RP: Oblivion Industries Redux (Welcoming Players!)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: RP: Oblivion Industries Redux (Welcoming Players!)

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : :
Sorry, this would have been up earlier today if my laptop didn't hate this site all of a sudden. xP
"Dang it! COWARD!" Eve coughed as the smoke bomb let up a little. Huge clouds of smoke puffed from Eve's arm as Gerard escaped her. She was so close to getting him...

"Sorry I was late, I needed to reload my pistols. Who was that guy?"

Eve turned to Katrina. "Oh, hey Katrina. That guy was the one who ransacked us for supplies...and now he's freaking escaped!" Eve shot a few rounds at the dummy Gerard hid behind in frustration, her teeth clenched. "But whatever! We have a lot of repairs to do and a lot of supplies to replace...Come on, everybody, we have to put off the attack on the Troopies and go restock."
------------------------------------------
OBLIS TROOPS BASE
------------------------------------------
Cole received the report on the attack. They succesfully took out a good chunk of supplies, but it seemed that they threw stealth to the wind and just blew everything up. Again. Defending a company that blew people up would be tough for the president...Cole sighed. He turned the page to look at the casualties. He went wide-eyed. The Inquisitor had been found dead, and it seemed he missed the funeral. Cole hated to admit it, but he would sorta miss scolding the bot for his actions, though it'd be nice to have one less maniac blowing stuff up. The next casualty was Animatricky. He exploded. Not much of a shocker, really, given his tendency with grenades...

It seemed Gerard was the only one with a specific duty to actually survive the attack. Figures that no matter how well they do, they still couldn't live through it. Cole sighed again, and got up, figuring he could go congratulate Gerard or something on a job well done.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

"Repairs, huh? Tell me what you need fixed." Katrina said. An intruder. This would be something to remember on a later mission.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

"Well, we lost some weapons and food, for one...but I think that fifty percent of the base's walls are sorta GONE, so I think that could be a good place to start."
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Holhol
Spoken languages: English

Post by Holhol »

Would someone like to help me start off on a first post? I'm... stuck. :|
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

I have a Troop character named Cole Trainor. He's a good person to start talking to, since he's just standing there looking at reports right now in the base.

DLA

Post by DLA »

You could interact with Gerard. All he's doing right now is sleeping.
"Alright, I'm on it. Do we know who this guy is, so we can look out for him next time? A name or a description?" Katrina said. She went over to one of the small groups working on fixing the walls and started work.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

And it's about time I gave Sophia a propee send off. Shame, I really liked her, and I think her character would have been really fun to write, but The Inquisitor's wackiness seems to have completely overshadowed her... Well, at least I can give her a happy ending.

Sophia watched as the remains of the humans were carried off. She was upset-- Or as upset as a robot could be. So much resources-- so many LIVES had been lost. It was grevious to see that the humans would no longer be able to wor-- live. Humans had lives. Not just "functions". The greatest gift of all, the gift of life beyond function, was violently torn away from the men and women who had clung to it so desperately-- as well as the countless others that had been slaughtered in the war.

Not just this war, Sophia realized, all war. All this death, all this loss... If she was expected to feel proportionate emotion for each one, she'd be overwhelmed by the sheer amoubt of grief... It was horrific.

Sophia quickly terminated her thought process-- Her logic told her that it was no use to consider the matter further. She had work to do, after all.

Sophia took one last look at the pile of dead soldiers.

"...Let it go, Sophia," A voice told her. It was not a real voice, per se, but it was the tiny bit of her creator that had been left in her-- a tiny piece of the inventor Arkandra Villemon, who had built her from scraps and shaped her into the droid she was today...

She would let it go, Sophia decided, for now. But the life lost today, and all throughout the wars all throughout time... She would not let them have been in vain. She would take hold of that one little piece of humanity that Arkandra had planted in her, and grow it into something more... And then she would be able to understand the values that she'd been programmed to uphold.

"Sophia," A soldier said, approaching the golden mech, "Pardon me, but... Here are your relocation orders."

Sophia slowly turned around and scanned over the documents. 

"...'Cold Range'? They want me to go north?"

The soldier nodded. "Apparently there's someone there who requested your presence-- a Ms. Lenora Villemon, I believe."

Sophia's processors whirred. "Villemon? As in 'Arkandra Villemon'?"

The soldier nodded. "Her sister, I believe. She's been with us for some time now-- When she found out who you were, she sent for you straight away."

Sophia wasn't sure how to reply. Her program told her "happy", but somehow, it felt different from that. The little bit of Arkandra that was inside her began to smile, and against the will of her programming, Sophia began to hum with joy.

"Thank you," She said, smiling with her eyes, "This makes me... Happy."

The soldier laughed. "That's just a malfunction; robots don't feel happy."

Nevertheless, Sophia was happy. After so long, to have someone to again call a friend... Barely thinking, she burst off towards the transport ships, nearly trampling several soldiers in her path.

She was going to the area called "Cold Range" in Alaska. She was going to her home.

At long last.
Last edited by Sleuth on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
DLA

Post by DLA »

*cough cough*
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

I'm not sure what to say, really, since you're just working on a wall... You could always time-skip a bit forwards, I guess, there really isn't much Eve can do right now...

DLA

Post by DLA »

I thought I would wait on Hol to post, but I suppose a timeskip is okay. What time will it be?
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

How long does a wall take to rebuild? xP

DLA

Post by DLA »

About an hour, depending on what it's made of. Let's go with an hour, then?
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Works for me.

Holhol

Post by Holhol »

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:
I thought I would wait on Hol to post, but I suppose a timeskip is okay. What time will it be?
I legitimately don't know how to begin. :|
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

You know, I DID mention in my last post that the base was going to be evacuated and destroyed, and that the soldiers were to be relocated. Just saying, because it irritates me when people don't take the time to read my posts.