The AAO Role-Play Awards 2012! (Nominations)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Remilia Scarlet
Spoken languages: English

Re: The AAO Role-Play Awards 2012! (Nominations)

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

How about most shocking moment or most funny moment?
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Funny moment sounds good. Makes the most sense, at least.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Reyson

Post by Reyson »

How about best character name?
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

WOAH A REVIVAL
I was hoping that might happen one day.
Though not sure about the category...opinions, people who still care of this thread's existence?
(BTW it's September now so starting around now actually makes it annual again)
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Remilia Scarlet

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Alrighty, time to make more nominations.

Category: Best Fight Scene
Moment/Character/Weapon/Etc.: Kana Saito vs. Glitch
Role-Play: AAO RP Tournament
Details: Both fighters used the environment to enrich the fight and found time to squeeze in some really interesting character development, as well.

Category: Coolest Weapon
Moment/Character/Weapon/Etc.: The Relics
Role-Play: Endless Time
Details: These were cool before but now they even have a fascinating backstory to go along with them, as well as more details on what each is capable of.

Category: Funniest Character
Moment/Character/Weapon/Etc.: Kanya Shiroi
Role-Play: inSAne [Slaughter Asylum]
Details: Not only does she never get tired of bragging, she makes constant math puns by doing so. But the funniest part of that is the idea that anyone could really like math so much.

Category: Most Shocking Moment
Moment/Character/Weapon/Etc.: Taro Tanshin Dies
Role-Play: AAO RP Tournament
Details: I'm nominating this not for the sadness of the death but the fact that it was pretty shocking for it to happen. Yes, Zakson was one hell of an opponent but after all the development Taro got, seeing him brutally murdered by somebody other than Ryo still managed to shock.

Category: Best World
Moment/Character/Weapon/Etc.: Leceil (sp?)
Role-Play: Endless Time
Details: A great variety of nations, each with their own features. The players themselves have the option of developing the nations as much as they like, which is probably the best part of Leceil.

Category: Best One-Liner
Moment/Character/Weapon/Etc.: "Know why they call her 'Zip', brother? Because she's so COMPRESSED!"
Details: This felt really bad. Yet was also very clever and appropriate, considering Sin tried to squish her with a ceiling straight after.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Category:Best One-Liner
Moment/Character/Weapon/Etc.:Orrin's reply to the Owner's sadism.
Role-Play:inSAne
Details:"Here's an answer for you: No. What kind of person would beg for mercy from someone like you? Not the kind of person I could respect, I can tell you that. So even if it ends up getting me killed, I'm not about to throw away my dignity. I'd rather die being who I am than live acting like someone I'm not."

I don't know if this counts since it was directed at my character...
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Today's really slow in RPs, so I'll go ahead and update the OP right now so I have something to do.

All of yours are accepted Remy, and sorry enigma but I won't accept that one because it's not exactly a "one-liner".
EDIT: Actually, I'm going to continue my own nominations a bit first. So expect that update soon.
EDIT2: Les do thees.
Spoiler : :
I'm going to skip Best Fight Scene for now. I don't know, I just sorta want to wait it out a little...

Category: Best World
World: Hirasaka/The Otherside
Role-Play: Othersiders
Details: This is weird to nominate a world from an RP that has yet to begin, but...come on. Othersiders takes place in the fictional Japanese city of Hirasaka, which is pretty cool in itself as it's based on Shibuya in TWEWY. But then there's the Otherside, a world parralel to Hirasaka that is essentially the city but more desolate and gray. The cool part is that in this world, people transform into alternate versions of themselves, shifting into animals, humanoids, etc. That alone lands a spot here.

Category: Best Duo
Characters: Lawrence Matryoshka and Arkady Strutsnov
Role-Play: Final Warfare
Details: God, why did I set up so many categories that stump me so much that I have to go back to Arkady? I swear, I'm not even doing this on purpose, I LITERALLY can't think of anything else that I know enough about to nominate anything else. Granted, Lawrence is sorta in a lot of duos, like his fight against Sheldon alongside Tath Ki and his interaction with Saburo Kirio. But honestly, Lawrence and Arkady still remain my favorite duo in RPs so far. I probably sound like some old bloke just whining over the good ol' days by now, but tbh, writing the calm and collected Lawrence alongside the loud and angry Arkady Strutsnov was just too fun. Like literally, I don't know if I've had so much fun in an RP since the battles alongside Arkady to date. And the two work well together, being character foils. They were in several battles together, and have practically become war buddies. I just hope that one day Mango comes back and gets back into FW, because I would love to write more of Lawrence and Arkady together.

Category: Coolest Outfit or Design
Character: Glitch (Pony form)
Role-Play: Crossover Central
Details: I honestly did not expect to be nominating Glitch for this, to be honest. I just thought back to all the drawings I did and realized how much I actually enjoyed drawing Glitch. I mean, he's a My Little Pony in this form, yeah, but his design is actually pretty creative, being made up of binary code for the most part. And the overcoat and top hat were a nice touch. I don't know if Glitch still uses this form, but it would be cool if he did, because it's just a lot of fun. If you want to see the design in question, look at my villains poster in the RP Group on deviantArt, that's my adaptation of what he looked like, and it was REALLY fun to make.

Best One-Liner also requires some further investigation.

Category: Best Character in Endless Time
Character: Narome
Role-Play: lol
Details: Honestly, I don't know a lot about ET. But I know I love Narome. I don't even feel justified in nominating him due to how little I know, but everything I've heard about him just sorta appeals to me. I mean he's practically the MASCOT of AAO role-playing at this point. His design is awesome, he's had some awesome scenes, and he has had some deep and emotional scenes with other characters. As little as I know about this guy, I can't help but like him. So...sue me.
I'll fill in all the blanks in my lists later, since I still feel I need to do more research first. Well, except for one, I KNOW this one needs to be nominated.

Category: Funniest Moment
Scene: The Wattering Ram
Details: I just...I have no idea what happened here. The scene was that Zip Barren (Remilia Scarlet), Watt Voltage (Ghostly Bannette), and several other characters were trapped in a locked room with a weak door that was being filled up with poisonous gases. Now...here's the hilarious part. Zip, being the weird and violent 13-year-old girl she is, decides to lift Watt, a grown man, and use him as a battering ram to open the door.
I don't even...I mean, she just hits him into the door three times! And it actually works! A 13-year-old girl uses a grown man as a battering ram to get out of a locked room! And Watt quotes Toy Story as it happens! Heck, I think Ghost actually going along with it and letting Watt be batted around was the best part; dude had no problem with making his character look a little derpy for comedy gold. Gotta hand it to you Ghost, that was great. And Remy certainly made it hilarious with Zip's total "just shut up and be a man" sort of attitude. I swear, this was just hilarious.

LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Category: Best Character in Endless Time
Character: Kea Kassidee
Role-Play: Uh.
Details: Seriously, despite randomly disappearing from the story every now and again, Kea is definitely up there in terms of my favourite ET characters. Parrie's writing style is just really, really fun. I'd say Kea had some of the best posts if not THE best posts early-ET. I'm always really excited to see a Kea post. She's a really endearing character, honestly. And her character relationships and backstory feel really real. And the Narome Kea interactions are awesome... and leave me in nostalgia mode. Because Kea was one of the first RP characters I ever interacted with. I think she was second, actually. So I guess you could say I've got mad nostalgia for that. I'm really glad Kea's a part of Narome's story. And the whole mechanical mage thing is awesome. I just... can't stress Parrie's awesomeness enough. Next time you see a Kea post, don't skim it. Or I'll find you and suck the life force out of you.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

So how about this?
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Need more nominations about this.

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Category: Best Mafia or Werewolf Game
Game: Whodunnit?
Details: Good twist on your generic Mafia game. Crimes are actually complex and solvable. Rune hosted one. DWaM hosted one. Are there any other details that are necessary?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

I didn't even consider Whodunnit an RP since it was never stated as such, but I suppose it fits into the category, so I shall accept it.

gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

I've updated the OP. Considering how much RP stuff has happened since this thing started, I think it's safe to say we have a lot more material now. So you know. Go nominate. And stuff.

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

I nominate Spongebob for best RPer of all time.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Category: Best Duo
Characters: Crime and Sin
Roleplay: inSAne
Details: To begin with, these two are a double creepy child duo reminiscent of one of those darker cartoons. However, what makes them interesting is how they work together. Like real siblings they have moments where one really bugs the other (see The Zip Joke in Most Badass moment) yet get along perfectly to the point where they are completely unhindered in battle by the fact they are chained together.