RP: Requiem of the Shadows - And Then You Hated The GM

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Master Of Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Re: RP: Requiem of the Shadows - And Then You Hated The GM

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Truf, must I post my Demon info publicly, or can I pm them to you?
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Patchouli

Post by Patchouli »

BB we will rock the low tier to its core my friend
Master Of Chaos

GD will just get another perfect roll and kill us all. Duh.
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Still no reply? Oh well, came up with something else anyway. xP
Spoiler : Ohohohoho, fixed :
Name: Saori Saikyou

Battle Psychology: Saori prefers to keep her distance and let others do "the dirty work". If things aren't looking well she'll probably fire some projectiles or other sneaky ranged attacks. Only when nothing else proves to be effective she'll get up and move into melee combat. Once focused on an enemy she just keeps trying to kill them until they're dead. She always makes her own decisions in battle and doesn't really understand the concept of teamwork.

Skills: Skill: Princess of Darkness: Darkness is good for Saori, not only because she can make weapons out of it. First of all, bigger weapons can be created faster if it's darker.(note that once weapons are formed they're not that easily washed away by any source of light anymore) Saori's stats increase depending on the level of darkness in the vicinity and grant her somewhat of a regeneration. All darkness-based effects and attacks heal her instead of damaging her.

Move: Obey me!: Saori's body is only a vessel. She can leave it and take control of someone else for a short period of time. However, during that time her own body falls into trance, and is rather vulnerable. Doing this more than once per day would also exhaust her too much. She has a fair amount of control over the target, but cannot make them do things that go entirely against their nature, seeing how the original soul is still in the body.

Move: Black Portal: This basically lets Saori use any sufficiently dark surface as a portal to another location (which also needs to be sufficiently dark. As a rule of thumb: normally anything not directly shined on by a source of light). Well, if the whole area is completely dark it works just like regular teleporting. In that case she could be everywheeere.

Move: Gates of Misery: Saori can charge her strength to completely control all darkness nearby. It'll move and concentrace in one or several spots to create one or several dark enough holes (well, assuming the place isn't already completely dark, in which case this would be almost impossible to dodge) she can instantly pull weapons out from. Just once, she can have weapons (either as spikes or a ton of projectiles) shoot out of all dark places created with this. The spots of concentrated darkness will then stay unless somehow attacked. This move requires some time to charge up and normally cannot be used more than once unless she has a lot of time to recover her energy. (the charging process can be temporarily interrupted, though overexhaustion or severe injuries will reset it)

Utility Ability: Do not disturb the princess!: Saori can cancel out all light reflected off her and people near her, making them essentially invisible as long as they stay in that spot. This requires concentration, so it cannot be used during battle, and she cannot walk around or do anything else significant except talking during this. Any attack made in (or shot into) this field will instantly cancel it and make it unusable for the rest of that day.

Element: Darkness

Strengths: -Saori can be really determined and is capable of ignoring pain through sheer willpower. Might have something to do with the fact her body is just a vessel. Nothing can make her lose her will to fight.
- In addtion to that, she actually knows a lot about weapons, seeing how she can create just about any. She knows her fair deal about weapon triangles and whatnot, and is unlikely to fail in using exactly the kind of weapon that counters the weapon of her opponent.
-Rather quick, seeing how she doesn't have to carry anything heavy around.

Weaknesses: -A horrible teammate if the others don't adapt to whatever she's doing. In fact, she'd even attack her own teammates if they're in the way.
-Easily taunted. She might make a very reckless move just because she was humiliated.
-She may somewhat make up for her lack of physical strength by the sheer power of her determination, she may be able to create superior equipment out of nowhere, but that still doesn't make her a great fighter. Her skill with any weapon is average at best, if not worse.
Last edited by Blackrune on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

I'm not trying to sound pesky, but what do we need together before we can get started? It's nothing like "ZOMG START NOW", it's just that as I've stated, I'm on break from the majority of the forums minus this so I'm a tad overexcited for this to start.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Master Of Chaos

We're waiting on Coolio, and possibly Sluethykins (Though I think he's exempt as he's currently away) I'll try to get Coolio if he gets on the xat.

Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Spoiler : :
Also me. I'll have one up by tonight.

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

It's tomorrow. :P
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Sleuth

Re: RP: Requiem of the Shadows - And Then Akira Showed Up

Post by Sleuth »

For shame, Drey. How DARE you make an approximation of time and then not live up to it. *hit with hypocrisy hammer*

At any rate, Akira's is almost done-- Just need to fit in all the skills, and I may or may not need to revise it.

Akira is TOTALLY top tier, though.

EDIT: All done. BEHOLD THE GLORY.
Spoiler : The Smiling Shadow of 1000 Knives :
Name: Akira Kagekami

Battle Psychology: Akira is by no means a warrior; as such, his battle style is erratic, and constantly changing. He relies on trickery and deception to get in close, where he is a much more adept fighter. His weapon of choice, knives, are short range, but he is capable of throwing them, making him an alternative close-long range fighter. He makes use of his abilities to move in for the kill when the time is right. In a straight-on fight, however, Akira is not nearly as effective, and can easily be punished by opponents stronger than him. He is a lightweight fighter, so he can be easily tossed around by even moderately strong fighters, and while he can take quite a few hits, he can't give much back without his weapons. Don't expect him to be throwing anything more fancy than a right hook when it comes to hand-to-hand combat.

Skills: You may have up to four skills and/or moves. To clarify; whereas skills are passive enhancements and… well… skills, moves are active actions/attacks that are pre-set, that once executed take off that little bit more damage (or perhaps have other effects that aren’t damage-dealing…). Example, you could be a great swordsman, and then create three awesome moves. Again, try to be creative here; fireballs may be fun, but they’re done to death.

• [Move] Vorpal Strike: (1 Day Cooldown. Ex. Use Day 4, unable to use again until Day 5)
Akira channels the deadly force of the Heavens into his dagger, then performs a mighty stab that can deal heavy damage. Akira's most powerful move, it is not instantly fatal, as it used to be, but is still a force to be reckoned with.

• [Move] Dagger of Darkness: Akira channels shadow energy into an object (usually his pens) and turns it into a throwing weapon that explodes on impact, creating a burst of shadow energy. The blast is rather small, but if combined, can make a bigger or more effective blast.

• [Skill] Shadows Cover All: If Akira enters an area draped in darkness, he will become invisible to your foes while remaining visible to his allies. He must name his "allies" in order for them to see him, though. If he does not, he remains invisible to them.

• [Skill] Death's Shadow: (1 Day Cooldown) Akira creates a field of shadows around the enemy that slowly saps their health from afar. It is NOT a drain move, however, and will remain around the enemy as long as Akira can support the field, meaning that he can't use his Moves at the same time as the field. The enemy can remove the field if they have powerful source of light that removes the shadow, or if they can disperse the shadow using some other tactic that I didn't think of. The shadow itself works kind of like a poison, steadily weakening the enemy, but it cannot knock out the enemy completely, meaning that Akira can't just hide from afar and kill the enemy with it.

Utility Ability: Eye of Shadows - Akira can "read" others' shadows, allowing him to sense their emotions, primarily negative ones, such as anger or sadness. This requires concentration, and cannot be used in the heat of battle.

Element: Shadows Which is somehow different from Darkness.

Strengths:

• Akira is rather... Crazy, in a nutshell. (I KNOW WHAT A SHOCK) As time has gone on, his craziness has subdued (somewhat) but overall, he's still extremely paranoid and distrustful. I count this as both a strength AND a weakness, because it may be advantageous or disadvantageous depending on the situation.

• Akira is very clever and crafty, able to see through most ruses or traps. He most always is up to something, and is willing to trick and lie to others. However, he is less willing to toy with his friends after all that they've been through.

• Akira has a high threshold for pain, and can go on for a while while sustaining heavy injuries. This boosted stamina makes him rather hard to kill unless he's hit with a clean shot or instantly fatal blow.

Weaknesses:

• Akira's frayed mental state, combined with the friendships he formed during the series proper, has made him rather loathe to kill-- While he's eager to fight, his issues surrounding actually murdering people he's come to care for shakes his resolve a bit. This also applies to his willingness to trick or manipulate his friends as well.

• Akira is limited by his surroundings-- If there's no place to run or hide, or if he's forced into a situation where he cannot use the terrain to his advantage, he can quickly be subdued in a head-to-head fight.

• Akira has low endurance, and would be unable to win a fight based solely on brute strength. If he has been hit severely, then he can be outlasted by his opponent. He is also a lightweight, and can be tossed around easily by stronger foes, provided they can get a good hit in.

• In the midst of his insanity, Akira can be quite vulnerable. This makes him distrusting of his partners, and may slip deeper into insanity and lose his ability to think logically. He can stay sane for the most part, but if something traumatic occurs, he's very likely to snap.
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

@Patchy <3: If you're okay with not being able to fight half the cast, then this app is accepted. But uh, I would hope that you change "won't allow him to hit a woman" to "will only hit a woman under circumstances of extreme pressure. Like dying if he doesn't." Doesn't mean it won't affect you in combat is weaker, but you actually have a chance of survival against the girls. Because Saori and Shiori done be mean girls.

@Chaos: Demons have been accepted. Because of storyline reasons, they will not be posted publicly until their first appearance; the same with BB's app. This means that they are kept secret for now, but you have knowledge when fights do occur.

@Rune: Under certain conditions, your app is accepted. These conditions are as followed.
  • - Princess of Darkness' "absorb Darkness attacks" do not apply to Saori's own attacks. She cannot stab herself in the brain to suddenly be at full health. Okay... maybe once or twice per fight, but don't overuse it.
    - Don't know how you intend to tell the time of your utility... so that part can basically go unless you just want to have it fail on you on purpose. ^^'
    - You offer your victims to the RNG Goddess. (This is optional)
@Wacky: Rejected because you made me do more work and give you an exact number. Accepted and let's say 10. And to clarify, that's the number of posts you have in that form, not that it's on cooldown for.

@Sleuth: Rejected for questioning how Shadow is different than Darkness. Accepted and it's because Darkness is made from sheer lack of light, while Shadow is cast when light is involved. Even the "good guys" have a dark side, yadayada, symbolism.

~~ Announcement ~~
New Game's OoC thread is now up and the game begins on Monday regardless of whether all apps are in or not. The majority of Day 1 will be your character alone, gaining a bunch of exposition and doing stuff alone. So hurry up with those apps or you about to be left behind~
(Yeah, this means I'm gonna be busy as hell juggling around 8-9 people at once. I know.)
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

HOLY CRAP I FORGOT REYSON EXISTED I AM SO SORRY OH MY GOD I FEEL LIKE A HORRIBLE PERSON

Reyson, if you want to play, make up whatever you want. And if you could, include an appearance and personality in that app. I really hate digging for all these old apps.

Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Spoiler : Let's do this! :
Name: Heako Kearagi

Battle Psychology: Heako prefers fast and precision strikes, keeping at a medium distance during combat - close enough to attack quickly if his enemy tries to use a ranged attack, and far enough away that it is easier to evade physical strikes. He can easily fly into a rage in battle, whereupon he will use mostly his Nodachi, hacking and slashing furiously.

Element: Wind.

Skills:
Diffusion (SKILL) - Heako can turn himself into an invisible gas and diffuse himself through the air, allowing him to essentially teleport with a reasonable amount of speed, although it is not instantaneous. He can also diffuse certain parts of him, such as limbs, although this is difficult. It is possible to use this ability to avoid sword strikes, but only if he has a good few seconds notice.
Flight (SKILL) - Heako is able to move weightlessly through the air with relative speed, which gives him dozens of new ways to attack and use terrain to his advantage. Unfortunately, flying is taxing on him, and cannot be kept up for more than a couple of minutes at a time.
Air Blade (ATTACK) - Heako can slice with his blade, and create a radiating blade of air that travels much further than the blade itself. The further the slash travels, the larger it becomes. It's size is inversely proportional to it's strength. (The further the slice travels, the larger it gets, but the weaker it becomes.
Atmospheric Manipulation (SKILL) - Heako can manipulate the air around him into dense shapes. Using it offensively is very ineffective, but using it as a way to block and slow attacks is much easier.

Utility Ability: Atmospheric Warp - Heako can warp the air around him to conceal his presence and partially muffle his footsteps. It requires too much focus to be performed in battle, but can be used to hide from pursues or tail his prey.

Strengths:
- Due to his element, Heako is extremely agile and speedy.
- He can move fast and strike with deadly precision. Getting in range of his elongated Nodachi is a truly terrible idea.
- Heako's high I.Q. allows for him to analyze his opponent's personality and fighting style, making him much more efficient in combat.

Weaknesses:
- Heako is not durable. Once he starts taking hits, he becomes hindered by pain quickly.
- Once he flies into a rage, Heako becomes blind to danger. He will rush into any situation, no matter how bad an idea it is.
- Heako is hesitant to kill or seriously hurt anyone, due to his previous affiliation to both sides.
Last edited by Drey Wilkins on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Saori would never stab herself. Even if it's technically for healing, that's a way too shameful action for her. So I guess that works out. (well it wasn't meant to apply that way to her own attacks anyway. Her own stuff still can't hurt her though.)
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

@Drey: You are DODGED-Accept-BLOCKED-ed. Enjoy your- DODGED- time playing- DODGED- the ga- WE CAN STILL GET A SURGEON - me.

Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

deHughes wrote:@Drey: You are DODGED-Accept-BLOCKED-ed. Enjoy your- DODGED- time playing- DODGED- the ga- WE CAN STILL GET A SURGEON - me.
Puh-lease. I'll play nice. No overuse of blocking and dodging here. No sir-ee.

Eenope.