[RP] Endless Warfare: Final Time (starting)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Re: [RP] Endless Warfare: Final Time (starting)

Post by DLA »

TWEED City - 7000 - TWEED

"Ha-ha-ha! Looks like Hench took some initiative! I'll need to give him a gold star for that later, if he doesn't get iced by these time travel guys! He chose the right guy for the job, by the look of it! I'll need to yell at him later for not telling me about it, and have him plaster up the wall, but that's if any of this is still standing later! Regardless, I like your style, boy! Here to do your job and not taking any crap about it!" TWEED dropped the burning money on the ground, stomping it out, and leaving a noticeable burn mark on the carpet. "Eh, Hench will fix it later." He shrugged.

"I don't blame you. The stuff's pretty much worthless outside of here, but I can make arrangements for the bonus once this is over. Hench probably did the payment already, and I don't expect you to be a supporter of mine exactly, but you have to keep the voters happy, as well as the mercenaries, after all! Ha-ha!" The robot laughed another most likely insincere laugh, before raising his gun again, now pointing it away from his now-bodyguard. The killdroids should be arriving soon, as well as the space pirates, if the proper calls had been made and the proper buttons had been pressed. It was just a matter of waiting a bit longer now. "What are you seeing on that there thing of yours? I don't suppose they've decided to give up and go home because of the two guys standing in front of the mayor's office?"

Flytrap Canyon - 1895 - El Cuervo

Things were, for lack of a better word, not good at the moment. El Cuervo was, for the first time in a long time, alone. The other bandits had ventured off to parts unknown, and while they weren't trustworthy, they were a team, and the Birds of a Feather were miles away, probably experiencing a similar dilemma at the moment without her. Maybe they were already gone, but she didn't want to consider that possibility. Maybe they still didn't have any idea what was happening, or were going through their own last stand, defending their town as they always had. She had decided that a bit of extra spending money would be more important, so not her. That was how she found herself here, and how she might have unknowingly screwed them over by not being there. She needed a stiff drink right about now.

Taking a sip from the last box of apple juice left from her supplies, she looked around at the mostly empty hideout. There was still some food and ammo left over, which they'd left her before parting ways. The furniture was still mostly there since it would have been too difficult to move out, and probably not worth it anyway. There was some dust, which you kind of got used to since it was a cave. Finally, there was the gold which had started this whole thing. If not for this, she would have probably been back home with her friends, but now she wasn't sure if she ever would be. She could just wait here to be taken away by the bounty hunters, and it would be the end. But she couldn't just wait. There was a good chance her friends were still standing, and she hadn't become El Cuervo to sit around moping.

Sonia got together her things, which in hindsight weren't much to get together, and flexed her arms. She would try not to get anyone killed, but damned if she wasn't going to fight. She climbed up the ladder, reuniting with one familiar long face. Her companion since she had decided to go through with joining the bandits, the horse with no name had been named Alexanderer, and continued to look utterly indifferent, as he had done through all of their adventures. "I knew you'd stick around for ol' El Cuervo after all this! Horses are man's best friend, after all!" She ignored the fact that the horse being tied to a post and having a steady supply of oats were the only reasons it had stuck around, and untied him from the post, climbing on. "I know it's kinda scary around here, but we've gotta make sure these guys don't ruin our town! Errr, towns! Off we go, then!" The two took off, and El Cuervo would ride again.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Prospius Horsetrack - Clair

As Clair approached the horsetrack, she was taken slightly aback by the state of the area around her. The pungent smell of alcohol, cigarette smoke, and body odour permeated the air - not exactly the greatest of combination of smells. But, the thing that most surprised Clair wasn't the environment around her - rather, it was the fact that so many of the people outside looked... Well... Quite a bit different from the people she recognized, considering their various mutated forms. And, well, looking at them, judging by their body language... They didn't exactly seem too happy at the moment.

Good heavens... How exactly will I procure entrance to this facility...?

Doing a quick scan at the area at hand, she noticed a door with a larger man wearing some sort of dark-tinted glasses who seemed to be inspecting people as they entered. That seemed to be her ticket inside! So Clair approached the man at the door.

"You there! Would I be able to use this entryway to enter this building?"

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

New York - Convenience Store - 2025

"Ah, I do not have a horse with me I'm afraid, so I'm on my own two feet as you can see! Unless you are pertaining to medicine... which I am not on either, thankfully! Ha ha!" Forsyth says with a chuckle. "You see, the last child we had to subdue was being influenced by dark magic and was a formidable foe! Er... Not that I subdue children for a living, mind you! Perish the thought! We broke the spell on her and she willingly joined our cause."

Before he went off on a tangent, Forsyth shook his head and focused on the task at hand: Knowing where they were and how they would get home. "But that's not important at all right now. We must find a portal of some sort and escape this strange place. You are a local here, yes? Would you be so kind as to telling us what has happened here? Why are there Terrors lurking your roads?"

"What about you Lady Vita? Are you at all familiar with this land? You seem to know more than I do, to some degree at the very least." he asked, turning to Vita. Being at a disadvantage here, it was best if he could get as much information as possible.

TWEED City - 7000

After observing the surroundings and getting a read on just what they were facing, John deactivated his visor and started walking towards the compartment he kept most of his gear in. He briefed TWEED on the situations as he suited up.

"Cell Cubes. Function as scouts and cleaners, ensuring everything is in order for when the real soldiers arrive." he explained, stocking up on various types of ammo for his rifle. "The use Bio-Scans to detect life and lock-on to anything that hits positive. Flesh and blood like me will easily be found, good thing I keep my distance to begin with. Tin scraps like you and your death bots however, completely undetected. We'll use that to our advantage."

John straps on his jumping boots and outfits his rifle with a grappling mechanism. Sufficiently armed with enough tools and weapons to give airport security a heart attack, he heads to the window and readies to climb out of it.

"While the real army's still not here, you send your bots to ambush those Cell Cubes. I'll provide cover fire when necessary and set up defenses around the perimeter." he puts on an earpiece and tosses a similar one to TWEED. "You can contact me through there, keep me updated on the position of those Cubes, got it Tinman?"
The Ash Raichu
Spoken languages: English

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Inconvenience Store - 2025 - Zoie:

Zoie kept listening to the strange man in green armor prattle on, only half-listening to what he was really saying. She couldn't help but think about how dedicated he was to that medieval stunt or whatever. Seriously, horses and dark magic at a time like this? It felt like a joke that was really, really unfunny.

"Yeah, you know what else would be nice? If I didn't have to live here, having to rely on stealing and panicking just to make it through the day, but we don't all get what we want, do we?" Zoie scowled and lowered her bat the rest of the way down. Looking at him, and looking at that Vita chick or whatever, maybe it was plausible that they did come from some sort of weird portal thing. Maybe this green dude really was some sort of Dark Age Knight or whatever. In that case, she probably owed them a story... or at least, what she had as a story.

She let out a sigh. "Okay. I don't really know... everything, but I've pieced a few pieces together and this is what I got. A while back, there were these... people... calling themselves the Big Ben Order or something like that. I guess they were kinda okay at first, trying to make this sort of utopia, I guess? Anyways, I heard something about some medicine they were trying to develop. Makes you live a really long time, maybe even forever, they were saying. Made it so no one would ever feel the loss of death again or something. I dunno. I dunno if they had any other reasons for making the stuff, but they tried a test batch out on the public and well..." She nudged the body of a zombie with the tip of her bat.

"...They weren't wrong. The Order told everyone to do a bunch of dumb stuff to see if it worked and people ended up turning into those things. Then the Order hightailed it out of here and were never heard from again. At least, that's what I'm getting from all of this. So now I'm stuck in this hellhole, and only have the Order to blame. So my life is pretty nice. Guess you two got stories, too?"
Spoiler : A man, eh? :
Name: Amane Nishiki
From: BlazBlue. An anime fighter even more confusing than Under Night. Basically, a long time ago (relative to the time period, somewhere in the 2200s) there was this giant creature called the Black Beast and it was going to destroy everything. Then a group called the Six Heroes fought it and killed it, but it bled out everywhere and now there’s poison all over the place, so people have to live on mountains now. And also there’s a bunch of timey-wimey BS, and also vampires and werewolves and all sorts of other stuff that doesn’t seem to want to mesh together very well, and I have no idea how that Black Beast incident ties in to anything that’s going on by the fourth game.

Sleuth knows what Blazblue is just read the wiki.

Description: Big image is big.

Amane is an androgynous man standing at 5’11” tall, and whose age isn’t exactly clear, but he’s a lot older than he looks. He’s a travelling performer, and leader of the Nishiki Dance Troupe. He adopts handsome boys and young men into his ever-growing troupe, most of which being orphans of war having no place left to go. Amane’s quite eccentric and flamboyant, with a friendly attitude. He considers a good dance performance and a good fight to be one and the same, but usually doesn’t throw the first punch despite that. Also has a bit of a bad habit of making careless mistakes and taking an extremely long time to realize it.

Amane’s fighting style revolves mostly around expanding and manipulating the fabric in his outfit. He’s been shown to configure his fabric into the shapes of giant fists, grappling hooks, and most commonly, drills, though in theory, more are possible. The more he uses drill-type attacks, the more powerful they become. However, using them too much can overwork him, meaning he can’t use drills for a short period of time. His drills also slowly get weaker when he’s not using them.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

The City That Never Sleeps - Vita

She first replied to Forsyth's question.

"Hmm. I guess you can say I'm sort of familiar with the land here, but... It's pretty different from where I was from. Like, I certainly don't remember any of these undead creeps scrounging about."

She then listened to what the other girl here and had to say and... Truth be told, she felt kind of bad for her. She sounded like she'd seen some pretty tough things, and lived a pretty harsh life so far. Vita lowered her guard and put down Eisen.

"Stories...? Well..." Vita laughed a bitter laugh. "I've been around a lot longer than it looks I've been... I've had some... cruel masters. Some made us fight for fun. Some were nicer than others, but... In the end... All of them really were after the same thing and... well..."

Vita sighed.

"Let me just say I'm glad that the book chose Hayate."

Vita sighed again.

"And now... I'm here. All alone. None of the Wolkenritter here with me. Found myself plopped out in a world that's... Similar yet so dissimilar to where I'm from. So... Yeah. That's my story, I guess..."

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : running gag obligation :
username: gotEMOJI MOVIE COMING JULY 28TH
car type: the wrecked corpse of doc hudson
persona: Star Platinum
backstory: Why the hell did they kill off Doc Hudson off-screen between movies no Pixar character deserves their death scene to be a quick mention in Cars 2 dammit
emotion: not enough
powers: being the not worst thing about cars 2 but the only thing i remember from it
gas mileage: none, he's dead jim
Spoiler : Somehow this is the serious one :
Name: Ken Izumi, aka "Chargeman Ken"

From: Chargeman Ken!, the 1974 anime by ICHI Productions (formerly Knack Productions), now available for streaming on Crunchyroll. Timeline is 207X in a futuristic environment, rife with hovercars, lasers, and some very...SPECIAL fashion decisions.

Description: Artist's renditions:

Official references:

Ken Izumi is a boy in elementary school, around 10-13 years old. He has a younger sister named Caron, a father named Hiroshi, a mother named Saori, and a pet/friend/sidekick/nuisance/???? robot named Barican. However, when shapeshifting aliens called Juralians try to attack Earth, it's up to him to defeat them! When he shouts "Charging, GO!", Ken Izumi becomes Chargeman Ken, a hero with a helmet and equally silly yellow jumpsuit to the one he wears casually! Using the tech he has in this form, Ken defeats the scheming Juralians to stop them from taking destroying humanity!

Ken's methods are uh...a thing? Generally he just fights the Juralians using his ray gun, known as the Alpha Gun, or uses his space ship the Sky Rod. But he also has a habit of blindly walking into any Juralian trap no matter how obvious. And he also has a...less than kind way of going about things? When he's not rolling and shooting (whether on the ground or midair), he might be suckerpunching aliens down 50 ft drops ("a fair fight"), instantly vaporizing opponents with the Alpha Gun, lying to cover up when he kills a Juralian disguised as a human, mocking and mimicking the mentally ill to gain access to Juralian secrets hidden in an asylum, basically killing every Juralian he faces regardless of circumstances, falling for any girl that says hi to him, entirely forgetting friends, skipping school, and, of course, using innocent victims who've been turned into bombs as a living weapon to destroy Juralian ships. I mean, he's fighting evil, and he apologized and mourned for him, so it's like, totally okay.

If it isn't clear, Ken MIGHT not be entirely all that great a hero? Everyone certainly treats him like one, and his family certainly has no issue with his brutality (and at times even partakes in it), but there's something just a little...monstrous about him? A few sociopathic tendencies here and there, a seeming lack of empathy for enemies (and barely that much for friends, given how quick he is to get over a loss), a few screws loose, and just generally being a bit of an ass, Chargeman Ken, for as heroic as he claims to be, might not be the first friend you want to make. Though you CERTAINLY don't want to be his enemy, either.

Ken's transformation to Chargeman Ken is voice-activated and probably light-powered, meaning he needs to be able to speak and have some access to light to transform. His suit grants him a general boost to acrobatics (at least, it seems that way, given he's rolling midair in the suit but is mediocre at football outside it), has a protective visor, and has jets in the boots. It also comes with the Alpha Gun, Ken's ray gun that can one-shot Juralians (who are impervious to regular bullets) but may not be quite as potent on a stronger opponent. The Bidium belt around his waist can have its green buckle spun to create a strong typhoon capable of confusing or blowing away enemies. Plus, he owns a vehicle known as the Sky Rod, a UFO-like ship with a big stupid-looking hoop on top that can fly through the sky, through space, or even underwater.

Other: If it isn't clear, Chargeman Ken! is notorious for being among the worst anime ever, with a terrible budget and animation even for 1974 standards and a lot of questionable choices on plot, including 5 minute episodes and a protagonist who does bizarrely terrible things, to the point he's almost an accidental anti-hero. The show became a meme on Nico Nico after a DVD was released in 2007 (somehow) and, as of this writing, was recently added to Crunchyroll's online streaming catalogue. Consider this app one part advertising a ridiculously hilarious and bad anime with a new legal source (with hilarious episode descriptions), one part me seeing if I can make one of anime's worst protagonists an amusing character, one part me testing the waters before trying something a bit more serious in the RP with an older character, and one part me just finding this stupid show way too funny to pass this opportunity up.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Gonna cover accepting apps real quick before getting caught up on the rest.
The Ash Raichu wrote:
Spoiler : A man, eh? :
Name: Amane Nishiki
From: BlazBlue. An anime fighter even more confusing than Under Night. Basically, a long time ago (relative to there was this giant creature called the Black Beast and it was going to destroy everything. Then a group called the Six Heroes fought it and killed it, but it bled out everywhere and now there’s poison all over the place, so people have to live on mountains now. And also there’s a bunch of timey-wimey BS, and also vampires and werewolves and all sorts of other stuff that doesn’t seem to want to mesh together very well, and I have no idea how that Black Beast incident ties in to anything that’s going on by the fourth game.

Sleuth knows what Blazblue is just read the wiki.

Description: Big image is big.

Amane is an androgynous man standing at 5’11” tall, and whose age isn’t exactly clear, but he’s a lot older than he looks. He’s a travelling performer, and leader of the Nishiki Dance Troupe. He adopts handsome boys and young men into his ever-growing troupe, most of which being orphans of war having no place left to go. Amane’s quite eccentric and flamboyant, with a friendly attitude. He considers a good dance performance and a good fight to be one and the same, but usually doesn’t throw the first punch despite that. Also has a bit of a bad habit of making careless mistakes and taking an extremely long time to realize it.

Amane’s fighting style revolves mostly around expanding and manipulating the fabric in his outfit. He’s been shown to configure his fabric into the shapes of giant fists, grappling hooks, and most commonly, drills, though in theory, more are possible. The more he uses drill-type attacks, the more powerful they become. However, using them too much can overwork him, meaning he can’t use drills for a short period of time. His drills also slowly get weaker when he’s not using them.
Spoiler : :
WOWIE ZOWIE, what a car! i guess you're in here now! im going to explodeeeeeeeee!!1!

accepted
shadowjoe323 wrote:
Spoiler : I have less self control than I thought :
Before the app, to respond to Sleuth's SPECIAL OOC ANNOUNCEMENT, no problem Sleuth! Glad I can help with this crazy crazy universe you've created.

Name: Caim
From: Midgard, the world of the Drakengard games. I'll be playing him from some point after Ending A of the first game, but he'll remember all the other endings' timelines because why not.
Description: Image
Caim's a sadistic former prince. His parents died, his kingdom fell, and his sister's the goddess now and is always in danger and busy, so he got pretty pissed about that. He says he fights to protect his sister and avenge his parents, but he just really likes killing things and fighting.
When fending off the Empire from the Goddess' castle, Caim was mortally wounded. He found a wounded dragon in the castle and made a pact with it, allowing them both to survive, but at the cost of Caim's ability to speak. He did a lot of fighting to save her and there was a lot of Drakengard plot stuff that I won't spoil, but after the end the world's all screwed up and kinda destroyed mostly, and the dragon he made a pact with is sealed so he can't break the pact and she can't come help him in wacky crazy time land.
Other: So Caim's mute. This is good because I can't mess up characterization like I would for characters who talk probably gonna cause some issues but I dunno I'll handle it. He can just kill dudes and ignore everyone who talks to him that'd be cool. And surprisingly in character. Also this means he has a cool pact mark on his tongue. He'll probably just flash it at someone when they ask why he can't talk.

He fights with his sword, so hopefully he'll have that or else he'd basically just be a sadistic murderer without a weapon, and that's no fun.

Since he has memories of all the endings and timelines it'll probably be easier for him to not be freaked out by time travel and stuff since he knows about alternate universes somehow. Of course this probably won't be shown much since he can't talk.
holy canolli! this car looks pretty SWORD. Super Wow Omega Really Dneat. Accepted!
gotMLK7 wrote:
Spoiler : running gag obligation :
username: gotEMOJI MOVIE COMING JULY 28TH
car type: the wrecked corpse of doc hudson
persona: Star Platinum
backstory: Why the hell did they kill off Doc Hudson off-screen between movies no Pixar character deserves their death scene to be a quick mention in Cars 2 dammit
emotion: not enough
powers: being the not worst thing about cars 2 but the only thing i remember from it
gas mileage: none, he's dead jim
Spoiler : Somehow this is the serious one :
Name: Ken Izumi, aka "Chargeman Ken"

From: Chargeman Ken!, the 1974 anime by ICHI Productions (formerly Knack Productions), now available for streaming on Crunchyroll. Timeline is 207X in a futuristic environment, rife with hovercars, lasers, and some very...SPECIAL fashion decisions.

Description: Artist's renditions:

Official references:

Ken Izumi is a boy in elementary school, around 10-13 years old. He has a younger sister named Caron, a father named Hiroshi, a mother named Saori, and a pet/friend/sidekick/nuisance/???? robot named Barican. However, when shapeshifting aliens called Juralians try to attack Earth, it's up to him to defeat them! When he shouts "Charging, GO!", Ken Izumi becomes Chargeman Ken, a hero with a helmet and equally silly yellow jumpsuit to the one he wears casually! Using the tech he has in this form, Ken defeats the scheming Juralians to stop them from taking destroying humanity!

Ken's methods are uh...a thing? Generally he just fights the Juralians using his ray gun, known as the Alpha Gun, or uses his space ship the Sky Rod. But he also has a habit of blindly walking into any Juralian trap no matter how obvious. And he also has a...less than kind way of going about things? When he's not rolling and shooting (whether on the ground or midair), he might be suckerpunching aliens down 50 ft drops ("a fair fight"), instantly vaporizing opponents with the Alpha Gun, lying to cover up when he kills a Juralian disguised as a human, mocking and mimicking the mentally ill to gain access to Juralian secrets hidden in an asylum, basically killing every Juralian he faces regardless of circumstances, falling for any girl that says hi to him, entirely forgetting friends, skipping school, and, of course, using innocent victims who've been turned into bombs as a living weapon to destroy Juralian ships. I mean, he's fighting evil, and he apologized and mourned for him, so it's like, totally okay.

If it isn't clear, Ken MIGHT not be entirely all that great a hero? Everyone certainly treats him like one, and his family certainly has no issue with his brutality (and at times even partakes in it), but there's something just a little...monstrous about him? A few sociopathic tendencies here and there, a seeming lack of empathy for enemies (and barely that much for friends, given how quick he is to get over a loss), a few screws loose, and just generally being a bit of an ass, Chargeman Ken, for as heroic as he claims to be, might not be the first friend you want to make. Though you CERTAINLY don't want to be his enemy, either.

Ken's transformation to Chargeman Ken is voice-activated and probably light-powered, meaning he needs to be able to speak and have some access to light to transform. His suit grants him a general boost to acrobatics (at least, it seems that way, given he's rolling midair in the suit but is mediocre at football outside it), has a protective visor, and has jets in the boots. It also comes with the Alpha Gun, Ken's ray gun that can one-shot Juralians (who are impervious to regular bullets) but may not be quite as potent on a stronger opponent. The Bidium belt around his waist can have its green buckle spun to create a strong typhoon capable of confusing or blowing away enemies. Plus, he owns a vehicle known as the Sky Rod, a UFO-like ship with a big stupid-looking hoop on top that can fly through the sky, through space, or even underwater.

Other: If it isn't clear, Chargeman Ken! is notorious for being among the worst anime ever, with a terrible budget and animation even for 1974 standards and a lot of questionable choices on plot, including 5 minute episodes and a protagonist who does bizarrely terrible things, to the point he's almost an accidental anti-hero. The show became a meme on Nico Nico after a DVD was released in 2007 (somehow) and, as of this writing, was recently added to Crunchyroll's online streaming catalogue. Consider this app one part advertising a ridiculously hilarious and bad anime with a new legal source (with hilarious episode descriptions), one part me seeing if I can make one of anime's worst protagonists an amusing character, one part me testing the waters before trying something a bit more serious in the RP with an older character, and one part me just finding this stupid show way too funny to pass this opportunity up.
this rp has officially been vindicated. everyone else go home. i cant. goddammit. i can't.

#justicefordochudson

accepted
Spoiler : Amane Nishiki :
Amane Nishiki slowly wakes up, his troupe nowhere to be seen. The world he sees is alien and futuristic-- Even compared to his own. Humans are so scarce here that you don't even recognize the place as Earth at all... The beastkin and androids look familiar, but the rest look ridiculously alien; blob creatures with visible organs, sentient trees that look 2 dimensional in spite of being in reality, and one that's just a talking mug of coffee. The one thing they do all seem to have in common, though, is that they're all hurrying away into various rooms which then seal up. All around creatures are jumping into pods, flying vehicles, or just taking off on their own wings, trying to get as far away as possible-- One creature bumps into Amane as he passes; a human sized rat in a top hat and cane.

"Out of my way!" The fancy rat cries, hobbling as fast as he can with his cane, "Didn't you hear the announcement? Get out of town, the Order's already here![/i]

Amane is in Year 7000, TWEED City
Spoiler : Caim :
Year 2050, Towa City: Caim wakes in a place that couldn't look more wrecked if it wanted to. The sky looks perpetually dark, with neon lights all over and what was probably a once-beautiful place; it's not familiar, but the human corpses and blood spattered across the ground are. There's the unmistakable scent of war all around, and in the distance, you hear screams followed by explosions.

"Hey!" A voice cries out, and you hear a loud click-- A young man approaches you with an odd-looking weapon you've never seen before aimed at you. Behind him you see a few more figures, seemingly waiting to back him up. The young man looks ragged and worn, blood across his face painted into the word "HOPE". His clothes used to look like a nice suit before being reduced to rags, bandages cover most of his exposed skin, and on either shoulder is mounted a head of what appears to be a bear. Pieces of scrap have been molded into a makeshift armor. The boy's gun begins to whine and glow with energy.

"Who are you?" He demands, "Drop your weapons now!"
Spoiler : I Can't Believe You've Done This Got :
Year 2017, Shelvington:
Wow! Chargeman Ken! Charging Into The Future! Awaken on an island! In the distant past!? There's no bubble Ferris wheels or floating robots here! You feel gravel beneath your feet and see kids playing in the distance with primitive sports balls! A track and field! And in the distance beyond, several school buildings! Oh no! You're late for school! This is the worst!

Fight, Chargeman Ken!
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Shelvington, 2017 - CHARGING! Go, Go, Ken!

A bizarre beginning to Chargeman Ken's newest adventure!

Ken Izumi, wild-mannered schoolboy, emerged from his flying ship, the Sky Rod, with a roll. It was probably a roll, though it looked more like wild flailing on the ground in an approximately circular fashion. When he stood up from this roll, he looked around.

"Where am I?" he said, as if expecting an answer. "Is this the Juralian spaceship? Those Juralians! They're up to no good again!"

Ken did not seem to be aware that he had found himself at some sort of school - this was not a surprise. Ken himself so rarely seemed to attend school, and whenever he did, it almost always seemed to be for the oddly frequent field trips. It was entirely possible that young Ken Izumi was completely unawares as to the general image of a school, or even its purpose.

"I'll find those Juralians and defeat them!" Ken charged into the school - he did not transform into his more combat-capable uniform, because why would he do that until an enemy was literally right in front of him, that's ridiculous - until he found something of interest...people! And one was injured! And a glowing, flaming crater?! Wow...Ken wasn't used to so many impressive-looking things happening at once! He didn't even know fire could move that much!

"What happened here?" Ken approached the other people in the area, including one Paolo Paulman. He seemed to forget his theory that he was surrounded by Juralians, given the casual nature with which he approached these suspicious people, but that's what a hero does, probably.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

TWEED City - 7000 - Amane:

"Attention, citizens of our wonderful city! This is your mayor speaking, here to bring you an important announcement! Today will be our city's first annual cleaning day! Our officials will be out in the streets, cleaning up pretty much everything the whole day, to keep things nice for you! Effective immediately, you should all be indoors within the next hour. Don't make me send out the killdroids to make sure! Ah-ha-ha! But for real, get inside somewhere, because it'll be dangerous. We're taking out some serious trash today, after all!"

This was the message Amane Nishiki woke up to. But... how, exactly? Was this another phenomenon intervention? ...No. This felt different somehow. Things were too different. Normally, he recognized where he ended up. This was nothing like where he last remembered he was... Or anything like he'd ever seen. Where was he last...? Kazamotsu. He remembered surprising his troupe with a vacation in Kazamotsu... and then what? He couldn't have been drunk; his personal code prevented that sort of behavior.

Ah, right. He was on the ground. That was a silly thing to forget, wasn't it? He slowly got back to his feet and got a better look around. The buildings here were much more sleek than he was used to, the cast around him much more diverse, and there was dust all over his kimono. That wouldn't do at all! Just as he had finished brushing himself off, he noticed that there was suddenly no one around. He also saw six white cubes off on the horizon, and figured they were anything but good news.

This was confirmed when some form of dapper rat bumped into him and warned him of an Order coming. At first, Amane didn't know what to think. Such class... exuded by such vermin... he felt conflicted. But that was beside the point. He had been told to run and didn't need to be told twice! He searched for nearby buildings, and found one that was nice and big, good for hiding. A certain walking armory of a mercenary could probably see Amane's approach to the mayor's building: a girly, half-run, half-skip approaching the stairs, which he seemed to glide up before entering and gently closing the door.

The man(?) was surely a strange sight.
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Spoiler : theres an app for that :
username: None
car type: Koopa clown car
persona: Princess Peach
backstory: First appeared in Super Mario World.
emotion: Happy, or sad, or angry, depending on remaining hp.
powers: Giant steel balls
gas mileage: It has a propeller.
Spoiler : Prepare to hate me, Joe :
Name: Bowser Koopa
From: The Super Mario franchase - A magical realm that can be accessed via a New York City pipeline, 1985.
Description:
Bowser is the king of the Koopa Kingdom. Though a lumbering brute, and not too bright, he is a magnificent tyrant and longstanding rival to the neighboring Mushroom Kingdom and their hero, Super Mario.

If you ask him, he's the biggest, baddest, toughest, and meanest guy around, but his past actions tell a much more… confusing story. Sometimes, he's out to conquer whole galaxies, others he's just trying to "destroy" his opponents at tennis or go-karting, and several times he and Mario have even worked together to take down a common enemy. Wherever his allegiance falls, though, you can guarantee he'll continue to at least act like the big, strong, baddie he thinks he is.
Other: That's right, I did it! Mwahahahahahahaaa!
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

VGBM wrote:
Spoiler : theres an app for that :
username: None
car type: Koopa clown car
persona: Princess Peach
backstory: First appeared in Super Mario World.
emotion: Happy, or sad, or angry, depending on remaining hp.
powers: Giant steel balls
gas mileage: It has a propeller.
Spoiler : Prepare to hate me, Joe :
Name: Bowser Koopa
From: The Super Mario franchase - A magical realm that can be accessed via a New York City pipeline, 1985.
Description:
Bowser is the king of the Koopa Kingdom. Though a lumbering brute, and not too bright, he is a magnificent tyrant and longstanding rival to the neighboring Mushroom Kingdom and their hero, Super Mario.

If you ask him, he's the biggest, baddest, toughest, and meanest guy around, but his past actions tell a much more… confusing story. Sometimes, he's out to conquer whole galaxies, others he's just trying to "destroy" his opponents at tennis or go-karting, and several times he and Mario have even worked together to take down a common enemy. Wherever his allegiance falls, though, you can guarantee he'll continue to at least act like the big, strong, baddie he thinks he is.
Other: That's right, I did it! Mwahahahahahahaaa!
wow i love giant steel balls!! ACCEPTED!!!!!
Spoiler : Riftopia, ???? :
"'Do to it'? Well, iunno I think I might come back for a nice vacation here!" Gerl morphs a pair of sunglasses and a suitcase over his body. "Nah but seriously, all we need from you guys is your help. If not, well, we may be time travellers, but we ain't made of time! We've got history to be! We're gonna be outta here after this, so if you're not interested, then we'll see you when the war is won! But if you want a chance to save your worlds... Then we're your only chance here."

Gerl suddenly pauses, as if to listen to something-- Kendo's heightened hearing lets him catch bits of a conversation; it sounds impossibly foreign, like a language unspoken by any human tongue; but another, human voice briefly interjects, and he can make out the words: "...The Witch".

"Time is short," Gerl said, his arms motioning to the ship. "We can be here only a little longer before we're needed on the front. I hope to see you all there."

With that, a beam lands on Gerl Gasgort, and his gelatinous form fades bit by bit, until only his wide grin is left, and then that too is gone.
Spoiler : Proprius, 2017 :
Camo passes into the establishment undetected, though some people start claiming that the guy next to them bumped them. Inside is mayhem as the track is basically evacuated, with the Pegasus flapping happily over the track, neighing and nipping at the other horses, who are pretty damn confused by all this. As the Pegasus looks around, its head quickly snaps towards the audience-- With a graceful leap, it flies into the stands, sending the attendees screaming in terror as the winged horse descends upon a bag of jumbo popcorn, sticking its horse face into the bowl and scarfing it down like an animal, tail whipping happily. What a majestic creature.

Camo catches sight of a group of suited guards approaching from the corner of his eye, flanking a large figure, face obscured by a gray hoodie bearing the track's logo-- Camo could make a pretty safe bet that this was one of the establishment's hired supers. They marched quickly towards the beast.

"Knock it out," One of the suits says to the hooded figure, "But if you have to, just kill the damn thing."

Meanwhile, Clair approaches the burly guard, who is on his earpiece muttering something. He glances at Clair once and waves her through-- Before realizing that he just looked at a girl in a medieval armor dress carrying a huge spear and doing a double take.

"Whoa hey, hold on," The guy says, pointing to Clair's lance, "None of that. Leave that outside, you can go."

He turns back away, shaking his head. "The hell is going on today...
Spoiler : Flytrap Canyon, 1895 :
Sonia rides her noble steed through the forest; as she does, she takes in her surroundings.

The town is mostly abandoned at this point, save for the bounty hunters who've taken up residence to hunt you down-- You spy one or two patrolling on horseback, gun at the ready. But with impending victory near, the hunters seem to have gotten complacent-- Two of them are just relaxing with a beer by the saloon, not paying much mind. Their guns are nearby but not much else.

You still recall the layout of the town; you think you can confidently make it to the general store, the blacksmith, or the bank. The store might be undermanned and an easy target, the blacksmith might have something explodey to use, and the bank has a nigh invulnerable vault that would be good to hole up in.

The forest you run through is safe; for now. Through the canyon mouth ahead, you see the BBO ships rapidly approaching. They'll be here within minutes now. Any last plans or preparations better be done now.
Spoiler : Bowser :
Look, up in the sky! The students of Shelvington Academy, currently kicking around footballs and jogging track under the watchful eyes of their teachers, suddenly spot something in the air above the clouds. There were rumors of something falling onto the island earlier today-- Rumors of a meteor that had wiped out half the campus or something like that, so the students quickly watched in anticipation as the object hurtled-- They could practically hear the mighty roar of the meteor as it flew... A very guttural, dragon-like roar...

"Students! Evacuate now!" A teacher cried, and the kids quickly jumped into their limos and sped off from the track as a large, flailing turtle hurtled down from the sky above, roaring and flailing. Why had King Koopa gone flying this time? Had it been another ill-fated encounter with Mario that had blasted him off? All he knew was that the blasted plumber had sent him flying once more, and now it was up to fate to where he landed. And it seem fate had picked this very island to land him.

And more specifically, a strange, orange ship with some kind of weird disk on it. Bowser landed atop the ship with a crunch, denting it under his weight and bouncing off onto the dirt and grass, before rolling to a stop. Slowly, the King of Koopas feels his strength return to him, and albiet dizzy and disgruntled, the ruler of reptiles rises once more, in Shelvington Academy, 2017.
shadowjoe323

Post by shadowjoe323 »

Proprius Horsetrack, Proprius, 2017 - Camouflage McGee

Camo was glad to see his pegasus friend distracted and easy to befriend, but that quickly changed to fear and anger when he saw the guards heading towards it. He couldn't let them harm his future horsie friend before he even had the chance to make it his horsie friend! Clearly, there was only one thing to do.

Camouflage ran towards the brutes, jumping onto a nearby seat for the now absent audience, and leapt into the air towards the largest one. He decamouflaged and did a front flip with his legs tucked in, before uncoiling and launching his fist towards the hooded man. All the while screaming "LEAVE THE HORSIE ALOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!"

Towa City, 2050 - Caim

Caim had no idea where he was or how he got there. Upon opening his eyes, he was greeted with an all too familiar darkened sky. Upon looking around though, the area was less familiar. There seemed to be tall, concrete sculptures that almost looked like buildings. Caim felt as if he'd seen some buildings similar to these, but they were much less destroyed, and he couldn't quite remember how he came to see them. More familiar though, were the bloody bodies strewn across the streets. He slowly got up, using his sword as support.

After getting to his feet, Caim rolled his neck and looked around for where he should go in this mysterious new land. He wasn't able to do this for long however, as some people approached him and began yelling and pointing weapons at him. He turned to face them and sighed as best he could, but it pretty much was just loud breathing since he couldn't put any vocalizing into it. Caim halfheartedly raised his arms to about torso height after sheathing his sword, and seemed to be surrendering. He took a few steps forward, observing the weapon. Well, possible weapon anyway. Caim had no idea what it was, but the man holding it seemed confident in his ability to threaten Caim. It likely would've worked. Unfortunately, he was attempting to threaten Caim.

In one swift motion, Caim drew his left arm back, curled into a fist, and lunged it forward. It may have been mistaken for a punch, but it stopped before touching the man aiming at Caim. Behind the man, a burst of fire would start to erupt from the floor, likely scattering or possibly harming his backup. While the man was hopefully distracted, Caim unsheathed his sword and quickly brought it down towards the poor soul's head.
Spoiler : TWEED City, 7000 :
The Cell Cubes had continued their approach, chasing a crowd in the direction of TWEED's office, though still decently far away. TWEED could see a few humans split off from the group towards Frosty Dave's CryoFreeze Emporium, though the Cubes all followed the masses in their continued march throughout the city.

Amane had gotten some confused looks by the few staff left in the building, but wasn't obstructed in his entrance.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Spoiler : Proprius Racetrack, 2017 :
The guards and Hooded Man barely have time to process what they're seeing by the time Camo emerges-- The absolute last goddamn thing they expected was for a half-naked Saxton Hale lookalike to fling himself out of nowhere, and Hooded Man can barely react before Camo's fist smashes into his face, knocking off his hood and throwing him flat onto his back. He does not move.

The Pegasus's ears prick up, and it pulls its head out of the popcorn, flapping off higher into the stands.

The guards are so shocked that it takes them a full second to process what just happened-- But they quickly make sense of it, and reach into their suits for something decidedly unfriendly.

"Super!" They spit, and draw their pistols.
Spoiler : Towa City, 2050 :
The leader keeps the gun leveled on Caim. "Identify yourself! We are the Children of Hope and we're here to--"

He doesn't get any more out before Caim's flames erupt from the ground behind him; You hear children, young ones even, scream in terror as they're thrown across the ruins and the flames singe their skin. The Children's leader barely has time to be horrified before regaining his senses at the last second, blocking Caim's sword with his oddly-shaped gun; the impact damages the gun but protects the boy, giving him enough time to roll away from the murderous man. The boy looks back at the flames surrounding his fallen comrades, trying to see if it's too late for them to be saved.

"You-- You monster!" The boy screams, "What are you!?"
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Riftopia, ????, What now?:

When the strange man left, Kendo, and the rest of the town, were left to their own devices. The ship's doors were still open and certainly looked rather inviting, and Gerl's words implied they didn't have long to make a decision. Logically, boarding this ship seemed to be in his best interest. After all, the most likely to take this offer were Kendo's remaining customers, and even before this he had considered leaving due to work slowing down. (He was already sitting on two points and just waiting for a reason to take the third and final that was needed.)

However, something about these people seemed… off, and those words he wasn't supposed to overhear made him especially suspicious. There was only one witch he knew of they could be referring to, and it was the one who was still nowhere to be seen. Were they keeping her preoccupied somehow? How could they already know about her if this was their first time coming here? Normally, Kendo didn't care so much about such things, but right now he had a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach, he felt like he wouldn't be able to just ignore this "war for all worlds" even if he tried.

Nevertheless, the order may have claimed to be the only hope for saving the worlds, but they weren't the only way off of this one. Probably surprising a few, Kendo turned around and walked away from the ship. After excusing himself through the crowd, he made his way out of the Limbo Plateau entirely, toward one of the other districts, known as Stargate Square.

Shelvington Acadamy, 2017, Look out for falling turtles:

"GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!" *crash* *thud*

Before doing anything, Bowser waited a minute for his head to stop spinning. That was one rough landing, but at least that funny-looking vehicle was there to break his fall. Nevermind the fact that it's made of a hard metal, it couldn't be any harder than Bowser's head, and the new shape it took was proof of that.

Enough of that, where was he? How did he get here? How was he gonna get back? What was he doing bef- Gah! All this thinking was making his head hurt! (Or was that still from the impact?) None of that mattered anyway, what was important was what he was going to do now, and that was an easy question to answer.

Making a menacing pose, the monstrous koopa said to seemingly nobody, "Whoever did this to me, I will find you and make you pay! No one tosses around the great King Bowser like a ragdoll!" He let out a mighty roar for emphasis. If no one heard the previous screaming followed by a crashing sound, certainly someone would've heard that.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Spoiler : Riftopia, ????? :
After a few more minutes pass, and eventually, all who wish to depart have boarded. Some, drawn by their sense of duty, others simply too eager to leave the place to even bother thinking it through, others worrying for their loved ones back in their original times and spaces. The ladders retract, the ship's holes close up, and it begins to lift off.

A moment later, it drops down once more, and Gerl Gasgort beams back into Limbo Plaza, this time flanked by a whole group of guards-- Unarmed, but also poised at attention and seemingly ready to act.

"Whoopsie! Wow, talk about awkward, we JUST got done saying we were outta time, but!" Gerl grins, as the crowd slowly draws back, "Okay, we have a bit of a problem here! One of our soldiers is reporting that something very quite important is missing from the ship! Funny that! Now, I'm not pointing fingers-- Because we have a tracker built into the device. We're going to be finding them very soon."

With that, the BBO Soldiers began marching forward, fanning out across the plaza and through the streets of the city. Gerl beams back onto the ship, starting to seem a bit fed up with this.

Stargate Square: Kendo enters the space-age section of Riftopia, (after a quick walk through Kawaii Court where the Kendo Fanclub briefly harasses him to let them pet him like a puppy) the Stargate Square. As usual the place is bustling with activity and futuristic wonders-- One of which nearly bumps into you as a gigantic 20-sided die rolls on its own down the street from a group of frantic kids. Hoverships cruise through the sky, leaving the ground to be covered by foot travelers, or the conveyor belt-like streets that move you all around on their own.

There's plenty of shops where technological devices from 19th century to 41st century are popular, and plenty of laboratories with endless "DANGER" signs as god knows what kind of experiments took place inside. The place seems relatively quiet (as quiet as this place gets anyways) but Kendo hears a cry from nearby just as he's entering.

"HELP! THIEF! STOP THEM!"