the sidewalk and landing with the grace of a feline, she did a pirouette and curtsied in front of the conflict that was happening before her eyes.

"Blockade, you say? Well you seem to have such wonderful luck. I just so happened to be around today when I noticed a commotion happening in the square. If you had picked any other day to show up I probably wouldn't have noticed, but it seems fortune smiles upon you, for you are about to get your just desserts! Hon hon hon!" she says as she laughed. Now that the glare of the sun wasn't covering her, one could see that this woman was wearing a pink fencing outfit and a vanilla white fencing cloak. On her face was a cherry red visor that was tucked underneath the locks of her swirly pink and white hair. The object in her hands was a waffle cone that had three scoops of plain chocolate ice cream.

"Ah, but where are my manners? Allow me to introduce myself." she said placing her free hand on her hip and smiling at Blockade. A flash of light reflects from underneath her cloak as her right hand shoots out to the side, revealing a shining silver ice-cream scoop. "I am the sweet and alluring French heroine of delightful desserts! Here to protect the city of Proprius from the likes of villains such as yourself!" the figure crosses her arms together and strikes a battle pose.

"Je m'apelle Glachérie! Serving justice, a la mode!"
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

St Martha's Academy - Social Studies Class:

"Jacob?"

"Here."

"Frankie?"

"Here."

"Leslie?"

"Here!"

"...Leslie."

"Here!"

"Leslie."

"...Here?"

"Leslie... your arm."

Leslie turned her head to the hand raised to the air-- Or rather, where her arm should have been. Instead was a pixelized stump where her left forearm should be, bouncing and vibrating slightly as the bits that made up her body buzzed in search of the pieces that should be there. The class's eyes were on her, and Leslie felt her body start to shiver with embarrassment. She'd done it again, hadn't she?

For any other teenager, this would be some kind of bizarre nightmare-- But for Leslie Van Kaan the experience was painfully routine. The teacher gave a knowing nod as Leslie sheepishly asked for permission to leave, and she hurriedly rushed out of the classroom, the rest of her body starting to shake and shudder, tiny bit-like cubes shaking up what was otherwise the average appearance of a teenage girl. Like a TV screen zoomed in way too close, Leslie's body shifted from that of an average girl to a series of bits that made up the form, and each bit moved and jittered with a life of its own, like a swarm of bees that had been forced to live as one person. This was her "power", if one could call it that. A bizarre quirk of nature that had been part of Leslie's life since the moment she was born. Her body, instead of flesh and blood, was made up of pieces of "something" that liked to split and bounce against her will; and sometimes, just plain leave.

But no more! She was 17 now; Leslie's body wouldn't defy her any longer. She'd come her for that reason-- Come all the way to California, to Proprius City, to a brand new school where she knew nobody, all for the sake of controlling her powers. It was time to

"Lefty, you just lost your free roam privileges." Leslie muttered, pulling a roll of duct tape from her backpack as she rushed down the halls. "My last class was Algebra... So..."

Leslie looked out the hallway window, all the way across campus to the math building, where her last class had taken place. She was two stories off the ground and several meters away. It would take about 15 minutes for anyone going by foot.

I'll do it in five, Leslie thought with a smirk. Cracking open the window, she dropped her bag off, landing safely in the bushes below. The wind blew through her hair, causing it to split apart into bits as the wind passed through it. Leslie backed up to the end of the hall, taking a deep breath like a sprinter ready for the run. Then, with a grin, she hurled herself out the window.

As if someone had painted a grid across her body, Leslie began to split into a cloud of cubes, separating and then falling in a cloud. She split in two, then to four, then to six, then eight, and finally countless tiny pieces that began to spin and swirl as they headed towards the ground-- And then splattered across the ground like a box of Legos. Not the most graceful landing. Slowly, Leslie's bits began to reform, becoming a foot, then a leg, then a waist and torso, and finally, a dizzy, wobbling teenage girl.

"N-nailed it." Leslie said, plucking her bag from the bush. Shaking off the brunt of the fall, Leslie began to jog across campus, grinning sheepishly at the few stunned students who'd been passing by.

Just another day in the life of Bitgirl.

Downtown Proprius - Two Thugs In A Car:

"...This just in, Town Square has come under attack by a rogue Super, calling himself 'Blockade'. As such, the following streets will be closed down for civilian safety: Dartmouth, Brightside, Murtag--"

Oscar's fist hit the radio, silencing it. The gangsters' car quickly came to a halt, as all around them, cars began to halt and freeze in the middle of Murtag Street. His bright blue lips peeled back into a vicious scowl, as his partner in the driver's seat let out a sigh.

"Of course." Fishlips scowled, his eyes narrowing. "Just as we were starting to close in on the target. The criminals here have fantastic timing."

It had been like this ever since they'd gotten to Proprius. Just one thing after another. For weeks now, they'd been tailing Federico Fairplay, small-time gang boss in Proprius. The slippery devil had managed to get by on the merit of being low enough of a priority, compared to say, beetle-armored maniacs with superpowers busting up town square, but was a big enough problem that LEGION needed him out of the way before establishing their own foothold in Proprius. But time after time, it had happened; a Super emerging at just the wrong time, spooking Fairplay back into the crevice they'd spent so long drawing him out of, leaving the assassins out of luck and back to square one. At this point, it was starting to make him look bad. And there was nothing Oscar hated more than looking bad.

"Can't be helped." Bolvo muttered, putting the car into park. "We're too far now-- The target's likely several blocks away now."

"Perfect." Oscar dug his periwinkle painted nails into his face in frustration. "We should have killed him back at the coffee shop."

"I'll contact the Boss, see if we can get some assistance..." Bolvo said, reaching not into his pocket, but underneath his fedora, and removing a plain black cell phone that looked like it was from last decade. He flipped it open and selected the only contact; but before he could call, Oscar seized the phone, his eyes wide with anger.

"Excuse me? Assistance!?" Oscar cried, his eyes narrowing. "You'd be admitting to the Boss that we couldn't handle a small-time criminal who doesn't even have powers!"

Bolvo raised an eyebrow. "Well we're not getting anywhere as it is. Unless you have any ideas on how to get through several blocks of traffic and police barricades?"

"I will not be made the fool here, Bolbi. The longer that man lives the worse my reputation gets!" Oscar snapped, opening the car door. "I'm going after him on my own."

"What!? Are you an idiot!?" Bolvo cried. "You'll never catch up to him! Put aside your stupid pride! Even if you get to him, what're you gonna do with your useless powers anywa--"

Bolvo didn't finish the sentence, because a second later, Oscar's heel slammed directly into his jaw. Oscar's eyes were wide with fury, as he removed his boot from his partner's bleeding, throbbing face. Bolvo stumbled over, coughing and sputtering as he clutched his face in pain, unable to do anything but twitch and shudder. Slowly, Oscar's rage subsided, and he inhaled sharply through his nostrils-- Relax, Oscar, relax. You're better than him-- This pathetic worm doesn't even HAVE powers. You're already above him.

"That's the difference between you and I, Bilbo." Oscar said, leaning over his injured partner. "What you don't understand is that if you ever want to rise above being a useless, disposable servant, the only thing that matters is your 'reputation'! You must never let anyone disrespect you. Remember that-- And never disrespect me again."

With that, Oscar slammed the door shut behind him, and made his way to the sidewalk.

Now, if I were a small-time criminal in a town rife with supervillains, Oscar reasoned, I'd stick to my hideout whenever things started to get hot. And I know exactly where Fairplay's base is. Just you wait, my slippery prey... With these so-called "useless" powers I'll make you pay dearly for disrespecting me.

Oscar's lips parted, revealing a set of razor sharp teeth in place of his own. Fishlips was on the hunt.
Last edited by Sleuth on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Somewhere On a Bench in Proprius, Not Quite Near the Town Square

If one happened to be walking down a certain street at a certain time, specifically at around the time of the attack by the one calling himself Blockade, one would probably notice a certain woman in a sweater sitting across the street from a jewelry store, wielding binoculars and a somewhat oversized backpack.

Morgan had done this multiple times throughout the week, learning the layout of the place and those who frequented it, waiting for the perfect opportunity to plunder it. With the police's attention on the Blockade man wreaking havoc, she would likely be able to escape with little interference. The man seemed to just be causing chaos for the sake of it, which didn't seem very bright to her, but he was a welcome distraction for the time.

Morgan glanced from side to side, before standing up and crossing the street in a determined manner. Stopping in front of the jewelry store door, she kicked it.

After a short pause, she realized it was a pull door rather than a push door, and, somewhat embarrassed, proceeded to pull it open. With all the customers' eyes upon her, Morgan entered, her backpack jingling slightly as she walked in with purpose.

What was she to say next? This scourge of the seven seas, here to plunder and pillage and overall cause a bit of a ruckus, had to issue some form of declaration to make her presence known. She had to leave her memory burned in their minds so all would know of the menace of Captain Harpoon and her merciless reputation.

"Uuuhh, do you guys have a bathroom in here?" Morgan asked, scratching her head.

Glancing at her in confusion, the clerk silently gestured towards the back.

"Alright, thanks." Morgan quickly muttered, before jingling her way over to the bathroom. Once inside, she set down the backpack and began to prepare.

"Aarrrrrr-dvark. Arrrrrr-chipelago. Arrrrrr-senal." Morgan said to herself, adjusting the hat on her head and sliding her arm into the sleeve of her coat. "Avast, ye hearties, ye hath been visited by Captain Bonnie Harpoon, the illustrious admiral of the Proprius seas!" She continued, putting on the pirate accent.

After this, she turned on the faucets, leaving them running. Putting on her boots, Morgan looked in the mirror, frazzled up her hair a bit, and smiled, satisfied with the job she'd done so far. However, the real work was yet to begin. With the water overflowing and pouring out onto the floor, she took the sword out of the backpack and shoved in the clothes she'd been wearing before.

Allowing the water to pool up a bit, she walked over to the bathroom door. Showtime.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Near City Square

"H-Hold on, Mr. Iciginton-! I! Uh! I gotta go!"

"Bonum, you always 'gotta go', but I need you to WORK!"

"You can dock my pay, sir! B-But it's an emergency! I don't have a lot of-!"

"What kind of emergency?!"

"An...emergent one! It's emerging, uh, very quickly!"

"What?!"

"I'm sorry siiiiiir!"

Local baker Barry Bonum dashed out the door of the Icington Bakery. He was sweating and out of breath, as if he over-exerted himself just stressing himself out. His blonde pompadour bounced up and down as he ran out the building. His bizarrely large musculature seemed undermined by the tight baker's uniform and the apron around his waist.

"Haaangh...haaangh...H-He'll have my head for this...I won't be fired, right...?!" Barry seemed to be very anxious about...whatever. "But it's okay, that's okay...! I can, uh, work with this. Alright, now I just gotta..." He patted around his clothes. "...Oh no."

"Bonjour, Barry~! Catch!"

"Wait, what?!" To Barry's shock, an ice cream sundae came flying at him. He panicked for a moment, but nonetheless, he reached out and tried to grab the sundae by the bowl. He snatched it from the air, and for a moment, he seemed triumphant, holding that ice cream like a torch above his head...before the ice cream slid out from the bowl and landed straight on his face.

"Bon apetit!" the local ice cream girl shouted to him as she drove by. Nice girl.

"Merci, mon amie..." Barry weakly shouted back, caramel ice cream dripping down his neck.

"Barry! What are you doing?!"

From across the street, from out of a rather swanky-looking bar with a sign that read "The Wayne and Kent's", a young woman with a pair of glasses and shaggy blue hair dressed in a bartender's uniform marched up to the baker. "We've gotta get a move on! Like, NOW." She glared at his face and pouted. "...Is this some kind of hobby, or...?"

"It's, uh, a new fashion statement?" Barry chuckled from beneath the ice cream, but the lack of response just made him try to pass it off by clearing his throat. The woman, Dorothy Bonum (though she preferred Dory), the baker's older sister, let out a sigh and brought out a handkerchief to wipe the man's face clean.

"We don't have time for this," she whispered to him. "City Square. The police are already getting their asses handed to them and the guy seems tough."

"Yeah, this sounds serious," Barry said, plucking a cherry from out of his pompadour.

"Don't eat it."

"I'm not going to eat it-!"

"Look, we gotta jet, now. Get in your outfit and-"

"Uuuuuum...look, sis, abooooout that..."

"Oh my god you left it in the base."

"Heh heh...h-heh..."

Dory groaned and rubbed her temples. "Fine...fine, fine, fine! We run in, get your suit, run out, deal with this, and we do it all as quickly as possible. Got it?"

With a heroic shine in his eyes, Barry put his hands on his hips and looked forth. "Let's go."

"You have done nothing worth acting so cool," Dory interjected.

"Why are you so mean to me?!"

The two made a run back into the Wayne and Kent's bar. For what reason? Who could say...

----

Call Center

"Y'hear about that commotion in the town square?"

"No, what's going on?"

"A supervillain is out there fighting the cops!"

"Oh my god!"

"What'd the guy do?"

"I hear he crashed some store, completely wrecked the place. Cops chased him down, and it sounds like they can't lay a finger on the guy! That's just what I'm getting from watching the web, at least."

"Oh jeeze, hope everything is okay over there."

"Why do cops even try with the Supers? They don't do crap against those weirdos."

"Hey man, ease up there."

"Yeah, 'sides, it's not like most of 'em are like...immune to bullets or something. Wait, is that a thing...?"

"Well we've got those hero guys for a reason, they should do their job a bit better! Leave Supers to other Supers."

"I guess so. I just hope everything's okay."

"Like, is that a power? Immunity to bullets? I mean it seems kinda specific but I don't really know how this-"

"That Maxim fella should sweep the situation soon. Hey, you think the guy works for that uh...that what's-his-face? The wanted guy."

"That Dr. Malus dude? Iunno, does it matter?"

"Maybe! Dude's a freak, so who knows."

"I mean it'd be a pretty situational thing, but if you can't get shot, that might be helpful...but like, laser beams would be cooler...hm..."

"Yo, new kid!"

The group of men, dressed in white button-ups and with ties around their necks, all stood around a water cooler, leaning against the wall and chatting. One of them turned towards a young man with a hot auburn head of hair that was holding a Styrofoam cup of water a few feet away from them.

"Oscar, right?" the other man said. "You're bein' all quiet over there. What do you think 'bout this whole supervillain deal?"

The young man took a sip from his water. "No strong opinion."

"Aw, come on, you gotta have something to say, dude."

"I said..." The young man shot a glare towards his co-workers. One that instantly shut them up. "I have no. Strong. Opinion."

He slammed his cup down into the trash can next to him, then grouchily marched off to his desk to work. The others pulled at their collars nervously.

"Yeesh, what stick is up that guy's...eh?" The co-worker leaned over to look into the trash can. There was steam rising up from the cup the young man tossed, and the Styrofoam was melting in the shape of where his fingers once gripped. "Geeze...sign me up for whatever that dude's on..."

----

City Streets

A series of television sets in the window of an electronics store displayed the news. Unsurprisingly, the situation with the supervillain in the center of town was displayed on all of them. A girl with pale hair stood outside the window and watched.

"...attacking the police officer and sending him flying back. The suspect's identity has not yet been ascertained. As we await the arrival of Volt Maxim and Double Vision, we do not yet know if this 'Blockade' man has any ties to the notorious mastermind, Dr. Victor J. Malus. Further information will be available to you as we learn-"

"Maria!"

The girl's attention was dragged away as her friends called out to her. "Hurry up," one said, "we'll be late for class! It'll be fine, don't worry 'bout it."

Maria smiled, her grin filled with sharp fang-like teeth. "Sorry! On my way!"

The girls ran off to school.

----

City Square

The supervillain dubbed Blockade chuckled from behind his helmet. "Glachérie, eh? Never heard of you. You look like another one of those amateur Supers that think they're hot stuff because they can bend a spoon or something. What, you think a soft serve's enough to take me out, little girl?!"

Ignoring the police now, Blockade faced Glachérie and punched his fists together, both still roughly the size of a mini-fridge. The turbines on his back all flared to life, spitting out steam and sparks.

"Well, Miss Dairy Defender, I don't want to waste my energy on small-fry like you when I've got bigger fish just waiting to be fried. But if you insist on putting yourself in the heat of it..."

The turbines hit top energy, and Blockade shot forward, his feet dragging across the street and cracking up more rubble. The turbines on his elbows started to spark, as well. He shot up towards Glachérie, and shot his fists towards her.

"...I'd be happy to MELT YOU TO THE GROUND!"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Near Town Square...

Oscar could feel the ground rumbling beneath his feet, even from a whole street away from Blockade. No big deal. Right now he had to find his target, who would almost certainly be scurrying to his hideout. And as Oscar had learned from weeks of stakeouts, that place was...

The Fairplay Casino, in uptown Proprius. If he managed to get there before Fairplay got into one of his safe rooms, he'd have a chance-- But if the target got there first, it'd be days before they got another shot. And Oscar was not about to throw away his shot.

But now I need wheels. Bolmo is useless and our car will be stuck until this stupid super fight ends; who knows how many posts that'll take? There's gotta be something I can use.

He couldn't just rush into the street and force a driver out. He wasn't exactly packing heat-- Bolvo had all the guns in the car-- so he needed to be a bit more subtle.

Ah, there-- An ice cream truck, judging by the name on the side: "Doux Dimanche". Closed up, no owner in sight. Oscar glanced around. A blue-lipped grin broke out across his face.

Perfect.

Picking up a nearby brick from an alleyway, he quickly smashed in the window-- Not enough for a human to fit through, though. But that was no problem for Oscar Jones. Pulling himself near the crack, he took a deep breath, preparing himself; this was always tricky when he did it on land.

Oscar's face began to extend and warp, followed by the rest of his body-- Then it all started to shrink down, bones and skin and flesh all compressing from a man to a small, blue fish, no larger than a person's hand; In an instnant, Oscar Jones was gone, and a small Blue Tang plopped inside the vehicle, flopping rapidly. Once fully inside, the fish began to warp again-- And in another second, Oscar Jones was back, inside the vehicle.

From there it was a simple matter to hotwire the truck-- He'd been doing it for years after all. The engine rumbled to life, unaware that it was not holding its true master. Oscar gripped the wheel with a shark-like grin, and put the pedal to the metal and took off down the street, heading for Fairplay Casino.

I hope you're hungry, Mr. Fairplay. After all, this IS a dish best served cold.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

City Square - Dessert Darling Glachérie

Glachérie gave Blockade a smirk, playfully taking a bite out of the big scoops of chocolate ice cream as she kept eye contact with him. While the armored giant talked her down, she simply kept that confident and taunting smile of hers. She didn't seem the least bit intimidated by the size of Blockade's fists, even going as far as stifling a giggle by covering her lips with the ice cream scoop in her hand. When he punched them together, she readied herself for an attack.

"If you haven't heard of me, all the better! That'll make the surprise all the more sweeter, darling!" she laughed, taunting the villain. "Now Show me what you can do! It'd take more than those silly hands to scare moi." she took a back stance and waved her cloak, concealing her body at an angle. She held her silver scoop at the back of the ice cream cone and carefully eyed Blockade's next move. The giant launched forward at a speed that almost surprised her, but she had seen this move before already; it was the same attack he used earlier, except with a bigger fist.

More mass, less acceleration. she thought as her legs tensed in anticipation.

Glachérie smiled.

In one swift and graceful movement, Glachérie spun out of Blockade's range, and swiped at the ice cream in her hand with the silver scoop, sending a ball of chocolate ice cream flying towards the ground underneath Blockade. Once she was clear of the attack, she sprung away from the villain, somersaulting in the air and landing a few meters away from him.

"My my, you're a bit slow, aren't you?" she taunted, waving her finger at Blockade and winking at him. "Perhaps you would like some ice cream while you make your way towards me?" Glachérie's flicked her arm twice, shooting the remaining two scoops of chocolate ice cream to the ground at a straight line from her to the opponent. From the side of her waist, Glachérie opened a container and used her tool to scoop out a large amount of white ice cream, vanilla. From a distance, the vanilla seemed to wrap itself around the whole scoop.

"En garde!" Glachérie exclaimed as she jabbed her vanilla scoop outward as she took a fencing stance.

Come on, big guy. You're in for a sweet surprise.
DSY

Post by DSY »

City Square
What started as a normal Super attack quickly seemed to go even more off the rails then normal. Probably having something to do with how Super attacks aren't normal.

A seemingly Ice Cream themed super hero engaged in battle with a beetle themed villain while some fish guy stole an ice cream truck and else where two heroes scurry to go get their suits together to fight the beetle man as well.

And somewhere else, a girl in a yellow hoodie was becoming acquainted with the ground.

--------------------------

Moments prior, said girl was sitting on a bench in the City Square, lamenting her own bad luck.

Today of all days her alarm clock had to go kaput. It was almost noon and Sara was a little more than slightly late for school, unrested, and unprepared for her language arts test.

To her it was just another day in the life of the Cursed Sara, and without a breakfast or any drive she figured another 4 minutes couldn't get her into more trouble then she was already in, before taking a rest on a near by bench and opening up her premade lunch box before the cruel hands of fate struck once more.

And by that I mean Blockade showed up.

His attacks ravaged the poor center and the defending police, and on top of that, one of his stray attacks seemed to blast the bench Sara was sitting on into the air, which brings us to where we began.

The bench hit the ground and so did the girl, eyes closed tightly for the moment when her attacker finishes her.

The moment which never comes, since it would appear her attacker was far to busy with another super. It also possible her attacker did not even realize she was there.

"Well Miss Dairy Defender... I'd be happy to melt you to the ground!" Thunders behind Sara as she quakes with fear, teeth chattering like a hailstorm.

The ground shakes with Blockade's power as he jets forward and.... seems to not hit Sara at all. Wait, did he say; 'Dairy Defender?' who's that?

At this point Sara slowly opens her eyes. The ground around her is completely shredded up, and the bench is broken too and before Sara is the remains of her lunch box, the food spilled out on the ground and the box itself cracked, with the lid lost somewhere. Luckily, should anyone find the lid, they could return it to Sara, as she put her name on the under side of it. And what's more, Sara's domino mask was on the floor, looking right back at her before she snatched it up and rose to her feet.

By the looks of things, we had a super vs super battle going down, and it wasn't hard to figure out which one was the bad guy.
What was hard to figure out was what to do, Sara pondered looking at the destruction of the center.

It seemed that somehow, she had remained this long out of sight from the attacker and the police, but should she stay out? This guy was clearly out of her league, but could.... 'dairy defender' say the day alone? How could Sara know when she didn't even know who Dairy Defender was referring too.

Sara turns back to the battle and looks over to the police whom still seemed to have missed her and sighs. She knew getting involved was just asking for trouble, but... somehow she couldn't let herself run away.

With great speed she took off her hoodie and folded it into her backpack. She took the ribbons out of her hair and put them away too and then placed the domino mask on her face.

Sara's super hero identity was not really well established, in fact she didn't even have a name much less a usual costume, so this would have to do.

She hid her back pack underneath the broken bench and moved in closer to Blockade, wondering what she could even really do to stop him, her only hope being she got close enough to do... anything before he noticed her.

Knowing her luck tho, that wasn't going to happen.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

City Square - somewhere hidden

This Blockade fellow seemed to have already drummed quite the crowd. Despite the danger, these super fights have always attracted onlookers and spectators. One spectator in particular, however, wasn't with the rest of the crowd.

Mimi has been to so many of these things that she had it down to a science. She always knew where to find the perfect spot that gave her a clear view of the fight, but was out-of-the-way enough that she wouldn't be noticed. It was usually in an alley.

She found her spot just in time to see Glachérie's grand entrance. It was a bit hard to hear from this distance, but that was another thing Mimi was used to, so she still got most of it. The battle was now underway and it appeared to be an ice-cream-themed superhero versus an armored man who had the power to… turn himself into Wreck-it Ralph? It looked like this would be an entertaining one.

However, Mimi didn't actually care about the fight itself, she was the one who would be entertaining herself. For starters, she focused on Blockade's fists, which she knew were smaller a moment ago, she then focused on her own right hand, and successfully made it grow to twice it's normal size. Mimi giggled as she watched herself pound her giant right hand into her much smaller left. It was quite the comical sight. Looking around, she dared to get louder. "I'm gonna wreck it!" she half-shouted before she started wildly swinging her big fist around, trying to suppress laughter the entire time.

Bam!

Uh oh. Without paying attention, Mimi accidentally hit the wall next to her, which not only created a much louder sound than she appreciated, but appeared to do more damage to the wall than it did to her fist. With the chaos going on nearby, it still was unlikely anyone actually noticed that, but she figured she should get out of there just in case. She wasn't missing much anyway, fists aside, Blockade was mostly relying on his suit of armor, and Glachérie seemed to be relying on materials she brought with her. Unless Mimi had any ice cream on hand, there wasn't much for her to copy.

Still, it was too early for her to return to the coffee shop just yet… Maybe she'll actually go for a walk.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

City Square

Blockade's fists CLANGED together as Glacherie swung away from him. He growled from behind his mouth and turned towards her. He started to ease up his turbines again, but he came to a realization: his feet were stuck to the ground.

"What the hell?!" Like an insect trapped in gum, Blockade's feet were glued to the floor by the chocolate ice cream this girl had thrown. "Gah...DAMMIT! Don't think you're gonna get away with this, you brat!"

The man's fists returned to their normal size; instead. Blockade pointed the jets on his elbows down to the ground and put full power on them.

"HGRRRRRRAAAAUGH!"

His feet began to lift off the ground, the chocolate ice cream trying to snap him back down to it. After some strain, though, Blockade's feet tore from the sticky ice cream, and he launched up into the air like a bottle rocket. He seemed undeterred, however. Instead, Blockade began to cause his feet to grow in size; they were both bigger than his torso now, and Blockade, using his turbines to speed his descent, aimed them right towards the ice cream hero down on the ground.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Jewelry Store

SLAM.

"Arrr-ha-ha-haarrr! Prepare to be plundered, ya filthy landlubbers! The Demon Captain Bonnie Harpoon takes no prisoners!"

The aforementioned Captain Harpoon cackled as she kicked open the bathroom door, water flowing out from the bathroom into the store, flowing around the captain without a drop touching her.

She strolled purposefully over to the front of the shop, brandishing her sword at the customers as she walked past. "Ye shan't be leaving here without my command, lest ye wish to descend to a watery grave, savvy?" She raised her sword toward the face of one especially frightened man, creating an identical sword out of water while she did so.

The Captain let the water sword disperse, splashing water in the man's face. Opening the backpack, she turned to the counter.

"If ya don't be minding, I'd be liking that booty rather promptly, ya bilge-rat! And I'll be havin' none of that monkey business, or I'll keelhaul ya!" Harpoon jabbed about the clerk with her sword, as the clerk frantically began to toss necklaces and rings into the backpack.

As Captain Harpoon grinned confidently, a small ship took form in the water, sailing around the customers as she glanced at them, only to see a woman taking out her phone and holding it up to her ear. Her grin turning to a scowl, the small ship sailed across the surface towards the woman, crashing into her and dissipating, causing her to drop the phone.

Harpoon dropped the backpack on the counter and began to stomp over and brandish her sword at the woman. "Did ye not pay attention to what the devil I said mere moments ago, lassie? No monkey business!" She then proceeded to stab the phone with her sword and stomp back over to the counter.

Taking the backpack off the counter, a hand rose from the water next to her, pointing toward the ceiling, as she did the same.

"On account of the bilge rat over yonder," A pause, as both her hand and the water hand pointed at the woman whose phone had just been skewered, "I take notice I must sadly be takin' my leave! For five minutes, ye are not to summon the law enforcers, 'cepting if next time ye be wishing no quarter on my part!"

The water hand took the shape of a fist this time, as she stomped over to the doors, the fist punching them open and dissipating as she strolled out calmly, leaving the mess of water behind.

Immediately after leaving the view of the customers in the shop, Harpoon's calm stroll sped up to a sprint, as she ran down the sidewalk, looking about for an alleyway in which to change clothes. "This be exhausting work, but a hell of a haul!"
The Final but not so ending chapter.
DSY

Post by DSY »

City Square

There's a lot that can be said about the floor.

Sure its cold and hard.... and unsanitary. But its also reliable, its always there to help you, and it doesn't complain with the way to step on it all day.

Trash Cans on the other hand suck.

Especially moving ones, because they're always housing some kinda weirdo, like some homeless chump.

Or an unlucky highschooler in a domino mask.

-----------------

With nothing but her fears to keep her company Sara inches closer and closer to the battle from under neither an empty trash can that was blasted by the battle, looking out from under it to make sure she was still going the right way.

Against the armor of Blockade, Sara knew her power wouldn't be able to win on it's own, but sitting around just didn't fly for her! She had standards! and at least some dignity. Some.

But more than that she had a plan! A daring strategy to take this guy down! Her smoking gun! Her ace in the hole!

Throw a rock at him.

Simple yet daring. And not that hard since the ground was littered with many things that, if they weren't rocks they'd still suffice.

Once she got into position, the rest would be history! She assured herself, quaking with every crawl, until the world shook with unnatural force prompting Sara to take a look outside her makeshift shell.

Blockade was on the attack with what seemed to be a full body charge! And worst yet, his target was the Dairy Defender! That was her name right?

Didn't matter, since she was about to be expired in a few seconds!

Sara bit her lip. She had to do something but no matter what 'something' was she knew it'd bring her right into the battle!

...Unless.

Sara took a deep, reassuring breath, and suddenly. Another Sara seemed to run right out of Sara herself and charged forward, running as fast as she could towards the Ice Cream hero in peril.

This new Sara was different then the other one however. While wearing the same clothes, this Sara seemed devoid of fear... or emotions in general. Her features were somehow off, her face for instance was soulless, like a doll's. The Second Sara had only one thought running through her head: "Get The Hero Out of Danger"

The real Sara for her part ran around to try to get behind Blockade.

Looks like plan, Throw a Rock is out. Time for Plan B.... which does not exist.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Somewhere on a bench in Proprius, not too close to City Square

It turns out that walks are tiring.

After wandering aimlessly for a while around the mostly deserted (thanks, Blockade) streets of Proprius, Mimi decided to stop and rest at the nearest bench. While sitting, she looked down at her hand, which was still twice it's normal size. Even at such a size, that punch back there was still a little stronger than it should've been. Mimi had grown used to unexpected side effects like that, but this time it was something that could actually be deemed useful in a battle, when usually it was something useless at best. What usually happened was the whole reason she's not a hero herself, so what happened this time she found a little annoying.

She dug something out of her pockets and now, in her comically big hand she held a simple domino mask made of orange construction paper. Mimi made this years ago back when she expected to actually wear it one day, as part of a full costume. She started to wonder why she still carries that with her. It's not like there's anything that could convince her to put the mask on nowadays (and even if she did, it wouldn't be this one).

Just then, she looked up, and her eyes fell on the jewelry store directly across the street from her, and it was being robbed! And either that place was in serious need of a plumber, or that woman was a super. Initially, Mimi's reaction wasn't much. After all, this sort of thing was commonplace in this town, and they were almost always dealt with. Although, the heavy "BOOM"s in the distance told her Blockade was still causing trouble, keeping any nearby heroes preoccupied. That's weird, normally that famous duo would have finished him off by now. Were they running late or something?

It looked like the pirate lady was finishing up and it was starting to sink in that no one was coming. This put a damper on Mimi's day. It was so sad to think that something like this was happening and there was nobody around who could possibly do anything about it.

…Wait a minute. Mimi looked down at the mask (and at the hand that was holding it), then back up at the robber, then back down at the mask, then back up at the robber, who was now getting away.

---

"Stop right there!" came a shout from behind the fleeing Captain Harpoon. If Bonnie decided to look behind her, she would notice a girl running after her. She was wearing an orange mask, but otherwise average everyday clothes, had average dark hair that went down to her shoulders, and an inflated right hand. Whoever this was, she was glaring at Bonnie real hard. And she looked like she was already out of breath.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Spoiler : App 1 - Soul Sawachika :
Username: The Ash Raichu
Character Name: Soul Sawachika
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance: 5'6" tall. Pale skin, bright purple unstyled hair that never seems to behave how she wants it to, small nose, piercing white eyes. Hair falls to just above her shoulders. Wears a bluish-purple sweater no matter what season it is, along with a plain white dress that falls past her knees, white socks that reach halfway up her shins and sandals as footwear. (No, she's not very fashion-forward. Ask her if she cares.)
Backstory: Soul's powers manifested when she was about ten years old, when her parents thought she had come down with a bad case of hypothermia. But it was quickly realized that this wasn't hypothermia when her breath turned to fog at room temperature. Having had six years to master her powers, she's fairly adept at using them, though it's difficult to hide them, since her body is usually frigid. She attends St. Martha's Academy, trying to live as normally as she can, and is a solid C student, despite how intelligent she may seem in conversation.
Personality: Soul is a person who tends to act more classy than she actually is. She’s quick to look down on someone and call them something like a neanderthal. She’s a stick in the mud who has trouble making friends, not that she thinks this is a problem. She tries to avoid people whenever she can, due to her being a bit of a klutz, and not extraordinarily proficient at much outside of using her superpowers.
Superpower: Cryomancy - Soul's body is naturally frigid. By magnifying the would-be-fluids inside her body, Soul can create and manipulate ice. She can do pretty much anything with this ice that she can imagine. However, using her this power too much results in fatigue or even dehydration, so she needs a near-constant supply of water in order to fight long-term.
Miscellaneous: Skin is usually cold, clammy, and sometimes painful to the touch. Doesn’t like hot things too much.
Spoiler : App 2 - Anabelle Michuru :
Character Name: Anabelle Michuru
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance: 3'3" tall. Pale skin, with big, sky blue eyes. Her hair is chocolate brown, falls just past her shoulders, and is done in two braids. She wears a usually wrinkled pastel pink skirt with darker pink floral patterns on it. Usually wears white tennis shoes, although it's a coin toss as to whether or not they'll be tied at any given moment.
Backstory: When Anabelle was born, her initial health report nearly gave her parents heart attacks. Anabelle's blood sugar levels were obscenely high, and with neither of her parents being Supers, nobody expected her to live more than a year or so at the very best. Her parents kept a close eye on her, and somehow, they'd find pieces of candy lying around they were sure they'd never bought. Pretty much everything else about her was normal, excepting her high blood sugar of course. It was around her second birthday that her parents figured something was up, but didn't want to jump to conclusions. Around her third birthday, they found out that yes, Anabelle really was a Super. Anabelle today lives a fairly normal life, and attends the local public kindergarten, though her peers are a bit jealous that she keeps finding candy everywhere...
Personality: Anabelle is a sweet, innocent soul, as one would probably expect from a girl her age. A tad timid and shy around people (strangers are bad, after all), but still typically a cheerful sort. Quite protective of things she likes.
Superpower: Candy Generation/Manipulation - Anabelle's blood constantly produces sugar, which is the fuel for her superpower. She can expel most of the blood sugar from her body to create perfectly edible sweets, meaning the longer she's gone without using the ability, the more potential the ability has. After some time of having the ability, she even has slight control over the sweets she generates, however it's not an incredibly powerful effect. Furthermore, she only has some control over her ability, and is much more likely to accidentally use it when she experiences significant distress, fear, sadness, etc. Also, it's unlikely many of her attacks would hurt anybody, and would likely come off as an annoyance at worst. Not really offensive, though anyone who can get her to join their cause has a good support/trapper.

Side benefit: Her hyperglycemia doesn't seem to impair her health, so she can pretty much eat as much candy as she wants.
Miscellaneous: Has the uncanny ability to be seen as “precious” to anyone who views her. Also carries around a stuffed animal (think a bear crossed with a cat) she named "Moshi" most places, though it doesn't actually do anything.
Spoiler : App 3 - "Molotov" :
Character Name: Rick "Molotov" Brunston
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance: 6'1" tall. Visibly overweight, but not morbidly obese. Constantly wears his stage makeup wherever he goes, giving him a deathly white face with black X-marks over the eyes and nose bridge. His eyes are a muted beige. He has piercings all along the left side of his face; one in his eyebrow, one in his nose, and two in his upper lip. Has a black greasy mullet that falls to his armpits. He wears a ripped-up black shirt with its entire left sleeve missing, revealing a tattoo of a green snake coiled all around his left arm, with the head at his wrist. A spiked belt holds up a pair of light grey cargo shorts. Wears faded black boots on his feet. Contrasting the rest of his appearance, his teeth are unnaturally well-kept and shiny. Lastly, he wears a single black pauldron on his right shoulder, the sole reason being that pauldrons make you look tough.
Backstory: Molotov is the lead singer for the death metal group "Lucy's Lovers." However, he's awful at keeping secrets, so a good number of people who listen to them knows he's a Super. This has, of course, had an impact with his fanbase, but overall, the popularity of the group has improved because of it. Molotov's powers developed shortly after he dropped out of college, and with his disposition, it was even harder to find a good job, thus, the band. The band was the first time his powers seemed to be appreciated, and he'd even show them off during concerts. After his most recent show in Proprius a few days ago, he was approached by Null, so now the only question left is "Now what?"
Personality: Loud, profane, and thin-skinned, Molotov is someone who could easily be written off as a complete piece of work. However, as intimidating and rough as he is, he holds a strong moral code, and isn’t afraid to call out anyone who breaks it.
Superpower: Body of Rock - Molotov can alter his body composition into pretty much any mineral or crystal he can imagine, crystals tending to take more effort, especially if he wants something like diamond. Through years of experience with the ability, he’s also learned how to grow rocks from his body, though doing drains his energy quickly. Also, he tends to avoid water when he’s fighting, for obvious reasons. In fact, even drinking water hurts him more than it helps when he’s transformed, so leaving his ability on for too long will dehydrate him.

Super Name: Captain Continent
Super Appearance: Dons a rocky helmet with an orange visor, and two rocky pauldrons replacing his one black one. Completely shirtless, keeps his boots, and wears brown spandex briefs like Superman.
Alliance: Allied with Null
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : @TAR :
All three of your apps accepted. Your stories begin.