Whodunnit? (Game Over. Solution out.)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Whodunnit? (Game Over. Solution out.)

Post by Blackrune »

This game is played between 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM - Central European Time, West African Time (UTC + 1)!
Let's face it. If you're on the Ace Attorney forums, you probably enjoy murder mysteries. Whodunnit, created by DudeWithAMask, is a game all about murder mysteries. Do your best to solve these murders. If you can. (Assuming you aren't already dead.) Don't worry - it's nothing too complicated.
Backstory
All of you were just riding on a subway train, minding your own business, when you suddenly heard the sound of an explosion.
Even after leaving the train, which was fortunately stopping at a subway station at that moment, you were unable to make out what happened. The driver seemed to be gone. You still had no clue that they blended into your group with the intention to kill everyone, and that you're trapped in this subway station with no hope to escape for the next 12 hours.

How It Works
Don't worry, it's nothing too complex. At the beginning of the game, the GM (me) will select the killer (obviously). Naturally, the other players will be oblivious to his existence. At the start of the game, you will also be provided with a map of the building where the game takes place which you will be free to explore. There are two possible ways for this game to be won:
The killer will win if he's able to kill all the other members without being caught.
The members win if they are able to pinpoint the killer.
Doors can be broken down if a majority of the living layers have voted and a majority of that majority vote to break the door down.
The killer's methods may range from locked rooms to a massacre. It's completely up to him/her. The killer will, however, PM me about the murder method and who he intends to kill. When that happens, a a blackout will occur. During this blackout, their characters will lose all track of their movements and their locations will be unknown to each other. The 'victims' for each blackout will be sent a PM 'You are dead'. (A bit anticlimactic, I know, but...) They will also be informed of any actions the killer might've wanted them to take before they get... uhm... hacked off. Once the killer selects you - that's it. You're done for. If he wants you to do something reasonable that will benefit his trick, you'll do it whether you like it or not. In other words, this could be used for some great manipulation by the killer. It's all a matter of creativity.

Being the killer offers you two benefits aside from that:
The killer gains the complete map of the building where the game takes place, including any secret passages, should they exist.
The killer gets to PM me of any secret actions (actions that other members will not be aware of, such as inspecting certain thing, taking certain things, etc.,etc.).

There's also a bit of an interesting condition for the innocent side - you win if you figure out the killer and if you are able to solve his crimes in entirety. In other words, if someone like Blackrune (;D) were to come along, and locked rooms started to pop up, you would still need to actually solve them. Can't accuse without proof!

Additional Rules
The GM has all the normal GM rights. If something goes wrong, the GM can fix it. For instance, if it turns out that there are way too many rooms, the GM can magically close some of them off.
This mystery cannot be solved without clues that are not presented! In other words, while you are playing as you, you still can't use clues another person found until he/she tells you about it.
The killer's must've at least seen tools he uses to pull off his kills. If he has seen them and taken them with him secretly, then he can just use them at the time of the killing. If he has seen it but not taken it, he has to incorporate how he was able to get the weapon in his description of the crime.
At the start of each round, I will select a player I will call the 'detective'. That person has the right to use three secret actions. (In other words, do something that the other players and the killer himself is unaware of.)
The killer has the right to select an accomplice. This accomplice does not have to be revealed in the revealing of the solution. This accomplice cannot kill.
This accomplice is allowed to stay alive at the end (in other words, the killer doesn't have to kill him).
The killer has 12 Hours to kill everyone.
Time won't move in real-time, obviously. (In other words, I'll decide when I believe time should move forward.)
From the start, the killer has the right for ONE blackout per hour.
When the clock reaches the 12th hour and the killer failed to kill everyone, the killer has lost. However! During this time, other members will be forced to make their choice of the killer and explain the mystery. Should their answer be incorrect, nobody wins.
During one blackout, the killer can only kill ONE person.
The killer is allowed ONCE per game to kill TWO people in one blackout.
The killer's actions MUST be possible within his physical limitations (you can't just get out of a locked room like a magician...)
Label your actions with green, please. It would make things much easier:

Code: Select all

[color=#008000][b][/b][/color]
All of the entrants, please keep your online status hidden while playing.
The culprit cannot pickpocket during the blackout.

Spoiler : Map :
You'll have to figure out yourself what those unlabeled rooms are.
Also, everything connected to the main hallway is on the same floor, while the platforms are actually deeper.
Your starting point is platform no. 1
Dead Players:
Mono the Meerp (Turned into baked goods.)
Superman IN COURT (Properly dressed for his funeral)
TwiGav (High voltage stabbing)
Ryuusai09 (Died before he could try on new clothes)
percey (Avada Kedavra!)
Remilia Scarlet (his head wasn't able to take the twists in GK2)
joseppey (I always knew ties were evil, to be honest)
Danielinhoni (Stalker died in a fire.)
Singidava (a slit throat in a fridge)
kwando (exploded in honor)

I'll also give you this additional information for this round:
There are no more than 2 things in this game that could count as secret passages.
Only one key is hidden in this game that can unlock almost every door, making it close to something like a master key.

Solution:
Spoiler : Roles :
The killer was Fury.
The accomplice was DWaM.

The detective was Remilia Scarlet.
Spoiler : Confession :
1st Blackout wrote:First kill will be of Mono. DWaM walks back through the passage and knocks out Mono in Store 6. He opens the door and then closes it. I then walk to Store 6 and enter it. This is to let the people in the main hall hear a door opened/closed, then some footsteps, then a door opening/closing again, making them think the killer came from another room. We both place Mono’s body in the oven there and turn the oven on up to the max, killing him. I also cut open my maid figurine with my knifegun to acquire the Master Key.(And make sure I keep any junk from cutting open that figurine with me for now.) I leave Store 6 (Opening the door and closing sound.) and I walk back to my place in the main hall. DWaM then opens and closes the door again for sound effects~ DWaM then returns to where he came from.
2nd Blackout wrote:First death:

More obscure deaths, ahoy~! Ryu’s turn this time, cause the kitchen is a cursed place. DWaM knocks out Ryu and then DWaM opens door the door, which everyone in the Main Hall will hear. I knock out everyone in the Main Hall. Then I go to Platform No. 2 and knock out Percey and Rem. I go to Store 6. I grab some of the super cold ice cubes with some oven gloves and chuck them in Ryu’s throat, making him die of choking and over frozen throat. (Of course, put the oven gloves back where they came from afterward.)

Second death:

Sponge also dies!! That will show him being AFK and thus clearing himself of suspicion! Here’s how: I go to Store 3. I knock out Jose and grab a tie from the store. Then I use the tie to strangle Sponge to death. I also make him wear a nice business suit~ Now here’s where things get fun. Together with DWaM I move Ryu’s dead body to a Store 3 cabin, close the curtains and then I walk out the store with DWaM and lock the door with Store Key 3. Then we move both Sponge’s corpse and Gav’s unconscious body to Store 6. I give my Store Key 3 and Master Key to DWaM and leave Store 6. DWaM locks the door of Store 6 with the Master Key. Then DWaM takes the Master Key and chucks it in Sponge’s mouth and makes sure he swallows the Master Key! He then places Store Key 3 in the fridge among the frozen veggies, out of sight. DWaM then hits himself unconscious. (With a pan or chair or whatever he used to knock out Ryu.)

I finally go to Store 4 and hide Store Key 4 among the maid post cards, out of sight. I then hide my real knife gun behind the souvenirs, also out of sight. (The plastic knife guns) Then return to the hallway and knock myself unconscious. (Or pretend to have been.) Now I should also not be holding any items I was withholding in secret~
3rd Blackout wrote:This is going to be looooooooong. Happy birthday with this, Rune~

Gav’s next. We knock him out. (DWaM and I pretend to hear footsteps and pretend we were knocked out after that. We didn’t hear a door cause the ‘’killer’’ that totally isn’t me prolly ‘’used’’ the door to Store 5, which we cannot hear from Store 6, right~?) We then bring Gav and Sponge’s corpse to Store 5. I put off Sponge’s Business Suit and place his corpse near the wall with an electrical socket. I cut his stomach open with DWaM’s knife and retrieve the Master Key. This of course makes quite the mess, so we wash our hands and the Master Key in Store 6 and get a First Aid Kit there. (Every restaurant, fast food or not, has one.) We then apply bandages to Sponge and cover up that hole to prevent him from bleeding more and clean up some of the blood on the ground with napkins from Store 6. We put Sponge’s business suit back on so it’s almost like nothing’s wrong with him unless someone examines his body more thorough. We place Sponge’s body back where he was in Store 6. There’s still a stain in Store 5 near the wall with the electrical socket. We place Gav’s body on the stain, then stab him repeatedly with the knife in both his back and stomach, killing him. DWaM also gets some matches from Store 6 and Hairspray from Store 5.

We get out Store 5 to the Main Hall and knock out Rem. I go to the Male’s restroom to flush down the bloody napkins down the toilet, then flush some more to get rid of the bloody water in the toilet. I walk to Platform No. 2 so everyone there can hear some footsteps. I go to Store 1 to open a box containing a TV or Computer/Laptop and take the cable plug (Or in the Laptop’s case the recharge cable.) then place the box back to where it belongs. I go back to Store 5 and get some rubber gloves from Store 6. I place the Staff Key in Gav’s nose which is obvious for everyone to see. DWaM puts on the rubber gloves and cuts the cable in half. He then puts the plug of the cable in the electrical socket and the other end in one of Gav’s wounds. DWaM also makes sure most of Gav’s body is hiding the cable and we push a cupboard (one with cosmetics for customers for display.) in front of the socket so it’s also out of obvious sight. Gav’s body is now conducting electricity. Anyone dumb enough to touch him or the metal Staff Key without protection is very likely to get an electric shock. DWaM stabs Gav one more time with the knife and leaves it in the wound. Then he returns the gloves where they came from and we both leave Store 5. I still have the other half of the cable and return it to the box I got it from in Store 1.

Okay, I’m about done n- THEN, in the Main Hall, we go to that Staff Room door. DWaM applies some of the flammable make-up all over the door. Then DWaM lights up a match and CAREFULLY uses the hairspray on it in the direction of the door, creating a home made flamethrower. The door should now burn. After a bit of burning, I use a close by fire extinguisher to put out all the flames. Thanks to the burn, the door should be very unstable. We knock down the door and knock out Dan in his room. DWaM quickly takes all items me and he took during the Black Out. (Should only be Hairspray, Matches and Fire Extinguisher now.) and places them in their original spots.

We go to Store 2 and if that one happens to be locked, open it with the Master Key and close it behind us. I swallow the Master Key. I knock out both DWaM and myself.

After knocking out Dan, steal dem gold chains. Also taking any gold chain related thing out of Store 2, then try to flush them all down the toilet, one by one, in the Male's Bathroom. Freaking plan ruiners...
That one needed some revisions regarding nonexistant first-aid kits and matches.
Revision wrote:I see. Well, as a replacement for the matches, DWaM could put napkins in an empty milkshake cup, put a bit of make up on the napkins then light the napkins on fire with the stove, creating a short lasting home made torch. DWaM quickly runs to the door with it and uses the hairspray on it to burn it down that way. (I really need that door down because it's a very annoying double door especially with Dan's trick. If that trick is performed right just once, you can create a lot of clears and find the killer instantly with just process of elimination. Especially with all those inactives around.)

As for the First Aid Kit, I could perhaps get some bandages from the Kits in the Emergency Room? In case not, I guess all I can do is clean and close the wound the best I can with napkins instead of bandages. (Just stuffing his wound with em until the bleeding stops.)

Another thing: When I'm walking in Platform No. 2 for footsteps, I also open and close that door there. I do this again right before I enter Store 2 with DWaM.

:side:

Also, sticking some forks in Cooked Mono while I'm at it.
4th Blackout wrote:Easy one on Percey. As soon as the Blackout occurs, I immediately knock Kwando out before he can use his flashlight. Then I knock out the rest in the Main Hall. I destroy Kwando’s flashlight beyond function with Dan’s hammer. Then I go to the Staff Area, knock Percey unconscious and bring his body to Store 5. I then smack Percey’s brain in with Dan’s hammer until he dies. Then I wrap his head in with bandages from his first aid kit. I also make him wear Kwando’s Plunger on his head and that shower curtain as a robe and the broom in his hand. I grab some random make up from Store 5 and draw a smiley resembling Harry Potter on his bandage wrapped head.

Then I return the random make up in Store 5, leave and lock the door with Kwando’s key. I wash the hammer from blood in the Male's Restroom and return the hammer to Dan and the Store 5 key to Kwando. (So that I hold nothing I didn’t have before the Blackout. Then I knock myself out in the Main Hall. End Blackout. (No Chamber of Secrets, sorry.)

(Everyone but DWaM and Jose is knocked out or dead, so I guess for this sake they can wake up a little sooner.)
5th Blackout wrote:Not going to get too complicated again. Maybe tomorrow. Welp, let’s start out with the usual. Knock out anyone in the Main Hall, besides myself. I take ol’ knocked out Rem with me and go to the escalator of Platform No. 1. It’s pretty basic. All I have to do is make sure Rem’s head gets jammed and crushed by the escalator that is moving down. After a while of cracking he should be dead. (Death by crush. People might even wonder how that could have happened without Dan’s hammer.) I clean up the blood with Rem’s towel on the escalator.

I go to the bathroom, put two fingers in my mouth so I throw up in the sink. This should bring back my Master Key. I wash it well and use handsoap to block out any smell. I use it to open Store 5 and dump Rem’s corpse there. I play AA on his DS until a point where the Suspension theme starts playing. Put the volume on Max and hide the DS under the towel in Store 5 next to Rem. I leave Store 5, lock the door, eat the Master Key again and knock myself out in the Main Hall.
6th Blackout wrote:Jose, our last most innocent guy, dies next. I leave Store 2. DWaM pretends to hear nothing. I knock out Singi for the tenth bazillion time (Hey, at least she doesn't die right before theory time again as usual.) and go to the male bathroom to re-obtain my Master Key just like last time. (including cleaning) I unlock Store 3, knock out Jose. I tie a tie to his neck and the other end of the tie to a clothes hanger. I hang the clothes hanger at a high point in one of the cabins, killing Jose by hanging. Then I close the curtains of the cabin. I leave the store, lock the door again and eat the Master Key. Then I go back to Store 2 to chill.
7th Blackout wrote:Dan da Man just ran out of lifespan! ...Okay, that was very lame. Ignore that. DwaM exits Store 2 for sound effects and knocks out Kwando. Then I go to Store 3 and knock out Dan and Singi. I take Dan and throw him in that secret area in the Main Hall. (The one Kwando found by blowing up that pillar.) I make another homemade torch just like last time (Using Kwando’s key 5) and… while I’m at it, I’ll take all of the corpses of Store 5 and 6 and throw them in the same area as where Dan is. (deactivating Gav’s electricity trap before I touch him, of course.) I sprinkle some of Kwando’s fuel on them all and throw the torch at them, effectively burning them all to a crisp. I return all items to their respective owners, locking all doors again I unlocked during this blackout and DwaM goes back to store 2. Finally, I knock myself out in the Main Hall.
8th Blackout wrote:Welp, due to Kwando being such a chicken, he gets away for now. And while I really enjoy wasting people's time with random long blackouts, theory time will do me in sooner or later, might as well kill while I still can. My next target is Singi. I pretend to hear a door opening in the Main Hall. I go to the security room and knock her out. While I’m at it, I also break all the monitors in the security room. (I would kill Singi here and leave the body in the security room for the sake of a TV addict joke, but I really need to hide this body soooo…) Oh right, I still need a murder weapon… Random Writing Prompt Generator gives me…. A black cat, a broken piece of glass, and a stepping stone. …Right. So I use a broken piece of glass from one of the monitors is just broke and just make this quick.

I take Singi’s corpse to Store 6 (Master Key eat trick) and hide her body in the fridge there. I head back to the Main Hall and lock Store 6 behind me and eat the key again. Then I get DWaM to save him from looking at all those high prices at Store 2 any longer, knock him out, use make up to draw fake strangle lines on his neck and hide him behind one of the cabins in the women’s bathroom. (Making sure you won’t see his body parts from under the cabin on a first glance.) I draw the same lines with make up on my neck, then go to Store 1. There, I shall hide in a cardboard box(!) of an LCD TV there among others like it. I knock myself out.
9th Blackout wrote:Woot! Time for revenge for destroying my precious mini locked room! Kwando has done a splendid job collecting murder weapons and keys for me, scouting the area’s for me and fooling around, but it’s high time he disappeared. DWaM and I meet in the Main Hall. There, we have an epic debate. In the end we come to the conclusion that the door to Kwando’s Bathroom must be broken. (If this fails, I’ll just take the Knife gun I hid, knock on the door, saying in a deep voice I am the rescue party that has come to save him. Then when I know he’s close, I shoot through the door, or wait for him to open and then shoot.)

But just in case things get fun, I knock Kwando out. I know this is needlessly complicated, but I just like an ironic death better. I take his Welding machine and take all the metal keys he has and weld them into a chain. Then I use the chain to press Kwando on the floor and weld the chain to the floor. With Kwando stuck to the floor, I take his fuel, place it near him. (Though not too near so he can’t touch it.) I then place the welding machine on the floor, press the on button so it keeps welding (Or if it’s one of those ‘’keep button pressed to weld'' type of things, just wrap a bandage of Kwando’s First Aid Kit hard on that button so it keeps welding.) I aim the welding machine at the fuel Jerry Can and run back to my cardboard box and hide. After a while, I should hear a boom, making Kwando go out with a bang. ;D
Spoiler : All the secrets :
Main Hallway:

There's a hidden room behind a poster on the pillar in the main hallway. Inside the pillar is a small safe.
You apparently have to enter a combination. On top of it is an old clock that stopped working.
The combination is 4372 - the clock hinted at the fact you have to go clockwise. Under the clock is a note saying "4 numbers"
Inside the safe is the emergency shutdown key and a laughing gas spray can.
There is a note in one of the trash cans: "The sum of all digits is 24."

The key to the jewelry store is hidden under one of the benches in the main hallway.

Platform 1:

The staff key is hidden inside the train. It's on the driver's seat.
You can find a functionable flashlight if you go walk a little into the tunnel the train was supposed to proceed in. (taken)

Platform 2:

The staff key gives you access to the power generator on platform 2.
You have to enter the security code to reactivate it.
It's a 6-digits number. 178251
More than 3 tries result in the generator getting stubborn and only allowing 1 try per hour.
Once reactivated, the escalators work again and the security room is more functionable.

Storage Room 1:

There's an iron cutter, a roll of duct tape, and some glue hidden behind the boxes.

Storage Room 2:

A portable welding machine is in one of the cardboard boxes.
You can also find some fuel here.

Men's Bathroom:

Behind one of the mirrors in the men's bathroom is a red 2.
There is a note in the trash can: "The sum of the first 3 digits is the sum of the latter 3 digits multiplied by 2."

Women's Bathroom:

A red 7 is sprayed on the wall in one of the cabins in the women's bathroom.
THere is a note in the trash can: "The second digit has a higher value than the fifth digit."

Multimedia Store (1):

The key to the multimedia store is hidden in its cash register.

Jewelry Store (2):

The security room cardkey is hidden in the displayed "Locket of the Iron Solari" in the jewelry store. The jewelry store key opens the display cases.

Clothing Store (3):

The key to the clothing store is hidden in one of the pockets of a suit.

Souvenir Store (4):

The souvenirs include a plastic knifegun. However, there's an actual knifegun under the plastic. It has only 3 shots left to shoot though.
There's a small maid figurine. If destroyed, you find the master key inside.
There's a rotating chessboard... with no deeper purpose.
There's a small figurine of a female version of Sherlock HOlmes. You can actually remove the hat, and it's a key!
There's a box with a keyhole. It says this is supposed to be a miniature locked room. To solve it, apply the Holmes key. Inside you find... piano string. What a lame solution.
The souvenir store key is also hidden inside the cash register here. (taken)
There is some weird looking creature that is labeled as a mixture of a "koopa" and a "kirby". Don't use a pocketwatch on it!

Cosmetic Store (5):

Cosmetics store key is hidden on the rails at Platform 2, opposite the direction of the secret room.
Ariadoney nail polish in the cosmetics store is actually poisoned just like it was in the AA games.
It will not necessarily kill the person if they are immediately treated in the emergency room within an hour.
The chances of survival are 50 - 50 if treated.

There is a picture of a man walking a dog in a park in the fastfood restaurant.
There's a picture of a woman in the cosmetic store. Only the fact that one of her hands is a mixture of a file and a hook seems off-putting.
Behind those two pictures is a passage into the other room.

Fast Food Store (6):

In the back of the fast food store is a big fridge containing frozen food. There are also kitchen utensils... and some of the ice is actually dry ice.
The key to the store can also be found there.
There is a picture of a man walking a dog in a park in the fastfood restaurant.
THere's a picture of a woman in the cosmetic store. Only the fact that one of her hands is a mixture of a file and a hook seems off-putting.
Behind those two pictures is a passage into the other room.

Staff Area:

There's a sheet of paper on one of the office desks bearing a 4 in red.
There is a note under the plant: "The fourth digit is the sum of the first and the last digit."
There's a sealed envelope containing a letter from Rune to Luna.

Staff Bathroom:

THere's a red 3 on the shower curtain in the staff bathroom.

Emergency Room:

There is a note under the pillow: "The first and the last digit are the same"

Security Room:

Doesn't work until power generator is fixed.
THere are cameras letting you see into every single room. (except the secret rooms.) Nobody can perform a secret action whithout you noticing while you are looking at them.
If you use the emergency key on the control desk in the security room, the two platforms will be sealed off with iron shutters.
There is a note on one of the chairs: "Only 1 digit appears more than once."

Secret Room:

The key that unlocks the big chainlock on the exit is hidden inside the box in the secret room.
The secret room ladder leads up to the staff bathroom. There is a removable tile on the ground, it's impossible to remove it without any tools from above though.

Exit door:

You can't actually exit, there's just a small room behind that. Apparently bombs were used to block the pathway.
There is one small bomb that didn't explode there.
Last edited by Blackrune on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 167 times in total.
DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Re: Whodunnit? (Round 5 starting today)

Post by DWaM »

Huh... the time of the game actually works out extremely well for me. XD
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Re: Whodunnit? (Exploring time)

Post by Singidava »

Yeah, thanks for ending the game 10 PM. Though I might still be inactive thanks to my uni parties and stuff (I have one today as well).
percey

Post by percey »

Oh !@#$, Blackrune made a round with the train theme before I could DX
There wasn't a signature fad/meme/whatever here, what are you talking about?
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

You could still make one where people are actually on a moving train. :P
Remilia Scarlet

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

That'd be pretty awesome. But pretty tricky if the killer could just throw all the bodies off the train :P
The Fury Wraith
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by The Fury Wraith »

Weird, I thought I signed up for this one in the last topic.

Can you please resign me, Rune?
Case made by me: Turnabout Retribution
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Oh my, did I miss you?
Well in that case, my apologies.
I also have to apologize to the killer and detective, because now I'll have to reshuffle.
If don't get another PM, I'm afraid you just lost your role. Sorry if you were hyped for it already.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Quick question about the map. Is going off on the tracks out of bounds then?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
joseppey

Post by joseppey »

Sounds interesting! What room does everyone start in?
[Insert advertisement for trial here]
[Insert random quote here]
[Insert stupid joke here]
Blackrune

Re: Whodunnit? (Game started)

Post by Blackrune »

You all begin on Platform No. 1.

GAME START!

It is 6 PM, the killer may strike.
joseppey

Re: Whodunnit? (Game start)

Post by joseppey »

I inspect platform 1.
[Insert advertisement for trial here]
[Insert random quote here]
[Insert stupid joke here]
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Spoiler : :
Thanks to rain I can be active today.
As the only woman in the game I do what I obviously have to do... Go to search women's bathroom
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Spoiler : :
Alrighty... Let's see if I still remember this. :P
Enter a room (according to the map) that's on the platform and inspect it.
percey

Post by percey »

I examine my surroundings.
There wasn't a signature fad/meme/whatever here, what are you talking about?