RP: Type 99 (Chapter 1)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Trybien
Spoken languages: English

RP: Type 99 (Chapter 1)

Post by Trybien »

Type 99
When the world is in perfect harmony, the gods are pleased. When the gods are pleased, the gift the subjects of their world. However, when the world is in perfect harmony, the demons are displeased and do whatever they can to end it. However, when one demon takes it to far and turns himself into a weapon of mass destruction and gives himself to a single power hungry human, each corner of the world becomes ravaged and many humans are being slaughtered. The gods' only option now is to fight back. They choose 98 of the the bravest, strongest, and loyalist humans, and give them eacha powerful orb granting their weapons with immaculous strength. Together, however, were still not enough to take down the demon, and the gods were forced to decide on the single thing they could do, create said orb with enough strength to overshadow anything else, the 99th orb. They choose the humble king of the most powerful nation to wield its power and to take down the demon. Using the combined power of the 99 orbs, they bring down the demon, and restore order to the world. After the defeat of the demon, the orbs take the forms of animals and mythical creatures lying in wait for until they are needed once again. Today, these orbs, are specified by types each with a number 1-99. Each, with their own strengths, 98 of them with their own weaknesses.

The story now
300 years pass, and civilizations are rebuilt and are know in perfect harmony, however, an organization, calling themselves "The Corruption League", determined to resurrect the demon king arises with their powerful and brilliant leader, General Kayaunth.To reach their goal, they are finding and capturing the orbs and altering them with machinery. It is up to the Holy Alliance to take down the foes or suffer an even worse Armageddon.
Orb classification
Holy- White in nature, and has holy, light abilities

Pyro- Red in nature, and has fire abilities

Aquatic- Blue in nature, and has water abilities

Foliage- Green in nature, and has plant abilities

Gaia- Brown in nature, and has earth abilities

Corrupted- Black in nature, and has upgraded forms of original color (Corruption League only)

The battle system
To begin the battle, opposing forces take their orbs and yell "[Class] Type [number], [Name]!" (Example: Pyro Type 46, Volcarock).
Fighters then slam orbs into weapons causing them to transform to match abilities of orb and giant beast representing orb appears overhead.
Fighters fight until someone forfeits, gets KO'd, or killed.
If a fighter is killed, beast reverts back into orb and floats above body for anyone to take.
Factions
Holy Alliance: Group of the strongest fighters of the Reborn World alligned to preserve peace and harmony. Does not have leader, rather of equal position for all.

Corruption League: Lead by General Kayunth and his second-in-command Commander Xalom, this league is bent on resurrecting the demon king to his former Tyranny

Citizen Automatically placed as one after game starts.): Normal citizen who is gifted with one of the 98 free orbs. Which side will you choose.
People You should Know
Spoiler : Darian :
Name: Darian
Appearance: Short blond hair and white robes. Has a single pair of wings.
Description: Guardian angel sent bye the gods to sense and locate the wild orbs and to purify the corrupted ones.
Faction: Holy Alliance
Spoiler : General Kayaunth :
Name: ??? Kayaunth
Appearance: Unknown
Description: Not much is known about this enigmatic leader and usually spreads his word through his second-in-command
Main Weapon:???
Weapon Description: ???
Faction: Corruption League

Orb Name: ???
Number: ???
Class: ???
Creature: ???
Description:???
Special Powers: ???
Spoiler : Xalom :
Name: Xalom
Appearance: Adorned in a long, green velvet cape blacks battle suit and engimatic mask wth flowing brown hair swaying behind it.
Description: General Kayaunth's second in command. Not much else known about him.
Weapon: Rapier
Weapon Description: Silver Rapier with jewels encrusted on hinge. Also carries dagger on body.
Faction: Corruption League

Orb Name: Hadiis
Number:34
Class: Corrupted/Pyro
Creature: On eyed snake
Description: Long purle snake with single eye. Can summon reanimated corpses from the ground and cover body in a shell of hardened molten material. Also can breath fire. Turns rapier into long seraded whip. Good mid ranged, practically useless short ranged.
Applications
Spoiler : :
Username: (Obvious)
Name: (Obvious)
Appearance: (obviously how your character looks, try to keep from high tech looks)
Description: (Backstory and personallity pretty much
Weapon: (This is your weapon, don;t make it overpowered though, so no RPGs and or any other one hit kill weapons)
Weapon Description: (Description time!)
Faction: (Which side are you on!? Try to keep it somewhat even though)

Orb Name: (This is entirely up to you, just don't make it too long)
Number: (Remember, don't choose numbers already taken)
Class: (Refer to class chart above)
Creature: (Regular or mythical? That's up to you)
Description: (Looks and powers. Also mention what it does to your weapon when orb is infused.)

Note: Type 99 is off limits. Also, the Orbs do have speaking capabilities, so each player is responsible for orb creature dialoug (Color coded matching type)
Spoiler : Characters :
Fiona Scarlet by gotMLK7 Type 57Citizen
Sepir Vinte by Mono-Kisirame Type 70 Holy Alliance
Anthony Pollux by Holhol Type 81 Citizen
Alexandra(Alex) Rainweather by Detective Luke Atmey Type 24 Citizen
Gareth Churchill by Reyson Type 13 Holy Alliance
Dr. Orpheus by Shadowsleuth Type 98 Holy Alliance
Sleet Tychus by Nyhmthetim Type 69 Holy Alliance
Dante Lemes by DudeWithAMask Type 17
Devils Proof by Enigma Type 34 Corruption League
Typical RP roles apply, however I do suggest the use of claiming next post.
Last edited by Trybien on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:44 am, edited 16 times in total.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: RP: Type 99 (signups)

Post by gotMLK7 »

Ooh, fun. Expect an app from me very soon. Dibs on scythe.

Though, quick thought. I don't really know how I feel about getting my power stolen if I'm knocked out...Nobody would want to get KO'd if they will lose their powers over it, so basically every fight would end in either a forfeit or a VERY rare death. I don't know, I'm just not fond of that one part...
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Reyson

Post by Reyson »

I'll definitely be joining this. I'm going on a trip today and coming back tomorrow, so depending on whether I have time to get some posts in during that span of time, you may or may not get an app then.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Looks fun. I agree with Got, I doubt anyone would want to lose their orb.

Expect an app from me soon.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Ok, guess I'll remove ko section then :3
DLA

Post by DLA »

Um, you didn't take away the KO part. You just deleted part of the app.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Name: Fiona Scarlet
Appearance: Image
(Crappy image quality, but that^)
Description: Young farm girl with a large temper. She gets angry a lot, and tends to beat the crap out of people. However, she is a fan of cute things, though she keeps it secret (before you ask, yes, I'm going for a tsundere character, sue me). She lives on a farm with her older brother Roy.
Weapon: Scythe
Weapon Description: Normal-A normal farming scythe, only half her size, with the number "57" etched onto it from a knife. Empowered-A tall scythe taller then Fiona herself with a gold skull spewing smoke and a large end for bludgeoning. The blade is black with the number and name of the beast engraved on it in white.
Faction: Citizen

Orb Name: Necroblaze
Number: 57
Class: Pyro
Creature: Burnt skeleton
Description: A skeleton, completely charred black, aside from a golden skull. Moves in an almost puppet-like fashion. Can not only survive fire, but can spontaneously combust. When on fire, he moves much faster, while shrieking in a frenzy. He turns Fiona's farming scythe into the full-sized one. The blade can set itself on fire, and despite its large size, it can be easily picked up by the orb's holder (Fiona). The gold skull on it has smoke seering from its eyes and mouth usually, but when the blade is blazing, it shrieks out an incredibly hot blue flame, much hotter and more deadly then the blade's flames

There we go. BTW, is this a one-character-per-player RP, or are we allowed multiple?
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

DLA

Post by DLA »

Reserved. I'll put up my app once I know if we can have one character or more.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:Um, you didn't take away the KO part. You just deleted part of the app.
Well, the KO part was removed, but since I did it on my DS, I don't think the full thing loaded, so the last part was left out of the update.
gotMLK7 wrote:Name: Fiona Scarlet
Appearance: Image
(Crappy image quality, but that^)
Description: Young farm girl with a large temper. She gets angry a lot, and tends to beat the crap out of people. However, she is a fan of cute things, though she keeps it secret (before you ask, yes, I'm going for a tsundere character, sue me). She lives on a farm with her older brother Roy.
Weapon: Scythe
Weapon Description: Normal-A normal farming scythe, only half her size, with the number "57" etched onto it from a knife. Empowered-A tall scythe taller then Fiona herself with a gold skull spewing smoke and a large end for bludgeoning. The blade is black with the number and name of the beast engraved on it in white.

Orb Name: Necroblaze
Number: 57
Creature: Burnt skeleton
Description: A skeleton, completely charred black, aside from a golden skull. Moves in an almost puppet-like fashion. Can not only survive fire, but can spontaneously combust. When on fire, he moves much faster, while shrieking in a frenzy. He turns Fiona's farming scythe into the full-sized one. The blade can set itself on fire, and despite its large size, it can be easily picked up by the orb's holder (Fiona). The gold skull on it has smoke seering from its eyes and mouth usually, but when the blade is blazing, it shrieks out an incredibly hot blue flame, much hotter and more deadly then the blade's flames

There we go. BTW, is this a one-character-per-player RP, or are we allowed multiple?
Accepted, I'll make sure you're character is reachable in the first mission.

Also, for now, single apps will be used, but this is a subject to change.
DLA

Post by DLA »

Will post app as soon as I can get the picture. Reserved.
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Username: Mono-Kirisame
Name: Sepir Vinte (Female)
Appearance: Long Purple Robe, with a blue cape attached to the back. Long brown hair.
Description: Sepir was always a defender of Justice, so she decided to join the Holy Alliance. Defeats the evil, and when she is in normal conversations she is calm. In bad situations she tries to think what should be done next.
Weapon: Whip
Weapon Description:
Normally: A normal Whip.
Empowered: A vine with an wooden block as a grip. The vine itself has sharp Leafs attached to it, cutting many things.
Faction: Holy Alliance

Orb Name: Nevis
Number: 70
Class: Foliage
Creature: Slime
Description: A green slime which can form either into a Tree, blocking opponents attacks or into a leaf, which Sepir could use as a Shuriken.
It makes the whip longer and a little slimy. If the whip touches the Ground it goes through it.
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Username: Ikethelord3/$Fth

Name: Ignatius Flogarde

Appearance: Somewhat tall and particularly slender. His entire body is covered in clothes save for half of his face which reveals that he is Caucasian is and has rather fair skin. The other half of his face is covered in a blank white mask depicting half of a smiling face. Atop his head is a dark black hat with a wide brim, going outwards from the center. The foremost tip tapers to a point a good distance from the hat, hanging down somewhat. Around the middle bump in the hat where the head goes is a dark red sash, circling around it similar to how the sash circles a fedora. His long, black hair hangs out from the back of a hat, tied up into a neat ponytail. He wears a black suit, leaving the front unbuttoned to show the blank white shirt underneath, with red trimming to match the sash around his hat. Two white gloves adorn his hands and he also wears black dress pants and dress shoes. Around his neck hangs a long cape with a black outside and dark red inside.

Description: He was born and raised into a wealthy family. Nothing particularly significant happened throughout most of his life. He easily fit in with the high end class, going to glamorous and extravagant parties and balls. But something about all of it didn't sit well with him. Despite his life of safety, behind bodyguards and wealthy enough to hire any protection necessary, Ignatius couldn't get over how terrified he might be without it all. He pitied the poor citizens that lived around him, wallowing in debt and crime. He always felt that he should be able to use his wealth, his power, to help those lesser than him.

It was with this mindset that he came across Apollo, his orb. Apollo sensed his desire to help people deep in Ignatius' heart and proposed a solution. He'd lend Ignatius his power as long as Ignatius swore to fight for the good in the world, to hold back criminals and demons alike. It was, with this, that he designed his outfit and set out as a vigilante, him and Apollo striking fear into the crime as an anonymous vanguard who came to be known as the Crimson Watcher.

He's naturally very flamboyant and elegant in his actions, choosing to favor style and flavor over efficiency. He's incredibly overbearing and thinks very highly of himself. To him, the poor people around him are lesser beings although he isn't open about it. Despite his work as a vigilante and having little practical experience, he still feels himself to be highly skilled and will generally rush ahead of himself, even potentially leaving others behind, with determination that he can handle anything.

Weapon: A pair of elegant, jaggedly curved daggers. The blades are made of solid silver and the grips are wrapped in a dark red mesh.

Weapon Description: Is... there really a need for a weapon description field? Shouldn't it just be described in the weapon field?

-----

Orb Name: Apollo

Number: 17

Creature: A long ferret with dark red fur to match his element.

Description: A ferret that was attracted to Ignatius by their shared desires to rid the world of evil. It generally rests hanging around Ignatius' neck almost like a small, furry scarf. Despite his rather docile looks, his fur is actually incredibly hot to the touch. Through force of will, he can reduce the temperature of it on a person-by-person basis, meaning that it's fine to touch by Ignatius but it will likely burn anyone else touching it unless some sort of warning is given.

When activated to empower Ignatius' daggers, Apollo's entire body lights up and becomes completely consumed in fire, turning into little more than a cloud of flames. The flames run down Ignatius' arms and meld into the daggers, turning the silver into a bright crimson and causing the blades to become incredibly hot to the touch of anyone other than the wielder. Once this is done, the blades burn so intensely that they can even cut through materials as dense as other metals by melting straight through them.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
DLA

Post by DLA »

I'm currently debating whether I should have a male character or a female character, and I'm having a hard time deciding. Can someone help me decide?
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

Username: Wackyman
Name: Hyeja Vidina
Appearance: A young girl with heterochromia eyes (red and green) and short black hair. She dons a black school uniform which sports a white ribbon. The left sleeve of her uniform is ripped off.
Description: Hyeja was born in a secluded area not too far from a neighboring, peaceful town. Her family is heavily religious and her parents sheltered her from the harsh aspects of life. She was taught only of the peaceful and tranquil side of life, and as a result grew up ignorant of the world and its dark side. She has a bubbly personality and tends to be oblivious of her surroundings. She tries to find a peaceful alternative to everything, and will only fight if someone tries to shatter the happy world she lives in, whether it be with violence or words.

Her ancestor once held an orb in the war of 300 years past to bring harmony back to the world. When he passed away, the orb was kept as a family heirloom. Many family members tried to control the orb themselves but to no avail. When Hyeja was 9, she grabbed the orb from her parents' antique shelf and accidentally dropped it. A majestic white pheonix appeared to her in place of the shattered orb. Though neither spoke a word, an instant connection was made, due to the purity in both of their souls. When her parents learned of this, the reluctantly let their daughter keep the orb.

Whenever Hyeja had nightmares, she would hold her orb close to her, as the light penetrating from it made her feel safe. When she did, she would hear voice in her head. "The world calls for us." Eventually, these words reached her, and she realized she had to go see the world as her orb requested. One day after school, she impulsively gathered some non-perishable foods, her orb, and the bow she liked to use to hit apples and left for the open world. Being unaware of anything in the world besides what happened in her hometown, she had no idea what to expect.
Weapon: Bow and arrow
Weapon Description: The bow is carved from oak wood and the arrows have no special characteristics. When infused with the orb, her bow turns white and her arrows glow with a heavenly light and do more damage

Orb Name: Shushienae
Number: 67
Class: Holy
Creature: A majestic white pheonix
Description: Getting too close to this bird will cause a blinding light to engulf anyone's vision. It also has healing abilities, healing the wounds of its user. It can also shoot white flames from its beak at enemies. The more it uses these abilities, the weaker they get, until Shushienae loses all of her strength and turns to ash, effectively turning back to an orb. There is a large cooldown period as to when the orb can be used again, but when it is, the abilities are back to their original strength.
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Mono-Kirisame: Accepted

Wackyman and Ike: If you read the OP (under factions), it says that citizens are only applicable after game starts. I'm only allowing Got's character to slide since I'm going to have her be an important character in the first mission/assignment.