RP: Infinite Odyssey (Announcement)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: RP: Infinite Odyssey (Announcement)

Post by Sleuth »

Inside the Base:

The man known as Alachon stood inside the top of the ship, surrounded by his men. At present, a flickering screen showed before the crew in the dimly lit room.

"I trust you have acquired the Catalyst?"

"We have, Your Holiness," Alachon said, taking a deep bow, his sweeping motions flowing through his silken robe, "However, we do not yet have the key..."

"Forget about the key," The voice spoke, "It means nothing to me. All I desire is the Catalyst itself."

"But, Your Holiness," Alachon said, frowning, "I don't see how you can access the power of the Catalyst without its key."

"...Alachon, you poor fool."
The voice said, pity leaking through the screen, "It seems you have much to learn. I do not want the Catalyst for myself; no, I mean to destroy the Catalyst."

"Destroy it?" Alachon's eyes widened, "But why?"

"Alachon, do not question me,"
The voice went on, "It is the will of the Celestial One. Such feeble minds as ours should not question his almighty will; only obey and trust."

"...Yes, Your Holiness," Alachon said, bowing, "In that case, I will recall my troops and be off shortly."

"You do that," The voice said, and then vanished as the screen turned to static.

Alachon immediately whirled around to face the scores of Guardians sitting in their positions.

"Brothers!" He said, "Recall the troops at once. We take off now."

With that, he snapped his fingers, opening up a broadcast all throughout the ship.

"Attention! This is Sir Alachon speaking. We have what we need and we're taking off now. All troops report back to the ship within the next five minutes for takeoff."

The Tower began to shake and quiver; it appears that it was not a Tower at all, but in fact a spaceship. And takeoff will begin soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Off at the Base, the Guardians quickly receive the signal and fly back. They are no longer interested in any fighting, and leave the group as if they were a bowl of vinegar soaked pancakes made out of mud. The broadcast can be heard throughout the area, and it seems that the enemy is beating a hasty retreat.

They vanish, and silence falls over the area.

Spoiler : :
Okay, just a head-count here:
At the tower/enemy base/ship thing:
- Merrik
- Clint
- Christian
- Elaine
- Heako (I'll give him a pass because Drey is offline)
- Erestru-ven
- Cynthia

At the Iron Wolf Base:
- Kerenth
- Agnes
- Miles
- Damien

I believe that's it so far. So yeah, let's get this going again. I will post the next action once the group decides what to do. You have a few options, so go ahead and get creative.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm still confused by what's happened. Could somebody please summarize everything since we arrived at Iron Wolf and were divided into groups? Reading over the last few pages isn't helping me much.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

OKAY! I'm ready to start doing stuff again... although I can't really help Enthalpy with that summary.

Sorry about... well, not being around.
Heako hit the ground with a thud as the 'tower' started to shake violently.

"S***." He grumbled, scrambling along the ground to take up a ready position behind a crate. "Eleanor. You okay?"
And what a stunning debut this is. I'm supposed to flex my GM muscles, aren't I? If so, I can do that. I just want to check first.

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Well it has been some time, hasn't it. I have to admit that I have far too much on my plate ATM to keep up with this game, and even if I had, I'm simply too unmotivated to finish this. I've been a poor GM the whole game through, and completely ended up squandering the promise this RP held in its OP. For that I apologize.

However, Kruiser has seen fit to keep this roleplay alive, if at all possible, and to salvage it and revive it into something greater than the mess I made of it. I therefore defer ownership of the Roleplay to him, and wish him nothing but good luck.

Last thing I'd like to know is if anyone is still around, and who would be interested in replaying this game under the new reign of Kruiser? He intends to either continue from where we left off, or timeskip to keep the game going, though if anyone has a better suggestion, I'm certain he will take it into account.

If you're interested in still hanging around, please leave a post... Again.

Thank you all for your patience. And good luck to you, Kruiser.
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

I would definitely play. I'd be up for a timeskip to when everyone's already left the planet so we're basically on a clean slate. This rp has mad potential, I'd be stoked if it came back on.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

I'll gladly keep posting here.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Reyson

Post by Reyson »

I'll play.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

I oppose this new leadership and resign.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Unfortunately I don't really have time time to be involved in any more RP's, so I must respectfully resign. Good luck Kruiser!
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
LunchPolice

Post by LunchPolice »

GuardianDreamer wrote:
I oppose this new leadership and resign.
... Why? It's not like the old GM was doing anything. :?
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
GuardianDreamer

I oppose who the new GM is. That's all I can say in public.
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Spoiler : OOC :
I'm not sure if I was still technically in this or not but I may as well take this opportunity to formally bail out.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
LunchPolice

Post by LunchPolice »

Aw, man. That sucks. :(
I guess it shouldn't be too hard to write him out of the story, since he has good reason to quit working on the Seahorse. Still...

DDDDDD:
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
GuardianDreamer

Since LP brought this up in the xat: If Kruiser goes with the time-skip idea, then Agnes will have simply decided to not enlist in the military, and presumably return to working as a mercenary. If there is no time-skip, I'll write as Agnes until the end of the mission, then have her leave.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Remilia Scarlet

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

I'll continue and would prefer a time-skip.