The 1st Annual AAO RP Tournament - The Waiting Lobby

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Re: The 1st Annual AAO RP Tournament - The Waiting Lobby

Post by LunchPolice »

"Look pal," grumbled Onic, his brow furrowed. "We're just as confused as you are. I think we're waiting on old Exus to explain himself."

He grinned darkly, his sharp teeth looking dangerous as ever. If he was going to be diplomatic, he wasn't going to be diplomatic about it.

"For now, just be happy you lived through a fight you didn't deserve to win." grunted Onic, a glint of satisfaction in his blood red eyes. Hopefully that would strike a nerve... This Drey Wilkins character seemed the type to anger easily. Idiot. Onic chuckled lightly and turned his back on the assassin before he could even open his mouth.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Drey blinked twice as Onic walked away.

"...Cool. A talking hedgehog thing."

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
LunchPolice

Post by LunchPolice »

Spoiler : :
Sorry I haven't been on much. I've been working on something secret AND my internet has been acting up a ton.

What did he just say?

Onic swerved as his meager attempt at mocking Drey totally backfired.

"HEY! Don't you dare ignore me, worm!"

He flared up his purple aura, the light somehow ilumminating his jaggedy white teeth.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Drey blinked again, staring at the strange creature in front of him. Its aura was - while notably intimidating - really interesting. He'd never seen a giant, black, anthropomorphic hedgehog... but apparently it was a black mage as well.

"Cool. You glow too." He scratched at his chin thoughtfully, staring at the menacing form in front of him. "Maybe if I'd spent more time studying magic, I'd be able to glow as well. That'd be pretty fun."

Master Of Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Post by Master Of Chaos »

"That's enough, both of you." Yasui Yuko said, from out of nowhere, directing his words at Onic and Drey. His usual calm and friendly attitude was gone, a harsh and cold tone taking it's place. The death of his teacher had taken it's toll. He first turned to look at the assassin known as Drey.

"We don't know anymore then you do. Exus doesn't much care for keeping us informed. Just be glad it happened. If that match was allowed to go on, you would be on a one way trip to the morgue right now. Your life was saved back there. He'll tell us when he tells us, so stop making a riot." He then turned to face the black hedgehog.

"Stop picking fights, things are already messed up right now. Didn't you hear? Your match was cancelled. The guy you were facing decided to drop out. So you're done here. Ether stay out of the way and keep quiet, or get out." Yasui said. Before ether of them could respond, he went towards the way towards the commentators box for Arena A.

Norman Jayden got of the healing pod as he heard his name being called up to fight. He loaded his gun and went towards the entrance, prepared for anything he might face.
Sorry this was short, not very motivated right now. I promise the Arena posts will be longer.
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

Akira opened his mouth to reply, but his argument was quickly cut down in his throat, as he suddenly found that the Arena where the Shadow and his unfortunate opponent had been locked in combat was suddenly vacant of one maniacal Shadow God; what in the hell? The Shadow... was gone? Just like that? He blinked. There was no mistaking it, the thing had up and vanished-- And the other fighter was back, with his throat intact. What on earth had happened there?

"Huh..." Akira muttered, suddenly feeling rather awkward. He coughed, once or twice to cover up the red on his face. So all that was for nothing, huh? Figures. You take the time to come up with a plan of action, and then someone always just walks up and cuts the knot. Not that he wasn't grateful that the incredibly powerful insane monstrosity was gone, it was just that he now felt like a fool for springing into some form of action when he could, and probably should, have simply left it to the men upstairs. It wasn't like him, but he supposed that the Shadow must have really gotten to him; in a way that nothing else in the world could.

"Looks like he's gone," He remarked, half to himself, then gave a deep bow to the knight. "I'm afraid... There seems to have been a bit of a thing... with the Shadow. I don't, uh..."

"S-sorry to have bothered you, then," He hurriedly blurted, focusing his gaze intensely upon his left shoe, and folding his arms behind his back.
LunchPolice

Post by LunchPolice »

Master Of Chaos wrote:"That's enough, both of you." Yasui Yuko said, from out of nowhere, directing his words at Onic and Drey. His usual calm and friendly attitude was gone, a harsh and cold tone taking it's place. The death of his teacher had taken it's toll. He first turned to look at the assassin known as Drey.

"We don't know anymore then you do. Exus doesn't much care for keeping us informed. Just be glad it happened. If that match was allowed to go on, you would be on a one way trip to the morgue right now. Your life was saved back there. He'll tell us when he tells us, so stop making a riot." He then turned to face the black hedgehog.

"Stop picking fights, things are already messed up right now. Didn't you hear? Your match was cancelled. The guy you were facing decided to drop out. So you're done here. Ether stay out of the way and keep quiet, or get out." Yasui said. Before ether of them could respond, he went towards the way towards the commentators box for Arena A.

Norman Jayden got of the healing pod as he heard his name being called up to fight. He loaded his gun and went towards the entrance, prepared for anything he might face.
Sorry this was short, not very motivated right now. I promise the Arena posts will be longer.
"... Wait, what?" gasped Onic. "No, that's nonsense... Those bastards! They'll never hear the end of this!"

Onic bolted off with a start to his Arena.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Alma could just feel the awkwardness in the air. Well. That had just happened. She had a disappointed look in her eyes, but at the same time, perhaps this was for the better. She wasn't supposed to be fighting. She was supposed to be a delivering a message, then vanishing as though she had never existed in the first place. Still, she had been looking forward to her fight. There was no helping it, though. It was probably for the best if she just finished her original mission.

"Well, you seem kind of stupid right now, don't you? Can't say I don't seem stupid too, though. Well, I'm leaving. I'd say 'See you later', but I'm pretty sure I'm never going to see you ever again." Alma said, and then walked away from Akira. Well, there was no use delaying what she had originally come here to do, was there?

She spotted Kana nearby, who was clearly wondering what she was doing here. Not that she could be blamed, of course. From her pocket, Alma took out a sealed envelope, and casually handed it over to Kana, as though nothing about this was unusual.

"Express delivery to Ms. Kana Saito. Roget told me to give you that. He said not to open it until the tourney is over, whether you win or lose. Don't ask me why he told me to do it, since from what I understand, he was here earlier. I could never make sense of that maniac. Well, try to not die." Alma said, and then before Kana could even respond to this bizarre series of events, she quickly left, going to the arena exit along with her horse. Though she must have stood out quite a bit, she had left so quickly that a lot of people may not have even noticed her. It was so... Surreal.

"... Very well then." That was all that escaped Kana's lips as she looked at the sealed envelope and stashed it away in her pocket. For now, she wouldn't question it. When was her next match, anyway...?
Yeah, I can tell this post is extremely rushed. But at the same time, a "rushed" feeling is sort of what I had in mind, since I wanted Alma to get out quickly. But even this is too much, so... Sorry about that. Just thought that the cameo had lasted way too long. Once again, Kana is open for interaction if anyone wants to talk to her.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
LunchPolice

Post by LunchPolice »

On the fallen werehog's iPad, a video inexplicably began to play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgKxOTYqo3g
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Drey scratched his head, glancing around at Norman and the few remaining stragglers that hadn't died in their battles. "Does anyone else have any idea what's happening any more? Because I'm completely lost."
With a little sigh, he looked down at his iPad, checking who his next match was.

'Are you kidding me?'

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Going to do Kana's arrival in the Arena later, as I'm tired right now.
"Well then... It's time to take another step on this never-ending journey, is it not? I suppose sitting around and acting gloomy isn't exactly an option right now..." Kana said, surprisingly making a joke at her own expense. She seemed rather tired. Not due to actual physical exhaustion, of course. Even if both of her fights had been rather close so far, the healing pods ensured that she was always ready for the next battle. Rather, she had to wonder what the next battle would bring. Her opponent was one that she had talked to before... Well, perhaps "opponents" would be more fitting.

Kana stood up, and walked towards the appropriate Arena. This was definitely going to be a battle to the death, but in truth, what point was there to killing in this tournament? Kana had killed many people, so it wasn't like she was morally opposed to it. Rather, she was opposed to senseless killing. But it seemed like the majority of the competitors had good intentions at heart, and most of them did not seem Corrupted in any way. Of course, if she didn't fight to kill, then she wouldn't be fighting at her full power. And that could easily lead to her own death. She was fine with fighting against Moshi, who was clearly Corrupted, or at least the equivalent of what it was in his world. And as for Glitch, time had run out before either of them had to die... But even Kana didn't know if she would have killed Glitch or not. And as for her next battle... There wasn't any easy solution, other than hoping that Zachary and Wilson would accept her offer to spare both of them after the fight, assuming that she won, of course. But there was always a chance that they'd insist that they be killed for their own reasons.

"... Well, Reaper, if my time has come, then so be it. But don't think that I'll let you take me without a fight." Kana whispered to herself.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.