RP: Cold State.

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

If I were to add an extra Zombie type to the list, which would you prefer?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:07 am

Dog Zombie
17%
Screachers(Burst Blood vessels)
33%
Smokers(Let off smoke when attacked)
50%
All of the above
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 6

Kruiser666
Spoken languages: English

Re: RP: Cold State.

Post by Kruiser666 »

"Fine. Leave us both here it is, then."

Markess took a step backwards, widening his eyes not expecting the answer he got. How could someone just sit down in this empty world and wait to die? Markess didn't like what he was doing but it was for the best.

"Don't be stupid, you'll die here. Don't die for her, come with me, leave her." Markess said lowering his bow.

Markess felt bad for Cormac, he seemed like a good guy. Cormac was obviously skilled at shooting someone Markess wouldn't mind having around.

"Just leave her! Who is she to you anyway, shes just a sick girl. There isn't anything you can do Cormac. Die with her, or survive with me."
ASHES ARE KEY
Creator of Jax, Wild, The Mayor and Nina from RP:Endless Time.
Creator of Brooke Pearson and Markess Holloway from RP:Cold State.
Creator of Kerenth Miller from RP:Infinite Odyssey.
Creator of Kruiser666, Trigen and Chance from RP:Where Anything Goes.
User of Captain America and Sam Fisher in RP: Dimensional Chaos.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Cormac half-heartedly chuckled at Markess' remarks. "Heh...who is she to me?"

Cormac stared back down at Elaine. "She's a lot more than just some sick girl. She's a friend to me. Hell, more than a friend even. True, I haven't known her for too long, but this outbreak makes days feel like years. It's a nice thought, just forgettin' everyone...tryin' to just live...but it's not somethin' I can do. What kind of leader would I be if I just let my allies bite the dust protectin' me? When yer in this kind of position, ya tend to find somethin' to cling onto...somethin' to make survivin' actually worth it..."

Cormac's eyes rose from Elaine to Markess, meeting his stare. "..and for me, that thing is Ellie. So I'm not leavin' her, no matter what the odds say against me livin'. If she dies, I don't even care about survivin'. There'd just be no point."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

Markess strung his bow around his shoulder, no longer feeling the need for it. Only ten steps away was the door, outside he could see the car he would leave in. He didn't want to leave Cormac but he didn't want to risk being infected. Markess walked to the door trying not to look back. But he couldn't quite bring himself to leave them to die.

"Cormac give me your gun. I'm leaving but I can stop her bleeding." Markess said reaching for the gloves in his pocket."Come on throw the gun here!"
ASHES ARE KEY
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Cormac reached for one of his holsters and took out the revolver. He stared at it for a moment before looking up towards Markess.

"You were pointin' an arrow at us only a few seconds ago. Ya honestly think I can trust ya with a gun?"

He was about to reholster the revolver, but he stopped to think. If he gave Markess the gun, there was a slim chance Elaine could be shot and killed. If he didn't, there was a chance she could possible be saved from a slow demise. The thought was difficult for him...but he realized he'd have to trust Markess, if only slightly.

"...Alright. Take it." He tossed the revolver to Markess. "But don't think I'm just gonna let you go near her with a loaded gun like that." He took out a second revolver, pointing it towards Markess' head. "If you can help her, do it. But if I so much as see yer finger flinch in a dangerous way, yer brains will make for some nice graffiti."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

Markess put on his gloves before picking up the gun. He unloaded the bullets into the palms of his hands. He placed the bullets on the and reached into his pocket. Next to the bullets Markess threw down his knife and a lighter.

"This is gonna hurt Cormac, and you're gonna have to do it." Markess said.

With the knife in his right hand and a bullet in the other Markess begun to cut the lead from the shell. He emptied the contents of the shell onto the floor, the gunpowder. Bullet after bullet the pile of explosive powder grew slightly bigger. Markess had never tried this on such a big wound but it's all he could do.

"Cormac take this powder." He said backing away from it. "Spread it across her wound... and light it. It should stop the bleeding though that's the least of your worries."

With that Markess was gone, he unlocked the door to his car and took off down the street. He was glad to be alive and on his way to the church where hopefully extraction would be available.
ASHES ARE KEY
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Cormac stayed silent the whole time, even as Markess drove away. He had already lowered the gun by the time the bullets were drained of their gunpowder. He continued to stand still, not wanting to bring himself to move. However, the small pool of blood beneath Elaine's arm told him he had to. No matter how much it would hurt her...and him.

Cormac removed his coat as he bent down next to Elaine. He twisted one of the coat's sleeves, tightening it significantly. He placed his hand on Elaine's cheek, with no reaction.

"Bare with me, Ellie..." Laying her across the ground, Cormac gently lowered her jaw with his hand, opening her mouth. He placed the sleeve beween her teeth. This would be incredibly painful, and she'd need something to bite down on.

"Alright...here we go..." Cormac held his breath as he spread the gunpowder over the large wound on her arm. His gut twisted as he finished spreading it, and he motioned his hand towards the lighter. He felt guilty tears slip down his face like rain on a window. He began to click the lighter, trying to start the small fire. After a couple of tries, the lighter sparked and the flame was ready.

Cormac moved the flame towards the gunpowder, holding the arm down to keep her from tearing it away.

"I'm sorry Ellie...I'm so sorry..."

As the fire ignited, Elaine's teeth clamped down on the sleeve. Moans of pain that were nearly shrieks managed to escape her throat. Her eyes were tightly shut. Her back arched in pure agony. Cormac felt a tugging at her arm, but he kept it pinned down.

"Please, please, please...bare with me!"

Elaine's eyes shot open, wider than ever before. Tears rolled down her face, and her teeth's grip on the sleeve grew even tighter. Her free hand clawed at the ground, and her feet spazzed and kicked about. Yet Cormac was determined. Tears rolling down his face, he kept Elaine's arm down.

"It's almost done...calm down...it's almost done..."

The fire was finally finished. Cormac dropped the lighter to the ground and let go of Elaine's arm. He buried his face in the sleeve of his sweater, trying to wipe off his tears. Elaine seemed to go numb, and she went perfectly still, staring emptily at the sky with tears welling in her wide eyes. Her iron bite on the sleeve had relaxed, leaving the coat half draped over her body.

Cormac put his hand on her cheek once more. "God...I'm so sorry Ellie...I had to stop the bleedin' somehow...Please...God, please forgive me..." Elaine didn't respond. Cormac didn't expect her to. Hopefully when the pain had died down, he might be able to get something out of her.

Standing up, Cormac wiped his face once more. "I'll be right back, Ellie...I need to quickly grab something to disinfect the wounds. I'm...I'm sorry." He went back inside the hospital, running for some disinfectant, praying that Elaine would be fine when he got back out.

Pyro-geddon

Post by Pyro-geddon »

Spoiler : :
Accepting the trade, Brooke or as she called herself "Annie" brainstormed the information she'd learned from the past 30 days. She wasn't sure why she lied to this man about her name, it's not like he' could do anything with it.

"From what I've seen, out there" Brooke said pointing to the country-side."There aren't any survivors, but there isn't as many of "these" things out there either. Now that enough for a ride?"
Chris was unsure for a second, was this really all the information that she knew about what was going on?. He felt as if she knew more but it wasn't as if he had a hat full of choices to chose from right now.

Sighing he nodded "sure", but he noticed the hunting noise of approaching zombies. He quickly moved over to the passengers side door and flung it open, "wed better get moving then" he said.
"By the way where are you hoping to go to on this fine evening", looking around nervously.
Life without imagination is DEAD.
Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

"By the way where are you hoping to go to on this fine evening" Chris said looking around.

Brooke found what he said strange. It seemed that he'd forgotten about the zombie outbreak maybe it him just trying to make his days normal. Brooke hasn't had a normal day over the past month, she spends most of her days looking over a shoulder just hoping there isn't a walker or something worse behind her.

"Uh... Shelter" Brooke said closing the car door behind her. "Maybe some place with water or food. What about you?"
Pyro, wanted to ask if you know about the radio transmission. A couple post back I introduced something for characters to go and do, though I don't know if you were a member then. Anyway your character may have heard it before, if you want to bring it up here's what it said:

"Hello? If anyone is listening this message it's coming from Watertown church." The radio reception fades."Houses... Shelter. We have extraction out of..." The radio reception dies.

Remember this would of happened a hour/2 ago I think.
EDIT:
I've made some changes to the OP. Like taken away the useless weather map and added/taken away some stuff under gameplay! I have also added a new section : Sub plot. Please have a read. :D
ASHES ARE KEY
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Morgan was having a really bad day.

He'd tripped three times in the last five hours. That hadn't been much fun. His clothes were an absolute mess - once white trousers were splattered in mud, blood, and god knows what. A once tidy jacket was now just barely able to cling to his inhumanly dry skin after the battering it had taken. Wrinkles were forming faster than ever on Morgan's face and despite his moderate youth, his hairline was receeding. Truly, the epitome of a bad day. But that's not all. Regardless of all the stunning dental care in the world, his teeth were slipping out fast. A hoarse, ragged cough found its way out his body, a trickle of blood sloshing along for the ride. Influenza? Judging from the constant nosebleeds, it was probably something much worse. He coughed again. Due to decidedly poor leg condition, the most movement he could manage was a pathetically slow limp. Morgan seemed aimless, almost as if sleepwalking or... suffering from some kind of stroke. No matter where the pained man went, there wasn't a single doctor in New York who would even speak to him. Or do anything, really. Maybe there was something going around and they'd all caught it too. Presumably disraught, Morgan Small began to moan. A sluggish wail emitted from his broken system; but it was only a matter of seconds before his tortured voice gave way. ... Lock-jaw. It was then that his pitiful body was brought to its knees. There was only one desire in Morgan's heart, and one would call it quite peculiar indeed. He'd found himself oddly fixated on a particular human organ. Strange. Perhaps he'd reached his limit. Perhaps he really was dead inside. His family seemed to have come to that decision a couple days early, as he'd never been the same since he stopped saying actual words in favour of erratic, inhuman gurgles.

He manuevered his stiff neck in order to look at what one would assume to be a building. To Morgan, it was nothing but a greyish rectangular haze. But what was important was the figure staring back at him inside that strange rectangular haze. The figure wore a tattered leather jacket and an extremely dirty pair of white trousers. He found himself staring deeply into the bloodshot eyes of his own reflection that could once be called Morgan Small. A young, but hardworking family man... with a wife, and two baby twins. A man with a promising future. Of course, the reflection didn't mean anything to Morgan anymore. In fact, it was looking rather appetising right about then. With all the strength he could muster, he limped towards what seemed to be easy sustinance...
quicksilver323 wrote: “ding ding ding”
A screwdriver rolled out of Masons tool belt and hit the concrete he jumped up and ran to his bike.
“Sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!”
he jumped on his bike and started his bike up he rode down the road he turned his head and saw about 5 zombies chasing him he could smell something.
A ripped leather jacket and stained trousers were hardly protection against a speeding vehicle. The walker was no match as the unrelenting force of Mason's bike splattered his fragile excuse for a body into mush.
Well that was way too much effort just to cover Mason in zombie goo.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Sypherp4
Spoken languages: Alien

Post by Sypherp4 »

Spoiler : Kruiser! :
Hello, i will join back up on this as soon as school starts. I will be posting as Merck again, and hopefully i can get some interaction.
Mainly because he is still mindlessly riding a motorbike to some undisclosed location. Uhh, i will just pick up from there when i see the post. And i will
re-read the first page for this RP again just to polish up on the storyline. See you soon.
Millions of peaches, peaches for me. Millions of peaches, peaches for free.
Really just really are you merrily spinning sincerity since you ought to seek integrity.
Pyro-geddon

Post by Pyro-geddon »

"By the way where are you hoping to go to on this fine evening" Chris said looking around.

Brooke found what he said strange. It seemed that he'd forgotten about the zombie outbreak maybe it him just trying to make his days normal. Brooke hasn't had a normal day over the past month, she spends most of her days looking over a shoulder just hoping there isn't a walker or something worse behind her.

"Uh... Shelter" Brooke said closing the car door behind her. "Maybe some place with water or food. What about you?"

Chris did one last look around and jumped in to the drivers side door, he quickly started up the engine and began to ease out on to the road. He thought that it was time to tell her what he knew, it was obvious that either she was keeping information from him or she really didn't know much.

"While I was on the way here I herd something on this old radio, it was a broad-cast hazy on details and crap reception but manged to hear the gist of it.It was a message to other survivors to meet at Watertown Church and that there's shelter, houses and a extraction point of some sort".
Chris was trying to sound optimistic "Sounds like a good as a place as any to start, and I know how to get there. He changed gear with a bit of pulling and yanking it was clear that the truck had seen better days. And he hoped that they could get a new one when they got there.
Life without imagination is DEAD.
Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

Sorry GD and Wacky, you guys don't have much to do LP should be doing something about that soon... Hopefully. :)
Pyro-geddon wrote:
Chris did one last look around and jumped in to the drivers side door, he quickly started up the engine and began to ease out on to the road. He thought that it was time to tell her what he knew, it was obvious that either she was keeping information from him or she really didn't know much.

"While I was on the way here I herd something on this old radio, it was a broad-cast hazy on details and crap reception but manged to hear the gist of it.It was a message to other survivors to meet at Watertown Church and that there's shelter, houses and a extraction point of some sort". Chris was trying to sound optimistic "Sounds like a good as a place as any to start, and I know how to get there. He changed gear with a bit of pulling and yanking it was clear that the truck had seen better days. And he hoped that they could get a new one when they got there.
"Watertown is a fair bit away, maybe hours if we avoid traffic." Brooke said pointing out a walker on the road. "We might need to get food or water, I haven't eaten in a while."

Brooke tightened her seat belt, and without permission scavenged for a map in Chris' glove box, hoping he wouldn't mind.
Short post, not much to do within the confines of a car.
ASHES ARE KEY