The 1st Annual AAO RP Tournament - The Waiting Lobby

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

deHughes
Spoken languages: English

Re: The 1st Annual AAO RP Tournament - The Waiting Lobby

Post by deHughes »

Ryo's face rocked back to the side slightly as the pistol made contact with his face. As Ryo lifted his back to face Norman, a smile came on his face. "Funny guy..."

With extreme speed, Ryo ran his fist straight into Norman's gut in an effort to wind him. Raising his other hand, Ryo tightly grabbed onto Norman's gun arm and began to squeeze, trying to make Norman drop the gun from sheer pain.

"Too bad you're such an idiot. Your head is shoved too far up your own ass to ever consider that I could kill you with a single finger." Ryo's face grew wild and his smile exaggerated. "Though, I gotta give it to ya. You got balls, boy. I like that." Ryo laughed as he continued to crush down on Norman's wrist.
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
Remilia Scarlet

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Kazooie watched the struggle between Ryo and Norman. She wanted to help but it would be embarrassing to be added to the list of people Ryo curbstomped.

"Drey Wilkins?" Kazooie called "I thought you should know, you're going to get knocked out of the tournament very soon and it won't be pretty."
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Well, this was certainly strange. Kokoro Ito had never seen anything like this before. Everything felt strange, as though she could wake up at any moment and find out that everything that had happened was a lie. She took a look at her surroundings. She was walking down what seemed to be a bridge made out of fine silver, but it was entirely surrounded by darkness. And she could barely see anything. She wasn't even sure how the bridge was being held up. But she knew that she had to go further. That was what she had been told, anyway. And she trusted the person who was walking beside her. Well, 'walking' would be a lie. The person who was beside her was riding a dark horse. The reason Kokoro was walking was because the horse didn't seem to take kindly to anyone other than its owner.

"It will only take a while longer. Please stay strong." The strange person said. Kokoro once again looked at her. Wearing black armor that matched her horse, this person seemed to be outfitted as what most would picture a 'Dark Knight' looking like. There were some obvious differences however, though they were only made clear when she had taken off her helmet. Truth be told, Kokoro had mistaken this Dark Knight for a male when she was still wearing her helmet. Or had she not? Her memory felt foggy. Of course, that was natural. The pathway they were taking now required an extreme amount of willpower to pass through.

What was different about this person was her face. The first thing one would notice about her face was likely to be her ears. They were pointed, elf-like ears. With blonde hair that was in a ponytail to match, she definitely seemed to be an elf. But she had claimed to be a demon instead, albeit a specific race that was very similar to how humans imagined elves. She had claimed that her name was Alma, and she had suddenly appeared before Kokoro in the Mortal Plains to take her to a place where she was needed. Kokoro had been shown a vision of her friends dying in an Arena before, and what Alma told her seemed to match up with that vision. The story being that Kokoro could at least try to save one of them... Considering her revival abilities only worked once a day, and the fact that the Arena in her visions seemed to operate under different rules, she had the feeling that she could only revive exactly one of them. Perhaps she was wrong, however.

But this pathway... It seemed so surreal. Everything felt like a distant, faraway dream. The reason Alma had even bothered taking Kokoro was because it was apparently easier to go with someone with a strong affinity for the dead. Though she tried her best to hide it, Kokoro could tell that this pathway was making Alma feel exhausted. Yet one thing never changed. Alma always carried her lance, as though she was preparing to charge forward at any moment. The lance reflected the colour scheme of its owner, being dark in colour... But it had an ominous aura about it. One that seemed pure, yet evil at the same time. How did that work, exactly?

"I suppose I should tell you that I have my own reasons for wanting to be at that Tourney as well. None of them are malicious in any way, let me assure you." Alma said, her expression still neutral. Even if she looked like an elf, her attitude was somewhat cold, but not condescending. As though it would be hard to impress her, but at the same time, she wouldn't be rude to you.

Suddenly, the pathway ended. How? Kokoro wasn't sure. There was still darkness up ahead, but she felt like taking another step forward was dangerous. Thinking about it, she realized how odd the two of them must have looked. Kokoro was wearing a ceremonial kimono, and she was standing next to a dark knight. But she couldn't ponder any of this further. Suddenly, she felt the world spin around her, and a bright flash of light forced her to blink. When she could open her eyes once more, she found herself in the middle of a Waiting Lobby. What was more important was that apparently a fight was happening in the Waiting Lobby.

"Kokoro, can you please leave? You have a friend to revive, I believe." Alma said. Kokoro wasn't sure what to think about this, considering there was a fight going on in the Lobby. But she felt like someone she knew had definitely died... More than one, perhaps. And Alma could probably handle this. So while she was reluctant to do so... She decided to wander around, trying to find somewhere where she wouldn't be interrupted. She would need to guide a spirit from the Underworld back to the Mortal Plains, it seemed. She would be able to find out who was dead, and then revive them. Of course, she would have to explain why she was here and how she got here later to just about everyone in the Tourney. She got the feeling whoever was running the Tourney would kick her out at any moment.

Unlike Kokoro, Alma did not leave the Waiting Lobby. Instead, she turned towards Ryo and Norman. Even though she hated most humans, she felt obligated to try to stop them from getting hurt.

"You there... Will you stop hurting him, or shall my lance taste your blood?" Alma said, still on her horse and pointing her lance at Ryo. In truth, she actually wanted a fight to happen. When was the last time she had fought a magnificent battle? Too long. Okay, perhaps it was closer to a few days, but that was long for someone like her.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Norman recoiled from the pain of Ryo's punch, kneeling to the ground, before feeling Ryo squeeze his wrist that was holding his gun tightly. He felt immense pain through his arm, dropping the gun he had in his hand. Still kneeling on one leg, he attempted to backhand Ryo across the face with his free arm to get him to let go. He heard others talking around him, but the pain in his arm forced him to focus on the man in front of him.
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
GuardianDreamer

Kokoro eventually found an area where it seemed like she wouldn't be disturbed. Of course, it was rather dark. It seemed like a Storage Room of some sort. It was slightly cramped for what she was about to do, but she moved a few of the boxes, and once she was comfortable with the space she had, she stopped. Taking a deep breath, she tried to clear her mind. Revival wasn't something to take lightly, after all. Her ability to guide souls back to the Mortal Plains was certainly an impressive one, but she had to be careful with it. For starters, it was almost guaranteed that she would be noticed, but that didn't seem to be a problem in the Arena. Secondly, the fact was that she could easily mess up the procedure. Though she had received training, there was a very real possibility that something could go horribly wrong.

But now wasn't the time to ponder the possible consequences. She had decided to try this anyway. She felt obligated to... Though she wasn't sure which one of her friends had died, all of them were too young to die. Of course, she couldn't be sure of that. Though all of them maintained the appearances of ordinary high-school students, she didn't know what they may or may not truly be. And so, Kokoro Ito sat down in a position that made it seem like she was meditating. An aura of light surrounded her. As she chanted a few words under her breath, what seemed like a circle of light surrounded her.

Please help me guide this lost soul back to the Mortal Plains...

As Kokoro thought that, she felt strange. She felt a familiar presence... Two, actually. She could tell who she could revive. It seemed like the people who had died were... Yasui and Moshi? She certainly hadn't expected that. Yet that wasn't what most surprised her. She could hear a quiet voice warning her not to revive Moshi. Though for all intents and purposes it was in her head, she could still almost 'hear' what these lost souls were saying, or at least get a gist of what their souls were like. It was odd that she was being advised not to revive Moshi, but it soon became clear why. It appeared that Moshi's soul was corrupted by darkness. Though it pained her to do so, she knew that not reviving him was likely the best idea. It seemed like reviving him would just bring him more suffering in any case.

She tried to focus on Yasui's soul now. Once again, she felt wary. It was strange to describe it... It felt like there were traces of being corrupted, but they were now gone. Not that serving the darkness made one corrupt, unlike what some of her companions may believe, but it was very easy for the darkness to corrupt someone. From what she could tell, Yasui had been a servant of the darkness, and yet had managed to escape that. Or perhaps he hadn't, as evidenced by the fact that he was now deceased. Still, Kokoro felt safe about reviving Yasui.

Your time has not yet come. Please, return to the Mortal Plains.

Kokoro felt a surge of energy. At that moment, an overwhelming amount of light energy surrounded her, almost seeming like a powerful gust of wind. She felt like she could be pushed back at any moment, yet she had to stay strong. Opening her eyes, she got up and walked a few paces backward. Enough so that she was in the magical circle, but not exactly in the middle of it. Once more, a flash of light temporarily blinded her.

When she opened her eyes, Kokoro couldn't help but smile. The magic circle was now gone, but now, where the middle of the circle had just been stood Yasui. Well, not quite. He was lying down on the ground, likely barely conscious. He wore his school uniform. The revival was a success. Kokoro walked closer and crouched down, trying to make sure that he was fine.

"Yasui? Are you alright? Your soul has been guided back to the Mortal Plains. Welcome back. ... I suppose I'll need to explain this later." Kokoro said. Yet she smiled. Being able to help a former agent of the darkness... Even though most agents of light would disapprove, she felt like it was a step towards proving that a world of coexistence could prosper.
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

Ryo felt a quick slap hit against his face as he turned to face a unfamiliar voice speaking to him. His little detective friend thought it was a good idea to hit him across the face. But right now, Ryo sensed that he had bigger fish to fry.

He made a quick turn away from Norman and faced Alma with a smile. "I never was one to let idiots have all my attention. Go chill in one of the healing pods, or something. More productive way of spending your time." Ryo told the detective without so much of turning his head to look at him.

Returning his attention back to the Dark Knight, Ryo gave a very formal bow. Tucking one arm behind his back, placing one in front of his chest, and bending down at the waist. "A pleasure to meet you, mi'lady." Ryo returned himself back to proper posture and continued addressing Alma. "But I can't you have any of my blood, I'm afraid. It's far too tasty."

Master Of Chaos

Darkness.

Darkness.

Darkness everwhere. There was nothing. Nowhere to go, nowhere to look, nowhere to be. It was an endless pit of Darkness. Yasui couldn't feel, hear, touch, or see anything, nor could he think. His "Existence" was all that was left. If you could call it that.

If this was death, then so be it. There was nothing to be done for the boy. Death was death....Or was it?

Please help me guide this lost soul back to the Mortal Plains..

Something was changing. The Darkness was very slowly being replaced by Light. Soon, Yasui had felt his consciousnesses return.

Your time has not yet come. Please, return to the Mortal Plains.

He was able to hear a faint beating sound. It sounded like a heartbeat....His own? He then heard a very familiar voice, having a hard time making it out.[/i]

".....ui? Are you alright? Your soul has been guided back to the Mortal Plains. Welcome back...."

At the sound of that voice, Yasui began to slowly open his eyes. At first, he only saw white in front of him. As time passed, however, he began to see a fuzzy outline of a person next to him. He tried to reach out to the figure with his left arm, and found himself touching his or her shoulder, trying to see who it was. After the fog cleared away from his eyes He saw clearly who it was.

It was Kokoro Ito, his classmate from school. At first, he just looked at her in shock for about 3 seconds. Then he quickly rapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly, overjoyed to see her. Realizing just as quickly how awkward that was, he pulled away and moved back a little bit.

"Uh...S...Sorry about that...Wait." Yasui said, quickly forgetting his own embarrassment and remembering that he was clueless as to what was going on.

"Kokoro, why are you...How am I still....Sensei's brother, he...." Yasui put his fingers around his throat, feeling a bit of dried blood as well as a sense of dryness in his throat. Suddenly, it hit him.

"Sensei! Where is he!? Is he alright!? Last time I saw him, he was with...Argh!" Yasui felt a pounding in his head, as well as a desire for air. He learned up against a wall and tried breathing slower.
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
GuardianDreamer

For Alma, it truly seemed like this was one of the moments where she would know true joy. She dismounted from her stead, and turned to face Ryo. She really preferred mounted combat, but the Waiting Lobby didn't exactly give her much room to maneuver on her horse. Alma still had her lance, ready to fight at any time. In response to Ryo's bow, she decided to respond with a salute of sorts. Hitting the ground with the bottom of her lance, in addition to a traditional salute. Like this, there were several things one could note about her. First of all, she was somewhat taller than average, perhaps due to not being a human. Though she was about 25 years old, she looked about 5 years younger than that. Her eyes were clearly blue.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well. I am Alma, a Dark Knight of some renown. I doubt you've heard of me wherever you come from though. And I believe you're mistaken about something. You see, I was trying to be polite. I will take your blood whether or not I have your permission. If it's really as delicious as you claim it is, then that's all the more reason why I should let my lance taste it, correct?" She said. Though it was worded like a question, she didn't really expect an answer. She continued quickly.

"Would you like a quick duel? I'm warning you, I'm not an easy opponent. I would recommend fighting until either one of us inflicts a mortal blow on the other, or until one of us is incapable of fighting. Unless you have another idea? And that's assuming you accept, of course." Alma said.

Elsewhere, Kokoro Ito tried to calm down Yasui. How was she supposed to explain all of this, when she didn't know all the details? She tried to explain as best as she could.

"Yasui... You died, somehow. I came here to revive you. I'm not sure what's happening, but we're still at the Arena. It seemed like something was happening at the Waiting Lobby... Perhaps we should head there?" Kokoro suggested.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Master Of Chaos

Yasui didn't needed to be reminded of how he died. That much he remembered. But how did Kokoro bring him back? Was she given powers from the gods too...? It didn't matter right now. Yasui needed to know what was going on, and fast. He nodded his head to Kokoro, and went through the hallway to the lobby.

------------------------------------------------------------------

When Yasui and Kokoro got to the lobby, it told quite a story.

Norman was holding his wrist as if it was broken, which it could be, and sitting with his back against a wall. With his other arm, he grabbed his gun and put it in his pocket. He could attempt to shoot Ryo...No. He had to be taken to the courts. Killing him was a last resort. He turned to see the kid from before alive.....? How the hell?! Before he could try to process the information, he began to lose consciousness due to his injuries from his fight and Ryo, plus the shock.

Yasui looked at the screen for Arena A. Sensei was fighting. Now. and whoever he was fighting had just...Transformed would be the best way to describe it. He had to get to the Arena A box quick. But the next thing that stole his attention had him more worried. Ryo was talking to someone else, likely looking for blood. If he saw Yasui again, he's most likely kill him a second time. But if he saw Kokoro....No, the thought was too much for him to bear. He turned to Kokoro and looked her in the eyes.

"Listen to me. You've done what you've came for right? Get out as quick as possible. Sensei's brother has the Darkness inside him. If he sees you....Just get out of here, please. I need to go before he sees me too. Thanks for saving me, I'll treat you to ice cream or something to start paying you back later, ok?" Yasui said to her. And with that, he ran off to the path to the commentators box for arena A.
Spoiler : :
Rushed post is rushed.

Remilia Scarlet

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Kazooie watched Yasui run from the scene. She wasn't particularly surprised to see him alive again. It was a relief, though, even if he did come across as a total wimp.
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

Ryo couldn't help but chuckle over the whole situation. Some strange Dark Knight pranced in and decided that fighting him was a good idea. So good, in fact, that she would do it no matter what he said! Least she had the manners to ask though, that was nice of her. Ryo had to hand it to this lady, she had guts. Willing to go up to obviously the largest threat in the whole tournament and fight him without any kind of approval? Laugh riot, right there.

Smiling widely, Ryo swung his head in large half-circles, and pushed his arms forward in a large stretch. "I like you." He said, arching his back away. With a small moan, Ryo swung himself back to proper posture and continued. "Oooh, that's the spot. You ain't afraid of cutting the bull and getting the point." Ryo shrugged his shoulders before placing his hands on his hips and leaning towards the imposing figure. "The point, of course, being the one on your lance. Nice and strong, determined, resilient, and let's not forget beautiful and young. You're everything I desire in a meal."

Ryo cackled loudly before jumping back a few meters and gripping his stomach in intense pain. He fell down on one knee as he landed, and spoke in a very real pain. "Oooh, aahh!" He moaned loudly, unknowingly taunting the Knight in front of him. "Old wounds... not fun. Heh heh." He gave a weak chuckle as he fell over, his hands now pressed against the ground and his face staring down. Where Alma couldn't see, Ryo's smile returned to him as a thick black mist surrounded his chest before compacting down before the other's eyes. A sword now sat stabbed through Ryo's gut; the pitch black blade that Ryo had used twice before.

He shot up quickly, without any form of hesitation or pain. Reaching his arm down, he quickly pulled the sword from his gut, blood spewing out from the wound and splattering against the floor. He raised his blade to his eyes and ran it down his tongue, licking his own blood off it. "Sometimes, theatrics are just too much fun to pass by, you know? Hahahahahaha!!!!"

Ryo settled down into a battle stance and flicked his other hand towards Alma, taunting her to come near. "Besides, this shit is just too good to pass up on! You gotta get some whenever ya can!"

GuardianDreamer

If anything, Ryo's taunting made Alma desire battle even more. So this was how it was going to be, then? Just about anyone else would probably have noted how Ryo was almost certainly insane, but Alma had seen people act like that before. The difference was that most others were just insane, and actually rather weak on their own. But it was different this time. She could actually feel power coming from Ryo. Perhaps it was different here, but where Alma came from, such an intense aura of power was a very good sign that your opponent knew what they were doing, and could handle entire groups of enemies if they so desired. Of course, few possessed that kind of intense aura. And those that did... It could not be said that they had the freedom to live their own lives as they pleased.

War. That's what an aura like this reminded Alma of. Those who could actually be this dangerous didn't have the freedom to live their own lives. Whether willingly or not, they would have to fight in war, being used as nothing more than weapons. Because that's what they would become. She herself had nearly succumbed to a similar fate, but had managed to run away from those who would use her for their own purposes. Right. War was very common in the Underworld, considering the fact that the King had died recently... Naturally leading to many people claiming that they had a right to the Throne. It didn't help that the only remaining blood relative was a complete fool. An extremely lucky and manipulative fool, but a fool is still a fool.

It was strange to think that she was thinking about something like this when an opponent was right in front of her. But now she thought about the more interesting parts of war. The actual battles. The times when she had been forced to fight against impossible odds, and still emerge victorious. The times when she had slaughtered entire legions of mages by herself, thanks to her lance's special ability. Each time she fought, she wanted to feel blood stain her lance. Perhaps she had gotten addicted to fighting, but it was her reason for living right now. The Underworld wasn't exactly the home of the most sane beings to ever exist, but those that had actually managed to not completely descend into a pathetic state of madness usually did so by focusing on something. For Alma, it was focusing on battle. That wasn't to say she fought just for the sake of fighting, of course. But her reasons for fighting were secret.

Thinking about that, Alma was glad that she had survived long enough to see this day. She had already made a promise that one day, she would die gloriously in battle, as that was truly what she desired. Of course, that didn't mean she just planned to roll over and die. And while Ryo certainly seemed like a very powerful opponent, Alma wanted to die in a hopeless battle against countless enemies, trying to change fate. That would truly be a death to remember. But for now, she focused on Ryo.

"I'm glad to see a fellow spirit who enjoys fighting as much as I do! As long as neither of us holds back, then this should be glorious. Let this dance of death and blood begin!" Alma said, in what could best be described as a blood-thirsty tone of voice. It seemed like the kind of voice that would be used to yell at an enemy across from you in the battlefield, rather than one that was rather close to you. With that, she did something that seemed odd. With her lance in both of her hands, she seemingly twirled it around in a circle. For a moment, this did nothing.

Then, in the very next moment, what seemed like a dark energy ball emerged from the lance, headed straight at Ryo. It seemed neither too strong, nor too weak. A cautious beginning move.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Nyhmthetim

Post by Nyhmthetim »

Is it too late to join this Rp?
Master Of Chaos

Nyhmthetim wrote:
Is it too late to join this Rp?
Wrong thread, good sir. The thread you are looking for to ask OCC questions would be the OCC thread for the Tournament.

And I'm afraid it is too late, sorry. We're already on the second round and signups closed before we started. There's always the next Tournament, but that won't come for awhile.

Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Remilia Scarlet wrote:Kazooie watched the struggle between Ryo and Norman. She wanted to help but it would be embarrassing to be added to the list of people Ryo curbstomped.

"Drey Wilkins?" Kazooie called "I thought you should know, you're going to get knocked out of the tournament very soon and it won't be pretty."
"Uh huh." Drey called back, bringing up the details of his opponent.
Name: Ryo Tanshin

Backstory: Ryo worked for the local police station as one the Chief's most trusted detectives. He was put on the case of his brother's girlfriend's murder and found that his brother was the most likely culprit. During this time, a being known as the Shadow, a God corrupted by the realm of the dead, had possesses the police chief and began manipulating the police force to find those who fought under the banner of Amaterasu. During this time, he also found that a volunteer at the station named Moshi had been taken over by one of his demon servants. He gave Moshi a pistol to use, and continued pulling the strings. However, the Chief's body was not strong enough to hold the God of Darkness and he needed to move to a new host. He contacted the Chief's right hand, Ryo Tanshin, and interrupted his attempt at warning his brother that something was going on. The Shadow forced his way into Ryo, making the Chief fade from existence. Ryo took over the role of Chief and begun placing demon soldiers within the bodies of his police staff. However, the Shadow grew impatient quickly and left his host, leaving only a small part of himself on Ryo's soul and departed to the land of the Gods to do battle with his sister, Amaterasu for control of the world. In the resulting chaos he was slain, leaving the only remaining part of his power in the body of unsuspecting Ryo Tanshin. When the world began to collapse from the God's deaths, Ryo was consumed by a pillar of darkness and sealed away until the Shadow was in full control once more.

Appearance: Ryo is a freshly shaven, extremely proper looking detective who gives off a vibe of confidence and pride in his work. Ryo has cold, dark and now empty black eyes that seem to be fixed in a icy stare. His skin has always been fairly pale, but since the arrival of the Shadow into his body, it has become even more so. Ryo always keeps his black hair short and trimmed to give about an air of professionalism. Ryo wears his casual apparel of a mahogany dress shirt underneath a gray blazer. He completes the look with black dress pants, and a belt that bears his badge and firearm.

Personality: Ryo was a very formal and proper man, sticking to procedure and constantly doing what he felt was right. He was strict with his fellow officers and would put on a kind face for civilians in need. With his brother, and others close to him Ryo was more joking, but still carried a unique atmosphere. He wouldn’t just go along with any joke laid out. He instead of shove the joke back in the person’s face, give them a middle finger and say “No, you.” Needless to say, around those that knew him, Ryo wasn’t afraid to misbehave. However, with the Shadow quickly grabbing ahold of his mind, Ryo is becoming absolutely insane. Constantly laughing and smiling with others agony being his favourite source of amusement. Procedure and order are heavily twisted while in the Shadow’s control. Twisted into something monstrous.

Battle Psychology: In battle, the Shadow quickly consumes his host turning him into a figure of sheer terror. With no regard for the well being of his host, the Shadow forms a blade out of absolute darkness for Ryo to use. However, Ryo is not your average sword wielder. Instead, he mutilates his own body and draws blood, which when it connects to the darkness of the blood, transforms into horrific weapons in battle. The true Ryo stands his ground and damages himself while his monsters handle the fight for him. Ryo plays a high risk, high reward game, where if he is unable to defeat his opponent before they get to him he will be much weaker than any other opponent, but will continue to fight in hope of drawing blood himself.

Skills:
Skill: Corrupting Darkness - The Shadow drains life from Ryo to create a blade of pure darkness that morphs blood into a twisted version of whom it was drawn from.

Move: Beasts of Desecration - These beasts act on mental orders sent from Ryo and fight with giant claws where their hands should be. The beasts are significantly weaker than their host(only taking a handful of hits to kill) and are physically weaker. Only ten blood monsters may be maintained at any given time.

Move: Tendrils of the Void - Ryo detonates all active blood monsters, causing them to burst apart, and the blood to fall on the service they’re standing on. This blood becomes infused by the darkness in the beast, and will burn any who pass over it that are not of the darkness. This dissipates after a period of time, or can be absorbed by Ryo if he is nearby to restore health.

Skill: Unholy Pact - The Shadow is ever present, ever hungry within the body of Ryo Tanshin. It craves for another meal, but without him to foster its growth, the Shadow will die. Thus, the Shadow has graced his host with a means to survive after loss of blood in battle. When the going gets tough, and an average man would collapse and die, the darkness will fill Ryo’s veins in its stead. This will keep him alive and conscious for a short while of time. Hopefully, just long enough to end his foes pitiful life.

Equipment:
- The blade of darkness crafted from Ryo’s soul.
- A standard issue pistol (6-shot)
- An additional 18 bullets for his pistol

Strengths:
- While in battle, he has no fear or any emotion other than ecstasy.
- Due to Unholy Pact, he has great survivablity
- Is very proficient with his sword if he needs to use it.

Weaknesses:
- Due to fighting style, he drains life from himself while attacking, and will be very weak if engaged properly.
- Because of his possession, he feels nothing in battle that would limit him. He goes all out non-stop.
- Is easily caught up in the moment of battle, and can lose himself in sheer ecstacy.
"Unless..." He sighed. "Unless you guys wear him down a little with... this." He gestured disinterestedly at the chaos surrounding him. "And I get close."

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.