The 1st Annual AAO RP Tournament - Round 2 - Arena B

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

ShadowEdgeworth
Spoken languages: English

The 1st Annual AAO RP Tournament - Round 2 - Arena B

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

Welcome to Arena B, the Arena of Powers, Dreams and Brawls. This is where 6 of the 13 battles will be held, simultaneously with Arena B's 6. 

NOW FOR THE RULES!

1. No God-Modding. Any god-modding will result in a penalty. These will carry over to each of the matches you participate in. If you receive 3 penalties throughout the tournament, you will be disqualified.

2. There will be a 10-page limit on each battle. That's 150 posts, including commentary. If by 10 pages, a clear victory hasn't been made, myself, Shadowsleuth and the other commentators will assume the role of Judges. We will score each combatant and come to a majority decision on the victor.

3. 5 Days without posting = Instant Disqualification. This is to prevent any slowness or inactivity in the battles. However, if you tell me that there will be some problems beforehand, we can arrange something. :)

4. Ammunition is not unlimited. All gun-wielders are restricted to 4 clips of ammo per battle for their respective weapons.

5. No Super Forms! Let's keep this fair, shall we? This may change during the final and only the final.

6 If you're first, do NOT attack immediately. If you're the first person to post in a battle, do not attack your opponent straight away. Give him/her a chance to introduce themselves first.

7. But most of all fun! :)

Terrain

There will be 3 different holographic terrains in each Arena, all based on iconic areas from other popular Roleplays. Each may have their own environmental terror.

For Arena B, we have:

Town Plaza (Crossover Central, Light/Ground)
Alaska Military Base (Final Warfare, Darkness/Military/Interior)
Enclosed Space (The Haruhism Game, Darkness/Dimension)

These matches will be held here in the following order!

Round 1

1. Mark Dawn VS Generic/Nakota WINNER: Generic/Nakota
2. Onic VS Young Glitch  Winner: Young Glitch
3. Samuel Fields VS Porcus Winner: Samuel Fields
4.Moshi Maida VS Kana Saito  Winner: Kana Saito
5. Drey Wilkins VS Dubsy Winner: Drey Wilkins
6. James Wildfire VS Vincent Colren Winner: Vincent Colren

Round 2

5 - Kana Saito VS Young Glitch
6 - Kazooie VS Wild
7 - Malone Desiren VS Norman Jayden

Enjoy the battles. ;)
Last edited by ShadowEdgeworth on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
ShadowEdgeworth

Re: The 1st Annual AAO RP Tournament - Arena B

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

Today's First B Match!

Today, ladies and gentlemen, we will begin the main parts of the tournament! Round 1! Now these fighters will wow you with their moves, powers and abilities. to show you how it's really done.

Firstly, allow me to introduce you to the commentators of today's Arena B match. 

Spider-Man - he's Amazing, Spectacular, but not the least bit annoying.

Saburo - Nice guy, by demeanour, Deadpan by snarker.  

Usami Masamune - She has a love for fighting, so you better be pleasing her.

Now for today's fighters...

I bring you now, to the dual-sided men of mystery... In the body of ONE! So... prepare to meet Zachary Generic & Wilson Nakota!!

And to, who better to duel him than one who cares not for such mystery... A master katana combatant! It is... Mark Dawn!

Now, the terrain for this fight shall be the GLaDOS' chamber. Without the GLaDOs. But make use of the portals at either side of the room! So, when both fighters are ready, you may begin the battle. Once more that's...

ZACHARY GENERIC & WILSON NAKOTA!!

VS

MARK DAWN!!

Begin!

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Wilson walked into the Arena, stretching one arm over his head in a mock warm-up. Stopping across the room from his combatant, he looked up around him, observing the room itself. It was large, metallic, and naturally not a natural occurrence. There seemed to be bits and pieces of machinery in even the walls themselves as if the room was designed to change however it saw fit. Behind him, he noticed a blue... thing on the wall. Or lack thereof. It seemed to be a hole in the wall that opened up into another room that looked oddly like the room they were in and even had two people that looked just like Zak and Mark in there. On the opposite side of the room, behind Mark, was an orange thing that looked incredibly similar, with another room behind it.

"Seems like some sort of... loop." Wilson said, explaining things as he saw it to Zak. "As if we could go into one of those openings and come out of the other one. I can't see that at all being useful unless one of us has a ranged weapon like a firearm or something. Mark said that he had bought the katana on a whim so I wouldn't expect any formal training but he managed to not be eaten by zombies so I guess he's at least competent with the thing. Oh, thanks, Wilson. Wherever would I be without your flawless perception? Probably dead. Again. Point taken.

"I got the chat with him earlier so why don't you take the lead on this? Ya sure? Be my guest, you always have such a happy way of starting off these fights. Just tell me if you need anything." Suddenly, the body changed stance. It started to lean back a bit into a sort of slouch and lose a lot of it's dignified grace. Shouting across the room, Zak explained. "What's up, Mark?" He smiled as he started at a brisk walk towards him. "Wilson's letting me handle this fight for the time being so you only have to deal with me for now. If things start to go downhill, I'll probably pull him out, though, so don't get cocky." Zak let out a bit of a laugh as he said it. As he approached Mark, he held out a hand in an offer for a handshake. As the green eye in his head looked Mark straight in the eye, the brown eye was seemingly looking everywhere but, observing every factor of the room itself. "Be a good sport and shake my hand. You said no hard feelings or grudges or whatever so I guess I'm sorry in advance if we end up killin' ya."
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Mark took a deep breath, getting ready for the fight. So, this was it. Life or death. Sink or swim. Even though he only knew his opponent for a short while, he had the feeling that this would be a rather difficult fight to win. Not impossible, but he felt like the odds were against him. He didn't want to kill his opponent, but if worst came to worst, he might have to... he didn't want to think about that though. That was when Mark noticed that Zak was offering a handshake.

To say that Mark was confused by the offer for a handshake would be an understatement. Thankfully, he recovered pretty quickly. But what should he do? He thought about what his sister would say at a time like this... naturally, it was a trap. And honestly, it was probably smart of Zak to try to do that. Maybe the Mark from before the outbreak would have accepted it without any hesitation. But right now, Mark knew that he could easily be killed by not being cautious enough. The thought of quickly charging at Zak with his katana, or shooting him in the head with his revolver passed by Mark's head, but he quickly shook it off. He noticed the Zak and Wilson's eyes were more or less going crazy. Was that some kind of sign? He decided he might as well respond.

"Sorry, I'd rather not... call it paranoia. But this is a fight between warriors, right? So no matter what happens, let's make it one hell of a fight. So get ready for anything, and hold nothing back. I'll do the same thing. That's what a true fight between warriors should be, right?" Mark said. As he said this, he actually began smiling, and his eyes seemed more focused. The look of a spirited competitor who was determined to do their best and accomplish their goals. In contrast to the nervous person he had been in the arena, Mark resembled his old self quite a bit now, seeming very energetic and eager for a fight. He thought about whether or not to give the first blow. Maybe he should. Still, perhaps Zak wanted to say something else? It was strange how civil they were being right before a fight. He had to wonder if the commentators found it strange.

With that, Mark unsheathed his katana, getting into a defensive stance. He waited for Zak to say something, or to make the first move.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

"Looks like our fighters are getting pumped," Saburo announced, comfy in the Commentator's box above the arena. "I can practically taste the energy in the air!"

He grinned and looked down at the two fighters.

"Alright, looks like Mark is playing it safe. I'd expect that from a guy who fights zombies." He said with a smirk, "Hm, so we have Wilson and Zak with their rapier, and Mark with his katana. Interesting choices. Personally, I'd go with one of those laser-swords that are all the rage these days, but I digress."
Mark Dawn wrote: With that, Mark unsheathed his katana, getting into a defensive stance. He waited for Zak to say something, or to make the first move.
"Oh, wait," Saburo muttered, "I think I'm supposed to put some music on for this..."

He quickly plugged his iPad into the speaker system, and selected the battle theme for Mark VS. Zak/Wilson.

NOW PLAYING: "Dancing Swords - Mark Dawn VS Zak Generic/Wilson Nakota"

"There we go," He said, "Have fun, fellows!"

With that, he took a sip from the raspberry soda he'd swiped from Akira's backpack and laid back in his chair, watching the fight below with a lazy smirk.

"Hm," He murmured to himself, "Not bad. Maybe that kid was onto something."
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Zak listened to the commentator as the music began playing. It was fast paced and energizing, perfect for an arena fight. Mark had drawn his katana and declined the handshake. "What, you don't trust me?" Zak sighed. "I wasn't gonna do anything but, fine. Be a sore sport all you want. It will just make it easier to watch you die in the end, I suppose." Backpedaling a distance away from Mark, Zak unhooked the rapier from his waist, holding it horizontally in front of him. A slow inhale followed by a sharp inhale were the only sound to arise from his body and the sound of metal sliding on metal rang outwards, freeing the fine blade from its sheath. Kneeling down, Zak placed the blade part on the ground at the very edge of the arena, leaving the scabbard in his hands.

Holding the blunt instrument in his two hands, pointing outwards towards Mark, Zak's face turned steely in focus. The weapon in his hands had a wooden outside, chips and cuts could be seen up and down it, showing a thick layer of metal underneath. It wobbled a bit in Zak's hands, as he judged the weight solely as a reassurance. This was his weapon. "Are we ready, Wilson? I'm not fighting yet, this is your job. I'll just be here on the sidelines, cheering you on until you need me. So be it."

His eye went straight back up, focusing on Mark across the room. "Well, I'm as ready as I'll ever be, so I hope you're ready, Mark. Ready to die, that is." He whispered to himself, under his breath. As if a gunshot had gone off in his head, sounding off the start of the battle, his knees bent and immediately straightened back out, propelling him towards his opponent. "Let's see what you're made of! I'm a lot more battleworthy than a zombie, I'm sure you'll find!" Approaching Mark rapidly, Zak leapt into the air, increasing his height briefly with a flap of his wings before descending down on his opponent. His left hand released its grip on the scabbard as his right hand brought it down swiftly towards his opponent's head.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
Just call me Ike.
GuardianDreamer

Mark quickly thought about what to do. What he found strange was that Zak had chosen to actually try to jump in order to attack him. Perhaps Mark was wrong, but usually, jumping high like that in an attempt to strike the opponent was begging to get defeated quickly. Jumping usually left someone vulnerable, after all. Still, he didn't know what to expect from his opponent, and he could easily have some sort of plan that he didn't know about. His options were to counter-hit, dodge, or defend. He wasn't sure how strong Zak was, but given that he had Wilson with him, Mark imagined that he was probably rather strong. A block would be risky, then. Dodging was by far the safest option, but would Mark get an opportunity like this again? This could be his chance to severely damage his opponent.

With that in mind, Mark decided that dodging and counter-hitting was probably the best option. He thought about trying to run and grab the sword that Zak had left behind, but he wasn't sure if he'd be able to make it... not to mention it'd be awkward trying to fight while carrying a sword he wasn't used to. Well, this was probably going to be dangerous... then again, it wasn't like this was the first stupid thing Mark had ever done. The thought of just pointing his sword and trying to impale Zak also ran through his mind, but that would be too dangerous, even for him.

"Don't expect me to go down without a fight!" Mark said. Saying that, he quickly took a few steps to the side, which would, at the very least, make him avoid Zak's direct attack. He tried to slash at the side of Zak's torso as he came down. It ran through his head that he'd probably be left wide open from this... but it was too late to change his mind now.
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

As Mark sidestepped the swing, Zak's descent was too powerful to stop on a whim. Landing down, the swing of his scabbard slowed to a stop before tapping into the ground lightly. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Mark begin a horizontal swing. Luckily for the teenage boy, his momentum caused him to curl up his body as he landed on the ground, forcing him into a duck as the katana safely passed over his head. Quickly straightening back up, Zak whipped around to face Mark as he reached the final stages of his swing.

Pointing the scabbard at Mark in preparation of any other moves, Zak took the opportunity to gloat about the lucky miss. "You're gonna have to aim better than that." Zak grinned. "I saw that coming from a mile away." Not that he actually did or anything. "With attacks as predictable as that, I may as well be fighting a wooden post."
Just call me Ike.
GuardianDreamer

Mark was slightly discouraged by the miss, but he was glad that Zak hadn't decided to immediately charge at him again. Still, he seemed prepared for just anything that Mark could throw at him. Mark briefly considered trying to use the portals that were in the arena... still, he wasn't sure if he'd be able to get to one quickly enough. Mark was pretty fast, but Zak seemed to be just as fast, or even faster. Mark realized that he'd probably have to use his revolver, which was still hidden in his pocket... not yet though. When he least expected it. He'd get a single surprise shot, and he would have to make it count. It was too early for that.

"Oh, really? So... are you saying you only fight wooden posts? That explains so much." Mark replied. He wasn't used to trash-talking, but he decided that he might as well give it a try. With that said, Mark focused once more. He circled around Zak for a while, his katana ready for anything. After a few moments, he directly charged at Zak. He intended to try and pierce Zak's right arm.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Slowly, Zak turned with Mark's motions, watching him circle around Zak. Mark made a rather crafty comeback to Zak's jab that Zak let out a quick snort at. "You could call a lot of the stupid people I get to fight wooden posts, I guess." Suddenly, Mark made a sudden charge at Zak, with a full-on stab towards somewhere on the right side if Zak's body. Instinct kicked in for a slight second as Zak started leaning back, thinking to cushion the blow like you might cushion a punch by rolling with it. The action caused the blade to slide just barely past his right arm. Taking advantage of the slight opening, Zak's left hand came across his body and grabbed the blade's flat between his finger tips.

"Tsk, tsk." Zak shook his head. "If Wilson were in control right now, he'd have probably skewered you with a move leavening such a wide opening." Using his grip, Zak pulled the katana away from right side, dragging it to his left. At this point, Zak's right hand was completely free of any encumberment and left a wide opening on Mark's left side. Quickly, Zak swung the scabbard towards Mark's legs with a rather weak swipe. "It'd be a pity if you were to break something so soon on, after all."
Just call me Ike.
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Usami was already into the fight, even though it had barely got off it's feet.

"This looks like it's gonna be a great fight, guys. I can tell."

She observed their movements and techniques, and could see that Zachary and Wilson had a slight advantage at this point.

"It seems that Mark is unlucky right now, as Zachary and Wilson seem to have him in a good position for a strike. Will Mark make a good comeback and get out of this situation without injury..?"
GuardianDreamer

Well... it wasn't like Mark could really have expected much better. It was pretty clear... even though he was pretty good with his katana, Zak was the superior swordfighter. Fighting a direct fight would be fighting a losing battle. Mark would need to be smart about what he was doing in order to survive. Either through clever use of his revolver, or by using those portals... maybe both? Mark resisted the urge to let out a yell in pain as Zak's scabbard hit his legs. To say it stung would be like saying that the ocean was wet. He tried to ignore the pain, and instead focused on retrieving his katana. With a strong pull, he was able to take it away from Zak. He backstepped a bit, trying to get just a bit of distance between them. His legs still hurt, but he did his best to ignore it. Maybe he'd have to use his revolver sooner than he thought...

Thinking that, Mark did something risky. More specifically, he carried his katana with only his left hand, and spun around, heading towards Zak. Multiple spinning slashes... it probably seemed easy to dodge. In the middle of this, Mark switched to his right hand. It took quite a bit of effort, but he quickly reached into his pocket with his left hand, and took out his revolver. With the way he was doing things, going for a headshot would be ridiculously impractical. Sure, it would probably kill Zak or at least severely damage him, but there was no way he'd actually be able to make the shot. So instead, as Mark was still spinning towards Zak with his katana, he aimed his revolver at Zak's torso and fired.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Zak let out a bit of a cackle as he blocked each attempt at striking him with the katana, allowing the blade to glance off his scabbard without having to cease any of the swings. Things were looking up for Zak. Each swing left a bigger time window to toss in a counter attack and completely wreck Mark's momentum. And then Zak heard a gunshot. As if on a delay, pain started to swell up in his gut as his mind slowly tried to register what was happening. Primal instincts and rage started to kick in but felt eerily suppressed as if something was stopping him from being able to be overtaken by the rage inside him. With a roar of fury, he kicked outwards, nailing Mark dead in the gut and lobbing him backwards a short distance.

"What the f***, Mark!" Zak screamed, a hand clenching his stomach. The brown eye in his head was frantically looking around. "What happened, Zak? He had a goddamn gun! A revolver in his pocket or something like that. That's unfortunate. UNFORTUNATE!? HE SHOT ME. GOD IT HURTS. Just calm down, Zak. You don't want to let your rage consume you. NOT LIKE IT COULD. I don't know WHAT it is, but it's, like, something is stopping it from rising. I guess we should be happy about that. THERE'S NOTHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT, WILSON. I AM BLEEDING OUT OF MY STOMACH. Just calm down, it's alright. Does it feel like it could be lethal? No, not in particular. Here, I'll take over the area around the wound and sponge the pain off you. Think you can still fight? Oh, I can fight, and I'm gonna make it f***ing hurt."

Snapping from his outburst, Zak locked directly onto Mark. "I'm gonna make it hurt a f***ing lot." Zak started walking towards Mark, the malice in his motions clearly apparent.
Just call me Ike.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

"Oh, nasty!" Saburo let out a chuckle. "I'd make a comment about how 'gutless' that was, but that would probably be in poor taste."

He smiled. This was getting pretty good. Compared to the War, this was all child's play, anyways.

Taking another chug from his drink, Saburo returned his gaze to the field.

"That's what you get for not paying attention, Mr. Generic... Or was it Wilson? Which one of you was the worse fighter?"
GuardianDreamer

Mark had mixed feelings about what had just happened. Just Zak's kick was enough to make Mark give a short yell in pain. He thought about the situation that he was in. He was fighting against a swordsman who was superior to him. Making him angry might not have been the smartest idea. Still, it was either this, or hoping that Zak would somehow drop his guard so much that Mark could kill him in a single headshot. For obvious reasons, that was rather unlikely to happen. Well, he had made his decision. Now he just had to see where it would lead. While Mark was glad that he had managed to injure his opponent, he quickly realized that Zak was probably going to stop playing around, and start attacking him pretty fiercely.

"Well... crap." Mark stated simply. He could feel himself sweating, and he was shaking somewhat. What would be the best move now? Just directly trying to shoot Zak again would probably just result in Zak dodging, considering Mark no longer had the element of surprise on his side. Running... well, Mark could run quickly enough, and he had plenty of endurance, but Zak seemed pretty furious. Mark had no doubt that Zak would be able to outlast him. And that was assuming Zak didn't immediately manage to catch up with him. Trying to directly charge at Zak would be borderline suicide.

It was still probably a bad move, but Mark got into a defensive stance... sort of. It was enough to defend himself, but it was more appropriate for trying to dodge. He imagined that his defenses would probably be broken easily, considering Zak's rage.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here