RP: Requiem of the Shadows - And Then You Hated The GM

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Re: RP: Requiem of the Shadows - And Then You Hated The GM

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Now I feel like a tool for signing up with a joke character.

Also, damn, Shiori gonna get nerfed to low tier.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
deHughes
Spoken languages: English

Post by deHughes »

Your character is at least serious enough to pass on by. Yes, there are comedic aspects but you worked with me to make her more serious when the time to actually use her(in a game where seriousness matters). You also worked with the backstory you were given and overall respected the position of "Game Master/Moderator/whatever."

Gav did not. He tossed all aspects of that out the window because he wanted to be nothing more than a flat, one note joke.

And Shiori still looks damn solid to me, BB. So I think you crazy. She's still pretty high tier compared to other characters who can barely fight.
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
Patchouli

Post by Patchouli »

So then given the circumstances, it would make sense I guess for the characters to maybe let go of some of their previous inhibitions without seeming too OOC. That's good to know and I'll keep it in mind. Thanks Trufy!

I tried to balance out my app a bit, but I have a feeling its not perfect so please just let me know what needs to change and I'll fix it.
Spoiler : App :
Name: Ryuji Onozuka

Battle Psychology: Ryuji is a punk that loves a good fight, and has zero tolerance for those who pick on the weak. Generally stays on the offensive and doesn't like to have to think while brawling. Pretty much a tank. Is known to ignore serious wounds in favor of fighting, even if it makes them worse. This makes him a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to injured friends/teammates, whom he will chastise for fighting while wounded, turning him into somewhat of a mother hen.

Skills:
> Suplex: Of the German variety. After managing to get behind his opponent, Ryuji grabs them around the waist, lifts them up, and falls backwards while bridging his back and legs, slamming the opponent down to the floor shoulder and upper back first.
> Ranged Execution: Uses physical strength to hurl his axe, sending it spinning through the air and to his opponent. Downside is he has to retrieve his weapon.
> Blood Rush: Utilizing his element, Ryuji sends a surge of blood to the opponent's brain, dizzying them and possibly causing them to lose consciousness (? Not sure if this is allowed because of potential god-modding; can be tweaked of course if necessary).
> Forced Submission: Requiring a clear head and significant concentration, Ryuji can bend his enemy's blood, and thus their body, to his will, essentially turning them into a marionette. Can be easily interrupted and won't work if he can't see the enemy. (Also unsure of if this is allowed - essentially the "manipulation of blood" seems to imply having a lot to do with seizing control of another, but since this could be seen as god-modding, I'm a little unsure)

Utility Ability: The ability to clot blood from flowing out of an open wound. Requires a lot of concentration and cannot be used in battle.

Element: Blood

Strengths:
+ Lots of stamina, can endure some pretty brutal punishment
+ High physical strength; definitely a heavy-hitter
+ Just... blood-bending

Weaknesses:
- Generally gullible, susceptible to trickery and easily ticked-off/riled up
- His morals leave him extremely reluctant to utilize his manipulation of blood in a fight, and also won't allow him to hit a woman
- Isn't particularly fast on his own; made even slower when wielding an axe
- Irrationally terrified of the supernatural, including demons, despite his affiliation as Faithful

Appearance:

Just... pretend he's completely blond ok
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

deHughes wrote:Your character is at least serious enough to pass on by. Yes, there are comedic aspects but you worked with me to make her more serious when the time to actually use her(in a game where seriousness matters). You also worked with the backstory you were given and overall respected the position of "Game Master/Moderator/whatever."

Gav did not. He tossed all aspects of that out the window because he wanted to be nothing more than a flat, one note joke.

And Shiori still looks damn solid to me, BB. So I think you crazy. She's still pretty high tier compared to other characters who can barely fight.
That was mostly a joke. Because in the FGC, My main's getting nerfed: Zomg low tier D:
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Ohai everyone. Taking a moment to say that I will have Akira's app ready when I'm finished with work.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Does the utility ability have to be something that manifests due to supernatural powers?
Dem cult scouts would fit pretty well here, but that's not exactly supernatural.
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

Darnit. So I wasn't paranoid after all. :(

All points fixed, and I agree to the terms of point 3. Quicksand has also been nerfed so that it weakens with repeated use, and Siren's Torment no longer rejuvinates allies.
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

...Wow Patchy your RP characters name is Ryuji for some reason I always read it at Ryoji herp derp
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Well, Kokoro's usefulness seems like it'll depend on who she goes up against, and if she manages to get into a team or not. But she seems to be one of the characters who can adapt to plenty of situations, so I'm happy. Healer AND fire mage in one is never a bad combo.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Patchouli

Post by Patchouli »

Hmmm I'm thinking of possibly changing Ryuji's Utility Ability to something non-healing since that seems to be a common one (or maybe its just Kokoro but I thought I remembered at least one other person having it), and the less people being able to heal, the more likely they'd have to be forced to team up with each other. HMMMMM but I dunno what I'd change it to either. IDK I'll wait for word from Truf before making any changes, which I feel like will be inevitable because I think I'm doing this wrong haha. xD
BBblader_Wampyr wrote:...Wow Patchy your RP characters name is Ryuji for some reason I always read it at Ryoji herp derp
RYUJI SAYS HOW DARE YOU
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

As I said in Xat I tried to make Yuzu intentionally underpowered. I've seen all the RP Tournament drama and I can do without getting godmod called on every little thing I do. Sooo letting people walk all over me works just as well.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Patchouli

Post by Patchouli »

Yeah I'm hoping that Ryuji's glaring weaknesses might balance/cancel out some potential god-modding (which is obviously still under review, but like I said I'm unsure of how else to represent "control over blood" so yeah), for example I think he'd be pretty crippled fighting Moshi or Yasui because of his phobia, and since he won't attack a girl, that's gonna make it difficult to go up against Yuzu, Kokoro or Shiori (is that all of them?).
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Female characters include Yuzu, Kokoro, Shiori, Saori, and Mi. That's about half the students. Yeah... That's going to be a really big weakness.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Patchouli

Post by Patchouli »

Oh woops, sorry Saori and Mi! And yeah I suppose you're right... Not sure if it balances out a potentially-OP character or if it just makes him completely useless but we'll see how it goes.
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

...I could say something about Ryuji's weakness. But private app means I'm not allowed to.

If nothing else Patchy you and I could just be low tier buddies.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage