RP: How to Save a Life (Now Accepting Characters.)

Play fun games in the forums with other members.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

FenrirDarkWolf
Spoken languages: English

RP: How to Save a Life (Now Accepting Characters.)

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Code: Select all

October 7, 9:00 PM
Airport
Flight 129
The plane crashed, a family mourned for the loss of their loved one. One family in particular, is notable. The Ruthel family, a lower-middle class family. Jonas Ruthel, the father was on the plane, and died in the crash. The Ruthel's need for Jonas was remarkable, as he was the only one in the family able to get a job. And so they bargained and wished for him to come back, and it was granted, with a price.

The Ruthel family must prevent Jonas from getting on the plane, while he is wistfully unaware that he had died. The family has until 9 PM, when he boards he plane, to save him. If they succeed, they will keep being able to live their lived in peace and harmony, if they fail, they must relive the day and try to save him again, with the cycle continuing.

I, the GM, will control Jonas Ruthel's actions during the day, you, the players, will be the family. The game will be a race against time, as I am Jonas, each time I post will count as one hour game time. You, the family, has to try and do all that you can to prevent him from entering the plane.

For now, we need the main family, his wife, daughter, son, his parents and two close family friends to start the game, others may join later on, if it can fit into the story well.
Spoiler : Application Form :
Name:
Appearance:
Player:
Spoiler : Characters :
Name: Jonas Ruthel
Relation: Father
Personality: Though strict and mean at times, he cares for his family. As the only working man, he's stressed to the max, and often times blows up without rhyme or reason, often apologizing a few seconds later.
Appearance: Red hair, with dark brown eyes. Naturally tall, with both large hands and feet. Tends to dress in suits.
Player: FenrirDarkWolf

Name: Julianna Graves
Relation: Old college friend, now a close family friend
Personality: Julianna is a bright, bubbly, extra-vivacious person -- a persona that hides a lot of strain, stress, and anxiety due to working three jobs to support a young daughter as a single mother. She always likes helping out and is incredibly supportive of her friends, but her friendship with Jonas and his family is pretty much the only thing keeping her going at this point. She relies on them to keep her sane so that she doesn't break and end up calling her horrible, loser ex-husband. She is fun and enthusiastic.
Appearance: Long wavy brown hair, light grey-blue eyes, average height, curvy build, high cheekbones.
Player: paradoxinparticles

Name: Kyle Heathers
Relation: Close Friend
Personality: Calm and relaxed, just like it's normal for a hobby-programmer without any responsibilities.
Appearance: Blond, short hair, green eyes. Always wears an old T-Shirt with a 1-up Mushroom on it.
Player: Mick
Last edited by FenrirDarkWolf on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: RP: How to Save a Life (Now Accepting Characters.)

Post by gotMLK7 »

Buddy, I have an interest in this.
But a couple of questions concerning the story so I can confirm if I want to join.
One, how exactly will the game play?
Two, who did the Ruthels' bargain with exactly?
Three, can we get a physical description of Jonas? I'm considering being one of the children, so some family heritage might help in design.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

gotMLK7 wrote:Buddy, I have an interest in this.
But a couple of questions concerning the story so I can confirm if I want to join.
One, how exactly will the game play?
Two, who did the Ruthels' bargain with exactly?
Three, can we get a physical description of Jonas? I'm considering being one of the children, so some family heritage might help in design.
The game will be a race against time, as I am Jonas, each time I post will count as one hour game time. You, the family, has to try and do all that you can to prevent him from entering the plane. Whom the Ruthels' actually bargained with, it was a god-like deity of some sort, the character's not actually too relevant to the story, but, whatever.
Spoiler : :
Name: Jonas Ruthel
Relation: Father
Personality: Though strict and mean at times, he cares for his family. As the only working man, he's stressed to the max, and often times blows up without rhyme or reason, often apologizing a few seconds later.
Appearance: Red hair, with dark brown eyes. Naturally tall, with both large hands and feet. Tends to dress in suits.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
paradoxinparticles
Spoken languages: English, French

Post by paradoxinparticles »

Spoiler : app :
Name: Julianna Graves
Relation: Old college friend, now a close family friend
Personality: Julianna is a bright, bubbly, extra-vivacious person -- a persona that hides a lot of strain, stress, and anxiety due to working three jobs to support a young daughter as a single mother. She always likes helping out and is incredibly supportive of her friends, but her friendship with Jonas and his family is pretty much the only thing keeping her going at this point. She relies on them to keep her sane so that she doesn't break and end up calling her horrible, loser ex-husband. She is fun and enthusiastic.
Appearance: Long wavy brown hair, light grey-blue eyes, average height, curvy build, high cheekbones.
Player: Me! paradoxinparticles
call me Parrie

"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear and will let it pass through me."
-Frank Herbert

I make boxart now
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Accepted, Ill but ecerything after the game tonite.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Mick
Spoken languages: English, German, some Italian, some French

Post by Mick »

"Ghost Trick for the living"
That's a reaaally interesting idea and though I don't like RPs that much, I'm probably signing up. If not, I'm watching the first round and make my decision afterwards.
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Mick wrote:"Ghost Trick for the living"
That's a reaaally interesting idea and though I don't like RPs that much, I'm probably signing up. If not, I'm watching the first round and make my decision afterwards.
JOINNNNNN!!!!
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Mick

Post by Mick »

P-put that knife away! O_o I-i'm joining. Just. Calm. Down.

Name: Kyle Heathers
Relation: Close Friend
Personality: Calm and relaxed, just like it's normal for a hobby-programmer without any responsibilities.
Appearance: Blond, short hair, green eyes. Always wears an old T-Shirt with a 1-up Mushroom on it.
Player: Mick
Last edited by Mick on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Good, good.
Jussst asss planned.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Drey Wilkins
Spoken languages: English + Scraps of Russian

Post by Drey Wilkins »

Hmm... I think I might join this...

Avatar and signature made by the wonderful Holhol.
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Drey Wilkins wrote:Hmm... I think I might join this...
Perhaps you should.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Mick

Post by Mick »

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:Good, good.
Jussst asss planned.
I sssee.
Drey Wilkins wrote:Hmm... I think I might join this...
Do it! Naow! :gray:
MrAwesome

Post by MrAwesome »

Spoiler : :
Um, I want to join this, but 2 questions:
1. Can I?
2. Any spots for teenage male characters?
Mr. Awesome Ace Attorney
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

Sorry, Awesome, I doubt you'll get much luck with this RP. Last post before yours was in September of 2012. This was one that never got off the ground and just never really returned...
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

MrAwesome

Post by MrAwesome »

Well, that's fine, plenty of other ones to try
Mr. Awesome Ace Attorney