The 1st Annual AAO RP Tournament - Round 2 - Arena A

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

$Fth
Spoken languages: English

Re: The 1st Annual AAO RP Tournament - Round 2 - Arena A

Post by $Fth »

Despite the wave of projectiles rocketing towards them, the two remained calm and instantly leaped into action. With trained reflexes and timing, the two swung around their respective parts of the weapon wildly, rounds glancing off the rapier and scabbard alike as they cut a swathe through the bullets. Even in the midst of the onslaught, they dashed forward, the strange bullets flashing around them as their arms arced wildly.

Like clockwork, the two approached Kana as she was reaching the ground and began the steps of their assault. Zak swung the scabbard downward into the earth (which was noticeably softer once you stepped away from the trail) and jumped over it, using it as a kickstand. Their running speed was converted into centrifugal force which resulted in their forward momentum being changed into a downward moment, their weight being multiplied by the inertia into a heavy kick directly downward on to the seemingly defenseless girl.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Kana knew that she couldn't just maintain the graceful fall that she had set up for herself. Under normal circumstances, she could easily land on the ground and regain her footing. But it wasn't normal when an opponent was just about ready to attack you. She thought quickly about her possibilities, and tried to turn away in mid-air to avoid getting hit, but it was far too late for that. The kick sent by Zachary and Wilson succeeded in knocking her back somewhat. The blow hurt quite a bit, there was no doubt about that, but Kana grit her teeth and did her best to endure it. She had fallen to the ground, now on one knee, but quickly summoned away her golden gun, leaving just her silver gun.

A familiar red barrier then surrounded Kana, and she did her best to make sure that the corners of the barrier would reach Zachary and Wilson. However, it was just as likely that they could just move away from it. But that wasn't the point. Right now, she just wanted to get some distance.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

A barrier, huh? She was clearly playing on the defensive which meant this was the time to push their advantage. Grinning, they held up their hands, still curled in fists around their respective halves of the weapon and pushed against the barrier directly. Almost instantly, their eyes snapped wide open in surprise as the barrier seared the tips of Zak's knuckles. Quickly pulling back, they backstepped a short distance from Kana. "A fire barrier, eh? Took me by surprise but it won't go much further than that." Wilson grinned at Kana.

Following said statement, Zak tossed the scabbard forward, letting it spin freely in the air momentarily before kicking outward. Catching the scabbard out of the air with perfect timing, he locked the scabbard longwise between his foot and the barrier, using it as an extension of himself to stop the barrier from burning his body. The barrier still attempted to extend outwards but Zak put all his weight into it, his other foot slipping across the dirt. "I mean, unless you were just planning to turtle yourself away in that forever. But that would be no fun at all. Yeah, that'd be pretty boring."
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
Just call me Ike.
GuardianDreamer

"Oh, no. I don't plan on doing that. I'm sure everyone would be very bored of that... They are still watching, after all." Kana said, and she decided to recall her Golden Gun back to her hand. In doing so, she couldn't keep up the barrier for much longer, and it quickly faded away. She had a glint in her eye, like she was suddenly struck with inspiration. Admittedly, the plan that she had come up with was not the most honorable plan ever. In fact, it would likely be seen as cowardly in the eyes of many, or just plain annoying, but oh well. It wasn't like she was fighting for honor, anyway.

"Well... Bye." Kana said, as she began running away from Zachary and Wilson. As she did this, she turned her head back a few times and fired at Zachary and Wilson when she could. However, for obvious reasons, none of these shots were very accurate. Right now, she was just getting deeper into the fields.
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

"What the hell is she playing at?" Wilson muttered under his breath to his companion. "No clue but we can't let her get too far away with those guns. Gotta keep on her. Right." Shrugging to themselves, they took off in pursuit, deflecting what few rounds actually came in proximity to them and disregarding the ones that hadn't.
Just call me Ike.
GuardianDreamer

Spoiler : :
Post made while tired and really needing some sleep. Apologies if there are any errors.
"This will sting." Kana whispered to herself. It was quiet enough that Zachary and Wilson probably couldn't hear her, which rendered her warning rather moot. But that wasn't the point. Kana did a sort of spin while jumping back slightly. She now faced Zachary and Wilson, and while the jump did get more distance between them, the point of the move was so that Zachary and Wilson wouldn't react in time. Or at least they wouldn't react immediately.

Kana immediately opened fire on Zachary with both of her guns, aiming to shoot him as many times as possible. Of course, the fact remained that she had stopped running away now, in order to concentrate on shooting him.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Spoiler : OOC :
Oh wait I'm still in this. God dammit, I can NOT think of a proper response to this action outside of getting shot the f*** up. Just gonna roll with this post and see where it takes me.
Zak's pursuit skid to a stop as a hail of bullets rained down upon the duo. There sure wasn't any avoiding it in its entirety but perhaps they could at least make the best out of it. Facing stalwart into the stream of rounds, Wilson lunged forward, launching his rapier like a javelin clean through the middle of the onslaught, directly towards Kana. The rounds rang around his head, each one seeming closer than the last. Following into his throwing motion, he tucked Zak's head down and rolled forward, making his body curl up as small as possible before planting his feet and leaping with all the strength he could muster. For a brief second, Zak's body was completely straightened and spread out, as broad a target as he could be.

And, of course, with such a condition, a punishment is bound to happen. Flying over Kana altogether and landing behind her, a searing pain rang in Zak's head. The cold feel of blood trickling down his neck provoked Wilson cautiously raising a hand up to Zak's head. His left ear had been blown clean off the side of his head. Blood running down his left leg revealed that a round had grazed his upper thigh as well. Neither wound was crippling but the pain was naturally immense. Time slowed down to a crawl around the duo as adrenaline kicked in. Both eyes stared bullets on Kana's back, awaiting the result of the rapier's trajectory. If it missed, Wilson could simply catch it at no cost. Aside from the injuries, of course.
Just call me Ike.
GuardianDreamer

There were some things in life that could probably go better if one had more time to think their actions through. This was a fine example of that.

If she had been given the time to think logically, then Kana would likely have realized that sidestepping probably would have been the best course of action to take in order to dodge the rapier. But there was hardly any time to think in battle, and she relied on her instincts to guide her. In this case, her instincts decided that the best idea was to make one of the clumsiest jumps she had ever made in an attempt to evade the rapier. She stopped firing as soon as she could, and tried to jump. Even before realizing that side-stepping would have been infinitely preferable, she realized that ducking would have taken less effort, and would have likely been safer.

The jump she had made had been enough to dodge the rapier. That much she was grateful for. What she wasn't grateful for was the fact that her jump had been so badly done, that she actually fell down on the ground upon landing. At least she wasn't lying face-down on the ground, but she was basically supporting her weight with one hand and knee. And of course, Zachary and Wilson weren't in front of her anymore. That could only mean one thing. First of all, she needed to at least get up. She did her best to get up as quickly as possible, while turning around. It didn't take a genius to find out that she was probably going to be in a lot of pain soon. Just brilliant.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here