[RP] Town of the Extraordinary (RP Start!)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Re: [RP] Town of the Extraordinary (RP Start!)

Post by Hesseldahl »

Bean Lately Coffee Shop:

Would heroes exist without victims? Is helping someone selfless or egotistical? Are victims worse than villains, for expecting the world to help them?
These questions didn't matter at the time for Althia, what she needed was someone who was willing to hear what she needed to say, instead of someone trying to comforting her through kind words.
The perfect person arrived, like if god had heard her cries. It was a girl, around her age, which was weird, since girls of her age should have been in school, not in coffee shops.
She offered Althia a tissue, without saying a word, she just stood, there, like a strong comforting pillar.

"Th-tha-thank you for being so kind!"

Althia started crying even harder, she knew the girl probably wouldn't say anything, and she was more than fine with that. Althia is young and innocent, but not stupid, she had been always intuitive to know when things were wrong, despite hardly facing adversities.
She stopped crying, her face was pink, and her eyes looked like blue pearls, even when crying, the word cute would fit her well.

"I've noticed, you haven't said a word, are you...mute? Because if you are I can help you."

Althia tried to subtly imply the fact that she had powers, she felt that, despite fearing the consequences of her power being discovered by people, she had the moral obligation to help. She needed to be a hero, not that she truly wanted it, it was more like an obligation, a moral one.
Last edited by Hesseldahl on Wed May 24, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSY
Spoken languages: English

Post by DSY »

Bean Lately Coffee Shop

Oh my gosh. Sara thought in disbelief, It's like talking to a smiling chibi bunny wrapped up in puppies.

Sara quickly shook her head 'no'.

Help me? With what?

How?

..............and, hey! I am NOT mute!

Altho worrying these things, Sara herself did not physically react to the the girl's offering more than declining it.

But it did confuse her.

Maybe she thought she had some kind of healing power? She was dressed up and she seemed a bit young... maybe she's in character of something?

Then again with how weird this city is and all the super human stuff going on, maybe this girl really could heal people?

But regardless, it was a nice offering, even if a little patronizing.

And the girl's tears wouldn't seem to end either.

Sara pulled out her wallet. She still had a little spending money left.

She needed some more cash to fix her phone but.....

Screw it... Sara thinks, I'm already hundreds to short, what's a few more bucks?

With that, Sara motions to Althia towards the coffee shop, in an attempt to offer her a drink.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Fishlips vs A Small Child:

Fishlips waited for her to take the bait; at that moment, he'd strike. Just a bit closer, and...

Was he really going to do this? Attack a small child? Even for him that was low, even if she had powers. And blast it, that Kemono Friends ringtone was really distracting! Who would be calling at a time like this??

Anabelle got the wallet back unchallenged. His ruse was for naught, and he was still stuck. Now the police were on the way. But he could still handle this. At least the car was still drivable.

CRUNCH.

Okay, now there was a problem.

Oscar Jones had no idea what to expect when the truck's back doors sudenly burst open, rocking the entire vehicle. But god, he would have sooner guessed a good Adam Sandler movie before what he did see.

A large, armored golden man had stepped into the truck, asking for the ice creams. Like a jacked Ned Kelly he busted the doors in with a single kick, like some sort of human that was super. Another Super!? What was happening? Had he been sent here by The Legion?? Or was he a wannabe hero trying to pick up a bounty?? Even though they'd been scouring this city for some time now, he'd never even heard rumors of a golden knight roaming town. This was probably someone else's fault somehow.

Either way, it was time to get the hell out of here. Screw this scheme, screw this family, and screw this Golden One. He had a job to do.

"Go ahead, this is now a self-serve truck!" Oscar said, dramatically busting open the window opposite the truck's other window to escape-- Then remembered he could just. Open the door.

Oscar dropped the contents of mr michiru's wallet at Austin's feet and ran into the street.
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Ice cream truck under new management:

Well… that worked out.

Without a word, Midas took the escaping man's advice and began to help himself, starting with the money he so graciously left behind. With one hand, he scooped the emptied wallet contents, along with the (still ringing) phone into an empty cone he was holding in the other hand. Then he took another cone and started looking at the different flavors, casually humming along to that jaunty ringtone as he did.

Then, an idea struck, why stop at just one scoop? After putting the cone away, the hulking man squeezed his way into the driver's seat. Oh yeah, and better get that before it becomes a distraction on the road. (Just how long is that ringtone anyway?) He fished the phone out of the cone, touched the little green circle, and put it to his ear. The outer cased turned to a gold metal, but that fortunately didn't affect it's functionality.

"Hello?" Midas said as he started to roll up the window, completely ignoring the family on the other side.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

James Lark Makes an Accidental Phone Call to a Televangelist

James was a man of few expressions, but even this sudden change of tone from his boss made him raise an eyebrow. Whenever he'd be on the phone with her (usually because she would call him), the boss would already be screaming in his ear. But what was this with wanting to be called 'Madame'? Was this another one of her games? Since when was she so concerned with what he was feeling? Given the fact that the boss was already less than pleased with him, maybe he should just play along for once. It's not like it'd cause him much trouble, and getting the boss angrier wouldn't help him finish the job, as indifferent as he was to it.

"...Right. Madame." he said with careful enunciation, moving his mouth as if pronouncing the word for the first time ever. "Mm... no, I was not there in fact and I am troubled by the fact that I can't really get to where I need to be for this report because I seem to have misplaced my ID."

He let that thought settle in before he got to the point.

"Do you happen to know where it is, Madame?"

Outside the Bean Lately Coffee Shop - Caralyn

Caralyn had taken to accessing the app to find her phone since the call was taken forever to pick up. She didn't exactly expect anyone to answer the call, but that didn't mean she couldn't try. On the off chance that it did work, then at least she'd have an idea of who had her phone. For all she knew the phone fell out of her truck and a normal law-abiding citizen had found it.

She was in Proprius, the odds of a completely normal person finding her phone were very low. But she still had to try anyway! It was hard to see on the cracked screen, but it looked like the phone was just a few streets away. She might be able to get there fast enough if she hurried.

"Hello?" said a voice of a man coming from the phone. Caralyn jumped in surprise, someone had actually answered! Maybe things were finally starting to look up today!

"Hello! Yes! Oui!" she said, trying to get a hold of herself. "How do I put this... You seem to have picked up my phone! Yes, that is my phone, not yours, thank you for picking it up." Oh wonderful, she wasn't speaking coherently. This could be a thief she was talking to. Not a very smart thief, but it could still be one nonetheless!

"Now, if you would kindly please return that phone to me? I really need that phone. And the ice cream truck it was with. You didn't happen to see one did you?"
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

Bean Lately Coffee Shop:

Can metahumans curse people?

That thought crossed Althia's mind when this girl shook her head to Althia's implication of the girl of being mute. She felt somewhat relieved that she didn't have to use her powers... unless she didn't talk because of some type of trauma, Althia knew that her capabilities of healing people weren't only for physical wounds, but also for psychological problems, for example, if someone was fatigued, Althia could cure the fatigue, or if Althia didn't want to be that fatigued, she could cure only a bit of the fatigue of the person, so the repercussions on her weren't that big.

The girl use her body language to indicate that she wanted to buy Althia a drink, suddenly a half moon appeared on the bunny's face. Althia loved sugary drinks, specially when combined with coffee, they helped her to maintain her energetic and happy.

"Excuse if I'm getting this wrong, but, are you inviting a drink?!" Like the bunny she was, Althia started making small hops.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Outside Bean Lately Coffee Shop

Sara looks back over her shoulder at the girl with her phone.

Sounds like someone finally picked up, now we just gotta hope that the finder isn't some asshole.......

........yeaaaaah, like that's gonna happen.

Worst case scenario I'd have to go with her to reclaim her truck.

....and since I won't know which case scenario it'll be unless I'm there, I'll just have to accompany her anyway.

Sara sighs out and rubs her head.

Why exactly was she willing to stick her neck out so far for these people she didn't know?

Was it hope it'd pay off in the end? Genuine care for others over herself?

Was she secretly planning a trap for them, or perhaps she simply wanted to extend the time she was out of class.

Altho her internal thoughts were interrupted by a the girl she had turned away from asking about a drink.

Sara looks back to the girl and nods; 'yes'

The coffee shop looked pretty empty anyway so it shouldn't take too long to just buy a drink.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Streets
The dreaded scourge of the seas and terror of the streets tried pulling on her leg to no avail, and continued her attempts at sawing away at the substance, when the man in the hat approached, and her pursuer approached ever closer.

Morgan growled at the man. "What blasted devilry be this?! The bilge rat's the one got me into this mess to be starting with, yarr! And who be ye to judge me humble enterprise, ye smug landlubber? Even Blackbeard began someplace, no?" Her attempts at sawing at the substance increased in speed, as she seemed to be sweating nervously a bit.

"Do ye want a cut o' the loot? Is that it?" Morgan turned to look back at her opponent, ever nearing, before turning an inquisitive glance at the man again. "Hold off a moment, has my legacy truly spread that fast? Are the papers already speaking of my exploits? How do ye know who I am?" She continued her sawing. It seemed to be having some effect? If she managed to loosen its hold a bit, she might be able to make a run for it, at the cost of half of a rather nice pair of boots. Unless she sped up or the man in the hat was of any help, by the time she managed to saw through it completely her adversary would have caught up. And just who was this mysterious man anyway with his knowledge and smugness? She continued to saw, glancing nervously at the man.
Spoiler : Throwing in Another One :
Username: Doctor Lacking Allegiance
Character Name: Miriam Menendez
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance: Image
Miriam has long, wavy light pink hair that goes past her shoulders in a sort of undercut style, and appears to have dark rings under her eyes, possibly from lack of sleep. Her usual outfit consists of a light purple button-up shirt, brown goggles with green lenses usually worn on top of her head, a white lab coat with pens filling the pockets, black pants with a plaid pattern, and brown sandals. She wears a ring on each finger of her left hand, except for her thumb, of course.
Backstory: A successful physician, Miriam, while satisfied with her trade, grew curious on the nature of people's unusual abilities. What caused them to develop? Where did they come from? Could any source be figured out? How could her own be put to good use? There weren't any active volunteers for this research, as most of her patients were ordinary folks, and she wasn't going to find out just sitting around, and so took matters into her own hands.

Offering her services as both a medic and superpowered individual herself, Miriam eventually found herself in the employ of the Birds of a Feather Gang, an avian-themed group of supercriminals. On the condition that they allowed her to study their abilities, she would help them boost their own before heists and tend to any wounds they might acquire, mostly staying in the getaway vehicle rather than actively assisting in any robbery. She still received her own secret identity, and would occasionally make appearances with the group, but for the most part she would just observe.

Due to lack of much proper planning, the group was eventually caught, and Miriam with them. While she was arrested for serving as an accomplice for their criminal activity, the government decided her research could be of use. After serving a short prison sentence, she was set up with her own office to serve as a neutral ground for both superheros and supervillains to seek medical assistance, allowing her to continue her practice and receive further volunteers to observe. Now running the Sawbones Clinic, Miriam remains a neutral party while offering both her services to any who visit.
Personality: Despite formerly associating with supervillains, Miriam is not inclined towards evil, having done so only for her research, and not having any wish to continue villainy now. She's interested in scientific advancement more than any selfish purpose, and believes that even her villainous patients have good in them and may stop their evils eventually, joking around with patients regardless of their alignment. She will not allow any violence between supers within her clinic, having to break apart arguments several times in the past, and having since made precautions for such. She has a love of theatrics, and enjoys putting on a mad scientist act for her patients, even if she remains neutral.
Superpower: Power-Boosting - Miriam has the ability to increase the strength of other supers' abilities, perhaps allowing for better range, greater effectiveness, or merely making it more powerful depending on the nature of the ability. She'll need to touch the other individual for it to take effect, and its effects will only last around an hour or so before needing to be reactivated.
Miscellaneous: She keeps in contact with villainous patients that have been jailed, checking on their well-being and making sure their accommodations aren't too bad.

OPTIONAL: SECRET IDENTITY
Super Name: Il Dottore
Super Appearance: A white plague doctor's mask with black hooded robes. The best the Birds of a Feather could think of on short notice.
Alliance: Formerly villainous, now neutral
Miscellaneous: Retired from use, though she'll occasionally bring out the outfit for laughs.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
shadowjoe323

Post by shadowjoe323 »

Spoiler : App :
Username: shadaaowjoe323
Character Name: Camouflage McGee (Only known name)
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance: Very very muscular and fit. He wears camouflage shorts and a camouflage safari hat, as well as camouflage sandals. He never wears a shirt. Has a fair complexion. He's completely bald, and has a large blond handlebar mustache. Very tall, around 6'3", and generally intimidating.
Backstory: Almost nothing is known of Camouflage's early life, but in the past he was a well known superhero. After a few years though, he gave up that lifestyle and went into hiding. He disappeared from the public eye forever since then.

No one knows that he's been living atop Proelio Tower, observing the city for Supers with potential. Unlike Null, he doesn't have an official league. He prefers to mentor every Super he can, inspiring passion in the next generation of heroes. It's unknown why he does this in the odd way he does, but it seems to be effective.
Personality: Although he's physically intimidating, Camouflage prefers not to fight when it can be helped. He has a strong sense of morals and is very passionate about them. He's also quite mysterious, very few know anything about him. He tends to get fired up when he's mentoring others.
Superpower: Camouflage McGee has the power of camouflage. He can make his skin blend in to the environment around him from all angles, so he appears invisible (he insists on it being camouflage and not invisibility), as well as anything he's wearing or intends to camouflage, but it takes more effort to camouflage anything more than himself and clothes. Can also be used for only parts of himself, not just his entire body.
Miscellaneous: Camouflage McGee isn't confirmed to be his real name, but no other name is known for him. It's unlikely his parents named him that, but it's possible.

OPTIONAL: SECRET IDENTITY
Super Name: Camouflage McGee
Super Appearance: The same as he usually wears.
Alliance: Currently not working for anyone, but he's on the side of good.
Miscellaneous: He carries brass knuckles for if he must enter combat, as well as binoculars, in his camo pants. Both of these have a camouflage design.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : @DLA and @ShadowJoe :
Both accepted. Your stories begin now.
The Streets

"I'm less interested in a cut of your loot than I am in cutting a deal," the shark-grinned man said. He leaned against his umbrella almost uncomfortably close to Morgan as Mimi was running up, and out from his coat, he pulled a business card. He slid it quickly into the pirate's hand. "Now, I do think you should run off, shouldn't you? I don't know why you're still sticking around if you're on the run."

He pointed down to her feet. The sticky substance that had kept her in place was no longer there - all that was left at her feet was a pile of ashes.

"Tally-ho, Miss Avery. I do hope you consider my proposal."

The man patted her on the shoulder and walked past her, towards Mimi. He leaned against his umbrella and gave her a quizzical expression. "Dangerous? Pssh, there's little danger in the wonderful town of Proprius, young lady! Well, if you're not running through the streets, that is! You might slip and fall into traffic, you know, you really SHOULD be more careful!"

The card now in Morgan's hand was a black card with white text - "THE DELIGHTFUL DR. MALUS - Searching for Supers ready to change the world! Interested? Call at (555)555-5555 for more info!" - and a cartoonish logo with a monocle, top hat, and that man's shark-like grin.

----

Bean Lately Coffee Shop

Just outside the coffe shop, a rather...intense young man passed by Caralyn. He seemed upset...in fact, he seemed to be LITERALLY steaming.

The doors to the shop burst open, and the young man - a red-head wearing loose business attire and a pair of fingerless gloves - entered...and he did not seem to be happy.

"Out of my way."

The man stomped past Althia and Sara as they were headed in for a drink. He approached the counter and SLAMMED his fists onto it, causing the barrista to jump back in surprise. The glare he gave the poor man was borderline deadly. "Coffee. Black. Now."

"W-w-w-what siz-"

"WHATEVER SIZE!" the man roared out, slamming down a random amount of one dollar bills. The terrified barista nodded, grabbed the money, and, as fast as he possibly could, prepared a cup of black coffee and placed it on the counter. The young man snatched the drink and stormed off before he could even get a "Please come again".

The young man sat down in a corner table by the windows. He angrily drank from his coffee and tapped his fingers on the table as he muttered to himself. "Damn telemarketing jobs...Stupid assholes ask stupid questions, and I get fired for it?! If they don't want to get yelled at, maybe they shouldn't be such freaking jerks! And villain fights blowing holes in my hotel...'Closed for maintenance' my ass!" He chugged more of his coffee. The steam coming from the drink was intense...in fact, it seemed to be getting more intense over time. And something smelt burnt. Needless to say, this guy seemed a little intense.

----

St. Martha's Academy

A bell chimed and a message came over the intercom.

"Attention, students. There has been a supervillain incident in the city square today. Although the situation has been dealt with, for the student body's safety, classes will be cancelled for the rest of the day. Please have a nice day.

---

"Seriously?" one girl said. "That's, like, the 4th time this month."

"Can't the dudes just chill out for like, one week?" another replied.

"Maybe they're compensating for something."

"Wouldn't doubt it."

The two girls' friend stood up and stretched with a loud yawn. "Aw well! At least we get to chill out of school now, right?"

"You seem awfully relaxed, Maria," one of the girls said with a smirk. "Not spooked my supervillains?"

"Of course not!" Maria said confidently, a sharp grin on her face and her fists on her hips. "I'm a Super, too, y'know. I bet I can take them on myself!"

"What are you gonna do, fall apart all over them?"

"Maybe!"

The three girls giggled as they all stood up to leave the class.

"Oh!" Maria suddenly said. "I should head to the bakery, actually! My mom's birthday's soon. I wanted to surprise her with a cake, but haven't really had the time to go get it. This might be a good chance..."

"Want us to head there with you?" one of her friends asked.

"Pssh, naaaaw, I got this!" Maria said dismissively. "It'll be super quick and I know the way there. Besides," she grinned, "I know you get super spooked whenever there's an attack, and I wouldn't want to see you cry~!"

Her friend blushed. "I-I do not cry! That often..." She sighed. "Alright, just be careful, okay? Don't be too stubborn to ask for help if you need it."

"You worry too much!" Maria shrugged. "But alright, I promise. Seeya!"

The group split up, and Maria stopped in front of the school to take out her phone. "Heh heh...I maaaay have forgotten where the bakery is." She scrolled through her apps to bring up a map, standing there on at the edge of the campus.

----

City Square

Volt Maxim stood about for a moment, tapping his foot and thinking heavily. "Hm...What to do, what to do...AH!" He slammed his fist into an open palm with revelation. "Alright, Captain! If the evil forces of Dr. Malus and his goons are growing, then I believe it's time that we take the initiative ourselves! Let's find some potential recruits! We shall scour this city for Supers with a heart full of justice and bring them to the side of good! We may have a rain-check from the Ice Cream Crusader, but I'm confident we can walk away today with some bright new recruits!"

He paused for a moment, then nervously twiddled his thumbs. "A-At least until DV tells us what we should do next."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

shadowjoe323

Post by shadowjoe323 »

It had been quite an eventful day in Proprius, even more than average for the peculiar town. A villain attack, robbery, stolen vehicle. Yet above it all Proelio Tower stood tall, watching it all unfold. A beacon of pride for the city, reaching out to the heavens. And posing majestically at the top of this beacon, watching these events unfold, was Camouflage McGee. A muscular man with an unnatural affinity for camouflage.

After his daily majestic posing session, Camouflage returned to his seat, a modest lawn chair positioned by the railing. He'd been getting restless from watching the events of the day unfold. Though his days of heroism were in the past, he had still yearned to go out there and help the next generation of heroes. He put down his camouflaged binoculars and turned on his trusty ol' CRT television to see the news coverage of the events that had unfolded today.

"Earlier today a jewlery store was flooded and robbed. The witnesses claim it was the work of a nefarious Super, calling herself 'Captain Bonnie Harpoon.' Police have yet to capture any suspects matching the description of the culprit. More updates coming as they arrive. In other news of villainous Supers, we have coverage of the Blockade incident from earlier today arriving as soon as our team does. We're very sorry for the delay."

Camo turned off the tv and stroked his mustache. "Hrmph. It seems I may yet have something to do today... GRAND EXIT!!!"

With this, Camouflage performed the grand exit he'd practiced oh so many times before. If anyone were around to see it, it would appear as if he had jumped off the roof and camouflaged himself mid jump. However Camo values safety above style, though not perceived style. He had really just jumped to the edge, camouflaged himself, and pulled himself down to a nearby fire escape. From there, he climbed into a window where no one could see him. Then, he waited for someone to take the elevator to the bottom floor. When he inevitably got impatient, he instead began to run down the many many stairs. This procedure was partially how he was able to keep in such good shape. Eventually, he'd stand right where he would've landed had he truly jumped off the roof, and pose majestically! While still camouflaged of course. If a shirtless muscular man appeared out of nowhere and started posing, he'd draw too much attention. Camouflage is a man of showmanship, though most of it is for himself.

Camouflage sat down for a bit to catch his breath. Knowing when to let your body rest is one of the rules of his muscle credo after all. After he had sufficiently rested, he began to power-walk over to the scene that he had observed before, prepared to help the next generation.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Streets

The illustrious Captain Harpoon watched the fancy man warily, before noticing that she was no longer sawing at anything. Cutting a deal, he said? Was he some kind of lawyer? She supposed it would make a bit of sense. She glanced at him suspiciously, before nodding. "Very well, then, landlubber! I shall be considering this here proposition of yours, but a captain's life is a busy one! Tally-ho or whatever the devil!"

She quickly sped up to her former speed, glancing back for a moment and seeing that the man had stopped to talk to her opponent. Strange guy. Definitely a lawyer or something, then. She turned a corner, then through an alleyway, around another corner, and further down another street, before stopping. She'd definitely lost the girl by now, with her unusual hand and gloppy crap. Slowing down to a walking pace, she read the business card she'd been given, not realizing how conspicuous she must look.

The Delightful Dr. Malus. Sounded like some kind of weird magician or other, but it seemed he was looking for Supers to help change the world. Not really what magicians usually did, but maybe his deal was a bit different? Unless... There had been a Dr. Malus in the news. The guy was bad news, it seemed, though he certainly made for good news in terms of headlines. Not necessarily good good, but interesting to read about at least. Could that have been him? It didn't make a whole lot of sense that he would take the time out to help a humble entrepreneur in a bit of a fix, nor did he really seem like the type to describe himself as delightful. Still, it might've been. And he had said Avery, hadn't he? Somehow he knew of Morgan Avery, not simply of the dreaded pirate Captain Bonnie Harpoon. Something to worry about, possibly. Though the dread captain worked alone, she would keep the card around. Something to consider, possibly. Looking back to make sure she hadn't been followed, she strolled leisurely through the streets, humming a sea shanty to herself.

Sawbones Clinic - Waiting Room

The waiting room, despite the name of the place, was decorated pretty tastefully, with several chairs, a potted fern, a water cooler by the door, and a small table with various magazine and comic books on it. The one strange bit was the cardboard skeleton decorating the door into the actual doctor's office. Otherwise, it seemed like an ordinary waiting room.

There were only four patients waiting this morning, here for check-ups and the like, and they waited in relative calm, the room quiet for the most part. At that moment, another patient arrived in the waiting room, cursing and rattling as he entered. He seemed to be dressed in a modified green tennis uniform, with an eye mask attached to the visor, and a tennis racket strapped to each arm, though one arm was in a makeshift sling, and he had leaves in his wavy blonde hair. He knocked into the potted plant as he sat down, frowning at the other patients. It was not an unusual occurrence for superpowered individuals to step in during regular office hours, though most at least made an effort to conceal their identities. With this man, it wasn't exactly necessary, as nobody really knew who he was, but it was beside the point.

After a few moments of uncomfortable staring, the door to the doctor's office opened, and the doctor herself leaned out, her goggles down over her eyes. "Next victim, please!" She smiled menacingly, then cleared her throat. "Kidding, you guys. A Mr. The Racketeer here to see me?" The recent arrival stood up, nearly hitting one of the other patients in the face with the other tennis racket, and shuffled into the office, grumbling as he did so. The doctor then flashed a pleasant smile to the other patients, before shutting the door behind her.

Sawbones Clinic - Doctor's Office

Miriam's office, like the waiting room, seemed more mundane than one would expect from the name, though it was decorated with cardboard skeletons, fake cobwebs, and some random things in jars as well. "So, Mr. Racketeer, second time this week, huh? What seems to be the damage?" She sat down in the rolling chair, rolling it across the room, as she picked a clipboard off her desk and clicked her pen.

The Racketeer, as he was known, had seated himself down in the plush armchair opposite her desk. He didn't seem particularly happy to be here, but answered anyway. "It's my arm, doc. Been practicing my moves and stuff so's I can whack some fools lately, and it's not been feeling too hot. The Racketeer's gotta be operating in full swing, if ya get my meaning." He made a feeble attempt at a pose, wincing as his arm hurt again, and hitting the wall. "So, I came to ya, since I don't know how to fix this dealie."

Miriam nodded, scribbling a few notes on her clipboard, before rolling over to him. "Hmm... I see. I'm afraid it's very serious, Mr. Racketeer." She clicked her pen and looked at him gravely. "We're going to have to remove your whole arm." The Racketeer, in response, flinched, hitting himself in the face with the racket not in the sling. "Gotcha!" She cackled. "Nah, it's just a simple case of tennis elbow. You're just going to kind of need to rest it a little bit, maybe get some kind of strap for it. It'll be fine soon enough."

The Racketeer stared at her unamusedly. "Jeez, lady, you nearly killed me there for a second! Anyway, you're telling me it's nothing? The Racketeer's back in business?" He stood up to attempt another pose, before she held up her hand to stop him. "Not so fast, my man. By rest, I mean for a while. No running around trying to whack fools for at least a week. Consider it a little bit of a vacation." She clicked her pen and scribbled some more notes. "And, friendly advice. Maybe give it a rest in general. You don't have any powers to speak of, and your whole thing is whacking people with tennis rackets. You're going to get yourself landed in jail if you just go around doing that, probably not even by one of the big guys like the Electric Dude. If you're really sure about doing it, reconsider your whole shtick, but as your doctor, I'd say don't."

He stared at her, considering this for a moment, before standing up. "I getcha. This means... The Racketeer's back in action! Woo!" He tried to pose again, wincing. "Thanks a lot, doc! I'll put some ice on it or whatever, and then I'll get back to ya! Yeehaw!" He opened the door to her office and strolled out, getting one of the fake cobwebs in the hall stuck to the racket as he shuffled back out to the waiting room, and then out. Miriam sighed to herself. "That one's never going to learn, I can tell. Shame they're not letting me charge these guys." She set her clipboard down and rolled down the hallway, over to the waiting room door. "Next one, please!"
The Final but not so ending chapter.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Outside Bean Lately

Something ran down Sara's face.

It was small, wet and gross..... oh it was sweat.

The sun was rising higher in the sky, yet Sara seemed to be getting much warmer much faster than she should.

She began fanning herself with her hand, but before she could even question where the heat was coming from, some rude, red head stomps past her, knocking her to the ground as he moves past and into the coffee shop.

As her back hits the ground, her mind rolls its metaphorical eyes at the guy.

Of all the times, of all the days of all the goddamn coffee shops, this guy had to come to this one today.

Sara climbs back to her feet, brushing the dust and dirt from her hoodie, all the while shooting the rude intruder a sharp, angry glare.

Just what I freaking needed today. Sara thinks shaking the dirt loose from her clothes.

Dusted off however, Sara remembers the girl she was just speaking too..... or not speaking too.

She looks back to Althia, and checks if she's okay.
Hesseldahl

Post by Hesseldahl »

Outside Bean Lately

Althia was on her own business, thinking about the sugary beverage she was going to take, but suddenly a man, in his 20's pushed both her new friend and herself, her friend falled into the ground, and Althia just stood there, watching him yelling at the cashier, demanding a coffee, this was more than enough for Althia to start trembling, then the man took a seat started rambling at himself, it seemed like he was about to turn on fire, no it didn't seemed like, he was going to turn in fire if Althia didn't do anything.

Her mute friend stood up, and looked at Althia, worried for her well being.

"Do-don't worry! I can solve this." Althia managed to mumble to her friend.

Still shaking, Althia runned to where the man was, took out her gloves and touched the man's face, all in less than three seconds, she assured the man didn't had the time to properly react so she could use her power to her fullest.

Althia started feeling angry, extremely angry, her power had worked, the man needed to be calm now...But Althia.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU DUMBASS! DIDN'T YOUR MOTHER TEACHED YOU HOW TO RESPECT OTHERS?!"

She slapped Leon.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Bean Lately

Leon continued mumbling and grumbling to himself. The barista was desperately turning the AC's temperature lower and lower; for some reason, this guy's mere presence seemed to be heating up the shop. Leon didn't notice; he was solely focused on his own muttering. "Goddamn supervillains, goddamn telemarketing, goddamn customers..." His coffee was literally boiling.

But, while he was distracted by his sheer rage, Leon didn't notice someone approach him. But he did notice that he was slowly feeling...a bit less angry? Significantly less angry, actually. Weird. He was sorta starting to numb to how pissed off he was. "...I guess it's not THAT bad...I mean, the hotel said they'd compensate guests inconvenienced by the damage...and telemarketing was a crap job anyway, so it's not like I'm losing too much getting out of there. Yeah, I...guess this isn't that bad..."

The air was cooling down quickly. Leon's coffee was simmering down and stopped bubbling. Leon himself let out a sigh of relief. "Yeah, I think things are gonna be-"

And then he was immediately being yelled at.

"...U-Uh...Sorry, did I do somethi-"

And then he was slapped.

"........"

There was a moment of pause where nothing seemed to happen, and the shop stood still...

A pillar of scalding hot coffee shot out from Leon's cup, like a volcano erupting; the mug melted in his hands. His hair stood on end and waved around like a fire, and his expression was akin to a dragon whose slumber was disturbed. The fire alarm set off in the coffee shop. Leon stood up and glared down at the girl who slapped her.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WROG WITH ME?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! I'M TRYING TO MIND MY OWN BUSINESS HERE AFTER A LONG, TOUGH DAY, AND HERE COMES SOME BRAT SCREAMING IN MY FACE AND SLAPPING ME?! I AM NOT! IN! THE! MOOOOOOOOOD!"

The young man was sweating smoke, and his words were laced with a lick of fire. It was...not hard to imagine what this guy's deal was. If he didn't want to convince anyone he was a Super, he was doing an awful job at it...though at least the barista didn't seem to notice, given he was now hiding underneath a counter.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!