RP: Cold State.

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

If I were to add an extra Zombie type to the list, which would you prefer?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:07 am

Dog Zombie
17%
Screachers(Burst Blood vessels)
33%
Smokers(Let off smoke when attacked)
50%
All of the above
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 6

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Re: RP: Cold State.

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Though they were a safe distance away from the zombies by now, Mark didn't exactly feel like stopping the van. Maybe it was just paranoia speaking, but they could still be around, and being surrounded wasn't exactly an inviting prospect. Of course, going too far would just mean that they'd be farther away from Markess and the others. They didn't exactly have any way to communicate right now, but hopefully both groups would be able to join up again. Margaret was tempted to just rest, but she knew that their job wasn't over yet. If she could go this long without sleeping, then she'd be able to go for a bit longer. She usually tried to hide her tiredness, but it was pretty clear just looking at her that she was exhausted. She chose to answer Trama's question.

"No, it seems as though the zombies were able to separate us from them. Still, I trust that they won't abandon us, and I'm sure none of us intend to abandon them either. I suppose..." Margaret said, and then stopped speaking. In one moment, she reached inside her pocket for a handkerchief, and in the next, she sneezed into it. For some odd reason, her nose seemed runny, but she didn't seem particularly sick, and obviously she wasn't infected.

"... Forgive me. As I was saying, I suppose the best option would be to go to the closest landmark. Ideally, that should be a Church or Hospital." Margaret said, still acting a bit odd. She quickly reached for the map that she and Mark had been using since the start of the Outbreak. They had others, but this was the one that they had used the most. By now, there were several notes on it, but right now, she looked for any nearby place. She saw that there was a Church nearby, and taking out a pen, she circled it on the map. Neither she nor Mark were religious, but it was easy to see how useful a Church would be to hide in. They were big, likely had all sorts of supplies, and assuming they hadn't been completely overrun already, they were easy to defend.

Mark stopped the van in order to look at the location that Margaret had circled on the map. Nodding, he resumed driving. Margaret grabbed an energy bar from one of their supply bags and began eating it, though her nose was still runny, and she occasionally sneezed. It was anyone's guess as to why she did so, but she didn't seem like she was going to give any reason for it. Mark decided to speak next.

"... Maybe I'm wrong, but I think something happened that we didn't see in that fight. I hope I'm just being paranoid, but it kind of seemed like the others were worried about something while escaping. And I don't just mean the zombies." Mark said, hoping that his eyes were playing tricks on him. He wasn't even sure why he said that. There was no reason to cause any unnecessary panic, but he couldn't help but shake the feeling that something had happened.
Spoiler : :
In case it isn't blatantly obvious: Margaret is allergic to those popsicles, but it's only a minor allergic reaction. It's actually a reference to a certain something (More specifically, a really old story of mine) rather than me just doing it because Trama happens to like popsicles. Don't think too much about it, since I'm pretty sure it won't be very important, and it's just something I felt like doing. Though this does give me an idea for Margaret's Battle Quotes if I ever stop being lazy and post in the Battle Quotes thread.

Anyway Wacky, it's your call. Do you want to head immediately to the Church, or would you like to get some character development/backstory in?
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Wackyman
Spoken languages: English

Post by Wackyman »

Not sure if we should go now or wait for the "Miss Ellie" subplot to end. If got and Kruiser want us to go ahead we can, but if not we can keep on driving.
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

gotMLK7 wrote:
Okay, assuming Markess is sorta following with Cormac here...
Cormac kicked the door open as quickly as possible, heading around the back of the car to help out Markess. He took care of the other shoulder, cringing a little as he felt the wet blood of Elaine's stumped arm, and lifted her from the car. He tried to walk along with Makress towards the hospital.

"Man...there better be someone to help in here...I'm not forgivin' myself if Ellie loses herself...I promised to myself I'd get her out of the state alive, I'm not lettin' her go now..."

Cormac shoved the door open with his foot, entering the hospital with Elaine and Markess. "Hey! Anyone in here?! We need some help over here, fast!"
As Cormac and Markess rushed through the hospital corridoors, left, right ,left, right. There wasn't any sign of life at all, luckily there wasn't any signs of the dead. Kicking open a door Markess layed Elaine on a hospital bed.

"I-I don't know to much about this... We need pain killers, I'll go find some!" He said pushing his way out of the room.

Markess sprinted from room to room looking for the drug lab.
ASHES ARE KEY
Creator of Jax, Wild, The Mayor and Nina from RP:Endless Time.
Creator of Brooke Pearson and Markess Holloway from RP:Cold State.
Creator of Kerenth Miller from RP:Infinite Odyssey.
Creator of Kruiser666, Trigen and Chance from RP:Where Anything Goes.
User of Captain America and Sam Fisher in RP: Dimensional Chaos.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

I don't think that answered Wacky's question... In any case, talking with Wacky a while ago made me realize that the original destination WAS Watertown Church. So I'm not sure if it'd make more sense for the groups to head there, or to a more close Landmark (I had just assumed that there was a random church around here, since it feels weird that there's only one Church on the map), especially since going to Watertown would mean backtracking a lot.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

So, uh...what should Cormac be doing?

If there's nothing for him to really do at this second that will take up more than three lines of a post, I'll just have an Elaine dream sequence and maybe put Claus somewhere to get going or something.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Remilia Scarlet

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Spoiler : Character app :
Username: Remilia Scarlet

Character Name: Polo

Skills: Extremely fast, able to outrun a horse. Excellent hunting skills. Powerful senses.

Description: An unshaven Afghan Hound with masterfully groomed, flowing, blonde hair. 26 inches tall.

Polo stays fiercely loyal to his owner, though despite his friendliness in that regard, it is hard for him to adjust to new people or situations. As such, he can often act indifferent or even irritated towards those he doesn't know. Although Polo will be there for any friends he gains, even fighting zombies to the death if necessary(though his pain threshold is low), in general he is actually pretty badly behaved. How much of that is because of his personality and how much of it is because of his owner is up for debate.

Inventory: A red collar that he wears.

Backstory/History: After a very brief period of life spent with his real family, Polo was adopted into a human family for his seemingly majestic and wise appearance and nature. He mainly only bonded with the son of the family, so after he left to seek work, Polo had no objections to leaving the adults behind. On his travels, Polo has seen a few zombies and has acknowledged them as threats.

Knowledge: Polo knows that the zombies exist and that they are dangerous. That's all.

Starting Location: Albany
Last edited by Remilia Scarlet on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Accepted. Accepted to the max. x 6.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Alright, well Kruis wasn't sure exactly what I should do, but he gave me enough to get going. Hoping for a bit more activity in this RP with this post.
"Well hurry it up then! I'm gonna try to patch her up a little..." With Elaine passed out over his back, Cormac ran as quickly as he could to find somewhere to help her out. He eventually found a small room that seemed to have whatever he needed...gauze, medicine, tools...it seemed like the perfect room to help Elaine with.

Lying his unconscious friend on the white bed, Cormac quickly scrambled for gauze. He looked carefully at the gauze he had to improvise wrapping around her arm...it did a mediocre job of keeping blood in, but undoing it might just make the blood poor out again. It was then that Cormac realized that he had no idea what he was doing.

He had all the tools to help Elaine with him now, but not nearly enough knowledge to actually use them. He barely even knew how to go about wrapping the wound properly. Until now, he had figured he had been hot stuff...like he could take on any issue as a powerful leader, and that he could lead the New Yorkers to freedom and away from the zombies...but he couldn't even save the one person he cared most about when her life was hanging by a thread. He suddenly felt pathetic. All the zombies he killed didn't seem to matter to him anymore. Why should they when the one thing that matters was laying in front of him, helpless? There was nothing he could do...he had no medical prowess...he needed help...in a city with no hope.

"...It's no use, is it...I can't fix this sorta thing...Hell, I couldn't help a stubbed toe..." Cormac slumped back in the seat beside Elaine's bed, rubbing his hair in frustration. "I can't give up on her though...gah!" He slammed his burnt fist into the arm of the seat in his anger. "Why can't I just figure out how to do this crap? Medicines, syringes, all this stuff...how am I supposed to know how to use them? I just...ugh..." He went silent for a moment. "...I need more help for this, don't I..."

Cormac grabbed fresh gauze from a drawer and wrapped up Elaine's arm tighter, blocking up a bit more of the blood dripping. He didn't know how her arm could be fixed...this was surgery stuff, and he doubted there were any doctors for miles around here. But for now, he could try his best. He brushed some loose strands of hair from Elaine's tired face and picked her up again. He began to walk out of the hospital with her on his back once more. "Come on, Markess...we'll go help whoever's at the church. If we're lucky, there will be a doctor somewhere in there that knows how to patch up Ellie..."
Hm...Cormac's accent is becoming way less noticeable at this point. I didn't even manage to fit it in for this post. Huh.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

Pyro-geddon wrote:As Chris drove along trying to get his bearings with where he was, he searched the car opening the glove box hoping to find a map but not finding anything. He decided to try and relax by winding down the window and letting the warm breeze soaked into his cloths loving the smell and feel of the outdoors and inhaling deeply.

It had been hell for him being locked inside all this time not seeing or smelling the outside, only hearing that damn awful sound of the dead groaning indefinitely he was sure he would of gone mad if he had of stayed any longer. Reminded of why he was in this predicament started looking for any zombies he only saw 8 or 9 as he drove along the rural road some eating corpses of who knows what and others just staring as he went pass.

Then the last thing he thought he would of seen, a person I mean a real human being. As he got closer he saw that it was a woman running right in the middle of the road, almost unsure of what to do quickly swerved around the burning wreckage of a car and stopped next to her. Opening his door but still holding his crow bar cautiously and stepping out of the car as she ran up to him. He tried putting on a confident voice and asked "who are you?".
"who are you?" said the man inside of the car.

He was weary a long black overcoat with a distinct orange scarf wrapped around his neck. The man seemed tall but Brooke wasn't sure as he was in a Car. Brooke took a step back as she noticed the crowbar in his hands.

"My names Annie, I'm stuck here without a vehicle. Do you think I'd be able to ride with you?"
ASHES ARE KEY
Pyro-geddon

Post by Pyro-geddon »

Chris was unsure of what to do as he heard the girls question. He wasn't shore if it would be smart or wise to trust a complete stranger, but on the hand this was the first person he had seen since he had left his house and might be the last in the whole country for all he knew. And if she isn't she might know where other people are,
he saw that she was looking at the crowbar in his hand with a nervous expression, sighing heavily he made up his mind on what to do.

Slowly laying down the crowbar and spreading his arms out in front of him in an innocent gesture. "I think we can make a deal here, you want a ride and I want information, so I'll give you a ride if you tell me anything you can about the disease and any survivors there are,deal?" as he said this he offered his hand to help her into the car.
Life without imagination is DEAD.
Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

I'll get around to replying to Got soon but Pyro is new and hasn't had a good impression in the RP community
Accepting the trade, Brooke or as she called herself "Annie" brainstormed the information she'd learned from the past 30 days. She wasn't sure why she lied to this man about her name, it's not like he' could do anything with it.

"From what I've seen, out there" Brooke said pointing to the country-side."There aren't any survivors, but there isn't as many of "these" things out there either. Now that enough for a ride?"
I know this is small but I'm easing myself back in the RP land. :)
ASHES ARE KEY
Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

gotMLK7 wrote:
Alright, well Kruis wasn't sure exactly what I should do, but he gave me enough to get going. Hoping for a bit more activity in this RP with this post.
"Well hurry it up then! I'm gonna try to patch her up a little..." With Elaine passed out over his back, Cormac ran as quickly as he could to find somewhere to help her out. He eventually found a small room that seemed to have whatever he needed...gauze, medicine, tools...it seemed like the perfect room to help Elaine with.

Lying his unconscious friend on the white bed, Cormac quickly scrambled for gauze. He looked carefully at the gauze he had to improvise wrapping around her arm...it did a mediocre job of keeping blood in, but undoing it might just make the blood poor out again. It was then that Cormac realized that he had no idea what he was doing.

He had all the tools to help Elaine with him now, but not nearly enough knowledge to actually use them. He barely even knew how to go about wrapping the wound properly. Until now, he had figured he had been hot stuff...like he could take on any issue as a powerful leader, and that he could lead the New Yorkers to freedom and away from the zombies...but he couldn't even save the one person he cared most about when her life was hanging by a thread. He suddenly felt pathetic. All the zombies he killed didn't seem to matter to him anymore. Why should they when the one thing that matters was laying in front of him, helpless? There was nothing he could do...he had no medical prowess...he needed help...in a city with no hope.

"...It's no use, is it...I can't fix this sorta thing...Hell, I couldn't help a stubbed toe..." Cormac slumped back in the seat beside Elaine's bed, rubbing his hair in frustration. "I can't give up on her though...gah!" He slammed his burnt fist into the arm of the seat in his anger. "Why can't I just figure out how to do this crap? Medicines, syringes, all this stuff...how am I supposed to know how to use them? I just...ugh..." He went silent for a moment. "...I need more help for this, don't I..."

Cormac grabbed fresh gauze from a drawer and wrapped up Elaine's arm tighter, blocking up a bit more of the blood dripping. He didn't know how her arm could be fixed...this was surgery stuff, and he doubted there were any doctors for miles around here. But for now, he could try his best. He brushed some loose strands of hair from Elaine's tired face and picked her up again. He began to walk out of the hospital with her on his back once more. "Come on, Markess...we'll go help whoever's at the church. If we're lucky, there will be a doctor somewhere in there that knows how to patch up Ellie..."
Hm...Cormac's accent is becoming way less noticeable at this point. I didn't even manage to fit it in for this post. Huh.
Cormac's call to Markess echoed through the hospital halls. A few rooms from Cormac's position Markess rushed to fill his back-pack filled with anti-biotics. He knew he couldn't spend all day looting the little that was left in the hospital, with that Markess bolted for the door. In seconds he had reached the hospitals entrance, just ahead of him was Cormac with Elaine slung over his back.

"Cormac!" Markess said still contemplating on the next part of the sentence. "How... how do we know she's safe? How can we be sure she doesn't turn? Maybe we should... leave her." He whispered hoping the armless girl wouldn't here.
ASHES ARE KEY
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Cormac immediately stopped to turn around towards Markess. He grabbed the hunter's jacket collar and glared daggers into his eyes. Elaine was still on his back, unstirring.

"Don't even THINK to suggest leavin' Ellie! I'm not givin' up on her, no matter what. I'd sooner blow my own brains out than I would let her die!" Cormac's face was surprisingly angry, something uncharacteristic for the usually slick and cocky gunslinger. "I won't leave her even if ya forced me. So don't let me hear ya suggestin' that kinda crap again or you'll be tastin' lead!"

He turned away from Markess, grumbling under his breath, walking towards the car. He felt Elaine's slow breathing against his back, and desperatley prayed in his mind that she'd be safe.

Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

The usually cocky Irish man had suddenly become serious, Markess could tell there was no way he would let the Elaine die. But Markess valued his own life more than theirs, he was a survivor and one with a bow on his back.

"No! She can't come." He said, fetching an arrow for his bow. "I will not risk my life for some stranger! Now listen to me, we leave her here or I leave you both here." Markess had his bow ready to fire in case anything went wrong. "Come on Cormac, don't risk your life for hers. How long have you even known her!"

Markess couldn't wrap his head around Cormac's reasoning. He instincts, human instincts are to survive and that was what Markess was doing. He couldn't have a possibly infected person sitting in the car, it's a ticking time bomb but it was one he could prevent if he just persuaded Cormac to let her go.
ASHES ARE KEY
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Cormac glared back at Markess. He was completely silent, his face showing no sign of emotion. He stared at the readied bow, and his eyes travelled up to meet Markess'. He did not reach for one of his revolvers. He simply stood and stared.

The slow, steady breathe of Elaine as she rested on his back was all Cormac could hear. Her life was fading, but there was still hope for her to pull through. Markess did have a point, however. There was a chance she could die, and even become a zombie, from this wound. The safer decision was to leave her at the hospital. But she was still Ellie, and Cormac couldn't bring himself to simply leave her for dead...could he?

Still saying nothing, Cormac began to walk back towards the hospital. He said nothing to Markess as he passed by, or even shot him a glance. He merely walked by, towards the door of the hospital.

Cormac adjusted Elaine on his back, and gently pulled her off. He put her unconscious body down onto the ground, laying her head on the wall behind her. Cormac stood back up when she was sufficiently propped up. He stared down at her for a moment before turning back to Markess.

Instead of walking back over, however, Cormac leaned back. He rested his back against the hospital's wall, his hands in his pockets and a straight face on. He crossed his legs as he leaned there, and closed his eyes.

"Fine. Leave us both here it is, then."