The AAO Role-Play Awards 2012! (Nominations)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Re: The AAO Role-Play Awards 2012! (Nominations)

Post by Sleuth »

I think their battle prowess has yet to be seen, considering the fight so far has only consisted of about 4 posts.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

I would just like to point out a few notes about the nminations at this point.
Categories that are currently finished and applicable for voting (ie have at least 4 nominations from different RPs):
-Funniest Character
-Funniest Moment
-Best Character in ET

Ones that have not had any nominations:
-Cutest Character
-Saddest Moment

Other notes to mention:
-Best Fight has 3 from the Tourney. It needs 2 more fights from other RPs to be applicable. So make sure you get some non-Tourney fights in there to even it out.
-Best Power is filled with only TotE, so that's something to take note of when nominating.
-Saburo is apparently the only interesting character. (interesting is synonym for best btw shhh)
-Nothing is more bad*ss than Beijing apparently.
-Narome feeding from Mika is-okay you get the point.
-One-liners too.

Also regarding Sin and Crime, I guess they count even though they're put together in one app. I suppose they don't NOT count at least. I doubt they'll win with their current development, but hey, they might improve.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

I still disagree with the whole "Having too much of one RP is a bad thing", especially if that RP deserves it. This just seems blatantly unfair to more well-known RP's, while giving lesser-known RP's Awards that they don't deserve. (Not calling any RP in specific bad or worse than others, but there are quite a few people who are only in some RP's, which makes this harder for them.)
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

GuardianDreamer wrote:I still disagree with the whole "Having too much of one RP is a bad thing", especially if that RP deserves it. This just seems blatantly unfair to more well-known RP's, while giving lesser-known RP's Awards that they don't deserve. (Not calling any RP in specific bad or worse than others, but there are quite a few people who are only in some RP's, which makes this harder for them.)
No GD I'm saying that the minimum requirement for a complete category is four nominations from different RPs. Not saying you can't nominate Tourney stuff for Fight Scenes anymore, just saying it's not any closer to being complete if you do.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

GuardianDreamer

.... *Facepalm*

You really don't get it, do you? (I'll type up an explanation when I'm back from playing Radiant Dawn.)
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Real Name (2024), A Silly Little Dream (hopefully late 2024 or very early 2025), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully late 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

I'd rather respond via PM if you don't mind.

GuardianDreamer

Actually yes, I DO mind. Greatly. I'd understand if this was a personal issue, but it isn't. This is about the way this is run. So no, I won't take this to PM's. And judging by your PM to me, you still don't get what my problem with all of this is.

The problem here is that people are only allowed to nominate one thing for each category. Let's face it, some of the bigger RP's are going to be more represented because... Well, more people are in them, and they likely HAVE more moments that belong here. So what you're basically doing is guilt-tripping everyone into finding the most obscure examples possible, because they'd feel guilty if they nominated a popular RP, since someone ELSE is going to make nomination in that same RP. And once again, the RPing section is not that big, and the people who care about the Awards is an even smaller group. These rules are going to make it impossible to ever get enough nominations.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

I was sorta hoping more for people who aren't actually in the major RPs to start nominating, but I do see the point being made. I'll be more lenient on the 4-rule and not really push it as much. For now, guys, focus on filling up each category as much as you can, and I'll find away to settle variety later if I have to.

GuardianDreamer

I honestly can't see "Cutest Character" really going anywhere, or getting many nominations. You might want to eliminate it.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

I nominate Ryo Tanshin for Cutest Character.
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

I nominate Naoko from Cold State for the same awa-*shot*

Okay seriously I'll probably give some actual suggestions within the next few days.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Okay so I need to ask this.
Anyone want me to just restart this thing for this year?
The rules set I set several months ago is clearly not working out and I think this got a really bad start. So want me to just reset this thing for the year with some new rules, some improved topics, etc.?

On a similar note here's a couple of more lenient rules I thought up in the shower:
-A category is complete when it either has:
>4 nominations from different RPs
>6 nominations total
So my recent spam complaints are no longer a problem as long as people nominate.

-You can nominate up to two nominations per category
This is one I'm sorta debating in my head about. I think it could make getting nominations easier on one hand. But I also feel like it might almost an overpowered rule of sorts. I've considered adding on "as long as they are from different RPs", but if you guys are too against that (which I assume you are), I'll leave it out. If you can deal with it, I'll put it in.

Also I'll try to carry over most of the nominations so far. If a category gets dropped, the nominations drop, but I can probably carry some over.

Also if anyone can think of nominations for Cutest Character I'll leave it just cuz adorable. If not I'll kill it with fire. I know Remy has that dog in Cold State, so if he posts as it, that would like...win.

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

But throat-stabbing IS adorable.

Iunno, seems like a waste of time to me. Can't you just extend it with revised rules?
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Shadowsleuth wrote:But throat-stabbing IS adorable.

Iunno, seems like a waste of time to me. Can't you just extend it with revised rules?
Probably. Though the question is if people will even notice.

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

NOTICE.