Whodunnit? (Solution out)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Whodunnit? (Solution out)

Post by Evo »

This game is played between 8:00 PM and 11:00 - Central European Time, West African Time (UTC + 1)!
Let's face it. If you're on the Ace Attorney forums, you probably enjoy murder mysteries. Whodunnit, created by DudeWithAMask, is a game all about murder mysteries. Do your best to solve these murders. If you can. (Assuming you aren't already dead.) Don't worry - it's nothing too complicated.
Backstory
A group of former student plans to throw a party in the school they used to attend. They hide in the basement, while one of them "organizes" keys for them. At 6 PM, they are alone in the school and want to start the party. However, the person with the keys appears to have mysteriously gone missing before he could hand most the keys to the others, trapping them inside the school with someone planning to kill them all.

How It Works
Don't worry, it's nothing too complex. At the beginning of the game, the GM (me) will select the killer (obviously). Naturally, the other players will be oblivious to his existence. At the start of the game, you will also be provided with a map of the building where the game takes place which you will be free to explore. There are two possible ways for this game to be won:
The killer will win if he's able to kill all the other members without being caught.
The members win if they are able to pinpoint the killer.
Doors can be broken down if a majority of the living layers have voted and a majority of that majority vote to break the door down.
The killer's methods may range from locked rooms to a massacre. It's completely up to him/her. The killer will, however, PM me about the murder method and who he intends to kill. When that happens, a a blackout will occur. During this blackout, their characters will lose all track of their movements and their locations will be unknown to each other. The 'victims' for each blackout will be sent a PM 'You are dead'. (A bit anticlimactic, I know, but...) They will also be informed of any actions the killer might've wanted them to take before they get... uhm... hacked off. Once the killer selects you - that's it. You're done for. If he wants you to do something reasonable that will benefit his trick, you'll do it whether you like it or not. In other words, this could be used for some great manipulation by the killer. It's all a matter of creativity.

Being the killer offers you two benefits aside from that:
The killer gains the complete map of the building where the game takes place, including any secret passages, should they exist.
The killer gets to PM me of any secret actions (actions that other members will not be aware of, such as inspecting certain thing, taking certain things, etc.,etc.).

There's also a bit of an interesting condition for the innocent side - you win if you figure out the killer and if you are able to solve his crimes in entirety. In other words, if someone like Blackrune were to come along, and locked rooms started to pop up, you would still need to actually solve them. Can't accuse without proof!

Additional Rules
The GM has all the normal GM rights. If something goes wrong, the GM can fix it. For instance, if it turns out that there are way too many rooms, the GM can magically close some of them off.
This mystery cannot be solved without clues that are not presented! In other words, while you are playing as you, you still can't use clues another person found until he/she tells you about it.
The killer's must've at least seen tools he uses to pull off his kills. If he has seen them and taken them with him secretly, then he can just use them at the time of the killing. If he has seen it but not taken it, he has to incorporate how he was able to get the weapon in his description of the crime.
At the start of each round, I will select a player I will call the 'detective'. That person has the right to use three secret actions. (In other words, do something that the other players and the killer himself is unaware of.)
The killer has the right to select an accomplice. This accomplice does not have to be revealed in the revealing of the solution. This accomplice cannot kill.
This accomplice is allowed to stay alive at the end (in other words, the killer doesn't have to kill him).
The killler has 12 Hours to kill everyone.
Time won't move in real-time, obviously. (In other words, I'll decide when I believe time should move forward.)
From the start, the killer has the right for ONE blackout per hour.
When the clock reaches the 12th hour and the killer failed to kill everyone, the killer has lost. However! During this time, other members will be forced to make their choice of the killer and explain the mystery. Should their answer be incorrect, nobody wins.
During one blackout, the killer can only kill ONE person.
The killer is allowed ONCE per game to kill TWO people in one blackout.
The killer's actions MUST be possible within his physical limitations (you can't just get out of a locked room like a magician...)
Label your actions with green, please. It would make things much easier:

Code: Select all

[color=#008000][b][/b][/color]
All of the entrants, please keep your online status hidden while playing.
The culprit cannot pickpocket during the blackout.

Spoiler : Map :
Alive players

Players that died

- Superman IN COURT (died on the toilet)
- TwiGav (was buried under a pile of chairs)
- Detective Luke Atmey (was found sitting on a couch)
- Reyson (was stabbed with ... a key?)
- Mono? (missing)
- Singidava (was shot in a closed room)
- Shadowsleuth (died in his favorite hideout)
- Remilia Scarlet (was lying outside the building, dead)
- Kwando (being a chicken didn't save him from being shot)
- percey (decapitated in the teachers' room)
- Blackrune (was shot quite a few times)
Last edited by Evo on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:47 am, edited 109 times in total.
Remilia Scarlet
Spoken languages: English

Re: Whodunnit? Round 4 signups

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Signing up.
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

I'm in.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Well of course.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Beam Sign me up.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Aaaaah, I wanna participate the theory tiem this time around~! DD:
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Hey, never tried stuff like this, but why not. Sign me up.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Evo

Post by Evo »

I just found out that I won't be here tomorrow and on Friday (and probably not today either). So I can't start this before Saturday. However, I won't have much time then. Maybe 2 or 3 hours each day. I don't think this is enough. So someone else should be the GM ... maybe I can find another week during which I can do this, but probably not. I'm sorry.

/edit: If it's ok, I'd start the game on Monday. I can't announce anything yet, but there would be less time each day. The game would probably last about 3 hours instead.
You can still sign up, by the way. I'd like some more players.
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

I am not in, but I suggest this rule:

The detective can try to elaborate privately a theory of his own aside from his public theory, once per game.
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

I will sign up, but I won't be very active.
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

After a brief break from all of this, I think I'm ready to get back in. Fair warning, though. My activity level will probably be very random.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
The Fury Wraith
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by The Fury Wraith »

Due to the fact I'll be on vacation tomorrow, I may not be able to get the proper internet connection to participate. Therefore, if I do not post by monday in this topic after this post, it may be best to exclude me from this round.
Case made by me: Turnabout Retribution
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

Can I sign up? I'll try to be more active.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Missed this last time around. This time, it's mine!

...Yes, I'm joining.
Evo

Post by Evo »

Signups closed. The round will start on Monday. The playing time will probably be during 7 and 10, but it's not sure yet.

Dan's suggestions sounds good to me, although it isn't sure that the detective will be alive during theory tiem. What do you think?