Whodunnit? (Solution out)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Whodunnit? (And then there were none ...)

Post by kwando1313 »

Check 555 and 579.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Post by Evo »

Kwando: You find some textbooks.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

err... 537, 539, and 527?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
percey
Spoken languages: English

Post by percey »

Go to the attic and read the textbook in locker 579.
Spoiler : :
...helloooo? Evolina?
There wasn't a signature fad/meme/whatever here, what are you talking about?
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Uhh... >.<

percey
Spoken languages: English

Post by percey »

Oh boy this round is getting slow.
There wasn't a signature fad/meme/whatever here, what are you talking about?
Evo

Post by Evo »

Sorry ...
I'll post the solution soon.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

No solution?

Evo

Post by Evo »

The killer wins.
One of the ghosts got really close though, so you might call this an unofficial ghost victory.
Solution
Spoiler : Hidden things :
Found:
Classroom 02: Storage room key in the trash can
Library: Science room key in a book called "The Key to Science", detective novel called "The Knifegun Double Murders"
Men's bathroom: SMT shipping wall in a cabin
Women's bathroom: Graffiti in a cabin (TRASH21, yatagarasu drawing, knifegun drawing, 殺人)
1F hallway: Office key in the glass case
Office: Heavy golden keyboard in the box below the "Turnabout" files
Teachers' room: Music room key and drawing of a violin in a handbag
Classroom 12: Sword hidden in a broomstick
Music room: Incendiary device and a remote in the piano
Art room: Map of the location of the keys in the closet
Attic: Pocket knife under a cardboard box

Found by the killer using secret actions:
Storage room: Duct tape in a cardboard box (hidden under the broken tools etc.)
Classroom 14: Chewing gum and a shoe in the trash can
Classroom 21: Note saying "593" under a desk, small key in the trash
2F hallway: Kay's textbook, knifegun (can only be used if you've read "The Knifegun Double Murders" and chemistry shelf key in the locker with the number 593

Not found:
Classroom 11: "Look for paper" written on the mirror
Men's bathroom: Money in a cistern (the currency, not the monkey)
Spoiler : Identity of the killer :
The killer is Blackrune. The accomplice is Guardian Dreamer.
Spoiler : Sponge's murder :
My first target shall be sponge.
This murder will be simple.
GD will come down and open and close the classroom 01 door to make it seem like someone left.
After that we'll go to the men#s bathroom and knock out sponge. We'll use a sink to drown him.
After that we put him on a toilet (if there are some with doors, at least close it.) and leave.
On his way back up GD will open and close the classroom 01 door again.
Spoiler : Twi's murder :
Alright this will be a little more complicated. First, we go to the basement again, opening and closing the door of classroom 01 again. We knock out both Twigav and percey by smacking them again the wall.

percey... we just carry him into the women's bathroom, carefully apply some water to his face without waking him up, and lock him up in a cabin the same way as sponge.

Twigav... he's the actual victim. We carry him into classroom 2.
Now this is where it gets complicated. We'll use the sink (that is in each classroom, I think?) to drown him again, and beat him up a little with chairs. We bury him under some.
Then we set up a huge chair pyramid near the door. The chair nearest to the door is positioned so that the back is facing the door. I fold two of my sheets of paper once, so that they're long rectangles, and won't rip that easily , and put them under two legs of that chair, so that they also go under the (still open enough so we can slip out) door.

...(if you can't somewhat follow me, pause the game for today and I'll attempt to draw it xP)

We turn on the sink so that it slowly fills but won't flood the classroom just yet.
Then we go outside, and I carefully pull both sheets of paper so that the chair moves hopefully being positioned so that it blocks the doorhandle. When I pull the papers further through the door after that they'll just slip out, not leaving a trace behind. Since the moved chair now doesn't support the chair pyramid on that side anymore, they'll all fall in that direction, further blocking the door anyway.

(I tried this, it works... Well, I didn't try it with another chair supporting a chair pyramid on top of the moved chair, but it should be possible to move a little, breaking the pyramid.)

The ideal outcome is that one chair blocking the handle and the other chairs creating sufficient support against weak attempts to break down the door.

The sink we left on isn't random, it's supposed to wet the floor afterwards, and the paper trick obviously won't work with wet paper. It's to make it less likelier to consider that trick.
After all that, we return.
Spoiler : DLA's murder :
My target has to be... DLA.

Here's how this will go down:
GD will go to the office, which I left open, and take one of the longest computer cables. He'll also fetch a chair from a nearby classroom, doesn't matter. He'll use that to knock out Singi. He'll put the chair into classroom 13 and take a chair from there to the classroom he took the original chair from. He'll return and strangle DLA with the cable to the point of unconsciousness.

He will remove DLA's shoes to prevent drag marks and drag him into the teachers' room. He'll position him with his head on the window frame and put the cable around the neck with both ends hanging out the window. He'll then sneak to the library door and makes some creepy cratching noises. While kwando is creeped out I quietly open the window and pull on both ends of the cable (it's 3m long, windows are 1.5m above ground, should be possible) This will strangle DLA to death... no other option. The windows don't open far enough for him to fall out, after all. I'll use my gum to glue all my secret items to the cable.

After I'm done and closed the window again GD goes back up, closes the window, and puts DLA on a chair next to the door. He'll put the shoes back on. Then he returns the cable to its previous location. He'll use Singi's keys to lock the teachers' room. Then he'll put all the secret items he received via the cable and all the keys he took from singi into the locker I have access to and locks it, obviously. He'll keep a bit of gum to glue the locker key to the wall outside the window of classroom 21. (I doubt anybody will ever check there.)
Spoiler : Reyson's murder :
GD will pick up a chair and knock Remilia, Singi, Mono, and Reyson out on his way down to the basement.
After Singi is knocked out I follow him. We carry Reyson up the the 2F hallway and I fetch the knifegun from the locker.
I'll stab him in the chest once and insert the attic key, making it look as if the key was used to stab him. We then carry him into the science room and lock the door. Then we return everything to where it was, blackout over.
Spoiler : Mono's murder :
Mono has to dieeeeee.

And... damn, Singi barricaded the room where my locker key is hidden. Now my plan doesn't work.
Oh well, GD knocks Mono out and fetches the duct tape from the storage room. Assuming the storage room door was broken down, he can enter without touching the glue. He duct tapes all doorknobs, making it possible to touch all of them again and therefore countering the glue. :P
Then I leave the science room and tie Mono up again, strangling him to death in the process. We go to classroom 13 and duct tape him to the ceiling right above the door, if possible. The duct tape will be taped to the outside wall of the window of classroom 22.
Spoiler : Singi's and Shadow's murder :
Alright, back to serious business.

I'll teach them that hiding from me is futile.
Singidava is exactly where I wanted her. I never said I closed the window after removing the locker key. So it's still open, enabling me to pull the following MacGyver:

I'll get two brooms, from whereever. Classroom 13 and 14 if possible.
I'll carefully smash the mirror in classroom 13, making sure to obtain a reasonably large piece of it.
The rest will be disposed through the window.

I duct tape the two brooms together so they form a T-shape. I'll duct tape the knifegun at the end of one of the two arms at the top (it's aiming the same direction as the base of the T, so to the top if looked at from the normal perspective). Then I fetch a cable from the office, put it through the trigger-hole, and tie it. I maneuver the cable through the base of the T-shape, putting it inside the head of the broom so it can't fall out to the side later. I'll use GD's chalk to somewhat draw a crosshair on the mirror piece. Then I duct tape it to the gun in a 45 degree angle, making sure the middle of the crosshair is on the height of the gun barrel.
Now, I hold this construction at the end of the remaining of the two arms of the T-shape, so that the gun is at the top. I the other hand I hold the cable, making sure it still goes through the now horizontally positioned base. Kind of forming a triangle with the upper part of the T.

Alright, now I stretch and hold all of this out of the window of classroom 11. The window is open, so I should be able to get a view into the room. I'll look from below, using the mirror to aim at Singi pretty precisely. (leaving this up to chance probably wouldn't have been allowed anyway.) If she isn't facing the right direction I'll carefully make a small knock on the window so that she hopefully faces that direction. Then I pull the cable, which should pull the trigger.
Oh, I'm aiming for the head. Third time's the charm~

After that I get off the knifegun again and cut the remeining duct tape. I'll throw the brooms and mirror out the classroom 13 window.

---

SECOND KILL:

Meanwhile GD conveniently knocked percey and Sleuth out with his trusty chair. Percey will be carried to the very same toilet he was hidden on during the second blackout again. Same closing method, too. I fetch the poison and apply it to some of the glass shards of the noticeboard I broke earlier. Those will be duct taped to the doorknob of classroom 01 by putting the duct tape with the sticky side facing outside on it, then applying the shards. (I can also use duct tape to prevent myself from getting cut.) I will hide near the stairs. Then GD will wake him up by puring some water on his face (use the sponge to carry it if you want to be that precise.), acting like a saviour and asking if he's alright. Why with water? Because later it might be a false clue making them think he was drowned. I will then fire a shot down the hallway. GD will say something like "OH MY GOD! RUN!" which should prompt him to escape to his usual hideout: classroom 01. At least I think that's a pretty reasonable reason to do so. He'll get himself cut and poisoned on the doorknob, but will proceed to run into the room and barricade it up. Grinning, I remove the shards and hide them in the locker. Sleuth will die a slow death from poison inside the room.

Return everything else(mainly knifegun, duct tape) to where it was, end of blackout.
Spoiler : Remilia's murder :
I'll make this one simple.
I get my stuff from the locker and stab Remilia. We carry him to the attic, shoot a window, and throw him out, trying to make him land face down.
Spoiler : Kwando's murder :
It's kwando's turn to die. He got pretty far for this being his first game. Annoying chicken~

First I meet up with GD in the hallway and get whatever I need from the locker as usual, in this case the gun. Then it's time for some shenanigans in front of kwando's door.
I'll run down the hallway and ask him to open up, while GD pretends to threaten me with a weapon (his rattle) from behind. Clearly having had absolutely no doubts about my alibi from earlier, kwando sees no reason to decline despite being such a chicken. They have their clear "'cept Rune" hint, I'd say that's good enough of a reason for him to do that.
I hide the knifegun behind my back. Once he opens up GD pretends to knock me out and aim at kwando, but in reality I get down on purpose and shoot from there.

(this is mostly to confuse ghost theories, I have no clue of how much of this he will be informed in his death PM, so simply asking to open up then BAM would be too obvious. ^^")

GD will use the chalk to write the locker number on the floor in front of the room. (free hints! I'm getting soft.) This time, I hide the knife gun at the wall where I'm hiding the duct tape already... using said duct tape to do so. Then we switch the teachers' room key in kwando's pocket with the science room key we still had (right?) and lock the door from the outside after positioning kwando in the middle of the room on a chair, surrounded by a circle of chairs.
Then I go to the storage room and have GD knock me out there, leaving some cuts with the knifegun on my chin and some small wounds made with the tip of the knife on my back. (piercing through the clothes)
At the beginning, I also "hear" someone inside my room. (GD coming to meet up with me. Har har.)
Spoiler : Percey's murder :
Nothing too miraculous will happen so we can hopefully get somewhat done today.

I'll get the knifegun, stab percey, then cut his head off and throw it out the window. He had his chance to use it for theorizing, but didn't.
Then he gets positioned on the seat facing kwando. Return everything, blackout over.
Spoiler : Rune's murder :
I'll go to the storage room and use duct tape and a cable to make a trap on the door frame GD will stumble over in the next blackout. I'll put a lot of poisoned glass shard on the floor so that he is bound to fall into them and cut himself.

Then I go back to the teachers' room and shoot myself in the head after telling GD what to do during the next blackout (I won't mention it's a trap so it doesn't count as suicide. I also point out that he mustn't check out the storage room before that.). GD will use the gun to shoot me a few more times in the stomach. Then he'll hide everything where it was and pretend he heard nothing except the gunshots.
Spoiler : GD's murder :
Self-explanatory.
GD walks into the storage room and dies from falling into the shards.

And then there were none.
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Re: Whodunnit? (Solution out)

Post by Singidava »

Yay for unofficial ghost victory~! The obvious killer was obvious. If I had only lived a bit longer...!

But Rune... Did you really have to make all those needlessly complicated tricks? You could have just used gravity like I suggested! Your PMs were so long I got bored and didn't even bother reading them all~~ xDD
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Well that was almost too easy. I mean, technically the clues were all over the place.
Especially that key sheet which just happened to reveal that there was supposed to be a key in some rooms I visited before everyone else. I also got pretty lucky discovering the key for the locker, which just so happened to contain the key for the poison. And the fact kwando just handed me the exact book I needed to read in order to be able to use the knifegun was pretty hilarious.
Ghosts got pretty close there even though they didn't get the exact tricks. Gravity...? Now that's just silly. xP Same trick for each would have been lame, too.
And nobody figured out how to commit DLA's murder without leaving the library. :wellington:
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Hah! At least my solutios were far more plausible than your MacGyver stunts!
EDIT:
Btw, have you now considered long enough if you want to host that next round?
EDIT2:
And now I'm sore not only for locking me out, but also DARING to kill me just before the theory time!! You should be careful...
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

I wanted to get kwando, but the room below him (library) was locked at that time, so I was clearly FORCED to use my broom construction on you. xP
Who was the detective though?

I guess I can host the next one, if DWaM approves.
Feel free to sign up here.
Evo

Post by Evo »

Twi was the detective. He didn't get to perform any secret actions because you killed him too early ...

Sign me up for the next round.
Last edited by Evo on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

Blackrune wrote:
I wanted to get kwando, but the room below him (library) was locked at that time, so I was clearly FORCED to use my broom construction on you. xP
Who was the detective though?

I guess I can host the next one, if DWaM approves.
Feel free to sign up here.
*was the detective*

Thanks, Rune.

Also ZOMG SIGNING UP FOR RUNE'S WHODUNNIT
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.