RP: On the Run - Operation Lorianne (Chapter 1)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

RP: On the Run - Operation Lorianne (Chapter 1)

Post by Broocevelt »

Operation Lorianne

Current status: Chapter 1
What is it about?
Spoiler : On the Run: Operation Lorianne :
2022, a year in the middle of the era that defines the human race with progress and prosperity. An era that shows a society reborn from its ashes like a phoenix. Or does it...? After a worldwide reaching war of 5 years reminiscent of the first ever World War broke out in 2016, the United States of America has become the most targeted country in the world. The small city of Lorianne in Nevada (This is a fictional city) has been designated as the core of the terrorist actions against the USA. After months of tension and conflicts, the government decided to quarantine the area and detain everyone in said city until further notice, regardless of their age, gender, occupation, and origin. Every single communication with the outside of the city has been cut and the access has been blocked, the world is horrified to witness such events unfold.

MDFs (Mass Detention Facilities, great buildings of almost 2km² that can hold up to 75.000 people) have been built in the town to hold the people in place. There are exactly 4 MDFs: The North and South MDFs, and the East and West MDFs. In these facilities, the population of Lorianne has been locked up under the supervision of the US army, just like it would have been done in regular prisons, and if needed, they could be executed...

2 days have passed since the quarantine, people are already in despair after the thrilling measures that have been taken; hope fades away from the people of the humble city that is Lorianne. Nothing can be done to save their lives, until one of the DSDs (Detention Sub-division Group) decides that it is still not too late to act...
Why am I creating this?
Spoiler : Dan's explanation :
RPs ar something that really attracted me in some way but I could never get to play one properly, probably because of the settings they all were in. I've always wanted to play an RP in a dark/serious setting, maybe like in 999 or Heavy Rain. For that purpose, I decided to make an RP like that myself! So here it is, I don't think I may get many people to sign up, but it could be interesting to play this. I will sure have fun!
How does this RP work?
Spoiler : Instructions :
As most of the RPs, we will make the story progress as we feel! There will be some freedom and some limitations in the mechanics of the roleplay. The story will advance by chapters, and there will be a prologue in which all the starting characters will meet each other and the setting will be described.

· First, the setting. The setting is the real world in a near future, which means we can have hi-tech elements and some slight futurism. However, fantasy content will be very limited in the roleplay. There can be some slightly supernatural elements of course, but we should keep being loyal to the original setting.

· As for the characters themselves, they begin in a Detention Facility, so it would be really hard for them to be in possession of many objects that could be of help. Limitate yourself and the starting character item-speaking. :) You can present a short backstory/Description for your character in your applications, but you can develop a deeper backstory if you feel like it, and even relate yourself to other protagonists unbeknownst to them. Just don't abuse too much of the last point ;)

· Those are the restrictions, but here is something that can give us some freedom:
There won't be any 'narration leader' (Except in some slight cases or particular plot points that have been slightly planned or thought of), all the characters can describe locations, characters and other elements that will appear during the progress of the storyline. Do not take advantage of this freedom to god-mod, listen to the other players and introduce the elements slowly.

· Having more than 1 character. It is possible to have multiple characters in this game and to make them interact with each-other and with teammates. However, it is recommended to stick with only one character. It gives more of a personal touch to them.

· Writing as non-protagonists. In order to make the story progress smoothly but steadily, we may put ourselves in the shoes of a non-protagonist character. That means if a secondary character appears, he can be led by different players, as long as they keep the guidelines they use for their own characters. They can lead dialogues, actions, decisions, etc...

· Users can enter their characters whenever they want. The story may involve the protagonists finding new characters little by little during their path for freedom. Because of this, any user that wishes to can apply for their own character. However, the character won't be introduced until the current group of players reaches a point in which it is coherent to encounter a new character. Note that some exceptions may be made.

The respect of the mechanics will be passively moderated by a GM, currently Danielinhoni
Chapter List
Spoiler : Dan's explanation :
Character Applications
Spoiler : Data to fill in! :
Character Name (Username)

(Image if any)

Short backstory: Short description here, maybe the life of your character at Lorianne
Personality: We all want to know what kind of guy your character is!
Musical theme: (If any)

Favourite weapon: There will be action, so you better choose something now!

Notable details:
· Here you can list details that you would want people to know about
----------------------------------

Player Characters
Spoiler : Character List :
Non-Player characters (Added throughout the story)

· President Sean Leonnor of the USA
Ordered Operation Lorianne, lives in Washington D.C. Very popular and previously acclaimed by his people.
· General James Harvey
Executed Operation Lorianne in Nevada, currently leads the security department at Lorianne.
· Private Alex Kendal
Supervises DSD#12 at MDF East (The starting group)

· Alexander Daniels
A businessman who proposed Alice Roland in mariage before the war of 2016. He didn't make it to Lorianne before the quarantine.
· Anne Mendrief
Nathan Mendrief's sister, whose whereabouts are unknown to everyone for now. Probably in MDF North.
· The Vermilion Order
An anciently old gang that became a wider organization after the Dissarea brothers took over it.
· HADES
A cold-hearted secret organization whose intentions are good but actions are morally questionable.

Locations (Added throughout the story)
  • Lorianne
    A small city North-West from Las Vegas in Nevada. Has been quarantined to stop terrorist operations
  • Mass Detention Facility EAST
    Large building located on the Eastern side of Lorianne. Here is detained almost a quarter of Lorianne's current population, along with tourists and other foreigners from outisde of Lorianne.
  • Mass Detention Facility NORTH
    ???
  • Mass Detention Facility SOUTH
    ???
  • Mass Detention Facility WEST
    ???
  • Storage Warehouse
    ???
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: RP: On the Run - Operation Lorianne (Sign-ups!)

Post by gotMLK7 »

I was JUST thinking today how there didn't seem to be any mods RPing. This must be fate. Expect an app very soon.
I should really stop signing up for all these RPs, but RPing is slow lately, so screw it, I'm joining.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Sleuth
Spoken languages: English

Post by Sleuth »

Spoiler : :
Damn you Dan. You force me to join yet another roleplay.
If only because I'm a fan of dark, moody places and such.

I'm tired, though, and this thing that passes for a brain inside of my head is not willing to work, so Application tomorrow. Maybe.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Spoiler : App :
Character Name: Alice Roland (gotMLK7)

Appearance: Currently no image because my hotel wi-fi is very meh and won't let me use my usual site or upload attachments, so I'll have to describe her. She has short, pinkish hair, with bangs on the left side of her face drooping past her chin. She wears a small, red scarf around her neck, and a dark bluish-green coat (sleeves rolled up, goes down to her knees) over a white, sleeveless shirt and a pair of blue jeans. She has a gold star earring on her left ear, and her eyes are orange. Much of this is subject to change.

Short backstory: Alice had a decent childhood, being raised by a farmer who was surprisingly succesful for his career. Before the quarantine, Alice was proposed to by her boyfriend of five years, a businessman named Alexander Daniels. However, only a week later, he had to leave to help some relatives in Vermont who were suffering in the war, leaving Alice by herself in Lorianne. The quarantine took place before he returned. Now seperated from her fiance, Alice is determined to not only find him, but to get the heck out of Lorianne and, if possible, America.
Personality: Alice is surprisingly calm about the quarantine. Though she is desperate to reunite with Alex, she hides it well. She is very peppy and happy, and can lighten up many situations. However, when things get VERY serious, she straightens up and gets much more tense.
Musical theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yklYElgO ... ure=relmfu

Favourite weapon: Her personal Kusarigama (chain-sickle). Basically, it's a steel sickle with a chain at the end of the handle. The other end of the chain has a small but heavy iron weight on it. Alex brought it home from a trip to Japan, knowing she was proud of her farming heritage, and she learned to use it easily. She tends to keep it under her coat when necessary.
(If you can't tell, I have a tendency to pick obscure melee weapons in RPs.)
Last edited by gotMLK7 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Damnit got. I was going to do the whole "lost lover" thing.

...Meh, screw it, I'll still do it.
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Spoiler : Sign Up :
Christian and Shawn Dissarea ($Fth)

Appearance: Just above average height, Christian has a slender build and a very clean and posh appearance. His hair is incredibly tidy, long enough for the bangs to reach just above his eyebrows before sweeping to the side, keeping them out of his face, while the back just reaches down to his neck. His face always a slight smirk on it but doesn't seem to express happiness so much as a smug superiority, his cold and perceptive eyes and otherwise steely features providing a particularly accurate summary of his personality.

His garb is incredibly strict, wearing only a tuxedo suit and appropriate dress shoes at all times. His posture, in line with his appearance, is also incredibly strict; a straight back, chin held high, hands casually behind his back unless needed, he is the very image of proper formal.

Shawn, on the other hand, stands in stark contrast, standing well over his brother's height (and above the height of most humans with ease). A practical giant of a man, Shawn's face sports incredibly blockish features yet still always a stupid grin across his face. Where his brother has the formality of a CEO, Shawn has the formality of a construction worker on a bad day. His dark, black hair is always in a messy mat on his head, and his eyes shows a disturbing mixture of genuine happiness and love for the world alongside an inexplicable blood lust and desire to crush those around him.

His clothes are generally always the same as it is hard to get proper clothing for one his size. He wears a massive, white, sleeveless shirt across his gargantuan torso, showing off his almost gorilla-like arms, and a pair gigantic denim jeans and steel-toed boots.

Short backstory: Shawn and Christian were both born to an absolutely normal family. They did normal family things and were close and whatnot. It all seems rather poorly explained but neither of them can really remember this time as it was incredibly short lived, so they were never really given the opportunity to get to know their own family. This was because their parents were both murdered while Christian was only 6 years old (and Shawn only 3). A small gang, known only as The Vermilion Order, had deemed their parents proper targets of a good, old-fashioned mugging. However, none of the members seemed entirely committed to the idea, they were really just a fledgling group of people that felt they would be cool if they formed a gang with dreams of being a criminal syndicate.

It was, however, with weak hearts that they couldn't find it in themselves to kill the two crying kids, Christian and Shawn. Over-ridden with grief and guilt, they took them in with them and basically forced them to be honorary members of the Order as they simply couldn't think to do anything else. This, however, was their biggest mistake. The two siblings grew older and grew into the gang with the ease and malleability one can only find in a clean slate, a child. Christian showed a shocking level of intellect and understanding of situations while Shawn showed insane muscle growth and quickly became a very solid choice for "doing the dirty-work" in operations. The fleeting members of the group were all particularly proud, as twisted as it is, that their proteges were coming up so swimmingly.

But it was only a matter of time until the coup happened. The two Dissareas, being merely in their teens (19 and 16 respectively), became bloodthirsty with revenge, murdering each and every one of the men that killed the parents they barely got to know. But, that was only the beginning. They were still members of the Order, even if they had just killed some of the oldest and highest ranking members. Christian, using his sharp wit and tactics, and Shawn, using his sheer strength and intimidation, completely took over the organization, however small it was, and ushered it into a new era. An era of shadows and flawless precision. The Order seemingly dropped off the map. Nobody seemed to care as it wasn't much of a force in the first place. But it was still there; and it became stronger than ever under the leadership of the two brothers.

To this day, little people are even aware of the Order's presence, but it's web of members is shockingly large, kept under tight wraps and at the very fingers of Christian Dissarea. That is, until the facilities came about. The organization wasn't hosted in Lorianne, to be fair. It wasn't anywhere near Lorianne and I sure as hell won't tell you where it is, but Christian and Shawn were both in the city at the time, on particular business that I also won't bother to detail as it would make them very wanted men. Their presence in the facility is not understood by any of the inmates seeing as their position as leaders of the shadow organization that nobody even knows about in the first place is kept secret. All that is known is that two brothers - an average, scrawny one in a stuck-up suit, alongside a complete monster of a man who is always at his side - have appeared in MDF East and, through a showing of brute strength and cunning backstabbing, have made the place their personal playground.

Personality: Christian is, without a doubt, a complete prodigy. Seemingly a genius of the highest degree with an expert understanding of almost anything that comes in the line of murdering people in the middle of the night and overthrowing enemy organizations. He's cold, calculating, and incredibly egotistical. His passion for human life is almost non-existent, seeing those around him as little more than pawns. The only exception to this rule is his brother, who he regards with fondness.

In contrast to this, Shawn is a complete moron who can never seem to say the right thing but makes up for it with an insane amount of dedication to the gang and, more importantly, his brother. If Christian gives the word, Shawn will personally break your neck at a moment's notice. Where Shawn generally gives off the impression of a loveable oaf, his failure to understand anything complex and his penchant for adorable creatures and otherwise just being a awkwardly nice guy, he turns into a killing machine at the drop of a hat when it's demanded of him. His regard for life is still there but completely smothered by a insatiable desire to make sure his brother's plans don't fall out. Don't get on his bad side.

Musical theme: Buckethead - King James

Favourite weapon: Christian owns a simple pocketknife with particularly long blade. When being moved into the facility, he paid off a guard to not be inspected, allowing himself and his brother to maintain everything on them that would be confiscated. The knife was the only thing, though, to be fair.

Shawn's favorite weapon is none other than his bare hands and brute strength. His ridiculous body size might not make him a hard target to HIT but he can take practically anything you throw at him in moderation. Shawn has lived through things from bullets to stab wounds and still managed to recover to full health before too long.

Notable details: As stated, they're both in MDF East and have established a reputation for their brutality, securing themselves as sort of "Kings" among the prisoners.
Last edited by $Fth on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
Broocevelt

Post by Broocevelt »

Yay we have sign-ups! Also the story will start off at MDF East, you're going to write your side of the story until you meet up with the group? I'm asking to know if you're going on your own or if it's a misunderstanding xP I guess we can choose whether to start off at MDF West or MDF East then.

Anyway here's my own character application!
Spoiler : Nathan Mendrief :
Nathan Mendrief (Danielinhoni)

A tall and blond-haired man with blue eyes and a light purple suit. Wears long trousers of a darker purple shade, and black shoes.

Short backstory: Nathan was born in the East coast. He always had a normal childhood, and was an ambitious little kid. When finishing high school, he decided that he wanted to understand the mind of the human and why such things happen in this world. Nathan studied his career to become a psycologist, and after finishing his studies short after the War of 2016 began, he moved to Los Angeles with his little sister, Anne.

Overwhelmed by the city's ambience, he decided to move somewhere else but still near Las Vegas; he then decided to move to Lorianne, a city with reputation of being peaceful and lovely. He and his sister Anne had a calm life at Lorianne, until the quarantine arrived. When Operation Lorianne was executed, Anne was shopping near the Northern District. As for Nathan, he was at home in the Eastern District. They were seperated when the population was taken to the MDFs. Now Nathan only wants one thing: find his sister, and escape from chaos.

Personality: Nathan is an understanding men, having much empathy with others. He can be easily spooked by most of the things, but he knows how to rationalize. Despite being extremely cautious and thinking before acting, he will be determined to do anything required to reach his goals. He tends to try to speak for everyone too often, which can sometimes make him a little annoying.

However, if brought to his limits, he can be somewhat selfish and only care about himself and his future. He appreciates his life over all other things and wouldn't let it go, no matter the consequences.

Musical theme: 'Sartor' from Trauma Team

Favourite weapon: Any kind of handgun or knife he can find (preferably knives, since Nathan has never fired a handgun).

Notable details:
· Tends to stray out of the current topic, but quickly corrects himself
· As a proof of his selfishness, he often makes suggestions that only benefit him
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Spoiler : OOC :
I hadn't noticed that the starting group would be in East. Edited.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

So we can assume the apps so far have been accepted, right?

Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Damn it Dan! I'm already running on IOU's for RP signups, and then you slap down this irresistible thing!

Damn-it-Damn-it-Damn-it.

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
Broocevelt

Post by Broocevelt »

Spoiler : OOC :
Yes, the applications so far have been accepted. I am going to add them to the main post ;)
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

.........Damn you Dan. You know anything that has the words Heavy Rain in any part of it's OP is something I HAVE to join.

Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

I love how many people say "D*mn you, Dan" to open up their posts. I'm detecting a future AAO meme here.

Broocevelt

Post by Broocevelt »

3 people in a row, I was thinking *exactly* the same actually xP
Oh well I'm seeing the "Damn you Nate" 's coming :P
gotMLK7

Post by gotMLK7 »

Well, I'll probably spread "D*mn you Dan" anyway. xP
How many chararacters are you hoping for before you decide to start the in character posting, anyway?