The 1st Annual AAO RP Tournament - The Waiting Lobby

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Master Of Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Re: The 1st Annual AAO RP Tournament - The Waiting Lobby

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Spoiler : :
Yo Wilkins. Your partner just got his ass beaten by that same guy your facing. Thanks for the help XD.

I'm going to revise the Norman post soon, because it looks silly.
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Master Of Chaos wrote:
Yo Wilkins. Your partner just got his ass beaten by that same guy your facing. Thanks for the help XD.

I'm going to revise the Norman post soon, because it looks silly.
Right. Sorry. haven't really been keeping up with much lately. So busy.
Drey dumped his iPad down on the couch, before standing up and walking over to Norman.
"Hey." He crouched down and shook the man's shoulder. "Wakey Wakey. Let's get you to one of those healing things."

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

Ryo couldn't feel disgusted as he watched his opponent throw out an attack as pathetic as what was thrown before him? That's it? A stupid little energy ball that could almost fit in-between his hands? What a freaking joke! Ryo was not some weakling who would fold like a wet piece of paper, he wanted the pain. He wanted death to knock on his door, and attempt to take him away. He thought that maybe, just maybe, this chick could actually threaten him. That she could be the one to actually put him knocking on death's door.

But all he saw was that lame excuse for an attack. Ryo simply stood in his place, a grimace of disgust sprawled across his face, distorting it into a dark glare. The energy ball shot Ryo directly in the chest, searing his flesh as it hit. Oh, it hurt. If he was human, this would probably leave him recoiling in agony and screaming in a fit of uncontrollable pain. But now? It wouldn't feel any less different than a mosquito bite.

"That's it?" Ryo yelled at Alma, very disappointed in the young, at least in appearance, woman. "That's it?! Come on, Miss Dark Knight! You gotta do better than that! That was nothing - no, that was worse than nothing! You're a wreck, you're a disgrace, you're a waste of the space you take up! Shame, Miss Dark Knight! Shame is what you should be feeling!" With each disconnected spew of rage, Ryo's body began to fidget more. His arms shooting out around in exaggerated swipes. Hand motions one would expect from an actor hamming up his actions for a stage, but that wasn't Ryo's intentions. This was his emotions manifesting in a way that the man considered "acceptable" after such a weak attack.

"You want a taste of this blood, you're gonna have to do better, Sister! No, you aren't even good enough for this blood because that attack was so wimpy! You suck, you suck, you suck! God damn!" Without any hesitation, Ryo ran his sword through his right arm, leaving it sticking through his bicep. Without even flinching or signaling any pain, Ryo shouted once more. "Look what you made me do! Look at my arm! There is a sword sticking in it! This is what I expected, no, wanted! Come on, you're making me do all the fun myself!"

Ryo quickly withdrew his weapon from his arm, blood flicking off the blade, hitting the ground. "Stop sucking, already!"
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Yo Chaos, we need to hurry up before Drey needs to go fight the guy that broke Norman's hand.

Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Norman opened his eyes, still not unconscious but feeling light headed, and shook his head. He clung to the wall for support to get back up, then walked over to the healing pod.
I know this makes no sense at all, but I need to get going and I need to make a Normie post before I leave.
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Kokoro Ito suddenly felt weak... As though she could collapse at any moment. The results of the battle that she had just watched... Her teacher, who she had presumed dead, had been killed in battle. And at the moment that he had died, Kokoro felt drained, somehow. She no longer felt Amaterasu's presence. Could she even use her own powers, now? They were given to her by the Light, but were they hers to keep, or just borrowed? She would have to test it out later. Kokoro didn't even need to be told that Amaterasu had possessed Taro, or at least inhabited his body. The fact that she could no longer feel Amaterasu's presence was enough evidence. But now wasn't the time to be thinking about such a thing. She was too shocked to think properly. But she did keep a close eye on the battle that was unfolding. She couldn't allow someone else to die when she could stop it.

The world had a strange sense of humor, Kana decided, as she walked into the room after being healed in a healing pod. Right now, she felt very strange. Though she felt physically refreshed, emotionally and mentally, she felt exhausted. She had just won another difficult battle, so she should have felt happier, right? And yet, the end result could have gone either way if the judges hadn't interfered. Though it was something she didn't want to think about, she felt like it would have been better if she had been able to kill Glitch. What hope may have remained for him had disappeared during the middle of that fight. Something about him had changed. He hadn't exactly become Corrupted... No, this was far worse somehow.

Of course, that wasn't proof that the world had a strange sense of humor. The proof was what she first saw as soon as she stepped back into the Waiting Lobby. Alma the Dark Knight, fighting one of the biggest threats in the tourney, Ryo Tanshin. Multiple questions flooded Kana's mind. What could she be doing here? The obvious answer was that she was here looking for a strong opponent to fight, but it wasn't like the Underworld lacked powerful opponents. It was something about with her, then. Maybe Alma had a message of some kind to deliver. And now she had managed to get herself into a fight, when Kana couldn't stop her from doing so. Even though the Dark Knight had at first seemed very stoic, as Kana had gotten to know her, she had proven herself to be very bloodthirsty instead. Still a good ally to have, but the personality shift was jarring. Kana just watched for now. Alma was powerful, but Kana would interfere in the fight if it seemed like she was in danger of dying. Though perhaps the Arena's security would interfere instead.

For a second, Alma seemingly did nothing. Then she burst into laughter. Uncontrollable laughter that seemed like that of an evil, or at least barbaric warrior, which contrasted with her appearance. She put her left hand over her left eye, still holding onto her lance with the other hand. How very, very amusing all of this was to her. Like she hadn't fought several other people like this, who wanted to immediately see her true power! It was an insult, that was what it was. Why should she show her full, hidden power, when she wasn't even sure if her opponent deserved it? Those who couldn't possibly hope to best her in a fight didn't deserve to see what she could truly do. That was why she always started off a fight with somewhat weak attacks, trying to analyze the opponent to see if they were worth her time.

"Do you have ANY clue what you're saying, you pathetic wretch? Let me tell you something: I'm generally a very calm person, except for when I'm in battle. Do you know why?" Alma asked, and as she said this, she swung around her lance a few times, seemingly for no reason. Yet there was something about the lance that seemed threatening, even when it wasn't being used to attack. A malicious aura. This was a weapon that seemed to somehow have its own thoughts and feelings, but they were only limited to wanting to eat blood and flesh. And in truth, that description was frighteningly accurate. There was something different about Alma now. She seemed much more serious. Not that she hadn't been focused before, but something that Ryo had said had insulted her. She didn't even wait for a response to her earlier question.

"The answer is that battle is an art to me. It's a beautiful picture painted by at least two people. It is what my life revolves around. Now, like any other artist, I want only the highest quality materials to paint a beautiful picture. The blood and flesh of someone else who is worthy of working alongside me to paint that beautiful picture. If my opponent is not worthy of my time, then that painting is worthless. Do you see what I'm trying to get at? Your words are arrogant, and an insult to my entire lifestyle. I wanted to give you a chance to show if you were worthy of my time, but it seems like you have no patience at all. That's fine. Just this once, I'll humor you." Alma said. Every word that she spoke was filled with pride and passion. It was rather strange. It seemed like she was angry, but she wasn't directing that at Ryo. She seemed to be directing it towards concentrating on this battle.

If one were to look closely at Alma, they could see a faint, black aura surrounding her. It almost couldn't be seen, due to the fact that she was wearing armor that was nearly the exact same color. But it was definitely there. Now, more than ever, her lance seemed to want blood. It wanted to feast on the energy of a powerful foe, not one that was just weak. Usually, it was sated by killing several weaker enemies at once, but that wouldn't be the case this time. Ryo actually seemed to possess power. Perhaps it was frightening to think so, but Alma almost seemed to want bloodshed as much as her lance did. It was a lance that drained the life energy and magical energy of whoever it hit, and used that to heal its owner. A mage's worst nightmare, though it wasn't as useful against opponents who were pure physical fighters.

"Don't disappoint me now! By the end of this, I want at least one of us to be left broken, defeated, humiliated, and lying in a pool of their own blood! Anything less will be unsatisfactory!" Alma yelled, and as soon as she finished doing so, she seemingly vanished into the thin air for a brief second. Then, just as quickly as she had vanished, she appeared at Ryo's side, and attempted to pierce him with her lance.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Drey walked alongside Norman until he got to the healing pod.
"You get rested up. I'm off to get killed fighting that guy." He gestured at Ryo. "Bye."

And with that, he walked away.

Drey wasn't much good when it came to goodbyes.

deHughes

Post by deHughes »

As Alma teleported in, Ryo's frown grew greater in size. He snapped the fingers of his off-hand, summoning an Ikusa from the drops of blood from his sword. Leaning backwards, Ryo avoided the attack as his minion was pierced through the chest. It immediately began to shrivel and show visible signs of weakening. Slower movement, tenser muscles, and shorter blows slugged forward, walking deeper into the lance, trying to inflict damage to the wielder of the weapon he was held through.

Ryo turned on his heels as loud beeps filled the room. "Listen, I would love to stay and make pretty pictures with you, but I got an actual tournament fight going on right now. Give me five minutes and then I'll show you why I was the best damn little artist in my grade school class, m'kay? You can even sit in the stands and watch me rip the poor guy apart." As Ryo walked into the arena, he raised his right hand in the air, and gave Alma a thumbs up. "Be warned though, I'm into abstract art. Just grab the bloody paint and go splat on the canvas. Sell it for millions."

The doors shut on Ryo and Alma, prematurely ending at least the first round of their fight. Ryo wanted her to stay, that aura looked too delicious to pass up, but getting a chance at the head of the tournament was more important. Oh, the sacrifices we make for our goals.
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Akira entered the Lobby, his eyes ablaze-- No sooner had he walked in than did the man that housed The Shadow... The monster trying to plunge his world in darkness, walked away, off to the battlefield. Akira had little faith that the man he was facing could actually defeat him-- But he'd no doubt weaken him, which would be enough.

His eyes fell upon a strange sight-- A knight. Odd-- She wasn't on the contestant list. And by the fact that her lance was impaled on a shadowy monster, he could only assume that they'd been fighting. She looked powerful-- Perhaps she could stop him? He needed all the help he could get.

He stood and watched, waiting until the warrior was less engaged to approach her.
GuardianDreamer

"I look forward to it. But for now... I suppose I should get rid of this pest." Alma said. How boring. She would have to wait in order to continue the battle later... What a shame. But assuming Ryo didn't manage to get himself killed, then the battle would likely resume quickly. What was important now was the creature in front of her. It was very nearly dead, due to being impaled on her lance. Alma felt a surge of energy rush through her body... This was something that she had gotten used to. But it was disappointing. She had expected absolutely powerful energy... This, on the other hand... It wasn't quite low-quality, but it wasn't what she had in mind.

This was simple enough to finish off. The creature tried to attack Alma, but the attack was interrupted. This probably wasn't the most practical way to finish off the fight, but she had to do something about the excess energy she had just received. So, she lifted her lance to the air, with the Ikusa still impaled on it. With a bloodthirsty grin, she focused a large amount of energy towards the lance. What happened next was the Ikusa seemingly being burned alive, by a purple fire that surrounded the lance. It quickly disappeared into nothingness.

Next, she would probably have to find Kana... Assuming she hadn't managed to get herself killed yet. But she felt someone else watching her. Looking around, she saw that someone was indeed looking at her. Someone named Akira, though she didn't know that. She calmly waited for him to approach her.
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Akira's eyes narrowed as the woman destroyed the Ikusa in a burst of purple flame. He would have grinned, but he wasn't in any mood. At least he knew now that this knight could fight, and didn't just wear the armor for show. That was good-- After all, Akira couldn't want anyone that had nothing but bravado to back themselves up.

She seemed to notice him, so he stepped out into the open, approaching her calmly. He certainly hoped that this would work...

"Hello there," Akira said, "I am Akira Kagekami. If you don't mind, I'm in desperate need of your assistance... Can you help me?"
GuardianDreamer

Well, this wasn't quite what she had expected. Alma had done mercenary work before, but she didn't expect someone to hire her for something here. Then again, she was probably thinking of this the wrong way. This 'Akira Kagekami' was likely just asking for assistance if she was willing to give it. But at the moment, Alma saw no reason to help anyone here. Just fighting Ryo was probably already a direct violation of whatever rules this Tourney had in place. Not that she particularly cared about the rules of the Tourney, but she knew that she would probably be forced to leave if she went too far.

"I am known as Alma the Dark Knight. Human, answer these questions: What do you need my help with, and why should I help you?" Alma asked.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I forgot about this. Sorry to keep you waiting.
Akira shuffled awkwardly-- This was going to be the hard part.

"I can see that you're quite powerful-- And that's why I want you to help me."

He looked the woman in the eyes, then motioned towards Arena A, where the thing that had once been Ryo Tanshin was locked in combat with the man called Drey Wilkins.

"That man," Akira said, "The one you were fighting before... He is a being from my world, a monster known as 'The Shadow'. He's nothing but a monster, a massive beast that wants to kill and destroy everything; He has twisted my friends' minds, turned them into his servants-- He corrupted my friend, who died in this Tournament. Frankly, I don't believe that that assassin can beat him. He has powers beyond mine, and if he wins this Tournament... Then he's going to get into all reality. Destroy everything. My world, yours... He'll corrupt and twist this entire universe into his own, disgusting world of death and lies!"

He raised his gaze to the warrior, his eyes looking into hers. He held strong-- She couldn't be allowed to see any weakness in his gaze. Only his resolve.

"I need you. Please, assist me. I can't win this battle. But if that man-- No, that thing is allowed to continue existing, it can only bring death and murder to your world and mine! You don't have to join me. But I truly need your help."

He extended his hand, hoping that his words had reached her. "I have a plan. Can you... will you help me?"
GuardianDreamer

"Nice little speech. It'd probably have worked on most people... But it seems like you don't understand my view on things." Alma simply replied, seemingly losing interest in the conversation very quickly. Perhaps it seemed rather rude, but that was her natural personality by now. Or perhaps that wasn't exactly true. She had been different once before, after all. When had she changed? And what exactly had changed about her, anyway? Those were silly questions. She knew the answers to them, so why ask them when she was the only one who could answer them?

Alma took a look at her weapon... The lance that seemed to desire only to consume blood and flesh. In a way, it really was a 'corrupt' weapon, as it could easily change the wielder's personality. It had once been a normal lance, one that had been passed down through her family. And yet, one day, it was said that the once-normal lance had become 'corrupted' by being in too many battles. Considering the strange magic in her world, she didn't question it. By being used to slay countless foes over several thousand years, it had seemingly gained a will of its own. In the worst circumstances, one could be driven insane just wielding it. In the best circumstances, one would just become much more bloodthirsty. Alma was in the latter category, though there was no telling if that would always be true. In any case, it was definitely due to the lance that she focused so much on battle, and seemingly cared about little else.

"You're underestimating the beings of my world. There are those that are literally Gods, or at least have the blood of Gods in them. They're all warring against each other right about now, but I'm sure quite a few of them would stop this being you're so scared of. I could kill perhaps one of them with this lance, but it would result in my death as well. Besides, my world is already in a state of chaos, bringing another powerful being into the picture would make things more exciting. And believe me, my world is already a world of death and corruption. You're far too idealistic." Alma said. She intentionally skimmed over several details, as explaining everything would likely result in a very long speech. Something that she didn't exactly have time for right now.

"But be of good cheer, for I do wish to fight that being you call 'The Shadow'. A magnificent battle will surely result, whether it ends in my victory or death. Just know that I'm already overstepping certain bounds... I'm not supposed to be fighting anyone. In truth, I'm only supposed to give a message to someone here... But it seems as though I couldn't resist fighting a worthy opponent. Still, I strongly doubt I will be able to kill this 'Shadow' that you speak of. The security here can't be lax enough to allow one of the competitors to die outside a Tourney Battle." Alma ended.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Drey looks around blankly as he returned to the arena.

"That's it? I won?" He put a hand to his head, extremely confused.
"Can someone tell me what the hell's going on here?"