The AAO D&D Experience (IC)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

King Pie
Spoken languages: English

The AAO D&D Experience (IC)

Post by King Pie »

All of you awake in a dark, wet room, naked all of your memories are rather fuzzy. There is puddles pooling around the walls and mold growing; around the water, on the walls, and upward surrounding some black, metal bars, close to the west side of the room is a gate, the gate looks very loose and has a very rusty lock on it. Outside the bars is another part of the room, there is some furnishings and two humanoids sitting around a small table playing cards and talking very quietly, one humanoid looks rather gruff and the other looks angry and is wearing robes.
Spoiler : :
Please do all OOC actions in spoilers: such as rolling dice, asking questions, etc.
Also if you guys wish you may assign your character a color to speak in, any NPC I have speak will use Bold for their speech
Last edited by King Pie on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go here alot
DAVE X PIE FOREVER
cooliodude
Spoken languages: English, French, Spanish

Re: The AAO D&D Experience (IC)

Post by cooliodude »

Zar woke up in a dark cell. The walls were wet and mossy. She moved her back off the wall and felt the cold humidity that rested upon it. The bars to the gate looked pretty solid but the gate itself looked a bit shaky and not as strong as it probably used to be back in its prime. Water was running down the walls so Zar decided to try and catch some of the liquid in her palms. She was quite thirsty so water was the only thing on her mind as soon as she woke up.

There was a slight pain in her head. She didn't know if it was from her head resting upon the stone walls behind her or if one of the guards that were probably around whacked her on the head. She didn't know how long she had been asleep and she didn't really care. When you're in a cell time doesn't really matter unless you're being executed. Zar didn't even remember why she had been brought here. She tried really hard to bring up the memory that was lodged deep inside her mind but it didn't want to surface. Zar got up off the ground she had been resting on. She got up a little too fast and received a massive head rush. It took her a moment to recover but eventually the feeling went away and her normal vision returned.

Zar's eyes adjusted to the dim light of the room. There were a few torches in the adjoining room that shed the flickers of light that trickled into the cell. Zar noticed that there were others in her cell, four others to be exact. She tried to look at the ears to see if they were elves but it was to dark to see that detail. She knew that they were not halflings as they were too long. She didn't know who they were so she didn't want to disturb them. She couldn't tell what they were doing, all she knew is that they were there.

Zar asked herself, sobbing, "Why am I here?"
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

~~Married to ZetaAzuel~~

Check out Cooliodude's Timeline for an awesome RPing experience.

Spicy lady farther down :D

I've always wanted to have some nice Yak butter tea with a nice steak with some toadstools and gravy on top

Creator of Mi Yung in Requiem of the Shadows
Creator of Yui Sung in The Haruhism game
Creator of Sawyer Wellington in Town of the Extraordinary
Creator of Gustovinik Smirkov in my RP, Shadow Brothers
Creator of John Rodney in my RP, Shadow Brothers
Creator of Miitock in my RP A Bloodline Crushed
Creator of Jean-Luc in the RP Endless Time

ImageImage
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

To say that Thea didn't feel good right now would be an understatement. Waking up with a headache, she was quickly alarmed by the fact that the room she was in was completely dark. Just what had happened, exactly? The more she tried to remember how she had gotten there, the greater her headache became, and she obviously wasn't getting any results from thinking about it. Maybe she had a case of short-term memory loss, then, as she could definitely remember who she was, as well as her past. It wasn't unreasonable to assume that she had been knocked out and taken here. The question was why.

Thinking about it, Thea realized that this was pretty similar to the way any story would start out. But that was probably not a good way to think. Even if she was a Bard, she wasn't what one could call idealistic, even if she often told heroic tales. Now though, she needed to focus, rather than let her mind wander. She noticed that she was not alone in this 'cell'. She had to wonder if the others would question who she was. She didn't exactly like revealing much about herself, and she had few friends, though admittedly, she did value the few friends that she did manage to make. But even then, her past was a mystery, something known only to her, and she planned on making sure it stayed that way.

"Well then, we've got an odd group here, don't we? The world can certainly be strange. Of course, that's a good thing." Thea whispered to herself, though in truth, she wasn't sure what the others were like. But she just assumed that they wouldn't be 'normal'. After all, if one were to define being normal as being like most people, then Thea wouldn't be normal at all. So in her own way, she was giving a compliment, but at the same time, she wasn't. How strange it was to think that.

Thea then attempted to get closer to the bars of the cell, trying to remain silent as she did so. She wanted to overhear the conversation the two people outside the cell were having...
So yeah. Intro post and an attempt to listen in on the conversation. Also, I might choose a color for Thea to speak in later, but for now, I'll just go with plain text.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
King Pie

Post by King Pie »

As Thea nears the bars the gruff humanoid sees her, It springs and quickly knocks her back from the door with his hand.
"Wouldn't want to damage the meat!" He spits at you as he pulls in to punch
As he leaves you get a fleeting glimpse of long pointy ears and a slight light reflecting off almond shaped eyes.
Go here alot
DAVE X PIE FOREVER
cooliodude

Post by cooliodude »

Zar heard someone get up and mumble to herself. The voice that spoke wasn't as deep as a man's voice so Zar assumed that it was a woman. The figure was probably on the other side of the cell for Zar could not see even an outline of the figure in the shadow. Zar looked on the floor and still saw a couple of beings lying there lifeless, probably asleep though. Sleep would probably be the best thing right now to get rid of this headache but Zar thought twice as probably the rock floor would make it worse. So Zar quickly shoved that idea away in her mind. She wanted to see what was beyond the bars in the next room so she moved a bit toward them.

Zar stopped moving as she a human female pop out of the darkness and move towards the bars. She was a very pretty looking human. Compared to Zar this woman was a giant. Her brown hair was placed in two sidetails that reached her shoulders. Zar never really saw a female human. There were always male merchants that passed by her village but never any women. Zar always found it curious. Zar could tell that this woman was probably a very fine specimen to her people, especially the male ones.

The human made little noise as she walked so Zar suspected that she wanted to do something secretive against the door. Zar wondered if the human had even noticed her. She didn't care if she did, she just wondered. The human reached the door and leaned against the door as if trying to listen. Soon after someone smacks the woman back and says "Wouldn't want to damage the meat!" The sound of someone spitting was heard right after and the man seemed to part back to his post.

Zar went over to the woman and said, "Hello my name is Zar. Do you know why we're placed in this cell like animals?" Zar then put out a hand for a handshake. "Isn't this what humans do as a formal acquaintance?" Zar asked, "Sorry, I'm not too familiar with human social rituals." Zar smiled at the woman. Zar tried to be as friendly as possible as that was her personality and she wouldn't be able to do an escape by herself so friends were a must have at this time.
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

~~Married to ZetaAzuel~~

I've always wanted to have some nice Yak butter tea with a nice steak with some toadstools and gravy on top

ImageImage
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Ezra was in no mood for talking right now. Scum surrounded him, and he was locked in a cage like a pathetic heretic. And worst of all, his items were gone; now he was locked in the darkness for no reason... And not wearing any clothes, either. Immediately his rage turned to shame, and his face burned red, and he quickly slunk away.

What is this place!? He thought, his mind burning with questions, as he wrapped himself in the corner, looking rapidly around. Someone had better explain before he got over his discomfort and decided to unleash some of Lord Unas's wrath upon the heathens who had entrapped him.
LIVE DARN IT. LIIIIIVE.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Well... Lercan wasn't sure how exactly he had managed to up here. He's been through quite some troubles in the past, but being locked up in an unknown cell? Looking at the bright side, at least he wasn't dead yet. Looking at the other people, they apparently weren't as well. At least whoever locked all of them in didn't want to kill them... yet.
Strangely enough this kind of uncertainty made him kind of excited. Oh, the call of adventure, all he had as his weapon was his wit... certainly, this should be interesting. He sure hoped they wouldn't get into more life-threatening trouble for the moment. He'd prefer to have his bow with him if that happened.

He walked up to the bars, making,however, sure to stay out of punching range, and asked: "Hey there. I kind of forgot why I'm in here, and what the sentence was. Mind reminding me? I deserve to know at least that much, right?"

He tried to take a closer look at them. Maybe they happened to be humans - his favorite creature to deal with. That might make this whole thing easier.
King Pie

Post by King Pie »

One of the humanoids draws near with his sword at the ready, "Do you possibly think that we would tell you that, Filth!" and he comes so close that you can make out some distinctly elven features. The other one behind him calls out, "Hey stop playing with them, we've gotta go get a bite."

The One with his sword ready says"Don't try any funny business whilst we are out, or we'll gut you like the animals you are."He then turns and they leave the room.
NOW IS YOUR TIME TO TRY SOME FUNNY BUSINESS, NOW!
Go here alot
DAVE X PIE FOREVER
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

"Well, there they go..."

Now the only people to talk to were his inmates. Mostly humans to his delight, though there was a small one among them, probably a halfling. Lercan didn't like the gloomy atmosphere, and tried to distract himself by striking up some conversation.

"I guess introduction won't really interest you, but you can call me Lercan. I don't know why you're here, but I'm quite certain I wouldn't have done anything illegal... probably. Then again, that's what all of them claim, heh?"

That gave Lercan a sudden idea.

"Well, I may not be... but maybe some of you are.... wait, no.. I don't mean to accuse you or anything, but I just thought that maybe someone of you happens to know his way with locks."

He pointed at the door.

"This doesn't look that complicated even to me. If we can get out of this cell and quickly grab some tools I'm sure we could take those guards by surprise."
GuardianDreamer

"... Huh? Oh, yeah, a handshake is a pretty normal greeting. Nice to meet you. Afraid to say that I don't know what's going on. This is a strange start to this tale, huh?" Thea managed to say to Zar, trying to ignore the pain she currently felt. Okay. That probably could have gone a lot better than it did. She decided to accept Zar's handshake, and as soon as she let go, she thought about what to do next. Others were awakening now. It seemed like there were four people in this cell, counting herself. None of them seemed to have any clue what was going on. Then again, that would be too easy, wouldn't it?

She turned to the human who had introduced himself as Lercan. Since it seemed like everyone's equipment was taken away, for obvious reasons, she could only guess what the others were like. What kind of people they were, their occupation... Information was important to a Bard. From the way he carried himself, Thea would guess that he was probably someone who spent a lot of time outdoors. Perhaps a woodchopper, hunter, or just a normal traveler. Thea didn't like revealing much about her past, but it couldn't be helped in this case.

"And you can call me Thea. Normally I'd be all for making myself sound like some kind of mysterious being with an equally mysterious introduction, but now isn't the time for that, is it? Especially since I can't remember too much right about now. I can tell you I'm a Bard. I'm sure we'll get along well enough. Anyway, I like the sound of your idea. I guess I could give it a shot, but are there any other volunteers? ... Don't ask how I know how to pick a lock. I'm not TOO skilled at it, but a Bard should know a little bit about everything." Thea said, and then decided to check her pockets. She could have sworn she had a lockpick, but that might have been taken away. Though maybe it wouldn't be needed...
So yeah. Checking pockets to see if the Average Lockpick is there or not. And I fully expect Coolio's character to interrupt and pick the lock instead (Since she's better at it) but Thea doesn't know that.
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Make My Life Worse
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
King Pie

Post by King Pie »

You reach into your pocket and feel a lockpick.
Thanks Sleuth, you managed to revive this thread
Go here alot
DAVE X PIE FOREVER
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Ezra noticed the his cellmates nearby-- And they seemed to have a plan in the works. Good-- He needed his armor and weapons back as quickly as possible.

"Excuse me," He said, keeping his voice to a rough whisper, "Are you planning to get out of here? I'll go with you; in return, I shall assist as best I can with my... particular skill set."

His most notable skill being stabbing enemies of the Deity with a lance, but it would likely be of some use. He didn't like having to humble himself like this, but it seemed to be the quickest way out of the cage. Besides, he must help himself to help others, right? It would be a veritable sin to let himself rot away and die when there were so many heathens to slaughter, villains to skewer, and demons to cast into the flame.

"Do any of you know why we are here?" Ezra asked, "As far as I know, I woke up in this dank cage alone; and by the sound of those guards, I figure that if we do not get out soon, we will become a delicious appetizer for them. I presume the same for all of you?"
cooliodude

Post by cooliodude »

Everybody seemed to have awoken in the cell. There were apparently four people in the cell including Zar. The human that Zar had just met was named Thea. She searched through one of the pockets of her clothing and pulled out a lockpick. Everybody in the cell seemed to be humans so Zar felt just a bit like the odd one out.

"I could try opening the door. I am pretty proficient at opening locks. It's part of my job. So if you would kindly pass over that lockpick Thea." Zar smiled and opened her hand that requested the object.
I would just like GD to post that Thea gave me the lockpick and then I'll try to open the door.

~~Married to ZetaAzuel~~

ImageImage
GuardianDreamer

Quick post because I'm not feeling too creative right now, and there's not much to do anyway.
"Best of luck to you, then." Thea said, handing over the Lockpick to Zar. So, apparently Lockpicking was a part of Zar's occupation? Even if now wasn't the time for it, Thea couldn't help but mentally jot down this bit of information. After all, Information was an extremely potent weapon. Whether it was information on your allies, or information on your enemies, it was very useful indeed.
Make My Life Worse
Defend Him, Not Me!
My Twitter is here
King Pie

Post by King Pie »

Zar manages to reach around and pick the lock, causing it to fall on the ground and bust, making an annoying clanging sound. The door swings open.
Go here alot
DAVE X PIE FOREVER