The AAO Role-Play Awards 2012! (Nominations)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

$Fth
Spoken languages: English

Re: The AAO Role-Play Awards 2012! (Nominations)

Post by $Fth »

It's gonna be 2013 before you actually finish at this rate, yo.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

$Fth wrote:It's gonna be 2013 before you actually finish at this rate, yo.
At the rate it was already going it'd be 2014. I just need to pick up this thing's pace or something. An OP remake would be nice but getting people to actually nominate again is the hard part.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Remilia Scarlet
Spoken languages: English

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Dude you have less than 2 months, restarting would be the worst thing you could do.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Spoiler : Two nominations :
Category: Best World
World: Inaba and The Plains
Role-Play: Requiem of the Shadows
Details: Why am I nominating this? I'm nominating this because Requiem (and its spiritual predecessor, Haruhism) needs way more love than it gets. Truf's vast backstory on the town of Inaba, and the history of The Plains deserves to be commended. The Plains are basically an alternate dimension of sorts, a world that overlaps with the real world, but isn't visible to anyone who isn't among the Faithful or Resistance (The two factions in the game). Truf has included a vast amount of detail in Requiem, and while I realize a lot of people spend a long time detailing the worlds they create, Truf has done the most work, in my opinion. I realize there are plenty of jokes about Truf's LONG WALLS OF BACKSTORY TEXT, but honestly, I love it, and it's obvious how much effort has been put into it.

Category: Best Villain
Character: Thereme
Role-Play: Endless Time
Details: Because Thereme is the most well-known RP villain on this site and I can't believe he hasn't been nominated yet. SG does a good job of writing a good villain, one that you're clearly meant to dislike, but he does so in a realistic way compared to many other villains that are just generically evil just to cause conflict. Thereme is actually intelligent, and has plenty of common sense, and he doesn't just go around being evil for no reason. He's far more pragmatic than that, and he's good at maintaining a good public image so that he's seen as a ruler with decent intentions to those who don't oppose him (A Villain With Good Publicity, you could say). Definitely worthy of a nomination.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

$Fth wrote:It's gonna be 2013 before you actually finish at this rate, yo.
So that happened. Do you still intend to go through with this?
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Not with this show. I've made far too many errors in the planning of this. My rules were faulty, and the system of nominations made it near impossible to actually fill all of the slots successfully. A lot of the categories seem redundant after the first ceremony, too.

I may do a 2013 show, but I need to give the system a major overhaul. Get a good set of rules, plan a good nomination system, and find some really good categories for it. If I can figure out how to succesfully pull those off, I'll try it again this year.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!