[RP] Town of the Extraordinary (RP Start!)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DSY
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Town of the Extraordinary (RP Start!)

Post by DSY »

Bean Lately? More like BURN Lately

Being a secret Super, Sara wasn't unfamiliar with things going down hill fast.

But being that Sara barely knew these two, she certainly did not expect things to escalate like they did.

The moment Sara saw Althia run into the Coffee shop after the rude red head, Sara instinctively swallowed in concern.

The moment Althia slapped the rude red hair, Sara's jaw metaphorically hit the floor, while the wallet in her hands literally touch downed.

As if that wasn't bad enough the guy just bolted up from his seat to start yelling at the girl.... and man he had some grip, looks like he just destroyed his coffee to boot.

Sara gulped again, she knew, oh she knew, once you get to this level of: 'Royally Pissed' things only get from bad to worse.

Fear started to envelop Sara's head, like a hat made out of worry.

But not fear for herself, for everyone around her.

Super Pissed Red Man, was clearly a super from the steam coming out of his head and the fire spit.

That or a robot.................

...........Nah, robots are usually pretty chill.

Sara shakes her head and gives herself a motivational slap in the face before picking up her wallet and rushing in, placing herself right between Leon and Althia, arms out stretched so as to cover more space.
Spoiler : OOC :
For the sake of convenience, I'm using the character's names even tho in Universe Sara does not know Leon nor Althia's names.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Bean Lately

Fire, what humans fear the most, after death of course.

Althia had made the situation worse, handling all that fury was hard for herself, but she needed to, since the man was now literally going to turn into the pure form of rage, fire.

From nowhere Sara quickly appeared in front of both them, trying to avoid conflict, but something was clear, at this time, conflict needed to occur.

I am sorry, my friend.

Althia with all of her accumulated force, pushed Sara to the side and jumped to touch Leon's face.

She started getting angrier and angrier, it was working, but this time, she also was getting hurt...But It didn't matter. She let out a scream, once she felt that Leon's anger was all in her, she separated from him and punched a wall.

She punched it so hard, that her hand started bleeding, she cried and fell into the ground.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Bean Lately Coffee Shop

Why is everyone throwing me around today!?

The thought ran through the mind of the distressed Sara, as she fell one more to the ground.

If the floor could talk, it'd probably say: "Oh, welcome back! Make yourself comfortable." as it poured Sara a cup of tea.

That or it'd make a noise like: "Urh!" just as Sara did when she hit the ground again.

Sara propped herself up, eyes still closed from the shock of being pushed down. She shook her head and rubbed the sore spots with her hand, before hearing Althia's scream forced her eyes wide open.

Sara quickly tried to reestablish her bearings before noticing Althia crying with a bleeding hand.

She hurriedly rushes over to her, but upon getting to her, realizes she doesn't have much she can actually do.

She doesn't carry any kind of first aid on her or anything of the sort, and she's been told trying to stop bleeding wounds with napkins is just asking for trouble.

Unsure of what would be a good idea at all, Sara just sits down next to Althia and tries to give her a calming *pat* *pat*
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

St. Martha's Academy - Soul:

"Attention, students. There has been a supervillain incident in the city square today. Although the situation has been dealt with, for the student body's safety, classes will be cancelled for the rest of the day. Please have a nice day."

Well, that was that, Soul supposed. She was just about to leave the bathroom to start heading to class, but now that it was no longer necessary, she decided to linger a while longer and try to stuff her uniform into her backpack like she always did when school got out. Though through all the clutter in there, she couldn't fit all of her sweater in there. As much as she jammed it in, she was left with a single sleeve sticking out of the zipper. Deciding this was acceptable, Soul walked out of the building, inadvertently making a few people shiver briefly as she passed them.

As she left the building, she saw a couple of other girls chatting, and another departing. It was difficult to tell from the distance, though it looked like she had a couple of stitch-patterned tattoos decorating her body in various places. She was just standing there, on her phone like everyone else in that place. Soul paid her no mind, walking past her, carrying with her a noticeable chill.

Ice Cream Truck - The Michuru Family:

Mr. Michuru briefly jumped to the side when he saw a man in golden armor approach. Unlike the lipstick-wearing punk, he was... actually pretty intimidating. He managed to get a glimpse of Fishlips running away, so either this guy was really good news, or really bad news. And judging from the way he just sat himself down without any clear intention of getting back up, he was willing to bet it wasn't the first.

Though interestingly enough, it seemed like he wasn't very interested in Mr. Michuru's valuables. Though on further thought, his armor *was* made of gold. So unless the market price of gold dropped significantly overnight, it would make sense that he wouldn't be concerned. Still, though. Messing with this guy was nothing but a bad idea. Though he had to get his things somehow.

Wait.

He was taking a phone call. He was distracted! He moved over to his family and knelt down in front of Anabelle. "Hey, cupcake. Think you can help me out?" Anabelle squeezed her stuffed animal tightly and vigorously nodded her head, her face lighting up. "Alright, then." He guided his daughter near the door. "Going up, ready?" Being as quiet as possible, he lifted Annie into the air as high as he could, giving her a view through the window, and her father's money inside. He then put her down with a considerable exhale. "Whoo! You're getting a bit big for that, Annie... But did you see Daddy's things in there?" Anabelle nodded again. "Think you can make some kind of rope or something?"

Anabelle nodded again, and white grains appeared from her body a third time, congregating at her feet, linking together, and twisting. Soon, it started turning red as well, until the white grains stopped trickling out of her body. Much as she tried, she was running out of sugar in her blood. Soon, a string of red licorice laid at her feet, a bit longer than she was tall. "I can't do any more..." Anabelle said, somewhat disappointed. "Hey, that's okay. Thanks, Annie. I'll take it from here."

The man then started scraping the taffy off the tire of the truck, and wadded it up on the end of the licorice rope. A bit makeshift, but it'd have to do. He fed the rope through the window, either behind or above Midas' head, so as not to draw attention. He fished a bit, trying to get his belongings to stick to the taffy, hoping he was sneaky enough not to be noticed.

City Center - Captain Continent:

"I don't f***in' know! Maybe you'd rather go recruitin' all by your own damn self, since I'm such a bad f***in' salesman!" The Captain burst out, more defensive than he had intended. "Though I guess evil isn't gonna go deck itself or whatever. Two heads are better than one or some s***. Just wait up for me. I ain't cut out for the whole movin' 'round bulls***."

He stomped on back to his van, and flew back into a rage when he saw his bandmates were still there. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DUMBA**ES STILL DOIN' HERE?! SCRAM! GO TO THE F***IN' BAR OR WHATEVER THE HELL! I'VE GOT BUSINESS!" The other four band members piled out, and Molotov drove the van away with not nearly as much urgency as he had arrived on the scene with, searching the telephone lines for any sign of Volt.
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Psiya's studio:

Madame clapped her hands together, "Ah! Missing items, that I can do." A few chuckles emerged from the audience, likely catching wise to what was really happening. Madame ignored them as she pretended to be none-the-wiser herself. Social media is going to eat this up, she thought.

"Alright caller, I'm going to take you on a journey. Are you ready? I want you to close your eyes, and I'll take you back to the place where you last saw the item. Can you see it clearly? I want you to describe that moment to me. Everything you saw, heard, smelled if you can remember." A few more chuckles from the audience, these ones the caller might be able to pick up on if their hearing is good enough.

The Streets™:

Mimi couldn't put her finger on it, but there was something about this man's unusually calm demeanor that unnerved her. She didn't have time to think about that, though. He was now walking away from the criminal and that's what was important. The criminal… who was already free?! Where did the ice cream go? Over the years, Mimi had seen some strange side-effects result from her powers, but straight-up disappearing after use was a new one.

No, that didn't matter either cause it worked anyway. Thanks to that ice cream, Mimi was practically on top of Bonnie now. She could still catch up, she could still do this! And then, it finally happened, Mimi collapsed from exhaustion. She watched helplessly as miss "Demon Captain Bonnie Harpoon" got further and further, and eventually left her line of sight. That was it, is was all over. Mimi knew there was a good chance it would end this, and she was proud that she could at least say she tried, but even so, at that very moment, she felt unrealistically cheated for some reason. She decided to just stare at the sidewalk for a few minutes before returning to work. She was definitely late by now.

In an ice cream truck, on the phone with the it's rightful owner:

Midas replied, "Oh, so the phone and truck are yours, then? Funny, you don't sound like the guy who left them as he ran. You his boss or something?" He then chuckled deeply, as if he just told a hilarious joke. "Tell you what, you can have your phone back, but the truck… I know it's childish to enforce the "finders keepers" rule, but what can I say? It's free ice cream." After another deep chuckle, he hung up.

Then, Midas stopped rolling up the window, right before the point where it would've cut the licorice rope off. He then rolled the window back down and tossed the phone at the family, somehow completely oblivious to the scheme they were pulling literally right over his head. "Here, a french lady will be looking for that," he said right before slamming on the gas. Whether or not the cone of money and cards went with him depended on how fast Mr. Michuru was.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

James Lark Just Wants His ID

James Lark began to impatiently tap his foot as he listened to the boss' instructions. Seriously, was he really doing this with her right now? James was beginning to suspect that he was on some sort of hidden camera show. Was that interference on the other side of the line laughter? He couldn't tell. Was this all some elaborate prank by the whole office? He looked around him, but didn't really see anything aside from some girl dressed as a pirate running off. James sighed, not like he could do anything about it, so he just spoke into the phone.

".Mm... Why don't you look around you. It could be there. Actually it might be on my desk. It might've fallen off my tie. Actually I remember bumping into Bob on my way out yesterday. Yeah, maybe he'd know something about it..."

James tries to think of anything else that was significant yesterday.

"I ate a turkey pesto sandwich. It was pretty good I guess. So, gonna help me now, Madame?"`

Bean Lately Coffee Shop - Caralyn

"H-hey! Wait you can't just - "

*beep*

"...take my ice cream."

Too late, the call was dropped.

Caralyn wasn't sure what she was feeling right now. But for some reason, there was anger welling up inside her. This wasn't at all what she expected to do today. She was supposed to be in the City Square right now, selling ice cream to all the people happily going about their day. But no, instead she was greeted by a super incident at the square, and after that her truck gets stolen by god knows who. So yes, she was angry with everything that happened. She looked at the phone in her hand to see if she could still see the map, but it turns out the phone's battery had died. Of course. She looked back to find the girl, but it seems like the interior of the coffee shop was drenched in water and... was that the smell of smoke?

"Mon dieu, what happened here while I was on the phone?" she said in disbelief. Caralyn really didn't have the time to check in on that right now, she just wanted to get her stuff back. Caralyn reluctantly decided to run off as quickly as she could to the street she'd seen on the phone's GPS, in hopes of finding her truck. She'd just have to go back to the cafe later so she could return the phone.

The Street Where the Ice Cream Truck Was - Caralyn

It was a good thing Caralyn was used to exercise. So when she arrived on the street she'd seen on the phone, she was barely even tired. But a quick survey of the surroundings told her that her truck was nowhere to be found. Frustrated, Caralyn pulled on the swirls in her hair, which hurt a bit.

"Merde!" Caralyn cursed aloud, stomping on the pavement. Her truck was gone and she was left emotionally distraught. Why did this have to happen today? And why to her? She came home from France to make everyone happy, not to feel defeated like this. Maybe it was a mistake to set up here in Proprius after all.

Caralyn sighed and lowered her head. No, she needed to look on the brighter side of things. At least she was safe and didn't have to go face-to-face with that thief. Given by how deep the voice was, it seemed like some brute, so definitely not someone Caralyn would want to mess with on a good day.

Looking up, Caralyn noticed a family of three nearby. A father, a mother, and a child. They'd know where her truck sped off to! Kids love ice cream, so surely they couldn't have missed an ice cream truck pass by. And if they saw who was in the driver's seat, then she'd be able to report this to the police! This was the best solution she could come up with for now, so she set out to do it.

Caralyn walked up to the family, waving. "Hi! You three wouldn't have happened to see an ice cream truck pass by would you?"

Given the fact that she was still wearing her uniform, she was at least more convincing than whoever was the one who stole her truck.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

St. Martha's Academy

Maria felt a shiver down her spine all of a sudden. "Brrr~! Is it chilly today or what...?" She looked back down at her phone...which was off now. "Eeeeeh? How is the battery dead already?! I recharged it just last...week. Oh. Uuuuuh..."

She glanced around for something or someone potentially helpful. Luckily, a student with some rather lively purple hair was passing by.

"Excuse me!" she said, skipping up to Soul as she passed. "Hiiii~! Uh, sorry to intrude, but you wouldn't happen to be able to point a girl towards the bakery, would you?"

----

Bean Lately

With Althia's second touch, Leon started to chill again...but now there was a girl punching the wall, bleeding, crying on the floor...it was starting to get Leon ticked off again. This time, though, he took a deep breath and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a little stress toy made in the shape of a little cartoon fireman, and started squeezing it repeatedly. He sloooowly let his breath out as he did so, making sure to calm himself down before addressing the uh...thing going on in front of him.

"Look," he said to them, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to set you off or hurt you or whatever. I've got some anger management issues and I've had a rough day, I get a little blindsided by that sorta crap sometimes. So, uh, sorry." He gave the stress toy a big squeeze. "But you shouldn't go slapping people and punching walls, either! I'll apologize for being an ass, but that's just stupid!"

Leon let out a sigh. Great, these two have probably picked up on the whole fire thing by now...though this mood whiplash girl seems off herself...gah, dammit, this'll eat at my conscience if I don't do something! Besides, they might go blabber about the freaky fire guy from the coffee shop, and that'll kill just about all my chances of getting hired by a normal company...

"L-Look," he said, "your hand doesn't look too bad. Probably just some scrapes. If calm down enough, you should rinse in the bathroom and wrap it up or something, it should heal in no time. I'm no medical expert so I can't really help out much there, but I'm sure it's not the end of the world." He scratched the back of his head and glanced to the side. "And, uh, listen. I'll...pay for your coffees or something. As an apology or whatever. And, uh, to agree we never talk about any of this again."

----

The Streets

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap.

There was a tapping sound not far behind Mimi as she made her way back towards work. It was the sound of the tip of an umbrella, repeatedly hitting the sidewalk.

Behind Mimi, the man in black from earlier was strolling in her direction. It could have been coincidence...but the man seemed to have his gaze set on her from the shade of his hat. And his eyes were a piercing red.

"That was rather impressive, you know!" he shouted forth. "Newbies like you don't do so well on their first hunt, you know! And against so elusive an opponent, even! I don't know about you, but I am most certainly impressed!"

The tapping of the umbrella kept a constant rhythm.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Outside St. Martha's - Soul:

Soul would've liked to have kept moving so she could go home, but nothing ever goes to plan, does it? She was stopped once again today by someone who seemed far too cheery. Granted, it was the same girl she just walked by, so what else should she have expected?

"Hiiii~! Uh, sorry to intrude, but you wouldn't happen to be able to point a girl towards the bakery, would you?" Soul took a few seconds to look over this girl. Her chilling white eyes flitted all over, from her similarly unusual hair color, to her pointed teeth, to the various markings all over her skin. She exhaled sharply, emitting a small burst of fog from her nose before it dissipated into the air.

"Left on this road, right on Mulberry Street, and then a left on Emerald. I think that's right, anyways..." Soul averted her gaze for a few moments before looking Maria over again. "Aren't you a little young for tattoos?"

Former site of the Ice Cream Truck - The Michuru Family:

The father froze up when Midas looked at him. He threw the phone and it landed at his feet. The next thing he knew, Midas was stepping on it, and he instinctively yanked the rope Anabelle had created, causing the wad of taffy and various cards to come flying out the window. A few stray bills also floated out the window, but most of the cash remained inside the car, $24 in total. Compared to what could've happened, twenty four dollars was an acceptable loss.

"Whew... Well, we couldn't get everything, but we got the important stuff back, at least!" Mr. Michuru said with conviction. Mrs. Michuru let out a sigh of relief, and while her father was sorting out his cards from the mess of candy, Anabelle had taken the liberty of munching on her rope. Overall, a happy ending for most parties involved.

Though while she was eating, Anabelle caught sight of the shiny thing at her dad's feet. She held it up and tugged at her dad's sleeve. "Daddy, what's this?" Before her question could be answered, someone else showed up, with quite an impressive head of hair and an ice-cream uniform came in, asking where the truck went.

"Oh, you must be the owner! Or someone who works for the company at least." Mr. Michuru spoke up. "Yeah, you just missed it. I take it this is yours...? Er- Annie. Give that to Daddy." She did, and he promptly held out the phone for Caralyn to take.

"Like he said, he literally just drove away." Mrs. Michuru added. "The thief himself was some thug wearing gaudy blue lipstick, but the man who just threw that phone out was wearing a large suit of golden armor, if that helps."

Anabelle just hugged her mother's waist with one arm, the other carrying both Moshi and her licorice. She stood in silence, but stared at Caralyn, refusing to break eye contact. What a peculiar, yet preciously adorable child.
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Psychic Lost and Found:
Madame Psiya smiled. It wouldn't be long now before the man caught on, so she decided it was time for the finale. "Okay caller, now keep that memory in your head and listen closely to the sound of my voice. I'm going to count to three, and when I reach 3, you're going to open your eyes and you will transported through time back to that moment at your desk." It was a simple hypnosis trick that could even work over the phone. Of course, like all hypnosis, whether it worked at all depended entirely on the willingness and general personality of the target, which in the case of this particular caller, made it very unlikely. "Are you ready? 1… 2… 3! Now, tell me what is happening."

An apparently comfortable sidewalk:
In truth, it wasn't a very comfortable sidewalk, but the sun was still rising, so at least it wasn't too hot yet. When Mimi eventually stopped wheezing, she noticed she was now breathing to a beat for some reason, but didn't think much of it.

Wait, who said that?

Oh! The civilian! He was still here! Mimi stood back up as quickly as she could without falling over again and turned around to face him, pretending real hard that she wasn't just laying on the ground for the last minute or so. "I, uh, thank you for your kind words, citizen, and uhh… I advise you be more careful in the future." She wagged her finger for effect. It felt weird scolding someone who was clearly much older than her, but as long as she was still wearing the mask, she was gonna play the part.

Come to think of it, why was this man still hanging out around here? Didn't he have somewhere to be? Was he waiting for her to do something? Mimi just sorta stood there awkwardly, not sure what to do or say next.

On the road:
Well, Austin Urban would call that a successful outing. He certainly thought that as he drove the stolen ice cream truck, glancing at the cone of money next to him. Wait, didn't there used to be more in there? Ah, whatever, he still had the ice cream, and that's what was really important.

Say, as long as he was still out, where to next?
shadowjoe323

Post by shadowjoe323 »

The Streets near City Square

Camouflage had finally arrived. He had been jogging for quite a while, but luckily it looked like he could still help. James was standing there on the phone, seemingly still unable to get into the Square. Camouflage walked up to him, still camouflaged. He heard something about a countdown and saw James close his eyes, so Camo figured he should make another grand entrance, he felt like he was on a roll with those. Right as the countdown ended, Camouflage put his hands on James' shoulders and camouflaged him. When James eventually opened his eyes, he'd be welcomed to the scene of a very muscular man grabbing his shoulders, staring deep into his eyes, and a world with a slight filter of a camouflage pattern over it. The man would also be screaming "HELLOOOO JAMES LARK!!! I AM HERE TO HELP YOU GET TO THE SCEEEEENE!!!".

I'm sure James would be very pleased with this turn of events.
Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

Spoiler : Azyai Ohra :
Username: Fantasyhunt

Character name: Azyai Ohra

Appearance: Azyai is a man standing at 5'10”. He has fair skin, ebony black hair, and ocean blue eyes. His hair is scruffy and barely covers the tips of his ears. He normally wears a black t-shirt, dark blue jeans, and grey sneakers. He also has two silver earrings along the upper shell of his left ear and a silver chain necklace decorated with a white jewel carved into the shape of a four-pointed star.

Backstory: Azyai was born to a pair of non-powered parents. He did not display any kind of super ability when she was younger, but he often dreamed of being a superhero. From a young age, he trained in martial arts to prepare himself for a life of crimefighting in the future. And some later, his dream came true; though it at first appeared as a curse. When he was fifteen, his power manifested not of his own will, but just out of nowhere. While at school, his skin started to itch, and he noticed black scales growing where he scratched himself. After notifying the teacher, Azyai's parents picked him up and brought him home. After a week of worry and a slow transformation from Azyai, he finally discovered his superpower. Once he got control over his transformation, Azyai started to hone his power. When he turned eighteen, he became a rogue superhero, fighting crime on his own terms. He spent the next two years going to city-to-city fighting crime and keeping his identity a secret. Eventually, Azyai reached Proprius, moved into a quaint apartment complex and met his neighbor, a girl named Borealis, who he later became friends with and eventually, they started dating.

Personality: Azyai is an affable young man who always seems to have a spring in his step. He likes commenting on how peaceful and nice life is for him, something waxing poetic about it even. He's always got this smile on his face that people take one of two ways: he is either just really happy or he is a smug bastard that is happy at someone else's expense. It's usually the latter.
While he does normally take pleasure in having a good life and seeing others enjoy life as well, he occasionally takes a sadistic pleasure in seeing wrong-doers suffer and seeing bad karma catch up with others. His sadistic side, thankfully, is a rare sight. While he doesn't show or speak of it often, Azyai takes great care in observing people's emotional states. Not so he can comfort them, but to simply not be another cause of pain or misery. While he loves to see people happy, he's not sure how to make people happy on his own.

Superpower: Demonic Strength. He's not a literal demon, don't worry. Azyai simply has super strength, on the condition that his body undergo a horrific transformation. So no using this power in public! His transformed form gives him black, scaly skin from head-to-toe, clawed hands and feet, sharpened teeth, a glow to his eyes, a pair of black horns that curl back much like the horns on a ram, and a reptilian tail that is as long as he is tall and acts like a fifth limb. The super strength gained in this form maxes out at approximately three metric tons, according to Azyai, and he doesn't plan to push his limits. Last time he tried, he ended up with a broken arm and two broken legs so he's pretty sure he knows his limit.

Miscellaneous: Azyai is proficient in hand-to-hand combat and loves to brag about it. But he can easily take an opponent out from a distance if given a spear or similarly shaped object to throw.

OPTIONAL: SECRET IDENTITY

Super Name: The Demon

Super Appearance: The Demon is known for wearing a pitch black cape over equally black clothing, as if he were nothing but a shadow.

Alliance: Rogue/Freelance hero

Miscellaneous: If he is confronted in his superhero persona, he is more soft-spoken and often speaks in philosophical statements, though he often doesn't even know what he's saying when he does that. He likes to keep his superhero side as secretive as possible.
Spoiler : Borealis Frost :
Character name: Borealis Frost

Appearance: Borealis is a young woman who stands at 5'7”. Her skin is fair, her eyes are ice blue in color, and her hair is white with seven streaks of color in it; each one being one of the seven colors of the rainbow. Borealis's hair is long enough to reach her waist and she lets it flow freely. Borealis often wears a light blue dress that lacks sleeves of any sort. Instead, the dress has two lengths of string coming from the top hem of the dress that Borealis ties together around her neck. The skirt of the dress is a little longer than knee-length and tied around her waist is a dark blue sash. Borealis wears grey shorts underneath her skirt for the sake of modesty and she finishes off her outfit with ankle-high, light brown boots.

Backstory: Borealis was born to the Frost family, a family known for producing a long line of powerful cryomancers. Her mother, father, and brother were all cryomancers. Her brother and father were well-respected superheroes while her mother was content to work an office job. Growing up, Borealis did not show the same affinity for ice that her family showed and everyone around her feared that she was the failure of the family, a plague on their perfect record. Soon though, her superpower did make itself known to the Frost family; it wasn't cryomancy though, it was something entirely different. Unable to cope with the shame she brought to her family, she ran away from home at the age of sixteen. She eventually found her way to Proprius and soon met Azyai who she became friends with and, eventually, started dating.

Personality: Borealis is a girl who speaks bluntly, and often times, coldly. She states things the way they are, not one to avoid or stretch the truth. Because of this, she will often, if not always, tell people her first impressions of them when they meets. Typically, it turns out badly. Despite her honest-to-a-fault nature, Borealis tends to hide her feelings. She often acts aloof and detached from situations, even ones that involve herself.
Underneath all her frankness and aloof cover, she does care for others. She will go out of her way to help people in small ways if she can, though she will claim to have done nothing of the sort when confronted about it.

Superpower: She has one. Azyai makes sure people know that much, but Borealis insists that she doesn't and will not share with anyone.

Miscellaneous: Borealis is never seen going to the hair salon to dye her hair so many people believe the color is a side effect of her unknown superpower.
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

With the Michuru Family - Caralyn

Caralyn sighed upon hearing the news. "Things just aren't going my way today, I swear." Caralyn looked down and kicked a pebble away from her feet. It was too late for her take back her truck, but at least she knew who was currently in possession of it. Tracking it down won't be hard, there's only one Dimanche ice cream truck in operation. However, she was too emotionally tired to do anything about it right now, and there's a lot that needs to be done.

Then Caralyn took notice of the most precious and most adorable ball of sweetness that was holding out her phone to her. She couldn't help but smile as Annabelle's innocent and shy eyes stared at her from behind her mother's legs. It was as if her gaze was pouring sweet crystalline sugar candies directly into Caralyn's taste buds. How could she resist against that?

"Aaaw, well aren't you a sweet little gumdrop~ Merci!" said Caralyn, thanking the little child with some cheeriness back in her tone. She lowered herself to the girl's height and gently took the phone from Annabelle and patted her on the head. It didn't look too badly damaged, though there was a little scratch on the back of the device. Thankfully that was all and her phone still functioned properly. She pocketed her phone and looked back to the girl. "Hmhm, you are just the cutest thing." she told Annabelle with a wink before standing up to talk with her parents.

"Ah, I'm so very sorry you had to deal with those thieves. I hope you weren't hurt! You weren't hurt were you?" Caralyn felt herself getting worked up again at the thought of the people who took her truck from her, she started tightening her fists and getting all rigid. "Goodness, I swear I'll find the fiends who took my truck and..." you could almost feel the fury welling up in her. However she knew it wouldn't do her any good to take out her anger in front of the eyes of such an innocent child, so she calmed herself down.

Focus Caralyn. Think good thoughts, think ice cream, think delicious hot fudge, think of the precious gumball watching you.

Caralyn sighed one more time and patted both her cheeks. "Right! I forgot to introduce myself. Je m'apelle Dimanche! Caralyn Melanie Dimanche. I'm the one and only owner of the Doux Dimanche ice cream parlor! Doux sourire~!" she said, habitually falling into her parlor's greeting practice.

James Larks Wants Some Peace and Quiet

James rolled his eyes, or at least tried to since they were currently closed. He was starting to get tired of playing along with the boss' little game. He was starting to doubt her intentions with their conversation right now. Maybe calling her was a mistake. Maybe he should've just gone home to check his other vest. Maybe he shouldn't have gotten out of bed today and just pretended to be a vegetable. Maybe he should've just jum -

James shook his head and focused himself back on the call. He'd just do this last thing and pretend he found his ID so he could drop the call. That'd get him out of this sad excuse for a few cheap laughs. The boss was now counting down as he kept his eyes closed. He'd open them and then lie about what had happened, then he'd finally be free. He adjusted his earmuffs to cover both ears, deciding to not listen to the call anymore and just speak into afterwards. Mentally, he continued the countdown.

Suddenly he felt a force take him by the shoulders, as if his very soul was being simultaneously locked in a vicegrip and torn out of his body before being shocked back into the astral plane. From the depths of his mind, he could hear a strong voice vibrate itself into being heard, though it was only a soft and distant echo.

HELLOOOO JAMES LARK!!! I AM HERE TO HELP YOU GET TO THE SCEEEEENE!!!

James slowly opened his eyes and silently beheld the phenomenon before him. Everything looked as if there was a concerning amount of eye floaters drifting across his gaze. No wait, it was more like he was viewing the world through a lens filter. But perhaps the most unsettling thing about all this was the very source of the sudden jolt he had received: a bald muscular man who was staring deep into his eyes like a mad man. Did he also mention that this man was also shirtless and horrendously sweaty? Because he was.

James was so stunned that instead of keeping quiet he actually spoke into the phone.

"I am now being groped by a shirtless man in shorts." he said in monotone before abruptly ending the call. There was something familiar about this man, as if he'd seen him somewhere before, but he couldn't quite place it. His only thoughts right now were whether he had inhaled some gas on the way here and - wait why the hell was Mr. Clean holding him.

James freed himself from the man's grasp using his forearms and backed away. Suddenly the world looked normal again and the man had disappeared. He blinked.

"The hell...?" he said, rubbing his eyes. "I don't recall being under medication... Meh." James shrugged it off with a disinterested grunt and looked at his cellphone. Well, boss was no longer on the line but that was fine with him. If she was going to prank him with a hidden camera show than he should probably keep away from her right now. Though he still needed to get to the scene. Volt Maxim wasn't going to interview himself.

It's sad James almost pictured the man doing exactly just that.
shadowjoe323

Post by shadowjoe323 »

Near City Square

James had finally opened his eyes and seen Camouflage. He was wearing earmuffs but nothing could stop the power of manly yelling, so he probably heard Camouflage well enough.

"I am now being groped by a shirtless man in shorts."

Wow, James was so impressed by the entrance that he even told his friend on the phone! Camouflage was very proud of himself. Behind those dead eyes there just had to be a load of respect for Camo. He'd already begun inspiring James with just a few words! Ah, the passion of youth.

Camouflage wasn't very phased by James taking Camo's hands off of his shoulders, it was only natural to need a moment to process the grand flair he had displayed. But he still had to assist, so he still had to explain to James how he would help him. While still camouflaged, Camo walked up to James again, pulled one side of the earmuffs up, put one of his hands on James' shoulder on the same side to camouflage him once again, and whispered (to the best of his abilities anyway) to him.

"James Laaaaark. Do not fear, I am aware of your plight and am here to help youuuu. I'm a fan of your news program, your sense of justice and pursuit of the truth in your interviews is very admirable. I do not know why you have been unable to get to the sceeeene but with my power I can camouflage you and get you to the sceeeeeeeeeeeene."
Last edited by shadowjoe323 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : @Fantasyhunt :
Both accepted. Your story begins now.
Outside St. Martha's

Maria traced the directions Soul gave her on the palm of one hand with the finger of her other. "Emerald...Street....Alright! I think I got it!"

After a moment, Soul said something kinda weird.

"Tattoos...? What are you...?" She looked down at herself. "Oh! Heh heh heh...Yeah, I'm a total rebel! Tattoooos, at such a young age! But I guess my body's not ready for them, they reeeeally hurt. Y'see?"

She held up her hands to show Soul...and the hands popped right off. They flopped to the ground and wriggled about on the concrete. Maria, oddly enough, chuckled about it as she watched Soul's reaction.

----

The Streets

The man in black stepped up to Mimi, and leaned over to put his face right in front of hers. Uncomfortably so. He was pouting at her with his hands on his hips, umbrella now slung over one arm.

"Your charisma could use an upgrade, though," he said. He sounded almost disappointed. "And what in the lord's name is this outfit? Grab a couple shirts from the discount store and sew them together, cut a mask out of foam, draw some logo in sharpie and call it a day? Weak, weeeeeak, weak!" The man straightened up and threw his arms out in irritation. "And there's no boom to your voice! No heroic machismo, no grand echo of success! Do you even have a gimmick?"

He shook his head and clicked his tongue. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. A shame, really. Some people really just don't get it! You've got those big names, like Volt Maxim! And Double Vision! Now that's what I call a dynamic duo, don't you say? Real go-getters, real PASSION towards their whole shtick! And you have that scoundrel, the Captain Bonnie Harpoon! Does she need to act like a pirate? Of course not! But that's the level of dedication you get out of the real big ones. And you know, I don't know if you've ever seen her, but I hear this Glacherie woman going around nowadays? She has it nailed perfectly. Puns and everything. That's some real superheroics right there, the image is important!"

The man turned away from Mimi in his monologue, removing his top hat (revealing his hair, slicked back into disheveled curls) and placing it over his chest as he rose his head towards the sky. "Nowadays, any old Super-schmuck off the street thinks they can be a hero or a villain...like it's easy as flipping burgers. What a sad generation...brings a tear to my eye, really..."

In an instant, he spun back towards Mimi, hat back on head, and grin back on face. "So let's try this again, shall we?! Start from the top, and really try to impress me this time!"

He cleared his throat.

"That was rather impressive, you knoooow!" the man repeated, in a rather exaggerated voice. "Newbies like YOOOOUUUU don't do so well on their first hunt, you knoooooooow! And against SO elusive an OPPONENT, even! I don't know about yoooou, but I am most! Certainly! Impressed!"

He then gestured his hands towards Mimi, with a look of anticipation on his face.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Fantasyhunt
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese
Location: Somewhere between the void and the abyss. I lose track.

Post by Fantasyhunt »

The Streets

You've missed out on a lot here, Azyai. Four supervillain incidents in the past month that you've been gone.

"Damn this city." Azyai grumbled, looking at the text from Borealis. "I leave for a month and I miss a bunch of action..." He slid his phone into the pocket of his jeans and shook his head. "Ah, whatever! I'm back now anyway!" Azyai stretched his arms into the air before resting his hands on the back of his neck and continuing his walk back through the city. He was back home where he could fight more crime while watching over the people he loved. As he walked, Azyai felt his phone buzz and he withdrew it to check the texted message:

And I know you're bitter so don't even lie.

The smile on Azyai's face faltered.

As they say: "The truth hurts."

Bean Lately Coffee Shop

Borealis stared at the screen of her phone as music blared in her ears. So Azyai wasn't going to make any comment back at her? He must really be bitter. Speaking of bitter, Borealis lifted up her cup of coffee to take a sip only to notice ripples shivering on the liquids surface.

Looking at the coffee shop around her, she immediately locked onto a trio of figures. A brunette girl who was curled up on the floor, likely in pain. A girl that looked her age with black twintails, patting the younger in a comforting gesture. And finally, a young man with red hair and guilt written on his face.

"L-look, your hand doesn't look too bad. Probably just some scrapes. If calm down enough, you should rinse in the bathroom and wrap it up or something, it should heal in no time. I'm no medical expert so I can't really help out much there, but I'm sure it's not the end of the world."

Not bothering to hear any more, Borealis stood up and dumped her ruined coffee before approaching the trio.

"Pardon the intrusion," Borealis said in her best monotone, "but I couldn't help but notice that the young girl here is in pain." Borealis looked at the area around the three and noticed the tiniest of bloodstains on the wall. "From punching the wall I presume. Unfortunately, sir" - Borealis made a point to stare at Leon - "but unless this girl has an iron body, she might have done a serious amount of harm to her bones or tendons. She should be taken to a professional immediately to have her hand examined and cared for in order to prevent permanent damage."