RP: Endless Time (New players welcome!)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: RP: Endless Time (New players welcome!)

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Spoiler : @Mario :
For now, your app is rejected, but don't lose hope! This is workable, but it'll take some effort.

The first problem I see here is the clothes. It's very modern, and this is a more medieval kind of RP, with the occasional sci-fi influence. But the real biggest problem I see is that you have "Mario" in your username (After the game character, I'm guessing) and this character honestly looks like someone who's dressing up as Mario. Now, I wouldn't normally hold that against you, since I have had my characters wear the same outfits as characters in other fictional works, but when he has the ability to "shoot fire" and "jump abnormally high", it really seems unoriginal, and a part of me thinks that this is a self-insert, but I'll give you the benefit of doubt. I would recommend altering the outfit, to be honest. I'm not even much of a Mario fan, and I still noticed it.

Another problem I see is that your character seems too powerful, to be honest. He is apparently an expert thinker who is excellent at combat in every way, AND has fire magic, which I presume is rather deadly. I'm going to have to ask you to either nerf these abilities (or remove a few of them), or elaborate on just how "strong", "smart", (And so on) he actually is.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Mario360
Spoken languages: English

Post by Mario360 »

Spoiler : :
:shock: Apparently Mario has secretly influenced him, as I had no idea of that during his development. Though I apologize for making him look so modern, he is actually a Super Hero idea I had, but tried to make him fit into the setting. So from my viewpoint, I tried to make him incomparable to Superman. here are the changes I will make: torn clothes, whitish-brown shirt, navy blue pants, no belt, shirt now resembles a t-shirt, brown shoes now black boots, he has to recharge his fire attack after using it for to long, and the fire balls them-selves are the size of tennis balls(and for the most part only leave minor burns on whatever they hit) or he uses a stream of it, witch tires him out faster, he may be super intelligent, with an IQ of 300, but, he didn't finish his studies of combat, but, knows some mixed martial arts, clumsy as he can't 100% control his abilities quite yet, and can now only lift .5 tons normally and 1.5 under pressure.

Here is what he looks like now:
If you need me to change the color of the shirt I got that on stand-by
Thank you and have a nice day :D
GuardianDreamer

That SHOULD be fine now, but it's still kind of borderline, so I'll have to keep a close eye on this character. And if necessary, I might have to nerf him further, but hopefully that won't be needed. Anyway, I can't formally accept this application yet. You need to repost your application with all the changes, or edit your original application.
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Remilia Scarlet

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

An IQ of 300 seems kinda over-the-top...
GuardianDreamer

Wait, Remi made me think of something. I don't really believe in IQ, but how would he know his IQ level? I'm pretty sure most of the world isn't that advanced yet, and this character isn't from the sci-fi parts.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Mario360

Post by Mario360 »

Like I said in his background, he has traveled the world. and one of his stops was in Darath, where he spent the longest chunk of his 2 years traveling studying the technology there, but, if it is TOO over the top, I'll lower it to 200. Although, I'm not sure how he would know this unless there was some sort of IQ test.

In unrelated news, i got a new signature
GuardianDreamer

Your application still hasn't been updated...
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Mario360

Post by Mario360 »

Hm? What do you mean?
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

An IQ of 200? Just throwing this out there, you've made Zachary roughly as intelligent as Steven Hawking. It's not like this is an impossible scenario or anything, but you may want to consider the difficulty of writing such a character in accordance with his IQ.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
GuardianDreamer

I meant that you need to re-post your application with all the changes, so if we ever need to reference your application, all the information can be in one place. Also, you might want to follow LP's advice. I really don't believe that IQ influences as much as people seem to think it does, but I can see why other people might have a problem with it.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Mario360

Post by Mario360 »

My character for this RP.

username: Mario360

Character name: Zachary Elkmann

Appearance: Tall for his age, about 5ft 11in, hairdo is brown and is combed regularly, wears a torn, whitish-brown t-shirt, black boots, torn navy blue pants, and has an average build, big triangular nose, and always wears Glasses.

Abilities: Despite his build, he has super strength, knows some mixed martial arts, can manipulate any source of fire around him, and can quickly learn how to use a weapon or a piece of technology he comes into contact with.

Nation: Born in Yalara, but, has went around the world studying the aspects and cultures of each of the nations

Backstory: Born in Yalara, Zachary always wanted to know all there is to know about his world. Then finally, at the age of 12, with his family no longer able to afford sending him to school, where he learned how to fight, he went traveling around the other nations in the pursuit of knowledge. During his 2 years of travels, He went to Darath to study technology and Fellum to study magic, then one day, as he was strolling around Fellum he was hit accidentally with some magic that came from a mage's 2nd story window and passed out on the street. He woke up in the middle of nowhere to find out he has all the abilities listed above other than intelligence, witch he already had. He then practices using his powers for 6 months then he goes out to use his new abilities for good.

Other info: unbeknownst to him, he honed his powers in Alia. He also has a small sense of humor, and is easy-going when not in danger, he is also quite clumsy, as he hasn't fully learned how to use his abilities quite yet

Here is his picture:
(Note: this is the revised version of my first application)
GuardianDreamer

Please insert the part about how he needs to recharge his fire powers after a while, the fact that they're the size of tennis balls, and only leave minor burns. (This should be the final revision, I promise. After that, you should be all set.)
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Mario360

Post by Mario360 »

My character for this RP.

username: Mario360

Character name: Zachary Elkmann

Appearance: Tall for his age, about 5ft 11in, hairdo is brown and is combed regularly, wears a torn, whitish-brown t-shirt, black boots, torn navy blue pants, and has an average build, big triangular nose, and always wears Glasses.

Abilities: Despite his build, he has super strength, knows some mixed martial arts, can manipulate any source of fire around him, and can quickly learn how to use a weapon or a piece of technology he comes into contact with.

Nation: Born in Yalara, but, has went around the world studying the aspects and cultures of each of the nations

Backstory: Born in Yalara, Zachary always wanted to know all there is to know about his world. Then finally, at the age of 12, with his family no longer able to afford sending him to school, where he learned how to fight, he went traveling around the other nations in the pursuit of knowledge. During his 2 years of travels, He went to Darath to study technology and Fellum to study magic, then one day, as he was strolling around Fellum he was hit accidentally with some magic that came from a mage's 2nd story window and passed out on the street. He woke up in the middle of nowhere to find out he has all the abilities listed above other than intelligence, witch he already had. He then practices using his powers for 6 months then he goes out to use his new abilities for good.

Other info: unbeknownst to him, he honed his powers in Alia. He also has a small sense of humor, and is easy-going when not in danger, he is also quite clumsy, as he hasn't fully learned how to use his abilities quite yet. He recharges his fire ability by either waiting (It takes 5 days) or by absorbing a raging flame (The smallest he can harness is a campfire, but, he won't fully recharge from it.) This actually makes him mostly immune to fire's negative effects, as all he gets is a little warm.

Here is his picture:
Hopefully, this is the last edit I have to make.
GuardianDreamer

Okay, after all of that, you are now accepted.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Mario360

Post by Mario360 »

Cool. I don't know where to begin... so for the time being, I'm a little stuck. :(