The AAO Role-Play Awards 2012! (Nominations)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

The AAO Role-Play Awards 2012! (Nominations)

Post by gotMLK7 »

It hasn't exactly been an entire year yet. Heck, it's only been half a year since the LAST ones ended. But hey, I'm outta school now, so I might as well begin the newest installment of...
If you weren't here for the last one, let me catch you up to speed: Last year, I hosted an award show for several categories of RPs, including characters, moments, and even entire RPs. And they are back!

Just like last year, here's how it will all take place:

STEP 1: NOMINATIONS
There will be a list of categories in a bit. The first phase of the Awards is to fill these categories! Nominate what you think fits the category best using this template:
Category: (Which one you are nominating for)
Moment/Character/Weapon/Etc.: (Varies with the categories. This is what you are actually nominating.)
Role-Play: (The role-play of origin)
Details: (Why you are nominating it)

Some extra rules for nominations:
-If two or more characters controlled by one person are nominated for one category, only one can be chosen, so nominate wisely.
-A minimum of four role-plays must be represented for each category.
-Please, only nominate one for each category. You can't nominate three characters for one category.

This phase will go on until each category has a minimum of 4 nominees. It is okay if it exceeds four, as long as it fits with the above rules.

Also, if you have any category ideas, feel free to share them, I'll consider adding them.

STEP 2: VOTING
I will set up a voting sheet for everybody to fill out and PM to me once all nominations are ready. Just fill it out with who you think deserves to win each category and shoot a PM!

STEP 3: THE SHOW
This is when I'll post all the winners, and hopefully this year it'll be a bit more planned out and extravagant. xD Players are welcomed to give in-character acceptance speeches, but not required.

I'll stop beating around the bush now. Time for...THE CATEGORIES!
Spoiler : THE CATEGORIES :
Most Interesting Character
Everybody aims to make a good character, but which one feels the most 3-dimensional? NOTE: NO Endless Time Characters in this category! You'll see why in a bit.
-Saburo Kirio (Final Warfare)

Funniest Character
That character who makes you laugh out loud the most!
-The Inquisitor (Oblivion Industries Redux)
-Porcus (AAO RP Tournament)
-Arkady Strutsnov (Final Warfare)
-Kanya Shiroi (inSAne [Slaughter Asylum])

Creepiest Character
Who gives you the most chills down your spine?
-Graham Lechter (Slumber Investigations Agency)
-Rena Lanos (Town of the Extraordinary)

Cutest Character
A character that just makes you go "Aaaaaaaawwwwww~!"

Best Villain
The one who's the best at being absolutely evil towards the heroes!
-Specter (Remilia Scarlet - Crossover Central)
-Dr. Malus (Town of the Extraordinary)

Coolest Weapon
The item of doom that just looks freaking awesome and destroys everything in its path!
-Project Rezalus (Final Warfare)
-The Relics (Endless Time)

Best Power
Laser-eyes? Plasma hands? Who has the greatest power of them all?
-Emotion and/or Sensation Swapping by Touch (Samuel Fields - Town of the Extraordinary)
-Space Distortion (Kasuka Kamiya - Town of the Extraordinary)

Funniest Moment
The moment that just had you in tears laughing.
-Jack Mystere III's Epic Fail (Slumber Investigations Agency)
-Lemon and Vegetable (AAO RP Tournament)
-Kageno's Bet (AAO RP Tournament)
-Shawn Tosses Redwater (On the Run)
-Watt Voltage, the Human Battering Ram (inSAne [Slaughter Asylum])

Saddest Moment
The moment that just plain had you in tears. (NO death scenes!)

Most Shocking Moment
What just shocked you so much you could barely believe it?
-Mordik Kills Zip (AAO RP Tournament)
-Prject Rezalus Strikes (Final Warfare)
-Taro Tanshin Dies (AAO RP Tournament)

Most Bad*ss Moment
If you could picture a thousand electric guitar solos in the background and everybody wearing sunglasses, it fits here.
-Beijing Takeover (Final Warfare)

Greatest Death Scene
The most well-written farewell to a character you've seen.
-Kenneth Roymond (Endless Time)
-Moshi (AAO RP Tournament)
-The Inquisitor (Oblivion Industries Redux)

Greatest RP Moment Ever
The most well-written scene you have ever seen.
-Narome Feeds off of Mika (Endless Time)

Best Mafia or Werewolf Game
The best RP that goes by the general Mafia rules, with some creative twists, of course.
-That OTHER Werewolf Game
-The Haruhism Game
-Whodunnit?

Best Fight Scene
A fight to the death that was JUST PLAIN AWESOME. Wars do not count.
-Zak Generic vs Mark Dawn (AAO RP Tournament)
-Wesker And Darth Vader VS Team Heroes VS Specter and Ragtok. (Crossover Central)
-Kana Saito vs Moshi Maida (AAO RP Tournament)
-Kana Saito vs Young Glitch (AAO RP Tournament)

Best World
Part of the bread and butter of an RP is the world it takes place in. Which one is the coolest?
-Leceil (Endless Time)
-Hirasaka and the Otherside (Othersiders)

Best Duo
The pair of pals that pwn everything.
-Lawrence Matryoshka and Arkady Strutsnov (Final Warfare)
-Sin and Crime (inSAne [Slaughter Asylum])

Coolest Outfit or Design
The character that just LOOKS the coolest.
-Narome (LunchPolice - Endless Time)
-Glitch (enigma - Crossover Central)

Best One-Liner
That one quote that literally just owned everything, whether it be hilarious or bad*ss. No paragraphs, please.
-"Know why they call her 'Zip', brother? Because she's so COMPRESSED!" (Sin, inSAne [Slaughter Asylum])

And now, since ET would DEFINTIELY win best RP again, let's do something a little different...
Best Character in Endless Time
Our Grand Winner and Number 1 RP from last year has its OWN category devoted to its characters! Which character do you think is the best in our GREATEST role-play?
-Kenneth Roymond (GuardianDreamer)
-Mika Cadenza (ShadowEdgeworth)
-Narome (LunchPolice)
-Kea Kassidee (paradoxinparticles)
And now...may the games...BEGIN!
Last edited by gotMLK7 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:42 am, edited 21 times in total.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Remilia Scarlet
Spoken languages: English

Re: The AAO Role-Play Awards 2012! (Nominations)

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

-Only one nominee per role-play for each category. Nothing filled with ONLY Endless Time characters, please (Well, except for one exception I'll get to later)
Er... I'm really opposed to this rule. Especially since the nominees are first come first serve.
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Remilia Scarlet wrote:
-Only one nominee per role-play for each category. Nothing filled with ONLY Endless Time characters, please (Well, except for one exception I'll get to later)
Er... I'm really opposed to this rule. Especially since the nominees are first come first serve.
Indeed. This doesn't make sense. Why should there be only one from each RP if it's first come first serve? That would mean missing out on quite a few characters, who quite frankly, might deserve it then the nominee. This is about who deserves the award out of those who have earned nomination, not "Who's the best out of these guys selected from the RP?"
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

BECAUSE LAST YEAR ALMOST EVERY CATEGORY WAS 50% ENDLESS TIME. More then one can be NOMINATED, but in the end only one from that RP will be chosen. Just look at last year's nominations list, it is RIDICULOUS. So please try to understand my position here, I want each RP to have a fair chance here.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Category: Best Fight Scene
Moment/Character/Weapon/Etc.: Zak/Nakota VS Mark Dawn
Role-Play: The 1st Annual AAO RP Tournament
Details: Remains one of the best fights of the whole tournament. It was absolutely brutal and conveyed a long tiresome fight without actually being long or tiresome. Both writers did really well. Exciting stuff.

I will nominate more later.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Master Of Chaos

Not sure if this would classify as a war, but putting it up anyway.

Category: Best Death Scene
Moment/Character/Weapon/Etc.: Moshi's death by Kana.
Role-Play: The 1st Annual AAO RP Tournament
Details: Moshi, on the verge of death after their epic battle, is put out of his suffering by Kana with a bullet.
Last edited by Master Of Chaos on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Ghostly Banette
Spoken languages: English, Booish, D@K0TA!

Post by Ghostly Banette »

Category: Funniest Moment
Moment/Character/Weapon/Etc.:Porcus
Role-Play:1st Annual AAO Tournament.
Details: After Lemont and Vegeta's fight, resulting in their deaths, Porcus accidentally forgets their names and calls them "Lemon and Vegetable".
Last edited by Ghostly Banette on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie's Team
ImageLvl 14ImageLvl 12ImageLvl 13

Francis, Clara and Carly
Banner made by Mono
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

ShadowEdgeworth

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

Remilia Scarlet wrote:
-Only one nominee per role-play for each category.  Nothing filled with ONLY Endless Time characters, please (Well, except for one exception I'll get to later)
I agree with Remilia, sorry Got but even the damn Oscars don't have this rule. To be honest, you're limiting what people can say. There are far more awesome moments in each RP, like the Tournament or CC that can be named. And this is an awards nomination. Kinda defeats the point if the more notable moments are left out for one. What if a better moment isn't mentioned? There ain't no fair chance then! So, ironically, such a rule just feels unjust, and has been invented because of one roleplay which hasn't even been as hectic this year as it was last.

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING.

You're taking your distaste of ET a bit too far in this case, my friend, and this rule is quite possibly going to ruin the awards for the majority of people...

That said, I do have a feeling it'll be Crossover Central taking home the gold this time.

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Can I just have a moment to explain a bit more? I included the rule because I wanted this RP to represent every RP that this site has to offer. I wanted to showcase the best of the best from each RP, and if I wanted to show a newbie what our RPs are like, I could show them the list. But when there are three or so entries from one RP and then one entry from some filler I had to add in last second, it seems like we have only one RP people care about. I don't have a distaste for ET or its popularity, but I want to have some...variety this year. If you guys REALLY don't like the rule, I can change it to a maximm of 2 per Role-play. No more. And there will still have to be four different RPs representing each category. This Awards Show is supposed to give a taste of everything, not just a little of some and a LOT of one. And I gave ET an entire category, so you can't call me biased against the thing. >.< So 2 per RP. Sound fair?

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Category: Funniest Character
Character: The Inquisitor
Role-Play: Oblivion Industries Redux
Details: The Inquisitor is pretty much robot Deadpool and one of the only characters who truly makes me laugh out loud.

Category: Creepiest Character
Character: Graham Lechter
Role-Play: Slumber Investigations Agency
Details: Graham is very similar to another character of the same name but it's also been mentioned that he used to own a company where he performed experiments on live humans. He has also been hinted at being a cannibal. Try and find a creepier character then him. Go on.

Damn. I wish the ransom would end in CC because Glitch really deserves Best Villian this year.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Everything so far has been added.

And I don't know 'bout Glitch, enigma, he's got some real competition. xD Thereme's bound to be nominated, and Dr. Malus stabbed an eight-year-old with an umbrella, so he'll definitely have some solid competition. Feel free to sign Glitch up, since he's a well-established villain.

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Got, you terrible person.

How is Atlantis supposed to sweep the awards now?

And enigma, I don't think NPCs can be nominated. I believe it's player characters only.
Master Of Chaos

Damn. I wish the ransom would end in CC because Glitch really deserves Best Villian this year.
*Resists urge to make a comeback which would end in a fight.*
gotMLK7 wrote:Everything so far has been added.

And I don't know 'bout Glitch, enigma, he's got some real competition. xD Thereme's bound to be nominated, and Dr. Malus stabbed an eight-year-old with an umbrella, so he'll definitely have some solid competition. Feel free to sign Glitch up, since he's a well-established villain.
What he said.

ShadowEdgeworth

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

Very well, two's good. It gives more of a fighting chance.
Anyway, I'll make a couple of nominations now.

Category: Best Villain
Character: Specter (Remilia Scarlet)
Role-Play: Crossover Central.
Details: Seriously, this guy is on the fine line between badassness, and complete manipulative insanity. Remy does an excellent job with him, and over the past hundred or so pages, Specter has really come into his own, especially in his treatment of Spider-Man. I've only played a couple of the Ape Escape games, but... seriously, Specter makes me want to buy them off eBay, just to see the man at work in motion.

-----

Category: Greatest Death Scene
Character: Kenneth Roymond (Guardian Dreamer)
Role-Play: Endless Time
Details: Kenneth was always one of my favourite ET characters, but I can honestly say, that this was one of the greatest death scenes I've ever read. It was emotional, heart-wrenching, and pretty damn good. Kudos to him.

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Category: Funniest Moment
Moment/Character/Weapon/Etc.: Jack Mystere III
Role-Play: Slumber Investigations Agency
Details: Jack tries to impress the maid, who then, to his sadness, tells him she dislikes top hats. He stand there frozen, an embarrassed look on his face for several minutes. His monocle falls off his face, he reaches down to pick it up, and continues to stand there with the embarrassed look on.
The Final but not so ending chapter.