[RP] Endless Warfare: Final Time (starting)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

VGBM
Spoken languages: English

Re: [RP] Endless Warfare: Final Time (starting)

Post by VGBM »

Riftopia, ????, Stargate Square:

Esmeralda's game was simple: find the target, "defeat" them in some way, collect a point. When a target is defeated, a new target is decided. When one has 3 points, they "win" and may return to wherever they were taken from. Now, it was going to be Kendo Okami's turn.

Based on the clue given, he had already surmised that what will now be his third and final target could be found somewhere in Stargate Square, it was only a matter of narrowing it down from there. Fortunately, Kendo had played this game long enough to notice a pattern, in that the target would often be someone causing trouble in Riftopia. Find the trouble, and he'll find the target.

"HELP! THIEF! STOP THEM!"

Well, that was much sooner than expected. Calmly, but briskly, Kendo made his way over to the commotion.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Spoiler : Stargate Square, ???? :
Kendo rounds a corner, just in time to see an odd-looking robot with stubby legs and arms, flailing on the ground in pain next to a bright red hovercar, which beeps to life and prepares to zip off.

"PLEASE! STOP THEM! SHE'S STEALING MY HUSBAND!" The Robot cries, her arms waving, "And also please help me up that would be good too."

The car beeps and honks in response, its headlights flickering as if alive. It's probable that the car is actually her husband. Before it starts to head off, you catch a glimpse of the thief in the driver's seat-- A woman, her face obscured by a light blue veil, and what appears to be a boat's wheel hovering behind her head; your eyes lock briefly before the ship rises off the ground and begins to speed away down the street.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

TWEED City - 7000 - TWEED

"So they're trapping people in boxes? Sounds like something one of those big jails would use! Mental note to tell Hench to invest in that." As TWEED said that, the lights in his eyes blinked, making the mental note.

The robot fastened the earpiece to what passed for an ear for him, and nodded. "I got it, boy. Make sure not to get yourself killed too soon, I paid good money for you to do the exact opposite! Ha-ha-ha!" He gave a thumbs-up, flicking on the lighter, and another insincere laugh, as he looked out the window. The streets seemed to be mostly clear, aside from the usual ne'er-do-wells lurking around to rob people, some people being chased by the cube things and running into a building, and a strange young someone who promptly ran into the city hall. As long as they were in some building, they probably wouldn't get hurt, which meant less liability stuff, which was always good.

Familiar ships seemed to be landing somewhere not quite nearby but not really far either. The space pirates were beginning their arrival, and the killdroids would soon follow. If what the boy had said was true, the cube thingamajigs wouldn't register the killdroids, giving them free reign to attack them. The moment of truth would soon be upon them, and he'd be damned if he wasn't around for reelection season.

TWEED City - 7000 - Hench

"Yes, I know... No, I don't know where he'll get the space rum to pay you with... Yes, it'll probably come out of the city account..." Ferdinand Hench paced up and down the halls, sweating profusely as he tried to negotiate with the space pirates. The phone he was holding was quite advanced, but as a result, quite heavy to carry around, meaning he would have to stop at a nearby table to set it down every few minutes, hammer the button to call the killdroids, then continue his pacing. The killdroid summoning button usually needed a good few presses, as the budget for repairing it hadn't been set aside yet, instead being used to build another TWEED Memorial Park and a statue to go with it.

Hench slicked back his graying hair, wiping the sweat from his brow. After this boiled over, if he was alive, he would take a nice long vacation. TWEED had only given him one vacation day, but he would make the most of it. Probably go to the fair or something. The fair was nice. No space pirates at the fair. "I... I don't understand what 'ye filthy bilge rat' means, sir... Please stop yelling, I'm only the messenger..." He set down the phone to take a break, as someone entered. This couldn't be good. They were probably already here, or there were looters or something. He hammered the button several times, before turning to face them.

"Ah! Good morning, citizen! Welcome to City Hall! I am Ferdinand Hench, Assistant to the Mayor! How may I help you today?" Hench smiled unconvincingly in all his dishevelment. He hadn't seen anyone like that on the streets before. Were they from the fair? That would probably explain it. Why there were carnies invading City Hall right now, he had no idea. Why it hadn't happened sooner, he was even less sure about. Either way, he was probably going to be mortally wounded at some point today, so he might as well ask.

Flytrap Canyon - 1895 - Sonia

The once bustling town of Flytrap, which already wasn't in such great shape, was now significantly less bustling. While it wasn't her hometown, and she'd been chased away more than once on account of the whole train robbery thing, it was still a nice little place, and felt like a second home where she wasn't supposed to be and wasn't very welcome. The bounty hunters, once relentless in their pursuits, had even gotten bored of the whole thing. She didn't have to worry much about them coming after her this time, it seemed, but maybe they'd be less bored with someone actually around to pursue, so she had to be careful. Their horses seemed to give slightly more of a damn than Alexanderer did, and they still had guns, which was always dangerous. The bounty hunters, that is, not the horses.

In the distance, Sonia could see the flying machines of the army from another time. She didn't understand how that was even a thing that could happen, but there wasn't much time to question it, and she had a feeling they weren't going to be open for questions once they got here. It was planning time. She already had food on her, at least what she needed for now, and rope and cutlery probably wouldn't do anything to time traveling flying machines, so the general store was out. She already had her Talons and ammo for them, and whoever owned the place was probably armed themselves, so the blacksmith probably wasn't a great idea. Unless the time travelers were planning on robbing a bank while they were here, they probably wouldn't look in the vault, and the vault was definitely a better place for El Cuervo's last stand than the other two, so it was decided.

It was regrettable how used to thinking like a bandit she'd gotten since she arrived in the town, but this would be the end of it one way or another. If they made it out of this, she would take the chunk of change she'd gotten and return to the vigilante life, set some of it aside for her team and give the rest back to the town. If they didn't make it out of this, she'd hopefully be remembered for her last stand, maybe get a few songs written about her if the time travelers didn't screw that up. "This is it, buddy! Now or never! Let's hope we can fit you inside that big safe!" Again they rode, down to the town and to the bank within.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Riftopia, ????, Spousejacking:

Not just soon, but quick. Too quick. Even on all fours, Kendo knew that a foot-chase with a vehicle, a flying one at that, was futile. So instead, he turned to the robot on the ground, first helping her up, of course. "Do you have anything of your- erm, husband's? Something that smells like him?" Do robots even have a scent?

This was a longshot for sure. He didn't even get a good enough look at the driver to tell if she was the target, but at the moment, 'follow the trouble' was his only lead.
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

Museum of Natural History - 2018 - Gretta:

I just wanted some freaking cheap donuts and this had to happen?! Whatever, It's not like I ever have an easy day.

Gretta had received a mind message, it was clear this was something... unusual to say at least, but Gretta quickly got over, she stood up and regained her composure, she took her detective's badge and showed to the guard. "Yes I also felt it, so please calm down, I'll take care of it." She walked towards the dinosaur very carefully.
"Mister or Madame, I won't hurt you, just come with me please. My name is Gretta Danllo, prodigy detective." She said while showing her badge to the raptor, to prove her identity.

Shelvington- 2017 - Paolo:

Ok, he doesn't have any real major injury, I can do this. I can do this. I CAN DO THIS!

Paolo ripped a chunk of his pants, he then used to stop the bleeding from the student's arm. "You'll be fine, just let me check the scene and I'll take you with Nurse Wulfe."

"What happened here?"

Suddenly from nowhere an 80's shonen-protagonist appeared, right in Paolo's eyes, he was certainly confused.

"I don't know exactly what happened here! A meteorite just falled from the sky and that's all."
As Paolo was giving his explanation, a big loud roar trembled through the campus.

He quickly stood up, and grabbed from his shirt the shonen-boy, he threw a glare that could freeze anyone at the hero. "You have ten seconds to explain to me, who are you and what the hell it's going on!?"
Last edited by Hesseldahl on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Shelvington Courtyard - 2013 - Gordeau:

Oh, jeez... These guys are like the Licht Kreis only even more bats***. Did he seriously say the entire world was under their thumb? Guess I don't have much of a choice but to play along...

"Yeah, sounds about right, though I don't think I floated here. I remember I was on my way to pay my old boss a visit, give her a pleasant surprise, but on my way there, my foot fell through the ground and I blacked out. Next thing I know, there's sand in my mouth. My coat's completely dry, so washing up here's out of the equation. I don't suppose you can explain that, though."

Gordeau listened a bit more. Apparently, he was trespassing. Awesome. Fate really had it in for him today, didn't it? Well, it didn't take a genius to realize these Guardian figures were supposed to be the bad guys, so that was one more mystery kind of solved, kind of pushed to the side for later... which only left one thing. Gordeau's expression turned serious. Very serious.

"Well, I don't know what you expect me to do about it. Seems to me like we're in the middle of the ocean boonies, and this island doesn't seem very big. I guess what I've been trying to say is, I can't afford to leave here, whether you all like it or not. Trust me. Nice as your beach is, I want me to be back where I belong just as much as you. But I don't think that's going to happen without a little teamwork, you dig? ...Maybe the blue, gooey hypeman over there can be a little more helpful...?" Gordeau turned his attention to Gerl Gasgort and the students making their way toward him, but didn't move quite yet.

TWEED City - 7000 - Amane:

Amane idly walked the halls of the great City Hall. Well, maybe it was great. It'd probably be better if there were fewer crude portraits of a robot modeled after an overweight middle-aged man. Perhaps it'd be nicer if some of those were taken down and replaced with something more... traditional. Perhaps something from the Orient. It'd certainly give the place more class... That was about when he noticed a quite stressed person quite different from the robot in that this man was only grey in the hair, asking what he could do for him.

"Ah! Were you... talking to me? Amane started, though the look on his face said that he knew full well it was he who was being addressed. "Citizen? Oh, no, no, no, my dear! I'm a simple tourist, just blowing through! Though you introduced yourself, so it's only fair I return the favor isn't it? Ferdinand Hench, was it? My name is Amane Nishiki. I travel the lands, representing my dance troupe. Perhaps you've heard of us?" At that point, Amane reached into his pastel pink kimono and pulled out what looked to be a flyer. He lightly threw his arm into the air, letting the flyer float down on the air, in the perfect manner for it to land against Hench's face.

"It's quite a stunning act! Life-changing, even! We're always searching out new potential as well! If you think you know someone who might be willing and qualified to join us, don't hesitate to send them my way!" Amane held a smile on his incredibly made-up face the entire time he was talking, though when he finished, his smile diminished in size, and he started twiddling his thumbs.

"...At least, that's what I should be saying. Truth be told, I'm experiencing a teensy little problem. I seem to have been separated from the rest of my troupe, and don't quite know how to get back. There also seems to be the matter of an Order to attend to that I've never heard about. But they seem to be bad news. Perhaps you can fill me in...?"

...Is he fluttering his eyelashes?
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Spoiler : Flytrap Canyon, 1895 :
Sonia and Alexander run into the bank, which is unguarded and empty by now-- The money's gone, along with all the people. The only thing still running is the massive bank vault, still left slightly open after the last of the citizens had gotten their cash out, and the security system; a pop-out gattling gun hidden in each of the 5 cash registers lining the desk. The guns still have some ammo in them, but not a lot; you notice some latches on each of the registers that let them be removed from their place.

You don't hear anything outside, and surmise that there's still a few moments before they arrive.
Spoiler : Riftopia, ???? :
"OH THANK YOU ORGANIC ONE," The Robot Wife says thankfully, "AND LUCKILY, I HAVE A BUILT-IN TRACKING DEVICE THAT WILL LET ME FIND HIM... BUT OOH I DONT THINK I CAN HANDLE THAT TERRIBLE THIEF! PLEASE, WILL YOU STOP THEM??"

With that, the Wife's eyes suddenly flash, and a beam of red light shoots from her eyes and curves through the air, drawing a line following where the hovercar left and beyond.
Spoiler : Shelvington Courtyard, 2013 :
Jennifer and the other 11 selected students were ushered by the guards onto the stage next to Gerl, as the rest of the students clear the area, as if anticipating something. There's a moment of silence, before a loud THUNK echoes through the air, and the ground begins to tremble.

The center of the Shelvington Courtyard slowly splits open, the sound of machinery, unseen clockwork devices crunching away and pulling open the earth, revealing a huge, underground arena, lined with bright flashing lights; but this wide arena appears to be a mere waiting room-- and at the bottom waits a large, metal hangar door, bearing Shelvington's logo and surrounded by striped yellow and black danger lines. As this happens, the stage beneath Jen and her fellow students begins to move, and descend into the pit.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," Gerl announces as he sends the students down, "It is time for the Test! 12 students will pass through our gauntlet, and the ones who survive all three rooms will be chosen! This is where the wheat is separated from the chaff; where only the best will be chosen to join the Order! You 12... shall be monsters no longer!"

The other students raise a chant of "MONSTERS NO LONGER!"

Gary, meanwhile, lets out a sigh and folds his arm. He thinks for a long moment, unsure of what to do. Finally, he pulls a phone from his jacket, and dials a number.

"Yeah... Thats the situation... Mmhm... You sure? Okay."

Gary hangs up and motions to Gordeau.

"Come with me. The Order will see you now."

He motions to one of the Order ships.
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Japanifornia, 2018, The museum:

This was so awkward! Maybe if Ellis stayed perfectly still, they wouldn't see her anymore. Of course that wasn't going to work.

"Uh, okay." She said to the woman, feeling like she didn't have much of a choice. She carefully made her way toward this Gretta Danllo, keeping an eye on whatever that guard was reaching for the whole time.

Riftopia, ????, Stargate Square:

Kendo courteously bowed to the robot wife. "Think nothing of it," he replied. With that, the two were off, following the path on the wife's map.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Shelvington Courtyard - 2013 - Gordeau:

"Now we're getting somewhere!" Gordeau nudged his shoulder against the wall he was leaning on, helping him disengage from it. He then turned toward Giant Gary. "Thanks for the tip. I really appreciate it. ...You know, I see a lot of myself in you. I like your moxie. Just stay careful out there. If someone like me managed to leak in here, there's no telling what might follow. Take care!"

With a wave of his left hand, Gordeau was off toward the Order's ship motioned to. He had accepted the reality that this was some sort of trap, in all likelihood. That didn't matter to him. If whatever came next was peaceful, great. Nothing to worry about... probably.

Though if it wasn't, from the sounds of it, he was about to receive a hell of a harvest.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Shelvington, 2017 - A Juralian Koopa Appears?! Ken Fights!

Ken was taken aback by the glare from the young man. Not because he was intimidated, but because he never saw an expression so...detailed before.

"I'm Ken Izumi!" said Ken. "I'm the-"

Before he could say much else, he was interrupted by the sound of a loud, monstrous growling in the distance.

"Ah! Juralian!"

This sounded nothing like a Juralian, but somehow that didn't matter.

"CHARGIIIIIING....GOOOOOOO!"

Things got kinda weird for a moment when Ken did some sudden flips in the air and everything went kind of colorful, and it sounded like there may have been a chorus of kids singing, and Ken changed from a yellow jumpsuit to like...a DIFFERENT yellow jumpsuit...and a weird helmet. And he had a little blaster gun, now, which was debatably legal. This was an event that might later be chalked up to a mass hallucination by bystanders.

Ken seemed to completely be ignoring Paolo at this point, and was running in an opposite direction. He...didn't seem to be a very sociable young man.

---

"Juralian!"

Ken appeared in front of Bowser with a roll, raygun in hand.

"You followed me to this world!" Ken shouted back. He looked past Bowser to see if he had allies...only to see that his ship was wrecked. "Ah-! You destroyed my ship! Juralian scum!" He pointed his raygun at the beast. "Your giant ugly monster disguise won't fool me, you giant ugly monster!"
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Convenience Store - 2025 - Forsyth

Forsyth, eyes closed, held his chin and nodded as Zoie and Vita both recounted their tales. It would seem that Vita was not of this world, the same as he, and that the child was indeed a local. Her story was one that concerned him greatly, a great Empire that sought to control all? He was familiar with those, too familiar.

"I see! Your tale is not too far from my own, little one! My world was once ravaged by a powerful godlike dragon that brought the dad back to life with its powerful yet corrupt magic. I am but a humble knight in service to a king, but our journey was long and arduous. Many lives were lost. But together we managed to defeat the fallen god and bring peace and unity to our land."

The way Forsyth tells the tale almost makes you in awe of the great feat, yet it was brought up so normally that you might just question how this man is still alive to tell such a story to you. Nonetheless, his passionate summary is quite inspiring.

"Which is why with the three of us together, I am sure we'll be able to overcome to trial and find our way home! If we are to make any progress, we must march posthaste!"

Say what?

TWEED City - 7000 - John

John gave TWEED a grunt, John's vocal equivalent of one rolling their eyes. "Right, just make sure you don't go getting yourself scrapped. Be a shame if I lost a paycheck..." John looked out the window and considered his options. It wouldn't exactly be smart to draw attention to himself by jumping from rooftop to rooftop. But with the Space Pirates arriving, he had a feeling that they'd be causing enough of a distraction to warrant him some time. Going in from a horizontal angle was off the table for now, but vertically would work.

"...Oh, and a mayor too. But that's not my place to say." he says with a smirk, walking away from the window and deciding to head out the office through the front door. "Be seeing you around, Tumbleweed."

He walked out the door to TWEED's office and made his way to the entrance. Right as he was about to leave however, he spotted a curious sight. One could say that it was out of this world, but given the fact the time and space itself were being twisted harder than an oreo, it was not surprising. Talking to TWEED's not-so-right-hand man was... a person wearing a flamboyant dress that made them look like they were ready for the Retro Earth festival.

Whatever the case, perhaps they could provide some insight.

He walked up to what looked like a woman and called them out.

"You there, Bruce." he said, turning off his visor and revealing his hardened stare made only more intimidating by the scar on his face. "You're not from around here are you? In case you haven't noticed, we've got floating time cubes, death bots, and space pirates rolling in to light this city up. Mind telling me what brought you here?"

He didn't have much time, but anything that could help against the enemy would make his job easier. Even if that came in the form of a man dressed like a girl.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Convenience Store - 2025 - Zoie:

Zoie boosted herself up so that she was sitting on the counter that she was previously hiding behind, waiting for these other two weird people to start telling their stories. The flying chick went first... Vita or something. So apparently, this chick was some sort of slave or something? At least, that's what Zoie assumed when she started talking about masters... And then Zoie lost what Vita was saying.

"Wait, hold on. Book? The heck kinda book are you talking, here? Like, is this some sort of all-powerful God-book, or what? And the hell is a Wolkenritter? You got some kinda team or something?" Zoie's first guess would've been "alien" but she said it was really similar to how things are now, only with less death. Before her clarifications could see the light of day, the dude in armor decided to start his tale. True to his word, it sounded almost exactly like hers, only with more dragons. Zoie was, admittedly, a little envious. It wasn't that she enjoyed living like this, but she thought maybe it would be better if dragons were involved.

Holy Hell, this guy's... actually kinda cool! Wish he'd just talk like a normal person, though.

Though after he was done explaining his end, the dude in green decided it'd be a good time to go... outside. Zoie looked like she was about to snap at him, and very nearly did, but then thought about it for a moment. Holing up in her little convenience store was good for taking people's stuff and staying alive, and that was all well and good. But if she could hitch a ride out of this place, that would be even better! Zoie jumped up and stood on the counter, trying to make her puny frame as big and commanding as possible.

"So, we're heading out, huh? Well, since I'm the local around here, it's only natural that I call the shots around here," she proclaimed, that making complete sense in her head. "So here's how this is gonna work! You, whatsyourface!" She pointed her bat at Forsyth. "Sounds like you're our main muscle, so you're gonna be in the front. I'll stay behind you to catch anything trying to sneak up. And you, Vita was it? Since you can fly, make sure nothing tries to drop on us. Whatshisface keeps saying we're looking for portals, so we're gonna retrace his steps to see if it's still there, what it looks like, all that stuff. Got all that?"

Zoie seemed oblivious to several glaring issues with her setup.

TWEED City Hall - 7000 - Amane:

Not long after he had finished speaking with Hench, Amane heard footsteps moving in his direction. Naturally, he turned to face the newcomer... and Amane only had two words:

"Oh, my..."

He pulled the golden hairpins out from his hair, and with a graceful flick of his wrist, revealed they also doubled as an oriental fan. He held the fan up so that it obscured the bottom half of his face, his hair staying in its man-bun side-tail combo likely by some sort of bishonen sorcery. Amane locked eyes with John...

"Such a powerful gaze! Rarely have I ever seen anyone with such a commanding presence! Well as that may be, though... there's a lot to be desired. The stubble and the scar are easy to work around, though... dealing with that contour..." Amane could be seen to visibly shudder. "And this aura... It's so... chilly. You exude an almost overwhelming sense of dissatisfaction. Like you've seen enough troubles to last you ten lifetimes, but as long as there's some form of payment, you must trudge on through it all. Yet deep down inside that freezing heart, I can sense something else. Some sort of duty. A duty to protect something... or someone... at all costs..."

Silence. Okay. Maybe it was more than two words. Amane folded up his fan and inserted it back into his hair.

"Of course, I don't know anything for certain. I just... feel it. And for your question: I wish I knew, though I can tell you what I know. Unless I just unwittingly took the most splendid nap in my entire life, I was transported through here by some manner from a different plane of existence, though I don't know how. One of the inhabitants of this city warned me that an Order is coming, and unfortunately, that's all I can really say on the matter. However... I have a question for you. Am I to assume this Order are the ones responsible for these Time Cubes?"

The dancer's face was much more serious now than when John had just appeared in front of him.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

TWEED City - 7000 - Hench

"Oh... So you're kind of from the fair, in a way? That's nice..." Hench wiped more sweat from his brow, using the flyer that had landed on his face. "A tourist? I believe we have brochures by the reception desk, though now isn't really the best time for it, all things considered. Still, we thank you for thinking to visit, and hope you'll join us again at a nicer time!" This person didn't seem to be an invading carny, or exactly even a carny, and was more surprisingly not here to loot. Whoever they were, they seemed less bloodthirsty than most of the people he'd spoken to that day.

"Ah... I would be honored to visit some time... I can't say I have any experience in that type of thing, so I'm not exactly qualified... I've really only done the assistant to the mayor stuff! And the city kind of needs me here, as much as I'd like to... Ah, just a moment! I've almost forgotten!" Hench rushed back over to the phone on the table. "Terribly sorry, Mr. The Ravenous! Ah, you say you've arrived outside? That's wonderful! I'm sure the mayor will be overjoyed! I'm not sure what keelhauling is, but if it involves going out for a lovely meal after this, I'd be glad to! Alrighty, bye!" With his short burst of confidence depleted, he sighed again, pressing the killdroid button several more times, then walked back over.

"As I was saying, miss or mister-dear lord!" He paused at the sight of the walking armory, then relaxed a bit. "Ah, you're the gentleman we've hired to take care of our dear Mr. Mayor. Mr. Pelican, was it? Very sorry I couldn't greet you myself, and I'm very sorry for that! Whenever this sort of thing happens to our little city, all sorts of people crawl out of the woodwork and appear here. We have very advanced security, so you must be among the best at this stuff!" Within Hench's arsenal of advanced security was a pile of tin cans placed by the door, a result of further budget constraints. "Now, how may I help you today!" He asked again, having forgotten he'd already gotten an answer.

TWEED City - 7000 - TWEED

The streets seemed emptier still, but they wouldn't stay like that for long, as more space pirate ships started to arrive, and the killdroid button seemed to have finally responded. Killdroid was a bit of a misnomer, as they weren't really androids. Androids resembled people, while the closest thing the killdroids seemed to resemble was a combination of a food processor and a spinning top, with far more sharp pieces and mechanical claw arms. Droid was also just another term for a robot, but for the mayor, this didn't matter. There was as much similarity between him and the killdroids as there was between a highly advanced supercomputer and mechanical jellyfish, which was exactly what they both were. The killdroids were pretty much brainless, only following his orders and not doing much else. He had best get to ordering, now that they were there. If there was anything he was better at than unnecessary analogies and comparisons, it was issuing orders.

"Attention, citizens of our wonderful city! This is your mayor speaking, here to bring you another important announcement! Spring cleaning, or whatever season it is right now cleaning, is about to start for the day! You should all be inside your homes, or inside any one of the great businesses in our city! Spend some money, make some friends, do whatever you want, as long as you stay inside until we're done! Think of this like a final warning, kind of, except there's nothing to really warn you all about! Just get inside and everything's going to be fine! Your mayor will let you all know when it's safe to come back out! Not that it's not safe, but get your butts inside already!" TWEED turned off the intercom for a moment, laughing. "Better not have anyone come crying that they got eaten by those boxes. Budget's stretched thin enough as is." He looked around the office proudly at the portraits he'd commissioned of himself.

After a few minutes, he pressed the intercom button again. "So, unless you're one of those that's supposed to be listening, stop listening or I'll sic the killdroids on you! Ha-ha! With that out of the way, you big bunch of no good varmints, you know why I've called you all here! There's some big money in this if we win, and if we don't, you won't have any money to worry about anymore! You all know what to do! I want you to clean these guys' clocks, and not in the literal sense! I trust I don't need to give you all any more motivation, 'specially not you, Bloodthirsty! Get on out there and defend this city, or at least your paychecks! And for all you killdroids, I have a word to say to you all! Destructo-protocol!" He turned off the intercom, smiling as he always did. The fun was beginning.

Flytrap Canyon - 1895 - Sonia

The bank was completely empty, which suited El Cuervo's purposes quite well. All of the people actually qualified to be bandits had probably taken all the money a while back, if it hadn't been the bank's owners or the people that had deposited it, all three of which could have been the same people with the way things had been lately. She wasn't there for the money anyway, so it didn't matter. What mattered was the vault, which was fortunately open, kind of. She hopped off the saddle, patting the horse on the head. "Welp, here we are, pal! Seems like we're going to have enough room after all! Just gotta open this up!"

Sonia walked over to the vault door and tried pulling it open some more, to no avail. "I guess it's called a safe for a reason, isn't it? Gonna need to put more elbow grease into this one!" She tried pulling the door open more, the door inching open ever so slightly, before she took a break. "This might take a while, which we don't got! Time to give it another shot!" Once again, the vault door opened just a bit more, after which Alexanderer strolled in without a care. "I figured we'd need more room to get in, but I guess each of us could've gone in by ourselves! Good thinking, pardner!" She chuckled, mildly exhausted by the unnecessary effort into opening the door.

While the safe was safe, it wouldn't hurt to have something extra against time traveling invaders from some kind of future land. If there was anything El Cuervo was nearly as good at as intimidating people, it was the element of surprise. The Talons were a good defense, but these guys probably had more high-tech, angrier guns. Looking around, she spotted the registers, and had an idea. One by one, she unlatched them from the counter and brought them inside the vault. It seemed she could have done with a bit of rope and cutlery after all, but it was too late for it, and so she would have to improvise. Taking Alexanderer's reins off for now, she tied them around each of the registers to create a trigger mechanism of sorts that would pull all the triggers at once. Just because the other guns were angry and from the future didn't mean they could see that coming, did it? If they could, then that was bad, but there wasn't much she could do about it at the moment. Stepping outside the vault again and having a bit more luck pushing the door, she stepped back inside as it was returned to its slightly ajar state, and waited.
The Final but not so ending chapter.