Rain: Another Magical Girl RP

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DSY
Spoken languages: English

Re: Rain: Another Magical Girl RP

Post by DSY »

Negative Zone

After colliding with Karen's shield the Ghoul violently slashed and attacked the area she landed in.

However, Karen had already escaped to her allies. Seemingly unbeknownst to the Ghoul who continued attacking the floor.

Slowly though, it seemed to realize it's target had escaped it. It looked about, back and forth with it's eyeless head and howled.

Was it mad?

Yes. But not in the crazy sense. After howling out in random directions, it seemed to locate the Magical Girls and begin to move towards them.

But in an instant, vines shot out of the ground and entangled it.

It kicked and screamed, violently tearing at the vines. But for now, it was bound.
Never speak in absolutes. (Which is a round about of saying I came back. Hi.)
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Negative Zone - 'Miss Scarf'

F̸́͜͟͡r̶̕ì̸̶̶ȩ̀̀̕ǹ͘͘͞ḑ̵.̡́̀͘҉.̵̛͟.̸̸͠

"Buh...?" Jane shook herself awake. She opened her eyes, now a fiery orange, and looked around in confusion at... everything. Where was she? Why was everything a depressing black? Who were these two people with her? What the hell was that shadow demon roaring at them? What the hell was she wearing?

Friend! Friend is awake! Hooray for friendship!

...and why the hell was that stupid bird talking in her head again?!

"Urgh... I told you to get out of my damn mind!" She yelled out loud, ignoring the there were two other people with her fighting a very bad and very dangerous Ghoul. Her own personal sanity took priority over this. Jane fumbled for her crutch for a few seconds before realizing she no longer had it -- instead she had with her a very large rifle she certainly had no recollection of ever owning. "What the..."

Friend never leave friend. Friend must make friends! Let's go have fun with friends! Magical friends! Yaaaay!: D said the grating voice that now echoed throughout Jane's entire mind. She grit her teeth, annoyed at everything going on. Was this supposed to be a magic, like what that princess girl told her about? Oh god, did that mean she was one of them??? She was a magical girl now? Just like all those stupid shows the geeks at the anime club watched and fawned over like some delusional cult? Jane scowled, looking down at herself.

Well, at least she wasn't forced to wear a skirt.

Whatever, if she really was supposed to be made of magic and feathers then that means she should at least get her bearings before thinking about it more. Jane carefully picked herself up, using the rifle for support until a familiar pain shot up through her leg the moment she put weight on it.

"Agh...!" She winced, catching herself on her rifle and using it as a makeshift crutch. She clenched her teeth and gripped her bad leg as she waited for the light pain to subside. She scowled, yelling at the bird loudly forgetting the fact she could do it quietly in her mind. "Hey what gives! You were supposed to be magic! Why the hell's my leg still busted?!"

Oh. Friend can't fix friend's leg. :c

"Then what the hell are you good for if you can't do that?!"

Making friends! : D

Suddenly one of the girls called out to Jane, temporarily sparing Friend from her wrath. "You, Miss Scarf! Now's your chance!"

"What do you want, Veggie Tales?!" Jane yelled, turning her attention to Thorne. For a moment, Jane manages to change gears to process what was going on. She sees the shadowy Ghoul blocked off by an orange magical barrier. It was ferociously roaring at them as it clawed at the vines wrapping its body, vines that appeared to be coming from Thorne. She looks down at the rifle she was leaning on and eventually puts two and two together.

"...You want me to shoot the damn thing?" She asked, knowing full well that was what Thorne meant. All things considered, she really could go for shooting something right now, even if a shadow demon wasn't really what she had in mind for a target. As if on cue, the disembodied voice in her head spoke.

Yay! Friend will play now? We go make friends with Ghoul!

"...Ghoul eh, that what you call that thing?" Jane says, slowly shifting all her weight to her good leg.

Ghoul! Friend! Friend said, giving off psychic dancing vibes.

"Heh... Oh I'll make friends with it all right..." A malicious smile crept up on Jane's face as she balanced herself on one foot like a crane and swinging the rifle up to her shoulders on the same side as the leg she was standing on. Fortunately, the rifle didn't weigh as much as the real thing, allowing Jane to keep her balance.

"WITH THIS RIFLE...!" Jane pulled the trigger on her gun, aiming right for the ghoul's head.

*click*

"...Eh?" Jane tilted her head, confused. She pressed the trigger a few more times, but nothing happened.

*click* *click*

"Hey birdbrain! Nothing's coming out! WHY CAN'T I BLOW THIS THING'S HEAD OFF." She yells, demanding an answer to her anti-climax.

Oh. Friend needs to charge her weapon with magical energy! c:

"I AM MAGIC. WHY ISN'T IT AUTOMATIC???"

Magical Feathers! Said the bird, as if expecting Jane to immediately grasp a clearly very basic concept understandable by a toddler. The feathers on Jane's scarf began to change color and glow a soft pink. One by one, feathers started falling off her scarf as new ones grew in their place, eventually forming a pile of feathers at her feet. Some of them fell right into her open hand. Jane's eye twitched.

"What the hell am I supposed to do with these?!"

Make friends! : D

"YOU ARE #@&*%$! USELESS!"

With a yell, Jane hurls the fistful of feathers in an attempt to throw them at the ghoul, expecting them to follow the laws of physics and harmlessly fall to the floor. Instead, the feathers shot out like darts, going straight toward the ghoul, who was still occupied trying to get out of the vines. The feathers pin themselves to various points on the ghoul's body and begin glow brighter... Though that's all that appears to happen at the moment.

After such a display, it's becoming increasingly apparent that this was Jane Connie Harp's first time dealing with magical stuff.
DSY

Post by DSY »

The Negative Zone

The Ghoul scratched and ripped and pulled at the vines restraining it.

It howled out as it attacked, not out of pain but anger.

When the feathers hit it, it lashed out even harder. Enraged at the attack, it tore with even more ferocity at the vines and tore free.

It turned to the direction of it's feathered assailant and began to charge at her, feathers still piercing it's body.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Negative Zone - Thorne, Karen and Jane vs. Ghoul:

Thorne's eyes glowed with excitement as her vines wound tight around the enemy. The thrill of the fight had opened the endorphins in her head, and the anxiety and fear was cleared away by adrenaline.

I got it-- I really got it! I said the name and everything! If only Rose could see me now!

"Whoa, calm down my pal, you got one move in." Chili's ever helpful commentary chimed in her head.

"One move is all it'll take," Thorne said confidently, "Once our fellow heroine finishes the job--"

No sooner had she spoken than did Jane let loose a flurry of anger and obscenity, and it hit her that she'd counted on the one girl who'd never used her powers before to deliver the killshot.

The Ghoul broke free, and so did anxiety. Thorne's vines could only hold it for so long-- She didn't know if they had the strength to finish this thing off, or to stop its attacks.

"Miss Karen!" Thorne said, "I have an idea-- Think we can combine our powers; your shield and my thorns? We might be able to deal some damage that way."
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Main Gate

Despite her general anxious state of mortality, Kazuko wasn't really the type to faint. But she had to wonder if she would have been blamed if she had done so at that very moment. How else was she supposed to react to someone who seemingly had no idea about what they were up against going into the Negative Zone? Even with Lamorak's detailed explanations, she had still been very nervous. She could only imagine how Jane felt.

If she had been the only one around, she would have screamed, but since Ruby and her Seer were still nearby she decided to scream internally instead. Much better.

"Wh-What? Um. ... Okay. We need to just... Do this. Deep breaths, Kazuko... Deep breaths..." Kazuko said, trying and failing to look way more composed than she actually was. She didn't really have any kind of battle plan, since she wasn't sure what the current fight was like. For all she knew, the others had already won and were about to leave. But since she couldn't bank on that, she decided to head on in, unsure of whether or not Ruby and her Seer would follow her.

She took a few nervous steps, and with an unsteady heartbeat, she found herself entering the Negative Zone.

The Negative Zone

There were a few things that Kazuko took note of as she prepared for the fight. First, she noticed that everyone still seemed to be in fighting condition, which included the enemy Ghoul. Second, she noticed her umbrella on the floor, which seemed like an irrelevant detail but gave her an idea. Third, everyone's costumes looked really good and she felt self-conscious and gay.

"Kazuko. Remember that there's more than one way to use your power. You've limited yourself in the past by only using them one way at a time. As long as we contribute our fair part and rely on our allies, this fight shouldn't pose any extraordinary difficulties."

"Um, right. Thanks, Lamorak... Okay. Ideas. Yeah, I've got a few of those..."

Kazuko skated over to her umbrella, not even needing to stop in order to pick it back up, as if to demonstrate how much control she had over herself in this form. It was a far cry from her terrible posture and lack of everything previously. Then, she encased the umbrella in ice, holding it as a makeshift bludgeon.

She skated to what looked like the side of the Ghoul, then gained some distance from it. Just as quickly, she turned around and started skating towards it. With the hand that she wasn't using to hold onto the ice-encased umbrella, she fired ice at the ground directly ahead of her, creating a makeshift ramp that she used. Once she skated up the ramp, she was high in the air, and directly above the Ghoul.

With all of her strength, she struck down at the Ghoul's head with her makeshift bludgeon, using the momentum she had built up for extra power.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
DSY

Post by DSY »

The Negative Zone

The Ghoul charges head first at Jane, seemingly angry with her in particular, but finds itself up against Karen's barrier.

It viciously attacks it but cannot break through.

Furious, it jumps back to prepare another full body headbutt, until the new arrival of another magical girl appears and smashes its head in with a makeshift ice bat.

The direct blow seems to effect the Ghoul in an abnormal way..seeming to shatter it instead of turn it to mush like the previous attacks.

The feathers fall to the ground.

The Ghoul was destroyed

Defeating the one that brought you into the Negative Zone should release you and all others pulled in.

You breathe a sigh of relief and wait for this whole horrible ordeal to end..

......But it doesn't.

After a few moments you notice the world has not changed. The rain is still locked in place and the buildings are still darkened.

Why?

From all around you you hear noises, much like running water.

As you look to find the source, you wish dearly you hadn't.

Around you appear more mushy puddles....and from them, more Ghouls.

Three More Ghouls have appeared
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

The Negative Zone

Karen’s grip around her staff grew tighter as she focused all her energy on maintaining the shield between the Ghoul and the Magical Girls. Her knuckles whitened and she grit her teeth. Suddenly, she noticed that the new girl had begun her own attack on the Ghoul. She seemed to be learning how to use her powers as she went, and was visibly frustrated with her situation. Karen heard Thorne’s voice beside her proposing a combination of their powers. It seemed like they were hosed if they didn’t try something, so Karen started to think of a new idea. The Ghoul continued to charge them despite running into Karen’s barrier. Just then, Kazuko appeared and with a swift attack destroyed the Ghoul.

Oh. Well. I guess I can go home now.

Three more Ghouls appeared.

Maybe not.

“Hey, Thorne? What’s the plan?”
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Negative Zone:

She shouldn't have thought it'd be so easy. No sooner than did Kazuko shatter the ghoul, and Thorne funally breathed a sigh of relief, did three new Ghouls emerge from the ground around them.

"What's the plan?" She heard Karen ask.

What IS the plan?? Thorne had an idea for how to fight one, but could Karen's barrier hold out against three at once? Calm down-- This was where she needed to emulate the cool, tactical magical girls she'd seen on tv. Too bad they all used the tactics of a tv for 5 year olds.

"Miss Kazuko," Thorne said, "Can you freeze the one on the left? I'll hold the one on the right, and Miss Karen, you go for the last one while it's alone. I think this will help."

Thorne reached out and grabbed Karen's staff, channeling her magic energy into it-- Spiralling thornes suddenly wrapped around the staff, making it into a spiked club.
VGBM

Post by VGBM »

Still at the library

Oh great, another. Just what Kuro needed was two annoying little things to ignore, while the guy in front of him was none the wiser. And the first one was still trying to get all up in his face, as if he'd bother to acknowledge someone like that under normal circumstances. Without thinking about it, Kuro wiped the slime off of his face and he continued to pretend to listen to Kyomou with a bored expression.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Library Tutor Pals

Between the horse apparently called Charlie issuing stern scoldings and the disgusting green goop on his face, Kyomou had utterly given up. Peering to his side, he saw that some of the green blob gunk landed on the underclassmen he was tutoring. Considering there was no reaction from them, he had accepted the only logical conclusion- Kyomou Torimaku has indeed gone crazy. Rather than making a big deal out of it, he slowly accepted his fate and continued on with his tutoring. Whilst Kuro was zoning out, Kyomou powered through his lecture, providing trivial examples of good and bad sources and the real world consequences of using bad sources.

"Um... Mr. Torimaku... Kuro doesn't seem to be paying attention... and honestly, I am starting to get a drowsy listen to you ramble."

Kyomou snapped out his daze and looked over to the female underclassman who was speaking.

"Oh yeah, sorry. Thanks for catching me." Realizing the opportunity given to him. "Why don't we do this, to celebrate Kuro coming to tutoring, let's cut it a bit short and I will treat you two to something sweet. What do you think Kuro, anything you are in the mood for? I'd like to get to know more about your interests so I can better serve you as a tutor, and I don't think any of us believe that a library would be a good atmosphere for such informal interactions."

Main Gate

Meanwhile, Slasher Fanta used his incredible samurai skills to blend hide in the shadows as he watched the magical girls and their partners enter the portal. Looks like they've got things under control, what a pathetic group of girls my fellow Seers chose. So much for the good reputation we have as spirits. *Sigh*
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Negative Zone

Jane stepped back, using her rifle as a crutch, as the ghoul slammed into the wall and was subsequently smashed by Kazuko braining it with her makeshift bat. Once the ghoul had been literally shattered, the feathers fall to the ground for a brief moment before they glow a bright pink and shoot back through the air, making it straight back to Jane and floating around her.

Yay! Friendship!

"Tch... if you were out here right now..." She growled. She was still angry she didn't get the chance to blow that Ghoul's head clean off with a gun, but her next murder attempt on Friend could wait. Jane, out of curiosity and annoyance, looked at the feathers glowing around her and grabbed one. Rather than being soft and fluffy like any other normal feather, it felt as hard as steel.

Friend can now use Friendship Feathers! Look! More friends! Play play play?

Suddenly, Jane's scarf moved and pointed ahead of her, bringing attention to the three new ghouls that had literally come from nowhere. Jane growled, her vein popping up on the side of her head. These things just won't give her a break.

"Oh come on! Don't I get a discount for being disabled? Gragh, whatever! I'm going to kill all of you!" She yelled, focusing her sights on one of them. As if sensing her intent to kill, the feathers floating around her start glowing. One by one they shed their plume and load themselves into an open slot on the rifle.

*click* *click* *click*

Once all the feathers are loaded in, the rifle briefly glows a bright pink. Jane, seeing this all happen, balances herself on one feet once again as she brings up the rifle. Jane didn't know how any of this magical stuff worked, but she wasn't dumb enough to not realize her gun had just been loaded... with feathers.

Friendmaker Friendthousand, locked and loaded! Ready for Explosive Friendship! c: said Friend, confirming her suspicions. Jane did like a good explosion when it involved the things she hated in life. Her menacing smile creeps up on her face yet again.

"...I swear to god you punk-ass dodo, if this doesn't work the only explosion happening here will be your body splattered on the floor." She growls, squeezing the stock of the rifle with her armpit as she steadied herself and took aim. Looking down the sights, she could see each of the ghouls outlined in dark, while the other girls around her were outlined with bright colors representative of their magical energy, Thorne in green, Kazuko in blue, and Karen in orange. Jane focuses her sights on the one at the dead center, she felt herself channeling all her rage and anger as she slowly wrapped her fingers around the grip. Magical energy starts to form at the very end of the rifle.

"OUT OF MY WAY YOU WEEBS! UNLESS YOU WANNA DIE!" She yells at them, her eyes flashing a fiery orange as she squeezes the trigger. In an instant, Jane is hit with the recoil of her rifle and falls flat on her butt as the magic gathered at the rifle's tip is discharged, shooting out in a beam of explosive energy toward the center ghoul.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

The Negative Zone

Kazuko did a short twirl in victory as soon as it seemed like she had managed to defeat the Ghoul. ... She then immediately felt self-conscious about it when she realized that the others could still see her. But this meant that they could go home now, right? This weird day would start making more sense now, right?

"Kazuko, gain some distance! We have more enemies approaching!"

Lamorak's words snapped her out of that little fantasy of hers. She felt herself tense up when she saw the new enemy: Three Ghouls. Technically her side still had the numbers advantage, but that knowledge didn't really quell the fear she felt. At the time, she still wasn't sure what the others were capable of in terms of their powers, so she made sure to closely observe what they were doing.

At some point, Thorne threw out the suggestion for Kazuko to try to freeze one of the Ghouls. Since she wanted to remain cautious in the face of having multiple opponents, she decided that was probably a good idea.

"Okay... Let's just... Try to do this..." Kazuko took a few deep breaths. Then, aiming at the Ghoul farthest to the left, she aimed her free hand at one of his feet and fired an ice blast that would try to temporarily freeze it. Ideally, the Ghoul would be caught completely off-guard. If not, then Kazuko would at least have managed to slow one down.

Wait a minute. She called me Miss Kazuko. ... Oh my goodness. This is the most embarrassing and most validating experience of my life. ... Wait. Focus, Kazuko.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

The Negative Zone

Karen watched as Thorne combined their two powers. Suddenly, Karen’s staff had become a formidable weapon. She let the barrier drop between the group and the Ghouls and gave the staff a twirl.

“Hey, neat! Thanks Thorne!”

She looked up at their other companions in the Negative Zone. Kazuko, after already vanquishing the first Ghoul, had her sights set on one of the new challengers. The new girl charged up her Magical Girl weapon and was about to light up the second. It seemed the last Ghoul was Karen and Thorne’s responsibility. Karen pointed her staff at the Ghoul before charging toward it.

“Did... did she just call us weebs? Uhh... Whatever... Come on Thorne, let’s go girlfriend! We’ve got this!”
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Negative Zone:

Finally, everything was coming together; Jane had learned to fire her weapon, Kazuko was doing her part of the plan, and Karen had WHAT DID SHE JUST CALL ME

Now it was Thorne's turn to be really gay as she desperately tried to shove the implications of the nickname down into the depths of her soul, but nonetheless froze, face reddening ever so slightly.

"oh my god. are you serious." chili's voice popped into her head, ever the voice of reason. "calm down you gay disaster. what kind of magical girl lets her emotions take over?"

"ALL OF THEM!!" Thorne blurted, her fluster turning to anger as she gathered more power in her hand. "NOW SHUT UP AND LET ME FIGHT!"

With that, Thorne struck the ground with her palm, sending another wave of many vines at the unoccupied Ghoul-- When they burst out from the ground, they seemed to flail and coil erratically like a writhing snake, but also seemed to be growing much faster and stronger.
DSY

Post by DSY »

Main Gate

The Blurry Fog housing the Ghoul shifted back and forth slightly.

-------------------

The Negative Zone

After forming, the Ghouls seemed to shamble around, slowly nearing the group more and more.
Something about them was not quite the same as the previous one, they were bigger. Only slightly, but, why was this?

A shot fired from the group and went straight through the torso of the middle Ghoul. The middle Ghoul fell into mush. But it did not disappear like the previous one, nor did it seem to reform itself.

Suddenly, the pile of mush the middle Ghoul turned into moved on it's own, skidding across the floor it charged at Jane as a blob, forming it's body as it got closer intent to lunge at her!

The ice blast aimed at the Ghouls feet seemed ineffective. The ice formed around the creature's feet but it merely broke off the frozen bits and reformed itself, frozen but not withstanding.

After being hit by the blast, the Ghoul began running at Kazuko. Intent seeming to be to attack head on once more!

The far right Ghoul turned immediately as it heard Thorne yell. It seemed to howl or roar in her general direction.
Was it angry? It roared as she placed her hands on he ground. And it seemed to move it's head around as if looking for something once the vines grew.

When they shot out of the ground they encompassed the Ghoul, which tore and kicked to try and get them off!
For right now, it was tied up, but for how long?