RP: [ON/OFF]

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

RP: [ON/OFF]

Post by Wolf Speaker »

[On/Off]
Sign-Ups are now closed!
Setting:

This is World 001. Otherwise known as Alinthea. There are other worlds out there, somewhere; but nobody really knows how to get there, save for a select chosen few. Alinthea is a world built on clouds, where navigation equals following the air currents and earth is scarce. You live in the kingdom of Aelinthe, on the floating continent of Windia. Aelinthe is a large, thriving country ruled by a benevolent king, friendly with neighboring kingdoms. But there are rumors; speculation, mere hearsay, unfounded and certainly impossible to prove, whispers exchanged in secrecy at taverns late at night, that tension is brewing between Windia and Aeon, the sacred isle in which reside those who stand at the world’s very top…

Plot:

The queen is dying. There is no cure. This is an unknown disease, and people are fearing a plague. The king has chosen his final option: the only remedy known to man that can mend all illness, water from the mystical spring of life hidden deep within the divine realm, the dominion of the gods. The gateway to it is located on the isle of Aeon, protected by the priests of the temple of Air. Hear the king’s plead: brave warriors, journey into the realm of the ancient deities, bring back the cure for Her Majesty, and enter the ranks of the warriors of the Top World!

Where you come in:

The Top World stands above myriad other worlds; to be part of it is to gain wealth and glory. Up there, you will find the very best: warriors, mages, those who have attained the peak of near-perfection. Countless brave souls have ventured out to fulfill the king’s request—they now call it the King’s Quest—in search of that unsurpassed excellence. But the deed is easier said than done. To enter Aeon, one must receive the royal crests of the rulers, the emperors who govern each of the four grand continents of Aeristel, inked on holy papyrus from the Old Trees of Aeon, the very roots of that which holds up the isle of Air, the only portion of pure land in the world. It has been four months. They say that the Emperor of Windia, though sympathetic to the Aelinthian king’s plight, is growing tired of the relentless requests for his sacred seal, something that he cannot give easily. Adventurers have found themselves at a block in the road at Skyraim, where the emperor has refused to see all those who demand his crest. Nobody has managed to venture farther into the two other continents. And then there is the very act of intruding upon the land of the gods, a place only a single man has ever ventured into and lived to tell the tale.

Skye Ryden, the legendary hero of myths and folklore.

Nobody knows where he is right now. Nobody even knows if he’s alive or not. Some say he is dead—after all, it’s been millennia since his famous exploit. Some say he isn’t—Ryden is no ordinary human, with no ordinary lifespan. Some don’t even believe he exists. Some—the very same ones that whisper tales of Windia and Aeon and betrayal—say he’s gone into hiding. But nobody knows what these people mean.

Hiding? From what?

Nevertheless, people have not yet given up hope. There have been countless casualties, yes—but the number of new so-called ‘challengers’ rises every fortnight, and They are certain that one of them will succeed.

You think you will too.

Classes

The Warrior class, composed of several sub-classes:

* Swordsman – Those who use swords.
* Archer – Those who wield bows and arrows, specializing in long range attacks.
* Knight – Brave warriors who go out to battle on a faithful destrier, clad from head to toe in armor.
* Paladin – Defenders of justice armed with lances and spears.
* Fighter – A term not quite globally recognized yet, these warriors fight bare-handed.

The Mage class, composed of several sub-classes:

* Black Mage – Mages who specialize in offensive magic.
* White Mage – Mages who specialize in healing magic.
*Necromancer – Mages who specialize in bringing the dead back to existence. Not very well-regarded. Their skill is a branch of dark magic.
*Shaman – Mages who specialize in dark magic—that is to say, inflicting curses upon your enemies—and communicating with otherworldly spirits. Can occasionally pass for a healer.
*Summoner – Mages who lack the ability to cast magic themselves, but who possess the unique ability of making contracts with magical creatures and summoning them in battle.
*Elementalist – Mages who specialize in elemental spells. Often specialize in more than one element.

The Healer class, composed of several sub-classes:

*White Mage – Read above.
*Doctor – One equipped solely with medicine and knowledge. At quite a disadvantage against magical healers.
*Shaman – Read above. Generally rather poor healers.
*Salve-maker – Those with the special ability to enhance and produce healing mixtures using key ingredients.

The Tamer class composed of several sub-classes:

* Beastmaster – Those who can tame a variety of different beasts and unleash their inner power. Somewhat closer to animals than normal humans.
* Falconer – Special people with the ability to communicate with a variety of bird of prey. Possess a ‘partner’ that they can locate at any given time. Often possess unique skills, such as seeing through their partner’s eyes.
* Summoner – Read above.
* Dragonrider – A rare sight, people who have managed to tame and befriend the legendary dragons, and who ride them to battle. Their magic seems to have adapted to their reptilian companions.

The Assassin class, composed of several sub-classes:

* Ninja – Possess unique skills and are shrouded in secrecy. Can utilize a variety of weapons, including needles and poison.
* Doppelganger – Those with the capability of melting into the shadows, unseen and unheard. It is said they can mimic others’ appearances. Often deadly, but rare.
* Thief – Those who fight for gold, specializing in stealth. Often use knives. Most do not appreciate their label.

The Artist class, composed of several sub-classes:

* Bard – Traveling poets who sing praise of kings and heroes of glory or epic tales of bravery. Not to be underestimated. Their poetry can do more than you expect.
* Musician – Those who play different instruments for a living. Their music is their magic.
* Alchemist – Those who can create new from the fusion of old. Their odd inventions have a variety of interesting effects, ranging from humorous or practical to downright deadly. They prefer to be called ‘scientists’.
* Craftsman – Those who make no matter with what material. Their creations are often more than just pretty to look at. Stories of sculptures of dragons and wyverns coming to life are not unheard of.
* Blacksmith – Those who can craft the finest blades. Their metal is special, and possesses a distinct aura that distinguishes it from ordinary steel.

Other:

* Time Master – Somewhat close to mages, but their magic is much more powerful and ancient. Time is not a thing to be trifled with; these legendary people are hardly ever seen, and their existence is yet a mystery.

* Merchant – Those who can do rather… interesting things with gold. Their treasure is their power. Often exceptionally lucky at finding valuable objects and blessed with good fortune.

* Spell Fencer – Those who belong in neither the Warrior nor Mage classes, who can both wield a sword and cast spells—often at the same time.

* Charmer – Those who entrance men and beasts alike with their irresistible charisma. Can produce an aura that lures magic users to them almost magnetically.

* Jack-of-all-trade – Those who possess skills in every single area, neither weak nor strong in any of them. Sometimes simply called ‘Jacks’. Notorious for remarkable luck in gambling, though it isn’t clear how it relates to them or if magic is involved in this.

Races: You will encounter many people on your journey, not all of them human. You are, however, most certainly human. For now, that is…

You will meet with danger innumerable times, and you will even stare death straight in the face during this quest. It will unquestionably not be easy. But dangerous foes and wild beasts aren’t the only enemies you will face. There are still those who fear a coming plague of whatever befell the queen. Things are stirring, especially among the lower ranks. Rumors of a Windia-Aeon war are ridiculous, but becoming more insistent. And there might be more to the King than meets the eye…

Stats:

- Health: The amount of health points you have. Represents your endurance and stamina, and occasionally defense, if not wearing protective gear.
- Strength: Your physical strength. A warrior’s strong point, earned only through hard training.
- Speed: The swiftness of your movements. A well-placed, lightning-fast strike can sometimes end a battle before it even begins. Heavy armor or gear can hinder your speed.
- Agility: Speed and strength are not everything in a fight. See how well you can dodge and the grace with which you execute your movements. Often requires some level of flexibility. Definitely do not wear metal armor if this is your forte.
- Intellect: Not to be confounded with your level of intelligence. Intellect, among mages, is the force that fuels black magic. Most commonly described as the ability to draw out one’s inner fire to power spells and the sharpness—that is to say, potency—of one’s magic. ‘Stored’ in the mind.
- Spirit: The strength of spirit and will you possess. Also the ability to detect the subtle weavings of the fabric of magic. Fuels white magic. ‘Stored’ in the soul.
- Accuracy: How well you can aim, as well as from what distance you can hit your target.
- Skill: Your dexterity, the level of expertise you possess in your field, may it be music, art, or the handling of weapons.
- Charisma: Your natural charm, what draws people to you. May or may not incite them to follow you. Fuels charm magic, but it is always useful to have in everyday situations.

Rules

- The usual RP rules apply. No godmodding or bunnying other people's characters.
- Please post at least once a week. If you have other engagements and cannot post, then please warn me beforehand.
- Respect all other RP'ers. This goes without saying.
- If you have to drop out at some point, please tell me and we'll arrange for your character to 'disappear' without leaving any loose ends.
- This is a semi-chapter RP. You'll have the freedom to interact with whoever you want, but there will be certain guidelines to tell you what you can or cannot do, and what must be done in order to progress to the next chapter.
- For the sake of simplicity, stats and such won't be calculated. However, I left them here because I want you to know what powers what, and what effect different gear or equipment have.
- Please use this thread only for sign-ups and in-character posts. Discussion or questions should be posted in the OOC thread.
- I'll allow a maximum of 2 characters per player, and 7 players in total, not including myself.
- Have fun!

SU sheet

Spoiler : :
Name: No 'Bob' or 'John Smith' please. We're in a fantasy world after all. :D Of course, you don't have to have a weird, made-up name. Just nothing that sounds out of place.

Age: You have to be at least 14. You don't have much of a chance of survival if you're any younger than that. You can't be older than 25, either. This is because you're a young warrior, eager to embark on a dangerous quest for treasure and glory. XD Nah, in all seriousness, you'll see eventually why you can't be any older than that.

Class: For rather obvious reasons, you cannot be a Time Master, nor can you be a Dragonrider. Those are very special classes reserved exclusively to those who make it to the end of the RP. ;)

Appearance: Describe your character's appearance, including clothing that may come with your class. 1-2 paragraphs.

Personality: This is the most important section. Avoid any kind of Mary Sue or Gary Stu. Try to flesh out your character as much as possible. Also, would it make sense for your character, with their personality, to try their hand at the King's Quest? 1-2 paragraphs.

History: Nothing too big, because I don't want all your characters to have some kind of tragic background where all their family members died and they were always alone and blablabla. The adventure starts now. :D So just some general background: where they grew up, the environment they grew up in, their family, their social class, any important events (though try to avoid the kind of angsty stuff I mentioned earlier), etc. Remember that your character was born in and has always lived in Aelinthe. I won't give out the names of the Aelinthian cities, because you'll discover those as you go along in the RP, so if you must describe the city your character grew up in, try to be vague.

Equipment: Your character doesn't have platinum armor or a holy demon-slaying sword yet, but he/she can have an average knife or magic staff, anything necessary to their class. I want to keep this RPG-like feel, where you start off at level one and slowly get stronger and better equipment. Also include any important accessories.

Abilities: I'd like an explanation of how the character's powers work, related to their class, of course. Remember, they can't be too powerful right off the bat. But don't worry, there's plenty of time for him/her to become an apocalyptic warrior mage of doom later on. :awesome:

Stats: Like I said, I don't want exact numbers, I just want to know the character's strong and weak points.

Other: Anything else worth mentioning?

And yes, I will be participating in the RP, as well as being GM. :3 Let's hope I can handle it. XD My SU will be up shortly. Meanwhile, for any questions about the classes and their respective abilities, visit the OOC thread.

List of Players

- (GM) Wolf Speaker (Raen Kirschl)
- Detective Luke Atmey (Jack Engarde)
- Kruiser666 (Kami Moto)
- Drey Wilkins (Cayle Ryveron)
- Sami-Fire (Sasha Fyer)
- Blackrune (Alexandra Rukina)
- Topaz (Andreus Mark Shawe)
- GuardianDreamer (Antoinette "Annie" Sentina)
Last edited by Wolf Speaker on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:03 am, edited 10 times in total.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Re: RP: [ON/OFF]

Post by DLA »

Well, might as well be the first to sign up.
Name: Jack Engarde(NOT Matt! :XD: )

Class: Thief

Appearance: Jack wears a pirate hat, a red button down shirt, a black longcoat, and brown trousers. He has brown hair and a scar on his left cheek. The scar will be explained later.

Personality: Jack is a calculating individual, and very clever. He has a creepy feel to him, making a lot of people be scared of him. However, he uses this to his advantage, scaring people into not paying attention to their belongings. But when Jack is off the job, he is a very different person. He is a nice person who manages to make friends with most people, and enjoys reading as a pastime. He manages to do this by using his desire for treasure as a motivation to scare people.
He is dedicated to his job and carrying on his father's legacy.

History: Jack grew up in a medium sized house, with a father who was also a thief. His mother owned a shop, which is how the family got most of its money. The family did make enough money to sustain itself and afford a few luxuries. An important event in Jack's life include the day his father hauled in a rather large amount of treasure from his thefts. He mainly focuses on valuables, such as diamonds and gold, during thefts.

Equipment: A few throwing knives, a dagger, and a few books, along with a bag, to store these items and treasures he finds.

Abilities: Jack can throw knives, use his dagger, or use punches and kicks.

Stats: Jack has good health, okay strength, lots of speed, lots of agility, okay intellect, okay spirit, good accuracy, lots of skill, and lots of charisma.

Other: The scar was given to him by a wild cat of some sort.
Last edited by DLA on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

I may join... It actually depends if others join as well.

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Is an OOC thread really needed? Most RP's don't have one. We can talk in spoilers for OOC stuff after the RP begins. Speaking of which... how many characters can you have in this RP?
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
cooliodude
Spoken languages: English, French, Spanish

Post by cooliodude »

I like the idea of this RP. It kind of reminds me of a of D&D. I like D&D. Minimum of 1 post a week is pretty reasonable. I think I'll make a character soon.
In relation to GD's question I think you should fix a certain amount of people who could play this as it might get out of hand with a lot of people and all these choices, and stuff to keep track of, that you are giving us. I like the amount of choice btw. I have my own question... is the only race we can play as a human? If so, why? I think you should include other races other then a human if you want a fantasy RP. But that's just my opinion and suggestion.
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

~~Married to ZetaAzuel~~

Check out Cooliodude's Timeline for an awesome RPing experience.

Spicy lady farther down :D

I've always wanted to have some nice Yak butter tea with a nice steak with some toadstools and gravy on top

Creator of Mi Yung in Requiem of the Shadows
Creator of Yui Sung in The Haruhism game
Creator of Sawyer Wellington in Town of the Extraordinary
Creator of Gustovinik Smirkov in my RP, Shadow Brothers
Creator of John Rodney in my RP, Shadow Brothers
Creator of Miitock in my RP A Bloodline Crushed
Creator of Jean-Luc in the RP Endless Time

ImageImage
Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Coolio, it is stated in the OP that we are all human. Check it again.

cooliodude
Spoken languages: English, French, Spanish

Post by cooliodude »

I know I saw Drey I am just asking why can't we be a dwarf or an elf or something of the like other then a human.
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

~~Married to ZetaAzuel~~

Check out Cooliodude's Timeline for an awesome RPing experience.

Spicy lady farther down :D

I've always wanted to have some nice Yak butter tea with a nice steak with some toadstools and gravy on top

Creator of Mi Yung in Requiem of the Shadows
Creator of Yui Sung in The Haruhism game
Creator of Sawyer Wellington in Town of the Extraordinary
Creator of Gustovinik Smirkov in my RP, Shadow Brothers
Creator of John Rodney in my RP, Shadow Brothers
Creator of Miitock in my RP A Bloodline Crushed
Creator of Jean-Luc in the RP Endless Time

ImageImage
Wolf Speaker

Post by Wolf Speaker »

Guys...I specifically stated in the rules that this thread was only for sign-ups and IC posts. :( And believe me, an OOC thread is very, very necessary. Please ask your questions there.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Woolf speaker, if you think it is necessary because the RP tournament has an OOC Thread, then that isn't right. There are dozens of RP's on AAO, many of them bigger than this one, but none of them require an OOC Thread.

Sami-Fire
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sami-Fire »

[When in doubt, use your OOC brackets. This is something I know well. =w=

Anyway, I'm contemplating joining... look for a sign-up from me... eventually. Oh, yes, and do make rules for multiple characters! They tend to fly out when I get inspired.]
Here, there, back again. ahih=makyan;
Wolf Speaker

Post by Wolf Speaker »

@Detective Luke Atmey: I'd like you to add a bit more to your character's appearance. Perhaps you could be a little more specific about his clothes? Right now 'shirt', 'jacket', and 'pants' sound very vague. Remember, this is a fantasy world on clouds, he can wear the craziest things. :D And could you maybe explain a bit more about why his personality is so different when he's not out stealing? What does he think of stealing? And how dedicated is he to his job? Add a few things and you'll be accepted. :3
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
Kruiser666

Post by Kruiser666 »

Name: Kami Moto

Class: Swordsman (Samurai)

Appearance:Image

This picture is NOT Kami. Just showing the clothing he wears.
Kami wears a dark purple Kimono with a bright blue butterfly on the back and a pocket on the inside. His hair is black and comes down to his neck. Occasionally he ties it back into a ponytail. At the front of his hair he has tied a brown and white feather into his hair. Kami is 5.9 with blue eyes. Hears black slip on shoes.

History:
Kami was born and raised in Aelinthe. Though he only remembers little of his childhood. At a young age his parents sent to to a Temple, where he lived for many years. This temple was thought to had been a peaceful place where the kids could study and master the arts of language. This was wrong.

The kids were forbidden to leave or make outside conact with anyone. The master of the temple was an old man, dead to the soul man. His beliefs were that you only live to fight. Once you have met a worthy oppenent, you must fight them or die trying. To go down fighting a worthy oppenent was a gift, something to be proud of. Once you have died it was believed you will move onto another life.

Students were trained from the ages to 6-18. They learnt many fighting styles and a various weapon combat. As they grew older they were given the choice to train under the certain fighting style and weapon to master it. Kami choose the Samuria style weapon and fighting style.

When Kami turned 17 he asked "What if there is no worthy opponent left?" The temple's master lashed out at Kami, he told him that to have no worthy opponent was a sin, a sin to be feared. To this day Kami wants the meaning of what his master said.

Personality: Kami is quiet and tends to wipe away any emotion he is feeling and get the the task at hand. Kami trys to stay away from social experience and devotes a lot of his time training.

Kami rarley talks about his time in the temple and why he left.

Kami is trained to never submit to an opponent even if he knows he will die. Death to Kami was nothing to fear. Kami wants to gain the knowledge of what his Master told him. Kami's goal is to become the best, to have no worthy opponents left for him to fight. That is why Kami is going on the King's Quest.

Equipment: On Kami's belt he has two Katana's (Like shown is Picture above). These Katana's were his first, they were given to him when he choose the Samurai style. from the hilt of the blade Kami has started a tally chart of all wrothy opponents he has killed throughout his life time, it's current count is at 19.

Abilities: Kami is a trained killer in the Samurai why. He learnt everyting he knew from the temple and knows no other way in life but fighting. Kami would be classed as a high tier fighter, out of all the students he grew up with is out classed and out matched everyone including various teahers.

Stats:
Strength, Speed, Spirit, Skill and Intellect are his strongest points in combt. Although not very smart when it comes to general facts in combat Kami's intellect is very keen.

I think that's all! Hope you like it.
You guys should argue through PMs. You're just clouding this person's first RP with babling . People may be discourage to join if the entire first page is full of just arguements.
Last edited by Kruiser666 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
ASHES ARE KEY
Creator of Jax, Wild, The Mayor and Nina from RP:Endless Time.
Creator of Brooke Pearson and Markess Holloway from RP:Cold State.
Creator of Kerenth Miller from RP:Infinite Odyssey.
Creator of Kruiser666, Trigen and Chance from RP:Where Anything Goes.
User of Captain America and Sam Fisher in RP: Dimensional Chaos.
Wolf Speaker

Post by Wolf Speaker »

@Kruiser666: Your app looks good! Only thing is, be careful with grammar and punctuation. There's always a space after a comma. Also look out for typos. But anyway, you're accepted. ^-^
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
Drey Wilkins

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Okay then, My character:
Name: Cayle Ryveron

Class: Black Mage.

Appearance: Cayle wears a dark grey long-sleeved vest with a small amount of crimson trim around the hem and collar, Along with black long pants and boots to go with it. To compliment this fairly standard garb is a silver dagger hanging from his side, and black hair, completing the theme.
Cayle often wears black mage-robes to go with his ensemble, but removes it when doing casual activities in towns and cities, or may change his clothes entirely when travelling to places where Mages are not respected, discriminated against, to anything to that effect.
Tias.jpg
Tias.jpg (31.72 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
Personality: Cayle is cheerful and reasonably friendly, despite being nonetheless ambitious. He enjoys practicing his art, but is adverse to killing a fellow sentient creature, far more content to attack dangerous and mindless animals.
In combat with another person, Cayle will go to great lengths to avoid killing them, but will still try his best to win. Cayle's ambition, and a need to understand as much about the universe as he can, has led him to try and join the King's quest.

History: Cayle was born to a working class family in one of the more industrial cities of Aelinthe, where his father worked as a labourer, and his mother as a nurse to one of the richer families. At the age of eleven, Cayle's power for black magic emerged, prompting the local government to remove him from his family and send him to the capital, where he would be trained at the arcane university.
Cayle completed his training at the age of nineteen, and since has spent time visiting his family, travelling, doing small jobs, and trying to learn more about their world and the universe and the way they both work.

Equipment: Aside from his knife, Cayle has about two and a half dozen books on many subjects. Some of them are on magic, others on the field of knowledge he is so interested in, and many more are simply fiction books that he enjoys reading. His room at the university contains his staff, but Cayle has never felt that it gave him any advantage - he will most likely bring it for the quest though, as it conceals a secret blade - in case it is ever needed.

Abilities: Cayle has a good grasp of the art of black magic, but not much else. He can cast up to the lower-intermediate levels of most black magic spells, although with varying degrees of difficulty. Cayle has never used a sword, and prefers to keep it that way.

Stats:
- Health: Cayle is not a warrior, and hence does not have extremely high health. Average-Low.
- Strength: Born into a working class family, it would have been impossible for Cayle to not get reasonable upper body strength. Unfortunately, his years at the university has lowered his strength back to a less appreciable level. Average-Low.
- Speed: Being rather light, Cayle can move fast for short periods. This helps when fighting against another mage. Average-High.
- Agility: The extremely light exercise program for students at the university does nothing to help strength, however it did slightly improve Cayle's agility - not by much though. Average-Average-High.
- Intellect: Cayle's intellect is considerably large, allowing him to cast multiple taxing spells in succession. This has never really helped him with casting the more difficult ones. High.
- Spirit: Cayle's spirit is rather low, only slightly better than the average human. Hence, he cannot really do very much with it. Low.
- Accuracy: Cayle does not use a bow, and never has. He does not know how accurate he is in that area. However, as a mage he is highly accurate, having the benefit of access to the magical 'shooting range' at the university. Average-High.
- Skill: Having received a university training, Cayle's proficiency with black magic is reasonably high. If he had been discovered at a younger age he would have received enough training to become a master-black mage. High-Low.
- Charisma: Due to his friendliness, Cayle has quite high charisma. Of course, there are always those who simply do not like him. High.
Last edited by Drey Wilkins on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sami-Fire

Post by Sami-Fire »

Spoiler : App and some questions :
Shoot, I forgot to ask. Is there any kind of limitation on strange hair/eye colors? I've designed my character on the safe side to be sure. Also, I want to know your stance on multiple characters because I have another one in the works. Oh, also, what about a Dancer class? Alternately, my dancer character- should I be allowed to make her- could be a subset of Fighter, Dance Battler-style. Oh, also also, what say you about multi-classing (like a fighter character with mild elementalist abilities or something)? Just thought I'd ask/put these things out there.

Name: Sasha Fyer

Class: Elementalist- chiefly specializes in Fire element magic. She's pretty good at sculpting it into entertaining and occasionally destructive shapes.

Appearance: Sasha is a short young woman (roughly 4' 7") with long, brown hair and bangs coming down over her forehead. Her eyes are a rather striking blue in color. She is a bit curvy in build. Her mage robes are white with red trim with a red undershirt, custom made through some of her father's connections. Her leggings under the robes are black and her boots (ankle-length) are white (but quite muddy on the bottom).

Here's a sprite to help illustrate her appearance a bit. [Pretend her eyes are blue, however, according to the above description, unless red eyes are allowed, in which case I'll patch things a bit.] Image

Personality: Sasha is bright, bubbly, and inquisitive, imbued with a thirst and curiosity for knowledge and exploration. However, she is a tad airheaded, tending not to take much responsibility for her actions and sometimes being unaware of what some of her further-flung friends really think of her. Since she travels often, she tends to call nearly everyone she meets in these faraway places her "friends," even if said friends know her only as "that weird girl who passes by every so often." She likes to record information on all the people she meets in a little book, saying that she is recording their stories. This pastime of hers makes her something of an amateur historian, seeking out people and events of interest and writing about them (and hopefully someday her writing will be published). She nearly jumped at the call for the King's Quest, seeing it as an opportunity to gather "the best set of stories yet." She might be just a tad too excited to meet new people and witness the events to come...

On a side note, magic and writing seem to be the only things she's really good at, and while most of the time this isn't something she acknowledges, that lurking uselessness hides somewhere in the shadows of her mind.

History: Sasha grew up in a family of traveling merchants whose lifestyle influenced her current habits. She's quite well-traveled due to this upbringing and knows about quite a few places in Aelinthe. Her father, the chief merchant, experienced some moderate success, leaving him with some spare coin to spoil his daughter a bit with and pay to have her tutored in the magic she wanted to learn so badly. It also helped that there was a magic tutor who saw great potential in her, and so that tutor took her in for a time and helped her turn her desires into reality.

Equipment: You'd think that a merchant's daughter would have some better equipment, but it seems Sasha overlooked the possibility of asking her father for said equipment. She doesn't really have much that's special aside from her mage's robes and a rather large backpack that is packed with necessities for a long trip, along with some magic tomes needed for more difficult spells or ones of elements that aren't fire (see, Sasha has had a bit of difficulty with the other elements thus far).

Abilities: She's really, really good with her element of choice: fire. However, she still relies on tomes for her other elements, and no one is quite sure if that's due to a shortcoming in her tutor or a lack of innate affinity for the elements in Sasha herself.

Stats:

- Health: She's a mage and therefore kind of inherently squishy. Low health.
- Strength: Again, she's a mage, so strength can't really be expected out of her. Low strength.
- Speed: She is, however, actually fairly speedy, since she has very little to encumber her aside from her backpack. She can fire off her spells quickly. Average-high speed.
- Agility: Similar situation to speed. Her height also helps her dodge quite well. Average-high agility.
- Intellect: (Good thing this doesn't measure intelligence, Sasha! Ha, ha!) Now here's where Sasha's true talent shines. She has GREAT magic power resting within her. Her tutor specifically picked her out due to the sheer amount of that "inner fire" he detected for black magic. She can sharpen that fire quite well as well, leading to her great magical prowess. High Intellect.
- Spirit: She has a strong will and spirit, but she doesn't quite have a good affinity for white magic. However, what she has is enough to help her navigate and detect the weavings of magic in the world, so she's rather well off in this aspect. High Spirit (but not quite as high as her intellect).
- Accuracy: She can aim decently. After all, mages are made to lance things from the back lines, so they need some accuracy. However, she tends to focus more on doing fancy things with her flames (like shaping them into dragons), so her precision suffers a bit. Average accuracy.
- Skill: She is quite skilled with fire magic, but could really use some help diversifying the amount of elements she can use without tomes. Average-high skill.
- Charisma: Now THIS is a tricky one. She thinks she's a good talker and negotiator (and some do consider her brightness charming), but whether she is depends on the person. ...Variable Charisma? Average-High? We might need to see her in action for that one.

Other: It sounds like it might be possible for her to gain affinities in those elements she's lacking as the RP goes on.
Here, there, back again. ahih=makyan;