RP: Oblivion Industries Redux (Welcoming Players!)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

RP: Oblivion Industries Redux (Welcoming Players!)

Post by gotMLK7 »

OBLIVION INDUSTRIES
REDUX
Spoiler : GM's Note :
So, a majority wanted me to reboot Oblivion Industries when I made a poll. The sad thing is a majority=5. So hopefully this remake, with 100% more fancy words for "reboot", will be better than the original that was made on a whim and done poorly. This one will have some of the elements from the original Oblivion Industries, but have a different plot, a new steampunk style, much more complex characters, and over all be very different from the original. But don't worry, you can still be a robot, which was basically all the original had going for it. So I hope you guys enjoy the Redux!
Spoiler : Plot :
The year is *unimportant*, and you are in an alternate universe America. In this universe, a company known as Oblis Industries, which works in the manufacturing of robots and machinery, is as well known as Apple or Google. They've created war machines, androids, prosthetics, and more. While they are widely accepted by most, they have some...questionable intents. They have practically taken over the world of technology, and they are slowly gaining power in America, as their robots have gained jobs that normally belong to humans, and their founder, a mysterious man known as David Oblis, ran for the president of the country. There is a group of rebellions known as the "Frozen Gears" who have opposed the growth of Oblis Industries since Oblis bagan running, as they believe the company has grown far too powerful, and Oblis' presidency can very well put the country in turmoil. But their peaceful efforts failed, as Oblis was put into power, and things quickly changed. The military is completely controlled by Oblis Industries now, and humans and robots alike have been trying to exterminate the Frozen Gears. So the fight rages on between the Frozen Gears, who look down on the robots, and Oblis Industries, the military producing the robots. So who will win in this struggle?
Spoiler : Character Options :
In Oblivion Industries Redux, you can control up to three characters. You have a choice between two species, obviously:
Human: The humans. Not much else to say.
Robot: Robots here work a little differently. This universe has less technology then the original's, so robots are a lot Portal-style clean and spiffy, and more Iron Giant-style dirty and realistic. Basically, more steampunk. However, Oblis Industries still uses a type of AI for a majority of their robots, so they are still very operational, just a little more low-tech. Any kind of robots are allowed, including androids and cyborgs. They can be built for any purpose, too, just like the previous one (ie aid, war, or testing).

There are two different alliances here, the Frozen Gears and the Oblis Troops.
The Frozen Gears: The rebel group opposing the power of Oblis Industries, feeling they've grown far too powerful. humans and robots are allowed, but the robots are looked down upon by a majority, being created by the enemy. Cyborgs and people with prosthetics (common for non-troops) are also seen as lesser. Rebels generally are self taught with weapons they have had to acquire themselves, using natural skills to fight.
The Oblis Troops: The military controlled by Oblis Industries. Consists of robots and people as equals, and working for the government. They generally have the more advanced weapons, and more guns and military devices.
Neither group is really a villain, but they have very different intents.
Spoiler : Rules :
General rules apply.

NO invincibility
Keep the language clean if possible
NO SPAMMING
Post everything OOC in spoilers
You have to post your profile when you join and wait for confirmation by me
You CAN return the game if you have died, though you'll need to make a different character
When battling another character, you need to give them a chance to survive (ie Allow them to fight back or dodge an attack)
NO god-mods
No back-seat modding
If you want to make a huge plot twist, contact me and any other person involved
Have fun! *cheesy*
Spoiler : Character Sheet :
Use this outline for your profile:

Username: (Your username)
Character's Name: (The name of your character)
Species: (Human or robot?)
Alliance: (Frozen Gears or Oblis Troops?)
Appearance: (Physical appearance)
History: (Backstory?)
Abilities: (Any weapons or skills?)
Spoiler : Characters :
This is where characters are listed.

FROZEN GEARS:
-Evangeline Poole (gotMLK7)
-Sophia (Shadowsleuth)
-Katrina Thompson (Detective Luke Atmey)

OBLIS TROOPS:
-The Inquisitor (Shadowsleuth) DECEASED
-Cole Trainer (gotMLK7)
-Gerard Heifer (Detective Luke Atmey)
-Animatricky (enigma) DECEASED
-Ace (Holhol)
Spoiler : Points of Interest :
Locations worth noting.

Oblis Industries Military Base: Where the Oblis Troops are trained and live.
Frozen Gears Grand Camp: The headquarters of the Frozen Gears. The rebels do have homes and different stations, but this is where the higher-ups stay and where important meetings are held.

Other POIs will be introduced throughout the story.
Spoiler : Important-Steampunk? :
This story takes place in a steampunk styled world, in juxtaposition to the crisp Portal-styled world of the original (this is mainly thanks to my sister, who has become obsessed with steampunk, and the vaguely steampunk Sin and Punishment game). Ergo, one must remain decently consistent and knowledgable of the style. Here is the Wikipedia page for Steampunk, if you are unaware of how the genre works. Use this to help when creating characters and machines, please.
That's all you'll need to know for now, so feel free to begin posting your characters now! Feel free to use characters from the old one (though keep them updated with the style). We'll begin after at least 5 sign-ups. I'll post my own soon. Also, if you want to help out as a moderator for the RP, feel free to PM me about it, I could use help! Now, BEGIN!
Last edited by gotMLK7 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:19 am, edited 6 times in total.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: RP: Oblivion Industries Redux

Post by Sleuth »

Spoiler : :
Username: gotMLK7
Character's Name: The Inquisitor
Species: Robot
Alliance: Oblis Troops
Appearance: An android that stands roughly six feet tall, and wears a mask and cloak to obscure its robotic form. Without the cloak and mask, his form resembles a robotic skeleton, with long, thin "bones" of steel that connect to each other. He has a pulsating light-blue "Heart" in his chest, which keeps him running. "Veins" of light-blue energy course through his form, and typically meet in his palms and balls of his feet. In each palm, he has a small portion that opens up to reveal a small laser cannon, capable of firing laser pulses. (Think Iron Man)
History: The Inquisitor was one of the original Oblis Troops to have been manufactured, and his AI was based upon the mind of an employee named Yoshina. Because of this, he occasionally has flashes of humanity that manifest themselves in mercy, kindness, and even bits of Yoshina's original personality here and there. However, he also has access to the more vicious human instincts, such as cruelty, hatred, and wrath. For the most part, he can suppress these urges, as he considers them to be interrupting his duties. He is loyal to the Oblis Troops, and considers it his sole goal in life to crush the rebellion and ascend the robots to their rightful place.
Abilities: As a fighter, The Inquisitor's physical powers leave much to be desired. He still has more strength and durability than a human, but by robot standards, he is pitifully weak. He compensates for this by having extraordinary energy levels, allowing him to last longer than most other machines, unless his body takes too many hits. His primary means of attack is energy projection via his hands, feet, and occasionally chest. (think Iron man) He can control the power and area of the beam perfectly, to anything from a tiny, yet powerful laser beam, to a widespread laser pulse, to even a massive laser ray (But they take up more and more energy, though.)
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Shadowsleuth wrote:
Appearance: An android that stands roughly six feet tall, and wears a mask and cloak to obscure its robotic form. Without the cloak and mask, his form resembles a robotic skeleton, with long, thin "bones" of steel that connect to each other. He has a pulsating light-blue "Heart" in his chest, which keeps him running. "Veins" of light-blue energy course through his form, and typically meet in his palms and balls of his feet. In each palm, he has a small portion that opens up to reveal a small laser cannon, capable of firing laser pulses. (Think Iron Man)
History: The Inquisitor was one of the original Oblis Troops to have been manufactured, and his AI was based upon the mind of an employee named Yoshina. Because of this, he occasionally has flashes of humanity that manifest themselves in mercy, kindness, and even bits of Yoshina's original personality here and there. However, he also has access to the more vicious human instincts, such as cruelty, hatred, and wrath. For the most part, he can suppress these urges, as he considers them to be interrupting his duties. He is loyal to the Oblis Troops, and considers it his sole goal in life to crush the rebellion and ascend the robots to their rightful place.
Abilities: As a fighter, The Inquisitor's physical powers leave much to be desired. He still has more strength and durability than a human, but by robot standards, he is pitifully weak. He compensates for this by having extraordinary energy levels, allowing him to last longer than most other machines, unless his body takes too many hits. His primary means of attack is energy projection via his hands, feet, and occasionally chest. (think Iron man) He can control the power and area of the beam perfectly, to anything from a tiny, yet powerful laser beam, to a widespread laser pulse, to even a massive laser ray (But they take up more and more energy, though.)
Accepted! But, um...why did you put "gotMLK7" for the username? I don't want to use your character, bro...
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

gotMLK7 wrote:
Shadowsleuth wrote:
Accepted! But, um...why did you put "gotMLK7" for the username? I don't want to use your character, bro...
It was a joke.

The username section seems useless to me, so I put yours in instead. :wink:
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Shadowsleuth wrote:
gotMLK7 wrote:
Shadowsleuth wrote:
It was a joke.

The username section seems useless to me, so I put yours in instead. :wink:
Ha, okay, I was scared you were trying to take over my life or something. Heh heh...heh... :lol:

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Oh, I am. But not just yet. :wink:
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

I have two characters of my own for this list; a rebel and a soldier.
Spoiler : Character 1-Evangeline Poole :
Username: gotMLK7 (the real one)
Character's Name: Evangeline "Eve" Poole
Species: Human
Alliance: Frozen Gears
Appearance: *image coming soon*
Eve wears a brwon tank top, beige-brown camo pants, and black boots. Her hair goes down to around her shoulders, and is platinum-blonde. She has a holster for her gun on the left side of her hip, and some belt straps wrapped around her chest used to sheath her sword and keep her prosthetic arm up. Her right arm is completely robotic, covered in gears and coils made of a bronze-like material. It also has three knives attached for emergencies, and a wrist blade. Her right eye and part of the right side of her neck are also prosthetic, with her eye consisting of a plate bolted into here skull and three red lights where her eyeball should be. All of her prosthetics have long and thin smoke stacks coming out of them, which blow smoke out most of the time. A pair of goggles rest on her head, specially built for her robotic eye.
History: Evangeline (or Eve as she prefers to be called) was 12 around the time of Oblis Industry's rise to power, and she used to actually think it was cool. She even considered joining the Oblis Troops when she got older. However, she grew to hate the industry when she got into an accident. Being an avid motorcycle enthusiast, Eve (age 14) was riding her motorcycle one day when a freak accident sent her over a cliff, and her bike exploded. She was hospitalized, and she lost her arm and her eye in the accident. Oblis Industry supplied the prosthetics to replace them, but they were far too expensive for the Poole family to afford. When they couldn't pay their debts to Oblis Industries, her parents were arrested. Eve resented the company from this day for unfairly imprisoning her loved ones, especially for the supplies they practically forced upon her. Eve joined the Frozen Gears after this, despite being looked down upon for her possesion of Oblis parts. She's been helping in the effort for two years now, being 16.
Abilities: Eve has a few weapons on her part. Her main weapon is her sword, which is a thick short sword that can fold back down the center to become more portable. She also has a handgun with a small scope on top for aiming. Her left arm has three knives attached and a wrist blade on it. She is very skilled with each of these. She was naturally left-handed, but her new arm alowwed her to become ambidextrious. She's also good with vehicles, though motorcycles are her specialty. Her personal bike is known as the Bloody Mary. Also, not exactly a skill, but the steam stacks on her prosthetics spew out more or less smoke depending on her mood. Because reasons.
Spoiler : Character 2-Cole Trainer :
Character's Name: Cole Trainer
Appearance: He has short dirty-blond hair, with a pair of goggles on his forehead (because it isn't steampunk without them). His uniorm consists of a dark green jacket and brown pants tucked into black boots. He also wears black gloves. A holster is strapped to his left leg. He has a jetpack covered in gears strapped to his back with a joystick sticking out on either side of his waist. Straps go down his shoulder and across his chest with buckles attached, connecting to the jetpack.
History: Cole's parents raised him in a strict household. He was raised by his father to become a military soldier since youth, since Mr. Trainer always believed the army was a good way to man up. Cole followed his parents' order obediently, and grew to respect the military and rules. When the Frozen Gears broke out, he saw them as obnoxious hooligans. When he turned 17, Cole joined the Oblis Troops, and quickly became a well-respected soldier as he took down and arrested hundreds of rebels.
Abilities: Just like Eve, Cole has a sword and a gun. His gun is a six barrel revolver that shoots very fast, with each barrel matching with a four-bullet chamber. His sword is thick like Eve's, but it contains a long and powerful revolver on the back of it, and can fold forward into a long handgun. His specialty, however, is manuvering through the air on his steam-powered jetpack, which is on his back most of the time. He is also very strict and disciplinary, and commands much respect as a great leader for the troops.
Now let's see some more sign-ups, guys!
Last edited by gotMLK7 on Mon May 28, 2012 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Username: Detective Luke Atmey
Character's Name: Gerard Heifer
Appearance: A black top hat with aviator goggles placed on it, red hair, a leather jacket, a sheath for a sword, a white shirt, brown pants, and blue hoverboots.
History: Gerard was raised in a rich household filled with technology by Oblis Industries, which he received due to his father's job at the company. He enjoyed how easy life was made with it. He had grown dependent on technology for many things, grateful to Oblis Industries for it. When the Frozen Gears appeared, he realized it was a risk to the technology he had grown to love so much. At the age of 18, he joined the Oblis Troops and took down many of those who threatened the company.
Abilities: Gerard has a katana which he keeps in the sheath when he's not using it, as well as a gun concealed in a wind-up box. When he turns the crank, the gun pops out and he can use it.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:
Username: Detective Luke Atmey
Character's Name: Gerard Heifer
Appearance: A black top hat with aviator goggles placed on it, red hair, a leather jacket, a sheath for a sword, a white shirt, brown pants, and blue hoverboots.
History: Gerard was raised in a rich household filled with technology by Oblis Industries, which he received due to his father's job at the company. He enjoyed how easy life was made with it. He had grown dependent on technology for many things, grateful to Oblis Industries for it. When the Frozen Gears appeared, he realized it was a risk to the technology he had grown to love so much. At the age of 18, he joined the Oblis Troops and took down many of those who threatened the company.
Abilities: Gerard has a katana which he keeps in the sheath when he's not using it, as well as a gun concealed in a wind-up box. When he turns the crank, the gun pops out and he can use it.
Accepted!

gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Bump.

Still waiting for at least two more sign-ups before starting this game.

Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Right... Right...

I don't feel like it now, so I'll do it tomorrow.

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

If no one else is doing it, I might as well make another one. Wouldn't want to have to fight the air.
Sleuth

Re: RP: Oblivion Industries Redux (Welcoming Players!)

Post by Sleuth »

Well... I guess this is dead, then.

Too bad. I wanted to use hand-lasers...
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Shadowsleuth wrote:Well... I guess this is dead, then.

Too bad. I wanted to use hand-lasers...
This isn't dead. It's just going horribly horribly slow for some reason. :x
Seriously, what is up with this? I know this isn't really like the original, but the original wasn't even that good, so why can't I get more than two people in this thing? What does a guy need to do in order to get some progress goin' here? Dx

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

I guess I could make an opening post or something involving a battle between the Gears and the Troops.