RP: Demon Channeler [OOC]

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Wolf Speaker
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Re: RP: Demon Channeler [OOC]

Post by Wolf Speaker »

Well... he is a character from another series... I haven't played Nocturne, either, so I can't judge how well he would even fit the bill. I'd prefer if you picked another demon.

EDIT: This does take place in Japan, but it's based on SMT, sooooo your character can have funky hair/eye colours if you want them to. Just letting you all know.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
deHughes
Spoken languages: English

Post by deHughes »

Hnnnnng, power blacks out as this goes up. Super fast write app on iPod go.

Edit: I see reserves. I make one. I hate trees.
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Spoiler : Application :
Name: Shizuka Nagasaki.

Appearance: Shizuka stands at just slightly above average height. Her black hair is in a ponytail, and the front of her hair occasionally covers her left eye, though usually it doesn't. Her brown eyes usually have a hint of tiredness in them. Aside from that, she usually has a posture that makes her seem like she doesn't want to do anything. Combined with how tired her eyes usually seem, when looking at her, most people tend to get one of two impressions: They believe that she is either an overworked student that's handling too many responsibilities, or basically an extremely lazy person that needs to work harder. She has an average build.

To be honest, Shizuka doesn't particularly have a preference for clothing. She seems to have a fondness for the color red, but that's the only pattern. She's also a bit paler than most people.

Personality: If one needs proof that it's possible for someone to change drastically both for the worse and for the better, all they need to do is look at Shizuka. She's someone who is willing to give other people a chance to reform, because she herself has changed a lot. Currently, it's a bit difficult to describe Shizuka's personality, especially given that she herself isn't sure how to explain it. But what can be said about her is that she's a bit of a thrill-seeker, though not as much as she was just a few months ago. One could easily call her cynical and not be far off the mark, but she does occasionally show hints of idealism in her beliefs.

Given what she has been through lately, Shizuka is not sure how to react to other people attempting to befriend her. But she seems willing enough to at least try talking to the others. Her general demeanor brings to mind someone who's desperately looking for a purpose in life. She isn't exactly the happiest person ever, but she will occasionally make a joke. With how she usually acts, one could easily think that she's the kind of person who avoids hard work, but this isn't true. She knows exactly what it feels like to work hard for something, even if she hasn't done so in a while, and she intends to at least take her duties as a demon channeler seriously. However, she seems to be fascinated by the concept of Death, almost to a creepy degree. One could easily think that she's subconsciously suicidal.

In terms of wisdom, Shizuka is about average. She no longer excels in her studies, but she considers intelligence and wisdom to be two different things. She can actually be a responsible person if other people need to rely on her. All in all, she's quite the enigma. Only time will tell how her personality develops. Her reason for joining IT's is due to wanting a purpose in life.

History: Her history is one that reveals that she hasn't exactly had an easy life, but then again, a lot of people have hard lives. She was born to a middle-class family, but her father abandoned her family when she was only 5 years old. Those that knew Shizuka's father generally had a rather negative opinion of him, and so, Shizuka believes that her father abandoned the family for selfish reasons, perhaps due to lack of responsibility. Still, though her mother was now overworked due to having to raise Shizuka by herself, for a while, life was relatively normal.

Academically, Shizuka was first considered very talented, and most believed she had a bright future ahead of her. From a young age, she saw how happy it made her mother whenever she excelled in her studies, so for a significant period of time, she tried her absolute best when it came to academics, often forgoing sleep in favor of studying. That all changed at some point during middle school, when Shizuka's relationship with her mother became strained. Her mother was getting more and more stressed over time, and soon began blaming Shizuka for several of her problems, including casting blame on her about the fact that Shizuka's father had abandoned them.

Due to this, Shizuka eventually stopped caring about her studies. Those that knew Shizuka saw a rather sudden change. She went from a hard-working, relatively happy girl to one that no longer seemed to care about her own future. She began to resent her mother as well, going as far as to engage in dangerous thrill-seeking behavior just to spite her. This included putting her life in danger for little to no reason, and taking several drugs in secret, as well as regularly drinking alcohol. Obviously, this was illegal, but those few who knew she was acting like this were too afraid that Shizuka would do something drastic if they told the police about it.

For a while, this continued. It was only recently that Shizuka stopped this, and not necessarily by her choice. A member of IT's sensed Shizuka's potential as a demon channeler, and after some persuasion, Shizuka agreed to join them. In truth, she did this because she finally realized just how much she had screwed up her own life. She was in her final year of high school, and realized just how much her wish to spite her mother had basically guaranteed that she would live a bad life. This seemed like her final chance. Of course, it was discovered that she had been drinking and taking drugs under-age, so IT's also sent her on a rehabilitation program. One that she resisted, but mostly worked. She now limits herself to the occasional cigarette or glass of alcohol... Which, under Japanese law, is still illegal, but is much better than her previous behavior.

Naturally, Shizuka's mother didn't take this news well at all. But given their already strained-relationship, it wasn't like either of them opposed this. Shizuka doesn't plan on visiting her mother very often, for obvious reasons.

Familiar: Lachesis.

SMT Experience: I have played quite a few of the recent games, including Devil Survivor: Overclocked, and Devil Survivor 2.

Other random facts: Shizuka is fond of visual novels, has some strange hatred for the game of Chess, and she can play the piano to a slight extent.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Wolf Speaker

Post by Wolf Speaker »

Truf, there's no rush. Did you read what I wrote? It's not first come, first serve. Don't rush your app.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

I shall be joining this. Reserved.
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

deHughes

Post by deHughes »

Spoiler : Character App :
Name: Hikaru Kyouso

Appearance: Hikaru is a bit shorter than average, standing at about 5'6". He has a thin, weak frame with no real muscle mass on his body. Hikaru looks extremely weak, as if he has never worked out a day in his life, and that much is true. He is extremely pale and is very frail looking. Judging by looks alone, he would be the type to run at the first chance he gets. He weighs around 120 pounds. His face is youthful and extremely well kept, with not a single blemish ruining it. His expression tends to be gentle and relaxed. He has short green hair which rises slightly as it comes to his forehead. He has bangs which run to his eyebrows, but are only on the sides of his face. The middle of his forehead is clean of any strands of hair. He tends to slouch and carry a happy smile on his face, yet is mellow and relaxed. Biggest mannerism is keeping his hands stuff as far down in his pockets as they will go.

Hikaru likes to wear loose clothes that expose his body to the open air. He tends to wear light coloured tanktops and v-neck shirts. Baby blue or a beige, ideally. Baggy cargo shorts of either camo green or a beige. Winter months tend to see him in darker clothes. Black jackets over his v-necks and jeans are common.

Personality: If Hikaru's personality were to be described in one word it would be "uninterested." While the vibe given by the word may not immediately run to how he acts, it applies in a great number of ways. Hikaru tends to be extremely relaxed and vaguely unenthusiastic regarding almost all situations. Even when in training and battle, Hikaru is rarely seen to have determination or wear a "game face." He merely drifts along wherever circumstances take him with his hands stuffed in his pockets and a small content smile adorning his face. This leads to him being seen as never taking situations seriously and almost appearing to be a clown to some. That is not the case, however, as he does take situations seriously and do his best to make sure jobs are done efficiently and without fault. It just may not look that way to those who don't know him. This also leads to his attention drifting out to spot things that are usually inconsequential and random. Also cracks jokes that may or may not apply to anything at seemingly random times.

Currently, Hikaru is shifting through a stage of not really caring about the future. He is at peace being a drifter with no dreams of a career or family. The only real hope he has is that he sorts himself out of this drifting funk by the time he reaches 20. But for the next two years, meh, whatever. Hikaru likes to see others laugh and loves to make people feel content and relaxed. He will gladly go and help others in any way he can in order to see them take a moment to relax, unwind, and smile. He is very aware that people have sides that they don't want to make public, and is content with letting them stay that way. The way he sees it, people want to reveal about themselves and he won't push them for more than that. While he will try to do as much work as he can, he is very unfamiliar with doing labour bearing tasks and gets frustrated easily from them. In these cases, he will force his smile up and complain either under his breath or in his thoughts. Hikaru is used to others doing lots of work for him, and going through, compared to demon attacks, rather small suffering. This has left him feeling spoiled and not deserving of the help. In order to make amends, he will quickly hop at the chance to help others in any way he can. This is why he joined IT's.

Hikaru hates feeling weak, helpless, having to admit he needs help, rebellion, and apathy. Ironically, he suffers from all of these. His most passionate hate, and one of the only things that can bring a very determined, very angry glare to his face is people who see others as below them, or unimportant. Those who do not raise a finger, or sacrifice a dollar from their massive horde, to help those less fortunate than them. If Hikaru sees this kind of attitude, don't expect jokey relaxed Hikaru. Expect the cold, bitter fury of a demon to come blasting you in the face with multiple punches. If Hikaru can get away from it without too many consequences, at least. Otherwise he'll just quietly judge and hate you. A lot.

History: Hikaru comes from a very wealthy family who own a large corporation with wide influence in Japan. This had Hikaru grow up in a very large mansion with little responsibility aside from the expectation of inheriting the company. All house work was to be done by staff. All physical work was to be done by staff. All social work was to be neatly arranged by staff in order to ensure that it furthered Hikaru's ability to take over the company. However, this had the exact opposite effect that his parents intended it to have on the young boy. He grew bitter and resentful of his family and everything they stood for and everything they did. With each passing year, he saw how the family's staff was overworked and underpaid, and how he was unable to live a normal life. He simply sat inside, expected to work towards being a perfect heir. When IT's approached Hikaru's family with the possibility of him working with them, they were instantly shot down by his parents. They would not have him fighting around when he had a company to run.

But Hikaru saw this as his chance to live a better life, a life he wanted to live for years. He wanted to help others in a way that no one could. He wanted to take the turn of being the servant. He stopped the IT's agent before he was forced off the property and got his number. In the night, he phoned the agent and snuck out from his home, heading out to IT's against his family's wishes to fight for the greater good.

Familiar: Gui Xian (more commonly called Genbu, but is known as Gui Xian in DeSu)

SMT Experience: Kinda the biggest fan of the series on the site, so totally not. Never.
Short history because I don't feel like wall of texting right now. Will go back and cover it in more detail at some later date. Probably make it a lot more personal.

Edit: Changed the age to fit with Genbu more. Just look up "Black Tortoise" on wikipedia to see how it relates. Also, question, how does fighting with our familiar work exactly? Do we have a set stat and spell list? Make stuff up as we go? This a later part of the app that isn't covered atm?
Last edited by deHughes on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
Wolf Speaker

Post by Wolf Speaker »

Looking good there! Though you using another character's face doesn't sit well with me, sorry. I'd prefer if you would come up with your own description. Or at least take the time to describe the features yourself.

And with Ike and Wacky, looks like you guys really will be fighting for spots... oh boy. I hope I can do this right. >_>
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Just drop my spot. Computer, homework, and the rest of my life have decided to screw me over.

I'm done.
Wolf Speaker

Post by Wolf Speaker »

:/ I'm sorry to hear that, Sleuth. Well, this does mean one extra spot for everyone else. Hopefully we'll RP together some other time.

EDIT: Wait... GD, Truf, Wacky, Ike, Parrie, Chaos. Am I forgetting anyone?
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
GuardianDreamer

Just posting to note that Truf edited that post to ask a question about how skills will work, and I'd like to know the answer too.
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Wolf Speaker

Post by Wolf Speaker »

We won't have stats, since that'd be too complicated. You're free to make your character stronger/faster/better at magic/more enduring, though, of course. Fighting with your Familiar is basically like when Io channeled Lugh. You don't need to summon it every time either. It's shown in canon that there can be leftover power from the last time you channeled (aka the residue spoken of in the text). So you can be creative as to how your character utilizes that power. Feel free to go all glowy and stuff. You have the basic spells at your disposal (Agi, Zio, Bufu, Dia, etc.), though your character can only use two of them for now. Sorry for not mentioning this earlier.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
GuardianDreamer

Two of the basic spells, huh? Do we need to choose right now? I guess Shizuka will probably use Zan as one of her basic spells (If for no other reason than because Lachesis has an innate Wind/Force spell in a few games).
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
Wolf Speaker

Post by Wolf Speaker »

Well, it would make more sense if you picked spells that work with your Familiars. But you don't need to choose now. Depending on what you feel like doing in the first few posts, you can pick then.
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack
- Baby-Doll Eyes

Mr. Darcy - Lv.8
Pick Up

- Odor Sleuth
- Tackle
- Growl
- Defense Curl
- Flail

Allistair - Lv.9
- Tackle
- Dragon Rage
- Focus Energy
- Bite
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

If a spot opens in the future, I would love to join.
Wolf Speaker

Post by Wolf Speaker »

And we'd love to have you. :P
Shuìlián - Lv.9
Adaptability

- Helping Hand
- Growl
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Sand-Attack