Forum games and roleplays discussion thread

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Forum games and roleplays discussion thread

Post by Enthalpy »

I... I'm really doing this, aren't I. What is wrong with me?!
Terrible idea. Terrible idea.
You're going to kill your sanity. You were spared once. Are you really going to throw yourself back into the fire?
Of course you will. You know you can't resist.
Well, of course I know that, but--
Gah. I really am doing this, aren't I?
The time is coming for Enthalpy Reads Whodunnit! For the uninitiated, Enthalpy Reads is an MST3K-inspired commentary that I am forced to write to keep my sanity while I read through an RP-thread. I've tackled the silliness of early-game SDR0 (curtain scalers, anyone?), and now I'm going to go after Whodunnit's mysteries. A few ground rules for how this is going to work:

1. I'll be poking fun at everybody equally; there's nothing personal here! Besides, when you have lines like As ruler of the universe, I decide that the logical first step is to admire some of the art pieces, and Desmyrr says: ''Hi.'', all you can do is embrace the insanity.
2. Since this is Whodunnit, I'll try my hand at solving the crime as well... I'm going to regret this, aren't I?
3. I'll be going at my own pace and schedule. I'll take requests in mind, but don't hold your breath for me to go through 10 pages every day. College starts for me in a couple of weeks, and I have other projects that I'm much more invested in.
4. I'll allow members of the audience to speak as they wish, but no spoilers, and keep it relevant to the game. There's no need to clutter up the log.
5. This will all be happening in Skype. Anybody who wants it needs to give me their Skype contact information, if I don't have it already.

I'll likely be starting this tomorrow night.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Post by DWaM »

as long as you get to the parts I need you to get to

here's all of my money

just take it
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Have fun reading everyone's adventures in the Magical Girl room, Enth.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

DWaM wrote:as long as you get to the parts I need you to get to

here's all of my money

just take it
This this this

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Enthalpy Reads is ready to start! Let the madness begin!

EDIT: And, done with page 30. The Witch of Soap is pleased to meet you, and just in case there are any fake arms lying about, you know who to call.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Roll call to know if there's still any interest for FERP. It's been lingering on me for a long time now that I haven't made an effort so far to get it back into shape, and my schedule is pretty much even busier than before, but I really would hate to leave people hanging. So basically, if I revive FERP, who's still in it? (I'd also allow character tweaks so people feel more comfortable RPing as their characters as long as classes and stats remain the same.)
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

I'm still in.

(I want to write my legit character dammit ;-; )

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

Edgar still needs to prove himself as an axe-wielding War Monk! YES, I AM STILL IN.
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

so
You finally caved.

...Well, since you say we can re-app the characters, (or whatever you do mean by "tweak," but hopefully there's enough room to improve on the character front,) sure.
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

I'm fine with whatever you're doing with your character, hell, even if you want something entirely new as long as it works out somehow (with join conditions, etc.) and if you keep the stats and class the same.
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

I can pick Eowyn back up. But I'm still saving my second character for that mandrake spot. Image
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

I can sign back on. It'll be weird writing as Camila again considering the presence of a character with nearly the same name in FE14, but... Well, I'll just treat it as a weird funny thing rather than a bothersome thing.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

I'd be up for it.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
spd12

Post by spd12 »

Mono, I have to voice concern as you have said in your post that you're "even busier than before."

Don't stress over things to pick back up if time is going to be an issue for you in running the game. I have not seen anyone complain about the game going down in recent memory. Since people seem enthusiastic to pick up, I'd say it's better to wait until you know you'll have more time to run the game.