RP: The Nonary Incident 2 (9/9)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

RP: The Nonary Incident 2 (9/9)

Post by TKinhonipei »

The Nonary Incident 2

[Updated August 29th: "Updated History" PMs will be sent soon...!]

(Kudos to SuperGanondorf for the format of this thread!)

---------------------------------------------------------
In everyone's life, there come many opportunities. Opportunities of all types. Job opportunities, moneymaking opportunities, opportunities to be successful. Yet, there is one type of opportunity that is more common than any other, and yet one which human nature avoids more successfully than any other...

The opportunity to die.

There are many, many ways one can die, and everyone is exposed to thousands of these ways every minute of every day. We manage to avoid them, without even thinking. We survive each day, never contemplating how likely it is that it may be our last.

But what if you were thrust into a situation where death was an ever-present danger? Where death is everywhere and everything? Where your only desire, your only instinct, is to escape the hell you've been thrust into?
"Welcome to the Nonary Game. It is a game... Where you will put your life on the line."
~~~~~

Welcome to this RP, The Nonary Incident 2, based off of the video game 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. In this roleplay, players will participate in the Nonary Game, a twisted game where death is ever-present and danger is always afoot. Those who have played 999 will be well familiar with it, but no prior knowledge of the game is required to participate. All information that must be known by the players will be given. Now to signups:

- After your character has been accepted by me, post in this topic saying that you have been accepted so people who do wish to sign up can keep track of how many there are. Do NOT put any of your app information in this post, INCLUDING YOUR CHARACTER'S NAME.
Spoiler : Stuff I will be using in the future. :
Numbers and code names are as follows. These will be what each character will be known as for the time being:

1- Codename: Username
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-

Anyway, sorry for the kind of lame OP but there's really not much to say. Have fun escaping your little cells. Remember, from this point on ALL OOC speech must be in spoilers. Also, remember, private conversations that others are not supposed to hear/know about should be confined to PMs but I MUST be included in said PMs if only to make sure I am informed of all happenings. Now roleplay yourselves out of your little cells as a way of introducing your characters. Remember to use your codenames (for identity purposes, though technically the players haven't thought of them yet).

You come home at last from a long day. You're tired, and you really could use some rest. You step up to your door and take out your key. You step inside, breathe in the cool air billowing from your air conditioning. You go upstairs, change, and slip into bed. Soon visions of your friends and family fill your mind as you escape into slumber.

Suddenly, you wake up with a start. Where are you? You look around the room. As the last remnants of sleep clear your mind, you remember an odd voice from... somewhere.

"Welcome, friend. Consider yourself lucky. You have been chosen to compete. Welcome... to the Nonary Game. It is a game... where you will put your life on the line."

Just a heads up, when you all escape your little cells you'll all meet up in a big room that has 2 doors. There are no windows, and the other doors are the rooms that the other people have come out of. Have a ball meeting each other.

MUST EDIT THIS POST

Suddenly, a loud booming noise filled the room. The room began to lurch and shake violently. Concrete dust fell from the ceiling in chunks. It felt as if the entire room was about to collapse. Then, out of nowhere, a pair of sliding doors opened in the wall where there had seemingly been no doors before. Everyone quickly rushed through the door...

And they found themselves standing outdoors. A row of buildings stretched off to either side of them, framed against the dark clouds moving in overhead, all of them with metal sheets over the doors and windows. All except for two, however. Off to their left, they quickly spotted a building door marked "6" and on their right, one marked "3". Straight ahead of them was an alley, but it was blocked by a heavy metal gate. Far off in the background, they could just make out the glowing face of a clock tower in the distance.

The shaking grew even more violent. It was all they could do to stay on their feet. Then, right before their eyes, the building they had been in moments before folded in on itself and began to implode. As they watched, the ceiling collapsed on the rest of the building, the walls folded in, and before they knew it only a crater stood before them. The shaking and rumbling slowly died down until it was gone altogether.

Then, another noise filled their ears, one even more unexpected- laughing. They all looked around for the source.

There, on the balcony of the building just to their left, was a man. But it wasn't just any man. He wore a stylish top hat, dressed in a suit indicative of great wealth complete with dainty white gloves, and leaned slightly on a walking stick encrusted with jewels. Long black hair billowed out from under his top hat. Perhaps the strangest feature about him, however, was the silver, all-concealing mask he wore over his face. It looked almost cruel, as though it were laughing at them, taunting them, mocking them, for his identity was concealed behind less than a single inch of metal.

"Sorry to do that to you, friends," he said. He was talking in a perfectly normal tone, but it was clear his voice was being amplified somehow, though none of them could figure out how. "I'm afraid that building was never very stable anyway. That was my way of saying hello."

He laughed, a cold, cruel sound, and continued. "I suppose you're wondering why you're here, or even where exactly 'here' is. I'd tell you, but really, where is the fun in that? I will divulge that you are indeed in the desert, and that a nasty sandstorm is brewing just outside the enormous city walls I've erected for the purpose of protecting the city from the sandstorm. However, that protection will only do much good. You see, friends, I have brought you here to play a little game. It is called the Nonary Game. As you can plainly see, there are precisely 9 of you. I'm sure you see the numbered doors, correct? Only a group whose digital root adds up to that number can go through the door. However, only three to five people can go through a given door at any time. Now, look down at your left wrists. Every one of you has a bracelet with a number on it. Inside that is a detonator. If you break any of the rules, the tiny bomb I have planted inside each and every one of you shall detonate. I assure you, it won't be pretty."

He shook his head, laughing some more. "There are only two ways out of this city of ruin: Death and escape. I'm sure a few of you will go with the former. For the rest of you, you must seek the door that carries a 9. That will be your escape."

He eyed them all, one by one. "There is a catch, however. Of course there is, in a game like this. You have exactly 9 hours to escape. You saw the building that was behind you only moments ago, yes? It sank into one of the underground caverns this city was inadvertently built upon. This entire city is rigged up to the absolute limit with timed explosives. They are set to go off instantly in 9 hours, taking this entire city down into the caverns with them. You can try your chances but I assure you, none of you will survive. And don't even try to tamper with any explosives you see around, or your bracelets for that matter- it will be your last act, I assure you."

"And now," he said, reaching into one of his jacket pockets, "I must be leaving. Take heed of what I said, though- this game will run itself. I could leave the city, if I wanted to. But I think I'll stay a little longer. And," he added, looking down at the angry faces, "don't you DARE try anything from down there." From his pocket he drew a long, golden object. A revolver. And it seemed to be crafted from pure gold. How odd...

"I assure you, this works as well as any gun you've ever seen. Tamper with me and the reward will be a bullet in the chest- and I have a generous ammunition supply."

He placed it back into his coat pocket and withdrew a piece of paper, folded into pieces. He let it fall from his hand, down to the earth below. It landed right at the feet of Eve. He turned, as if to go through the door of the building, but then he paused and turned.

"I must bid you adieu, now. Have a great time. Oh, and it has become a tradition in the Nonary Game to call the master of the game Zero. I find that to be silly. I shall be known as... Void. And now, farewell."

And with the sound of a single gunshot fired somewhere into the air, he was gone. Immediately upon his disappearance, they heard a noise coming from deep within the city. It took them a moment to realize it was coming from the clock tower in the distance. It chimed 9 times and was silent.
Last edited by TKinhonipei on Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:09 am, edited 20 times in total.
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
layton195
Spoken languages: English, obviously

Re: RP: The Nonary Incident 2 (Sign-ups!)

Post by layton195 »

Spoiler : :
Character Name: Andy Phelps
Appearance: Sandy blonde hair, a white shirt with red stripes, a dark blue leather jacket, black pants, and black sneakers
Personality: Andy is laid back, yet he does find his way into trouble. He keeps his cool at times and he has a good sense of humor and is always sarcastic when he in danger.
Backstory: Andy usually doesn't talk about his past life as a Private Investigator, for it would always bring bad memories.
Last edited by layton195 on Mon May 07, 2012 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Can Neil Patrick Harris get any more awesome?
___
___
Persona 4 Arena x Persona 4 Arena is best pairing.
___
Memes so far: 1
X? Thank/Blame Y.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

I have been accepted. Also, layton, I'm pretty sure it says in the OP that you're not supposed to post app information.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Trybien
Spoken languages: English

Post by Trybien »

I'm not sure if we are suppose to say if we've been accepted, but this is not going anywhere, so I'll admit my acceptance.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
TKinhonipei

Post by TKinhonipei »

Two more spots left until this starts! People, request others to join! :XD:

BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

BUMP! So wait, when is this starting? Or are we still waiting for one more person?
The Final but not so ending chapter.
TKinhonipei

Post by TKinhonipei »

Still waiting, lol. *sob*

Reyson

Post by Reyson »

I was accepted~

Edit: Bumpasaurus.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Spoiler : Yup :
I've been accepted!

We can finally start this off :D
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Spoiler : Ha ha! :
The fun has doubled!
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Re: RP: The Nonary Incident 2: Starting August 14th!

Post by Broocevelt »

I just noticed this starts on August the 14th. Even though I'm inactive everywhere else, I'll post in the thread for the sake of not ending up cancelling or putting on hold something else. My dad is coming here too in mid-august so I may not be as active as I wish I could be.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Oh finally! Yes!
Nyhmthetim

Post by Nyhmthetim »

Wtf?! Didn't I sign up for this BEFORE Danielinhoni?!
TKinhonipei

Post by TKinhonipei »

Sorry that I was unable to message you saying that there was no more room.

He did in fact talk to me about this RP quite a while back and so I had that spot reserved for him. Sorry!

Nyhmthetim

Post by Nyhmthetim »

Sorry's not good enough!
*murders everyone here*
But seriously, I really want to kill someone.