RP: Desertia - New Cycle (New Players Welcome)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

RP: Desertia - New Cycle (New Players Welcome)

Post by Sleuth »

Yes, here it is, the new and improved RP that I have created. I spent a while working out how to do it and came up with this, and I think this should be a fun and enjoyable RP. Just remember to read through the OP thoroughly, else you'll definitely get lost.

Now, without any further ado...
Desertia
Spoiler : Prologue: :
…It is midnight on March 3rd, 1996. The city of Desertia is quiet, deathly quiet, as the sheer blackness of night closes over the city.
Suddenly, a single beam of moonlight shoots from the heavens, cutting through the shadows and bursting into the city. At the same time, somewhere in the city, a machine whirs to life, crackling with energy as its gears begin to spin.
The moonlight intensifies, and begins to spread, slowly engulfing the city and its inhabitants with light as bright as the sun. As if spurred on by the growing light, the machine churns and whirs, faster and faster, spurting out steam and whirling its gears.

“Oh, Eye of the Moon, watcher of all…
You whose gaze has pierced the shadows.
That surround the hearts of man.
Rain down your Judgment.
And Rise from the Ashes!!”

With the cryptic chant finished, the light finally engulfs the city, turning everything to pure white. Then, the machine explodes, a massive blast that dispels the light, bringing flame and death all around. In an instant, it seems that all of reality is reduced to ashes, where nothing but blazes burns all around.
Then, just as suddenly, all is black.

The clock ticks forward. All is quiet in Desertia.

March 3rd, 1996 begins anew.
Spoiler : Story :
Welcome to Earth, the year 1996. In this time, humanity has progressed further than we have ever come; but at a heavy cost. The sky is gray by day and pitch black by night, natural sunlight is a faded memory, and people survive in enclosed domes that mimic the warmth of nature. Despite this, the human race is, more or less, at peace.
However, in this New World, there is one thing that all fear:

Desertia.

Considered a myth to some, a horror to others, not much is known of this small, relatively quiet town on the outskirts of the country. For years it has been the subject of rumors and gossip; from tales of its mysterious residents to sightings of fantastical wonders, Desertia has become a sort of urban legend to all, save those who live there. Its strangeness has been attributed to the fact that its Dome had collapsed long ago, leading its inhabitants to become unstable, and the environment to become contaminated.

On March 3rd, 1996, several events occur in the city, ranging from hectic to bizarre. What will you uncover in this strange city, where anything can happen? Join the civilians of Desertia, and unravel the mysteries of Desertia.
Spoiler : Gameplay: :
Desertia takes place within the titular city of Desertia. The story takes place on March 3rd 1996, in an alternate universe where technology has far surpassed our own. In this world, the National Police Center, or NPC for short, has dispatched agents to investigate the town incognito, and find out what is really going on.
However, due to a mysterious power, the city is caught in a Groundhog Day loop, and shall forever repeat the events of March 3rd, 1996. As such, continuity is not a major issue, so when characters die, all one needs to do is wait until the next “Phase”. Because of the loops, the memories of characters are not fully retained, but some "ghost memories" of strong events will remain.

In this game, players will be assigned "Roles" to play for each Cycle.

Roles are custom-made goals and paths for characters to follow. Roles will be created for each character and changed each Cycle.

During each Cycle, your aim is to complete whatever goal(s) are assigned to you in your Role.

Upon finishing a goal, you will submit it to me via PM, and I will verify whether it has truly been met or not. A Cycle will end once a character has successfully achieved their goal.

After that, a short epilogue written by me will be given detailing the ending of that cycle, and the beginning of the next.

The Cycles will continue endlessly... But there is a way to break the loop. Can you find it, hidden in the town somewhere?
Spoiler : Characters: :
To apply for this RP, please use the following form.

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:

Please be creative and original when creating your characters!
Spoiler : Phases: :
Spoiler : Locations: :
There are a few major locations to remember in Desertia.

· Fountain Square: The main part of the city, a large square with shops and buildings all around. In the center is the titular fountain, which features a sculpture of a knight holding a sword in the air.
· Resident Lane: A large neighborhood that houses most of the Citizens. It is rather foreboding, and there is a large gate around it that stays closed for protection.
· Junkyard: A vast, desolate mass of garbage that makes up nearly 1/4th of the city. It is so vast that some citizens have been known to live there, and even survive off the junk that others throw out. It is considered a “Danger Zone” to most, if not because of the terrain, then because that many wild beasts have taken a liking to it as well.
· The Grand Library: An inappropriately named bookstore that is run by a shy old man named Mr. Eustace, and his son, Red. The store, while rather small, is rather popular and holds many valuable books.
· The Railway: The only train station leading to and from the city. It is the only way in or out of the city, and rarely has a train in sight. It is run by a friendly conductor named Royal Blueswords. One cannot help but feeling an ominous dread while there…

These are not the only locations in the city, but they are the most pertinent ones.
Spoiler : Players :
-- Aven Hamilon [Drey Wilkins]
-- Rei Saito [GuardianDreamer]
-- Kurt Miera [Master of Chaos]
-- Maline Desiren [Mononobe no Futo]
-- Maria Popple [Wackyman]
-- Alexzander "Alex" Callas [Holhol]
-- Brock Matthews [Detective Luke Atmey]
-- Gilligan Teeschlegelsteinhausenberdorf [Bad Player]
-- Micheal Edgewind [layton195]

Inactive/Other:
-- Huyu Kenhoushi [DeHughes] (Left)
-- Nathan "Natt" Lorens [Sami-Fire] (Off-Site)
Please enjoy, and thank you for reading!
Last edited by Sleuth on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:10 am, edited 26 times in total.
Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Re: RP: Desertia (Now Accepting Players)

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Spoiler : :
Okay, so we PM you our applications?
Last edited by Drey Wilkins on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Drey Wilkins wrote:Okay, so we PM you our applications?
No, just put them here. Just put whether you want to be a Citizen or Investigator.
Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Well, because 13 and the Nights of the Phantom is obviously never resuming... time to reuse my application.

Name: Aven Hamilon.
Role: Investigator.
Appearance: Image
Personality: Not particularly outspoken, Aven prefers to observe quietly, and come to his own conclusions. In most aspects he is a quiet man, who enjoys reading a good book. (What more can I add to this...?)

So... There... I feel it seems to be a little 'thin', but I am not sure what more I could add.
Last edited by Drey Wilkins on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

I would like to sign up for this RP.

Name: Mordik von Lihyberg
Role: Investigator
Appearence: I come in a long green suit, hidden by an overcoat with two secret pockets enclosed. My face is somewhere between pale and tan. MThat is all.
Personality: Who ever said anything about me having a personality? a
Last edited by Gav on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Unfortunately, I won't be using Marian in this one. Which is a shame, since I liked her character... but maybe she'll get to appear more in the highschool AU I may or may not do.
Spoiler : Application :
Name: Rei Saito.
Role: Citizen.
Occupation: Full-time vigilante, part-time fortune teller, part-time hero, part-time bringer of chaos, part-time hero of darkness, part-time painter, part-time writer, part-time forum moderator, part-time private detective, part-time video gamer who particularly loves visual novels, part-time college student, and part-time janitor. - From Rei's business card.

Appearance: Image, also wears 12 functioning watches. Four on each wrist, and two taped to each leg (those are usually covered).

Personality: Extremely eccentric and someone who believes in all sorts of demonic conspiracies. She also tends to love doing Tarot Card readings, and it's very hard to get her angry. She also loves playing Mahjong, and is a very deep thinker, even if that thinking usually just leads her to more demonic conspiracies. Rei is also a video-game fan. At times, it almost seems as though she acts the way she does just to purposely troll other people, but it seems as though that's just her genuine personality. She prefers to do things in very strange ways. She links just about anything to aliens, demons, or some kind of conspiracy, and treats it like it's nothing. If approached by an actual murderer, she would treat it pretty casually.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Drey Wilkins wrote: Role: (Could you please specify what this is?)
The role is either Investigator or Citizen. If you choose Investigator, then you don't need to fill in the "Occupation" field.
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

Even though I really don't understand what's going on...

Name: Alexzander "Alex" Callas
Role: Investigator
Personality: Sarcastic and cocky, but likes to make things short, sweet, and to the point
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

My application be fixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxed. :mrgreen:

I feel very, VERY eccentric today.

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Alright, all Investigator spots have been taken.

We'll need a few more Citizens before we start, though.

And Holhol, if you need me to explain something in more detail, I will elaborate on whatever you need.
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

This looks like a wonderful RP I'll gladly join.
Name: Kaipa Halm

Role: Citizen

Personality: Calm, wanting nothing but peace. And though young, he is philosophical always preaching about living in the present. Not worrying about the past or contemplating about the future. He is blind and has lost his left eyeball and becomes bitter when people tell him about it.
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

Count me on for this. Just gotta finish these critiques for the fandub before I can do the application.
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Glad to have you on board!

Also, if anyone needs me to clarify anything at all, feel free to ask!
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

Name: Huyu Kenhoushi
Role: Citizen.

Personality: To those he knows and trusts, Huyu is extremely loyal and relaxed with. However, when met with a stranger he becomes distant and cynical, and is not afraid to intimidate using violence.
And wait a sec... TwiGav's allowed a gun? Something tells me he's just gonna shoot civilian's until he kills the Chaotic. :side:

EVERYONE BAND TOGETHER AND DROP A PIANO ON HIS HEAD AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY ROUND! I CALL THE GUN IF IT DOESN'T GET SQUISHED!
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

I know I haven't done very well in other RP's but this one sounds good enough for me to want to join.
Name:Damon Maniard Naughton
Role:Citizen
Appearance: Scruffy with a bad comb over, has wide black rimmed eyes which are slightly crosseyed, wears a plain white jacket and pants,wears glasses
Personality:Extremely fidgety, nervous/paranoid, talks to people,himself and objects, gender blind,has mood swings.